SURPRISE! *An OU Warstory*

This was a nice write-up of the battle between the two of you. That Infernape of his was trying to use HP Ice on your Salamence that might have switched in on Grass Knot that was aimed at your Gyarados. He over predicted and it costed him the match. Although he would end up falling prey to your Scizor's Bullet Punch either way. Oh yeah, Scizor's a check to Salamence and not a true counter, mind you :P Nonetheless it was a good battle overall.

Very nice warstory, entertaining commentary, good format, and a good battle with thoughtful predictions. About Gengar, contrary to what others were saying, I think it was a good move to switch out. As others have stated, Scizor would have just killed you anyways, but the way you did it you were able to take out Starmie. Starmie was a bigger threat to your team than Infernape, IMO, so the move worked out for the best.

Like everyone else said, great warstory, far better than others lately. Btw...

I get a resisted Shadow Bolt off to lather some good damage on top of the Hazard damage and get him below half, but alas he pursuit's me down as expected.

I didn't know Gengar learned Shadow Bolt.

I think today makes 1 week of competitive battling so far. I might do a Warstory Bi-weekly if you guys liked it enough and I get enough good battles to pick from. Kind of like a progress mark for me, heh.
fyi I think that's too much. Just keep battling (on the suspect ladder especially) and you'll find some really good matches. I've never done a warstory in my life, not because I don't want to but because I'm waiting for just the right battle. Rather then wanting to write a warstory and scrounging for battles (like making a set timeline would do) you can produce high-quality stuff whenever that battle comes up. You'll know the battle when you play it.

Anyways, it was good for a first time. You took the tentative jump into smogon and didn't fail as did so many others. (quite possibly me in that failure group) If you put this much effort into everything else you do here, you'll be a great user :) (notes during battles? :o)

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I expected this to be mediocre after reading some parts of the introduction, but like the others, I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a perfect battle by any means, but I think some of the playing was impressive considering you just recently started competitive. This is a promising start--I look forward to seeing more from you once you've gotten a little more experience under your belt!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)