Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Dome: Reviloja753, Jalmont, TraceofLife, zorbees, Da Letter El, King_

Claw: PD, HeaLNDeal, Animus Majulous, Lord Gaius, Blazade, thetwinmasters

Helix: Haruno, Memoric, sparktrain, Hilomilo, ItzViper482, Pidge

Root: Mithril, Myzozoa, Asek, Whydon, Flyhn, DeathByWobbuffet

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
OK, that wraps up the draft. Thanks to everyone who made this go rly fast. Please remember to invite your members to your new discords that we made for ya'll.

With that, here is your next challenge!

You ain't getting a challenge, where are my 20 likes.

Just kidding, next challenge will be revealed at 10 PM PST today. Be there.

EDIT: if you need to join your tribe discord, just pm me on discord (sam-testings#5259)
or ask in your voting conversation

Last edited:

sam-testings

Welcome to the Puzzle Challenge! In this Puzzle, you will have to find a word or phrase from the clues given to you. The first two tribes to find the answer to the puzzle receive immunity. A new puzzle channel will be made within your tribe discords, and each time someone from your tribe posts something in there, it counts as a guess. Each tribe will receive 3 guesses every 48 hours. You may only discuss the puzzle with those within your tribe. You will receive a hint 48 hours after this challenge has been posted. If there are further questions, please ask. Good luck, you'll need it.

EDIT: the answer is indeed pokemon related, sorry for not making that clear.

Last edited:

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Snypes post has multiple h's. You know who else has multiple h's?

Triple H.

Who is Triple H fighting THIS SUNDAY NIGHT?

JOHN CENA

DOO DOO DOO DOO

YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ASSOCIATE WITH JOHN CENA?

HORNS

What pokemon move involves a horn?

Horn drill.

What's horn drill's accuracy?

30%. Hold onto this, it's going to be important in a minute.

Clearly we are going to need to involve some math here. Let's convert "horn drill" to a number by adding the digits associated with each letter's place in the alphabet.

8 + 15 + 18 + 14 + 4 + 18 + 9 + 12 + 12 = 110

30...110...We have essentially changed the lead 3 to a 1. 3 to 1...3-1...

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals.

sam-testings

Congratulations to Helix for solving this in 1 hour 10 minutes flat, and Claw for solving this in 15 hours and 19 minutes! Dome and Root, you know what to do.

The solution was the last letter of each word spelled out signature. If you clicked my signature it took you to a barcode, which scanned gave you a string of letters which when added to an imgur link took you to a picture of nidoran m, which was the answer. Additionally, the first letter of each picture spelled out piscis red, which when rearranged and translated is red fish, or red herring. Just a little joke :p

Last edited:

sam-testings

Ok there was some confusion this last tribal, so here are some clarifying rules. If you submit your vote, we are going to take it that this is who you want to vote. If you think you are going to change your vote, don't submit your vote. We will not be proceeding with doing vote reveal unless all votes are in. (please submit votes in a timely manner) Changing your vote is fine, but if you are going to change your vote, make another post confirming that you changed your vote rather than solely editing your post.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
And then there were 22 as you all see that the Dome Tribe has sent home Reviloja753 and the Root Tribe has sent home Asek.

For this week's episode we will be taking a flight to Las Vegas and shooting the episode here since this is apparently how our budget's allocated. All of you dress up nice and fancy and head downstairs to the hotel lobby, except for Da Letter El, whom Pidge swears he saw off gallivanting with a certain wealthy and well-connected gentleman friend, but it's okay because the Dumb Dome Tribe might not need him so immediately for this challenge.

"Welcome to Vegas!" A suave rssp1 greets his contestants with Sam-testings, Steven Snype, and Drew standing behind him, just serving as eye candy.

Snype steps forward to reveal today's challenge. "Today, you will be gambling. We will give you a certain amount of gold coins since the American dollar's inflation rate is not helping us with the expenses to fly you guys out here. 30 per tribe. You must acquire points. The two tribes to earn the fewest amount of points will head to elimination." HealNDeal immediately reaches for his inhaler, stammering "but the House always wins?"

Sam-testings responds with a quip, "Well it's a good thing that we're friends of the house. They gave us the specs of the machine we'll be playing with."

Flyhn inquisitively asks, "The machine? You mean there's only one?"

Drew leads you all to the table with 22 chairs around it. "That's right. We can learn to share. In fact, we'll be sharing the information of some of these specs with you."

Haruno gets hella giddy at the prospect of this, "Sick. Let's goooooooooo-" but is cut off when he is unable to recognize this gambling machine. What he does see are a bunch of high scores with some familiar names on there:

Steven Snype
Da Letter El
PokeguyNXB
Pidge
There are a couple other names on this list, as thetwinmasters asks "what the hell is a celever?"

Everybody is confused at what this could mean, except for one individual. zorbees has a blank look, something that reflects the likes of PTSD on his face fightin with his war buddies as he witnessed his platoon retreat and accidentally step on some mines....

It turns out this next challenge is....

h/o give me a few

guys i'm serious there's no puzzle hidden here.

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
So as I was saying while you kids were rudely interrupting me, it turns out the next challenge is....

~~~~Voltorb Flip~~~~

• The setting for this task will be the following 8x8 square grid, with a total of 18/64 squares with mines on them:
X A B C D E F G H
1 - - - - - - - -
2 - - - - - - - -
3 - - - - - - - -
4 - - - - - - - -
5 - - - - - - - -
6 - - - - - - - -
7 - - - - - - - -
8 - - - - - - - -

• The letters A-H will be used to identify columns and the numbers 1-8 will be used to identify rows
  • Under each square is either a mine or a number ranging from 1-6, inclusive. It is more likely to have a value of 1-4 than a 5 or a 6.
  • The board was generated by first randomly determining which squares are mines using a string generator. Then a sequence of numbers was generated and each square's points depended on the digit in the sequence modulo 7, where 7's were given 4 instead of 0.
  • Opening a mine forces the tribe that opened the mine to exit the game and any of their unopened keys to be returned to the host.
  • Every tribe has knowledge about 2 rows and 2 columns, both randomly selected but in such a manner that information of all 8 rows and columns is existing in the game. They will know the sum of the points available in that row/column and the number of mines in that row / column.
  • There are cycles that shall continue until either all teams have elected to drop out or if all teams have opened a mine.
  • There are two units to be mindful for: coins and points. Coins are used for payment and Points will be used for determining immunity.
  • There are two parts to each cycle: Bid Phase and Open Decision Phase. All information generated by Bid/Open Phase will only be revealed at the end of cycle.
  • Each tribe starts with 30 gold. At the end of each Open Phase, every tribe will gain 10 gold.
  • During the Bid Phase, players may bid for information on squares and/or their keys. Bidding on keys is performed by silent auction. Bidding on information is a static cost. In addition to bidding from the hosts, tribes may also negotiate with another tribe to trade keys or purchase keys for gold. Both parties must submit a message with what they expect to exchange and receive. If these do not match, the trade is voided and will not occur. Bid Phases last 48 hours.
  • During the Open Phase, players may elect to open any squares to reap their rewards for better or for worse. They must submit the exact ordering that they wish to open their squares. Should a square open a number, the tribe acquires points equivalent to the square's value. Should a square open a mine mid-order, the tribe will receive points for the squares they opened prior to opening the mine. Owning a key does not mean you must open the square for the key. Open Phases last 24 hours.
  • Every square has keys associated with it. A square may not be checked unless you own the key for that square. Keys will be publicly announced if they have been purchased by a tribe, but not which one. If multiple squares are to be opened, they will be opened in the particular order specified in the PM. Should a square open a mine mid-order, the points-counting ends and any unused keys will return to the hosts, available for other tribes to bid on them.
  • In addition to bidding from the hosts, tribes may also negotiate with another tribe that has not opened a mine to trade keys or purchase keys for a combination of gold and points. Both parties must submit a message with what they expect to exchange and receive. If these do not match, the trade is voided and will not occur. Any gold received from a tribe may not be used for the same Bid Phase it is received.
  • Any and all bids submitted must be submitted under the assumption that they all succeed. Bids sent in on contingency plans will not be allowed. Your accounting must be accounted for properly.
  • Bidding for keys must have a 3 gold minimum.
  • Players may communicate with each other freely only regarding this task, even if they are not on the same tribe.
  • Top two tribes with the most points get tribal immunity at the end of this challenge.
Information costs:
  • Whether or not an individual square is a mine (3 gold)
  • How many points a square is worth. Mines will be revealed as 0 points. (5 gold)
  • The sum of the points available in any row/column and the number of mines in that row / column (12 gold)
On bid ties with equivalent values:

Here is how bid ties will be evaluated if they turn out to be for the same value: it's going to be based off of first come first serve, assuming both orders are valid. If you edit your bid for a value to have it, then your bid will be treated at the time it was edited, but only if your value changes. If you change your bid from a valid bid to another valid bid, make a post in your tribal conversation with which bids you've changed. The bids for the individual keys will be treated as the priority at the time of the edit.

If your new bid is invalid, however, depending on the reason/scope for invalidity, your entire bid could be invalidated. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Just make sure the math adds up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)