Resource SV OU Bazaar - The Indigo Disk Edition!

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion

Art by Ssensenh / OP Stolen From GMars

Welcome to the (second) Scarlet & Violet OU Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:

Baloor said:
:garchomp::moltres-galar::dragapult::melmetal::volcarona::zeraora:

https://pokepast.es/9746a493a46d443c

this is a pretty fun HO team that fits the "halloween monsters" theme I was going for. this team has some pretty insane synergy, a ton of mons opening opportunities for others to sweep. mixed lead lo chomp allows you to poke holes in the opposing ground types, opening chances for zera to sweep. chomp + melm stress out ferro/skarm/corv for physical pult. molt + chomp + melm overwhelm tran for volc. the one rough mu for this is opposing garchomp, where you have to play conservatively since you cant actually switch anything in. the game plan is to chip it then blast it with sucker pult. i have lum berry on gmolt since it can absorb status and get a free turn but heavy-duty boots can also work since gmolt can take one of prety much anything from chomp at full. weakness policy can work too if you arent worried about all that. i wouldn't spam it for a long period of time due to the chomp mu. something a bit more niche but is a threat is quagsire, you can kinda muscle through it but theres 5 other mons on stall for a reason. i have psychic on volcarona because pex is really nice to get through but you can always drop it for giga drain or use qd 3atks (i hate non roost volc tho) if quagsire becomes that annoying for you. ive found every other mu ive ran into to be pretty playable. i hope everybody enjoys this team as it is super fun to use while maintaining the halloween spirit. s/o ausma for the final edits.

https://pokepast.es/c331e7db45fc1955

I'm eager to share my very first team with you all, so feel free to offer any criticism or suggestions on how I can get even better. When I noticed the leaks, Blazkin Hyper Offense immediately came to mind. With Tera now available to increase its stabs, the Pokemon is far more effective than it was previously. But because Blazkin is quite vulnerable and finds it difficult to transition into the wonderful tusk, I made the decision that in addition to using an air balloon to get a free setup on Tusk, I also needed to run it on a veil to extend its life! After an SD boost, Tera's soaring acro blows through much of this tier, and with the veil up, it's difficult to revenge kill. Up next I chose to utilize Iron Boulder since it is the fastest Pokemon in this tier and has a powerful punch. I also desired to have some overall speed control. CC is absent since I use eq+zen headbutt to hit both Great Tusk and Gholdengo in the same slot. Whatever the tera may be, Steel withstands most of the stabs intended to kill it in retaliation with priority. Deoxy's speed turns out to be the finest hazard setting among the tier, so I decided to run it. This set, however, is not your typical one; instead, it ruins rival lead sets of Deoxys by using mental herb+twave+taunt. For booster moth, you just need 168 speed, but I choose to go at maximum speed for the tie-in speed with other Deoxys. I was eager to find a troublesome setup cleaner to add to our already robust core. Since we no longer had Mag, I figured Latias would be the most significant option. You blast through Iron Boulder with just 124-speed EVs, freeing you to use defense EVs to boost your resistance against physical opponents. You cannot set yourself up for free on Gliscors and Clodsires who beg for toxic to break you down. The tera on this one is hard, but I have determined that tera poison is the one you want. Ultimately, even though it seems strange for hyper offense, I needed some kind of hazard removal. However, Terapago manages to make it function by being big, strong, and an incredible end-game cleaner with cm+rapid spin, which allows him to become a serious threat after just a few boosts. This set uses earth power to destroy poison/steel types such as Heatran and Slowking-Galar. Although this Pokemon tends to be a tera hog, I have won some games without it. This team is quite lethal, even if I am now experiencing some tilt. Their performance has quickly surpassed me into the 1600s!

A lot of edits have been made to this team since I last posted, here is an updated version: https://pokepast.es/e9a6fefb2df46f7f
Kyurem+Ninetails A is a nasty combo, I am still undecided on what the terapagos replacement would be, however. Iron Boulder is now tera flying to set up on Tusk. Latias speed was adjusted to 128 for scarf Darkrai

Last edited:
terrakion.png

Veil on Roids

Probably my first bazaar ive done ever despite me playing comp for so long so lets get to business shall we?

Teambuilding process
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team starts with deo-s + alolatales(and is the main reason why i came up with the team name):
1702928718222.png
: Deo-S's lead sets did take a bit of a hit in ou this gen(compare to early Gen 4/5/6 OU when it was legal at least) since HDB's were added last gen and are also really common, furthermore new spin mechanics and pokemon like spdef torkoal(a popular pokemon that also has rapid spin as well) and excadrill(another spinner that doesnt care for psycho boost) are all huge roadblocks, but despite these minor inconviences they're still as superb as always against teams that dont rely on those pokemon as well as HDB's and really gets the job done like no other pokemon could, psycho boost is being used as the last filler move on this set so you can threaten tusk and glimmora but other options like knock off, ice beam, or even twave can be explored too since deo-s is extremely versatile in general.
1702928742038.png
: Veil is still quite nice still despite sun and(to some extent) sand rising in usage, it also disrupts opposing weather to some extent if tales gets off of a switch into tar/hippowdon and torkoal cause then at that point you're at a huge advantage since you can setup Veil without having to worry about them switching in, also its stabs are quite nice since they threaten a lot of pokemon that arent steel types and has a good speed tier to boot as well.

Then from there i decided to build around with the 2:
1702928764927.png
(<3): I love this pokemon so much yall you have no idea and when i heard that she was coming back in dlc2 i had to jump on and decided to cook with such a pokemon(just like i have ever since adv ubers) on this team, this team im running dual dance tera fairy latias with draining kiss(something that Latios doesnt have) with almost max bulk and 24 speed ev's(this is to maximize latias's amazing bulk while also letting her outspeed everything from every booster mons to scarf darkrai at +2), generally this set is extremely dangerous if you give her one free turn of setup behind veil because from there its just off to the races, this mon can completely take over entire games if played correctly and overall is a crazy pokemon in general with such a set when given the opportunity to setup.

1702928791111.png
: (also for a brief second can we just appreciate how well deo-s pairs with this mon, absolutely beautiful, anyways back to ghold) for ghold i decided to use the np 2 attack w recover + air balloon set so ghold can pivot into ground type attacks more easily(from pokemon like exca which it can block its spin just fine if you keep its balloon in tact) while also possing a massive threat to sweep since its stabs are amazing and are quite powerful too at +2.
1702928931560.png
: this mon is still quite powerful like last gen despite great tusk giving it a hard time, once again its stabs are still really good, it drops a lot of mons at +2 and generally dishes out a lot of damage also being able to resist both of kingambits stabs while also being a fighting type that has a secondary to fire gholdengo is quite massive too and gives some defensive utility as a whole, this set(apart from sd protect and the obligatory stabs, however you could run flying coverage in the last slot over protect as well since its an option) is running protective pads over life orb literally souly for zapdos due to static so you dont get your sweep crippled by one of the most popular mons in the metagame and its also running tera flying so you can dodge earthquakes and also resist great tusk's stabs at the same time to boot.
1702928982568.png
: (originally i had volcarona over boulder but then i realized that i already had blaziken so i just decided to throw in boulder instead) overall just an amazing new pokemon in general despite its awkward typing since its stabs are actually quite great that honestly it reminds me a lot about terrakion(whos another mon i love in general a lot) and that its also extremely powerful just like bw1 terrakion, it also is the fastest paradox mon in the tier and it really does drop a lot of mons at +2 as well with great coverage to boot as well against pokemon that resist its stabs(ie: ghold and gambit, but other mons like excadrill can fit the bill too), nothing more i can say about this mon since its quite new all things considered but honestly after using it ive really started to love it overall and generally thinks its absurdly good on this team as a whole with some nice utility it can also bring alongside its power

Anyways thats all for now, i hope yall enjoyed reading this and have a nice day(and before i go: Heres a little latias 6-0 for yall that i got while climbing ladder c:)

Attachments

Last edited:
terrakion.png

Veil on Roids

Probably my first bazaar ive done ever despite me playing comp for so long so lets get to business shall we?

Teambuilding process
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team starts with deo-s + alolatales(and is the main reason why i came up with the team name):
View attachment 581428: Deo-S's lead sets did take a bit of a hit in ou this gen(compare to early Gen 4/5/6 OU when it was legal at least) since HDB's were added last gen and are also really common, further more new spin mechanics and pokemon like spdef torkoal(a popular pokemon that also has rapid spin as well) and excadrill(another spinner that doesnt care for psycho boost) are all huge roadblocks, but despite these minor inconviences they're still as superb as always against teams that dont rely on those pokemon as well as HDB's and really gets the job done like no other pokemon could, psycho boost is being used as the last filler move on this set so you can threaten tusk and glimmora but other options like knock off, ice beam, or even twave can be explored too since deo-s is extremely versatile in general.
View attachment 581430: Veil is still quite nice still despite sun and(to some extent) sand rising in usage, it also disrupts opposing weather to some extent if tales gets off of a switch into tar/hippowdon and torkoal cause then at that point you're at a huge advantage since you can setup Veil without having to worry about them switching in, also its stabs are quite nice since they threaten a lot of pokemon that arent steel types and has a good speed tier to boot as well.

Then from there i decided to build around with the 2:
View attachment 581433(<3): I love this pokemon so much yall you have no idea and when i heard that she was coming back in dlc2 i had to jump on and decided to cook with such a pokemon(just like i have ever since adv ubers) on this team, this team im running dual dance tera fairy latias with draining kiss(something that Latios doesnt have) with almost max bulk and 24 speed ev's(this is to maximize latias's amazing bulk while also letting her outspeed everything from every booster mons to scarf darkrai at +2), generally this set is extremely dangerous if you give her one free turn of setup behind veil because from there its just off to the races, this mon can completely take over entire games if played correctly and overall is a crazy pokemon in general with such a set when given the opportunity to setup.

View attachment 581435: (also for a brief second can we just appreciate how well deo-s pairs with this mon, absolutely beautiful, anyways back to ghold) for ghold i decided to use the np 2 attack w recover + air balloon set so ghold can pivot into ground type attacks more easily(from pokemon like exca which it can block its spin just fine if you keep its balloon in tact) while also possing a massive threat to sweep since its stabs are amazing and are quite powerful too at +2.
View attachment 581444: this mon is still quite powerful like last gen despite great tusk giving it a hard time, once again its stabs are still really good, it drops a lot of mons at +2 and generally dishes out a lot of damage also being able to resist both of kingambits stabs while also being a fighting type that has a secondary to fire gholdengo is quite massive too and gives some defensive utility as a whole, this set(apart from sd protect and the obligatory stabs, however you could run flying coverage in the last slot over protect as well since its an option) is running protective pads over life orb literally souly for zapdos due to static so you dont get your sweep crippled by one of the most popular mons in the metagame and its also running tera flying so you can dodge earthquakes and also resist great tusk's stabs at the same time to boot.
View attachment 581452:(originally i had volcarona over boulder but then i realized that i already had blaziken so i just decided to throw in boulder instead) overall just an amazing new pokemon in general despite its awkward typing since its stabs are actually quite great that honestly it reminds me a lot about terrakion(whos another mon i love in general a lot) and that its also extremely powerful just like bw1 terrakion, it also is the fastest paradox mon in the tier and it really does drop a lot of mons at +2 as well with great coverage to boot as well against pokemon that resist its stabs(ie: ghold and gambit, but other mons like excadrill can fit the bill too), nothing more i can say about this mon since its quite new all things considered but honestly after using it ive really started to love it overall and generally thinks its absurdly good on this team as a whole with some nice utility it can also bring alongside its power

Anyways thats all for now, i hope yall enjoyed reading this and have a nice day(and before i go: Heres a little latias 6-0 for yall that i got while climbing ladder c:)
this is so funny, I have the same 5 as you but I had terapagos

this is so funny, I have the same 5 as you but I had terapagos
yeee i saw, honestly i wasnt trying to copy your team i personally made my own before dlc2 dropped so my fault if our teams look identical but ig we had the same ideas lol

https://pokepast.es/ea8efc85f1045972
1703004663170.png
1703004686814.png
1703004706030.png
1703004729047.png
1703004741962.png
1703004757513.png

Really digging Deoxys-D and Clodsire as a hazards stack core. Open to suggestions on how to improve - not sure if Darkrai in the last spot is optimal and not sure if choice specs on Gholdengo is ideal.

I found myself struggling to KO Great Tusk after it gets a rapid spin boost so I threw Psychic onto Darkrai to get me out in a pinch. This helps if other resources like Booster Energy on Iron Valiant are used up. But again, not sure if Darkrai is optimal on this team. I tried out Gouging Fire, Volcarona and Flapple in the last spot but didn't really vibe with them.

I'd make Gholdengo a NP set but I don't get a lot of mileage out of those sets in this crazy meta. Specs Gholdengo with hazards is like a pseudo Walking Wake when it comes in on something that needs to switch - Shadow Ball and Make it Rain punch massive holes into teams.

Thank you!

REPLAYS: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2015177478 // https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2014890767

Last edited:

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Copy and pasted from the Teambuilding Competition

Haven't been playing that much dlc2 unfortunately but I did decently well with this, getting to #11 on the alt sendhelpisuck (no screenshot bc I forgot)
:iron-boulder::ogerpon-cornerstone::gholdengo::iron-valiant::samurott-hisui::volcarona:
(click sprites for paste)
The idea came from seeing how unprepped a lot of DLC1 teams were for Cornerstone Ogerpon if they weren't carrying a few specific mons. I also noticed that the set was pretty customizable in terms of what its checks are. For example, running Knock Off > Low Kick lets you break Gholdengo at the expense of Kingambit walling you, and vice versa. I figured that Iron Boulder had a similar dilemma with Close Combat and Earthquake. I decided to go CC on Boulder because Tera Fighting lets you live the Sucker Punch, but Tera Ground EQ and Low Kick on Ogerpon also works. Next, I wanted Psyshock Gholdengo because, especially with Spikes, it covers the fat matchup for these kinds of HOs that can really struggle to do so otherwise. It also benefits from the pressure that the two Rock types put on Gambit. Any time you can get Gambit out early is a win for HO. Valiant and Moth were a special offensive core that had been working really well for others at the point when I built this (pre terapagos ban) and they fit on the team. And the Valiant set is another way to lure Gambit for the Ogerpon sweep. Samurott is the hazard setter of choice because it has more reliable offensive utility in the HO mirror. Wish I had written this sooner so I could give more detailed thoughts but if nothing else here's a strong team that y'all can spam on ladder.

https://pokepast.es/5bf8978308ad021d

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Ditto @ Quick Claw
Ability: Imposter
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

Archaludon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot

Magnezone @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Fighting
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Body Press
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen

This is fun team offensive team that I came up with and have had some success with in the lower ladder.
The main surprises are Sturdy + Custap berry Magnezone and Archaludon. Either can be used to lead or they can save you out of tough situations with opponent sweepers. Custap berry allows them to deal at least two heavy hits before dying.
Cinderace is mainly there for court change.
Kingambit, ditto and dragapult are just OP.
Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

:cobalion: :slowking-galar: :kyurem: :enamorus: :rillaboom: :great tusk:
https://pokepast.es/55b30aa866135c6b

So this team was actually originally built around ironpress :cobalion: which piqued my interest with its newfound ability to leverage its massive defense. After a few games though I realized it's much better in ou as a team player than as a dedicated sweeper, thus it's now also tasked to support its team with rocks+volt switch pivoting, with iron defense being used as a means of keeping pace with the physical setup sweepers the mon is meant to check; be sure to switch directly into those and start setting up asap to be able to outboost+beat them first before getting overwhelmed. It can also beat every hazard remover except for :torkoal:/:talonflame: 1v1, which is quite nice. :slowking-galar: is the main cornerstone of the team; it's the dedicated check to virtually all special attackers in the tier (yawn is needed for the ones trying to set-up on you while being undeterred by your attacks), defensive-offensive response to fairy types, check to both rain and sun with tera water, and most vitally, a slow pivot with chilly reception, setting up the PERFECT conditions for :kyurem: to take over a game after it comes in on the ground types that may want to come in on :slowking-galar:. :Kyurem: is the star of the show; with a chilly reception from :slowking-galar: it not only has a safe entry vs its intended targets and a neat additional defense boost in snow, it most importantly gets to spam BLIZZARD with absolutely no drawbacks; with a boost from specs and even tera ice if keep be, this move can easily lay waste to entire teams if their prediction game isn't on point...or simply if their "ice resists" are either bulky waters or mid-bulk mons that don't actually take a specs blizzard well at all (:clefable:, :slowking-galar:). Freeze dry nails bulky waters trying to take the move, while also being an accurate option outside of snow. Earth power nails :heatran:/:empoleon:/:torkoal: switchins while having near perfect coverage with your ice stab moves; with that in mind, sleep talk is chosen as the last move to screw over the occasional :amoonguss: (you can also run focus blast instead to snipe :weavile:/:blissey:/opposing :kyurem: if you're ok with its accuracy). With this core being weak to (most) dragons, fighting and ground types, and also not being all that fast, scarf :enamorus: is the perfect mon to compress the role of speed control, check to all the dragon/ground/fighting types, hwish support if your breakers get worn down too fast, and even a possible win condition with tera stellar blast (DO NOT spam this move mindlessly if you can't get a sweep going; finishing the enemy off with the other moves (when applicable) is much more important). I was still not feeling too secure vs ground types/moves, especially with the main defensive core being weak to them; I also needed a bit more immediate breaking power on the physical side while having an additional out vs offense if scarf :enamorus: proves insufficient. Enter banded :rillaboom:m which perfectly checks all of these boxes, with its grassy terrain healing letting :cobalion: :slowking-galar: heal off a lot of missing damage faster. It also provides knock and u turn utility which helps vs boots mons/bringing in :kyurem: safely vs the birds it's likely to attract. Lastly, hazards destroy this team, and it could use a bit of reinforcement on the physical side since :cobalion:'s weak to ground and fighting and needs space to set up to take those moves well. :Great tusk: fits the bill perfectly, carrying boots so that it can clear hazards safely so that the rest of its team doesn't have to wear them as well. Its ground stab also helps vs various poison, steel and fire mons that your choiced earth power mons might have trouble sniping on the switch, while providing further knock support. Tera fire not only sheds several of its weaknesses (while also letting you resist fire, because yes this team doesn't actually have a non tera fire resists LOL) it also powers up temper flare, which lets you snipe the metal birds coming on your ground stab (you'll need to tera to actually kill them with it though). Make sure to play as proactively/aggressively as possible when playing the team, as getting put in the backfoot/losing an important mon too early can be a huge setback and make it really hard to make a comeback.

(sorry if this was too long this is my first time doing this...)

https://pokepast.es/4ade8e0acce216c0
dg5ho64-2ea1de41-e33c-4dc8-8305-4f49d305e814.png
0594.png
0887.png
0036.png
0472.png
0984.png

This team is based off Tera Fire Iron Crown and fat mons setting hazards. Spikes Gliscor with U-turn and AV Alomomola with Flip turn to bring in Dragapult and Iron Crown. Rocks on Clefairy is so good and its guaranteed you get your rocks off with its bulk and it gets knock off to remove boots. Iron Crown is more of a late game cleaner, tera fire prevents it from being walled by other steels. You can change it to psychic noise to prevent recovery, I just wanted power but with cm its a nice little threat.

I had another version of this team with more offense but Savouras dropped a video building around Iron Crown and I took inspiration from it and switched somethings around and got this.

IMG_2297.png
IMG_2286.png
IMG_2298.png
IMG_2293.png
IMG_2290.png
IMG_2283.png

https://pokepast.es/a9b36efa2b1c17a4
originally wanted to build a team around cobalion which is doing shockingly well in the current ou landscape so i decided on this deoxys screens team, alot of the pokemon can set up in some way and enamorus is a strong revenge killer,

roaring moon is probably the most consistent since if played right it can always do something important even if it doesn’t outright sweep,

cobalion can be very useful lategame and provide defensive utility early game as an alternate lead since it checks physical attackers, set up rocks and provide safe switchs,

kingambit often secures the win lategame and is a staple on offensive teams with unique defensive utility while offering a form of priority,

hatterenes pretty bulky and can snowball with calm mind, with magic bounce it can stop hazards too and deoxys outspeeds most boosted pokemon and people may not expect screens,

i originally chose kyurem instead of enamorus but the team was too weak to fairy so it had to go

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0f719cf74c291992
Peaked in the 1700s with this squad. Running a standard Offensive team and I will give a short breakdown.

1. Chose Raging Bolt to build around, its a very threatening breaker this tier has to respect, and with priority thunderclap, I thought it would be awesome to begin my core with it. The speed EVs are meant to outpace Gliscor so you can run HP investment. I chose tera grass because it is one of my few resistant to rillaboom and helps my mu against rain further

2. I Threw in Cinderace to manage my hazard control, this gives me the freedom not to run hazards on anything and not need rapid spin. Also provides momentum and in general keeps up some good offensive speed control. High Jump Kick was subbed over sucker punch because it shoots Kyurem and does massive damage to tinglu/heatran and Archaludon.

3. To balance this out, this team was struggling with ground types and needed an overall strong breaker, so I threw in choice specs ash Greninja. Ice beam is needed for the large amount of dragons being spammed and water shuriken is great for keeping dangerous stuff like iron boulder in check.

4. Wanted to keep up the offensive momentum with a strong late game cleaner, this late game cleaner can be either kingambit or great tusk. However, I have found Great Tusk to be very helpful thanks to its already large bulk allowing me to pivot into kingambits incase they get out of hand. The bulk-up set fits perfectly in this meta thanks to the ice spinner as well. Great tusk also appreciates raging bolt and greninja removing all of its physical counters/checks such as Skarmory, dozo and other bulky walls

5. Needed a ground immunity with taunt to stop set up pokemon like cosmic power clefable from getting out of hand, ended up going with Landorus here over Tornadus just because Landorus is a general defensive back bone this team.

6. Wanted to further keep up the fast offensive potential of this team so I decided I wanted to use Iron Boulder. This set is different from the standard, however, because it uses sub. Sub has saved me multiple times from the likes of passive play and making it harder to dance around if the opponent decides to swap. Tera ground is crucial to not only sub on an incoming raging clap/ thunderbolt from raging bolt but to boost my ground stab to terrifying levels, to make up the lack of close combat for killing off gambit.

The general weakness I have found from this team is the lack of special attack swap-ins it has, specs dragapult usually claims something but at least this gives you the chance to set up on it with something different. If you don't like that, however, I suggest using gambit over great tusk which was my original idea but I have yet to test how good it would be. (Probably a very good squeeze tbh)

Another weakness is the number of mistakes I made lol, I wanted to try and climb up to at least the top 500 with this team but I kept backfiring against teams I easily coulda won on,. So hopefully whoever picks this up has a better chance than I did!

The pictures below show games I have won because of the HP investment into Raging Bolt (btw the guy who used Draco on me was facing an earlier prototype of the team, the person was around 1880+ elo tho)

Screenshot_588.png
Screenshot_589.png

Attachments

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/39269ae3720c754f
Aurora Veil HO

Ok gonna make this shorter than my other team.

1. Wanted to use Kyurem. Kyurem Broken. Decided I like the dragon dance set, but with freeze-dry over stone edge to 2 shot phys def dozo. Tera poison allows me to set up on poison types/fairies and avoid dealing with poison. However, you can keep Tera fairy of you like it more.

2. Decided this format was gonna lean on Aurora Veil hyper offense, specifically chip down Aurora Veil hyper offense. So I know I wanted Aloha ninetails. I like hypnosis over moonblast to mess up potential switch-ins that wanna ruin my veil attempts.

3. To help this chip down hyper offense, I wanted to use TAUNT roaring moon. Not only does knockoff greatly help, but this combined with kyurem will generally overwhelm unaware Pokemon and Skarm alike. Also boots my mu against gholds and lead deo-s.

4. Veil Hyper Offense Loves hazard remover so I just decided ima just to use booster energy tusk so that way its still a threat after removing hazards off the field, this also aids with my match-up against Gambit.

5. Wanted a very strong special breaker that still keeps up the momentum. Decided this would be a raging bolt with EVS to outpace Gliscor. With its overwhelming dracos, the fat duo of dozo+skarm+galar king is greatly overwhelmed and this aids at killing Pokemon who want to stop my physical attackers from sweeping.

6. Just wanted overall good speed control, with the rest of the threats stopping Iron Boulder from sweeping dead, Sub tera ground will melt the endgame with power stab earthquakes thanks to tera ground, and will punish passive play as well as being good at scouting with sub.

Image below showcases how funny freeze dry is on kyurem by melting this poor guys quagsire on his stall

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2022210162 Replay of taunt moon putting in work
Screenshot_587.png

https://pokepast.es/5b2ef04ff9dddbd7
Weavile semi stall
Gonna keep this super short.

1. Wanted to build around SD Weavile as I think it is amazing rn, also a good boots user. Tera ice boosts triple axel to disgusting levels and has allowed me to snipe large knockouts. Low kick aids at killing Gambit and other steels that eat knock and triple axel.

2. Decided I wanted to build weavile around a very fat backline to keep it safe and healthy to come back in and continue to be a threat. To start this off, I used my favorite unware mon which is dozo. Helps thwart off dangerous physical attackers which is very helpful. The tera was dragon cause on occasion I ran into a water ogre and it melted my team. Tera Dragon is still a great defensive tera regardless.

3. Needed an sp. def wall, and chose amnesia clodsire because I needed a way to make my kyurem mu not look likee complete shit. I even chose tera steel because it forces Kyurem to use its weakest move coverage against me.

4. Needed some Pokemon to absorb knockoff, as you can see I am not running hazard removal on this team so everyone must keep their boots. One of the knock absorbers I chose was Wish Pass Clefable. This will keep Weavile healthy and its fairy typing is very useful for dancing around the powerful dragon types running amuck.

5. This team is super weak to Meowscarda, decided I need a skarmory here. It's also a knock absorber which helps and does a good job at beating gambit while also setting spikes. Also provided ground immunity which is greatly needed.

6. Needed a Pokemon to eat up fairy moves and also keep up the momentum, decided this would be slowing Galar because it is another special defense backline Pokemon that complements my other 2 physical defense Pokemon. Additionally, because it is using slow pivot, this will help Weavile come into battle a lot more.

1704061999368.png1704062025523.png1704062197857.png1704062222748.png1704062245740.png1704062263617.png

(click on sprites for paste)

This is a sun balance based around two unwallable breakers - Modest Walking Wake and Swords Dance Ceruledge. Walking Wake is the center piece of the team, and the idea is to get Walking Wake on the field with sun up to click buttons. Ceruledge was chosen as the secondary breaker because it has access to priority (IMO a must on every non-stall team) and is very good with Flash Fire into mons like Volcarona and Iron Moth. The calcs below showcase the wallbreaking prowess of this pair:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Sun: 316-374 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex in Sun: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking in Sun: 184-217 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Primarina in Sun: 160-189 (43.9 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar in Sun: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire in Sun: 245-289 (52.9 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable in Sun: 444-523 (112.6 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon in Rain: 186-219 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 447-530 (120.4 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk in Sun: 282-333 (64.9 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk: 517-611 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 250-294 (49.6 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 374-439 (74.2 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 629-741 (117.7 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 302-356 (99.3 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 201-238 (66.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor in Sun: 378-446 (107.3 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable in Sun: 269-317 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Unaware Clodsire in Sun: 458-539 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk: 346-408 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensively, we have standard Torkoal with Weather Ball for more damage output, Special Defensive Corviknight as a switch into Draco Meteor, ground moves, and Enamorous, and +Def Proto speedy Tera Water Great Tusk to handle physical Dragons and Gouging Fire. Bulk Up is used on Great Tusk to further solidify defense against these pokemon, and to threaten reverse sweeps if you can get a Rapid Spin off. Roaring Moon offers speed control, pivoting, Knock off support, and is a third Kingambit check. Enjoy!

Last edited:
1704597815372.png

https://pokepast.es/3d22cfaebed98b90

very well...it is very likely that some of you have already seen this team and that user, who is my friend aka someone (no idea, make up anything about maybe it's me or something like that..lol) , that I had the opportunity to test her quite peculiar team (here are some descriptions of the pokemon of the team)

1. Iron Crown : according to my words aka her, the reason why I chose to use this metal goat is, apart from advantage against several important threats like iron valiant not boosted or even with boost, hatterene, clefable, deoxys speed no investment in defenses, kyurem.... but the reason is choice scarf + Tachyon Cutter, that destroys pokemon like glimmora, Ribombee, enamorus scarf and weavile, all pokemon that have no chance to escape from the mu, the first for not bringing toxic spikes, the other not being able to put the weebs, and the others for having low defenses will fall, besides that. .volt swicht is good to pivot and destroy pelipper in rain teams and Future Sight to condition teams forced to have something resistant or immune..choice scarf timid or modest will be depending on the needs, although in my case I recommend modest to be modified.
(Its clear weaknesses are ghost, earth, sinister and fire, and they are all common, so be careful when using it..)

plus focus blast to do huge damage to excadrill, kingambit and roaring moon above all.... (also keeps skarmory with volt swicht-tera hada in case you face knock off roaring moon, kingambit or darkrai)
what would follow would be the rest of the equipment that would be more summarized and complementary to crowned

2. GREAT TUSK : The only rapid spin apart from torkoal that keeps dangers out, and a pokemon that is more for defending on both fronts... it was given max defense special because it can counterattack those pokemon that seem to destroy it like an unexpected surf of slowking or even sometimes Raging Volt's meteor draco to have better control and remove dangers, ice spinner is used to destroy the rilla field of having pokemon like Hawlucha, control kingambit if it does not have unfavorable tera although it will depend on your prediction with ice spinner (ahem..tera flying..), Stealth Rock as almost mandatory in it, and Headlong Rush over earthquake, due to its power and not being affected by grassy terain, it is capable of surviving physical attacks well Even without having invested in physical defense, Tera Steel can come in handy against Hurricane Zapdos or Tera Flying Roaring Moon, which otherwise would destroy them....

3. Samurott-Hisui : My favorite pokemon in everything, she decided to choose it for hitting and spikes, not being affected by magic bounce, choice band does damage that pokemon with high attack would do, investing everything in HP and defenses because it is also able to withstand hits decently , and being the one that hits the best immediately on the team, aqua cutter for the critical, sacred sword in case there is a skarmory iron defense, as well as sucker punch that hits pokemon like great tusk or enamorus therian hard with low health, finishing them off Immediately, the tera becomes something that gets out of hand... it is good to give her tera ghost or poison depending on your needs, but she chose water because it enhances her water mu and removes the bug's weaknesses, fights and fairy

4. Gholdengo : the complementary pokemon of steel duo, but unlike other fast gholdengo with Air Balloon, this one is maximum in physical defense, being able to have a good confrontation against a great tusk until the rival team destroys its rapid spinner, Good as Gold immunizes opposing defog corvi cryies, Thunder Wave to slow down opposing pokemon and have decisive mashups against skarmory and zamacenta that will not be able to touch it other than with crunch and little else, hex to punish status changes and even do strong damage to skarmory even without status changes, and Make It Rain is obio, tera flying to beat excadrill, Gliscor and scarf kyurem or enamorus with earth power, be careful with using it in front of raging bolt

5. Enamorus avatar : Its role is quite simple compared to the rest and the next.. hit very hard with scarf.. revenge killer to almost any sinister dragon and fight that do not have greater speed or in the case of iron valiant of not having booster energy, earth power for steels and heatran above all, tera blast + stellar become a super big snow fly that if you don't have things like Slowking-Galar bulki or clodsire (you miss it) you are in trouble, lastly...Healing Wish necessary in case a pokemon like tusk or samu were with low health, counterattack those pokemon that couldn't or in the case of tusk, remove the traps once again, and avoid thunder clap and sucker punch suddenly

6. Roaring Moon : the most dangerous mon on the team, the one that does 2 boosts if there is no dondozo or bulkis non slowking pokemon will take the opposing team, acrobatics to beat volcarona, rilla and great tusk with tera, knock off to do damage and remove objects above all the rival Heavy-Duty Boots, earthquake was only placed to provide coverage and to leave raging against the ropes without having tera and without boost, 2 dd are enough to surpass iron boulder booster energy, tera flying to have a power of overwhelming acrobatics and giving resistance to the fight or bug that otherwise would receive brutal damage, but in compensation for being fast and hitting quickly unless you have an extreme speed dragonite even with multi or sucker punch gambit of course

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I have returned to the SV OU Bazaar with a revolutionary new metagame development - Dragon-Types Are Very Good.

After the incredible meta-defining success of my patented Alolem - Leaves Offense during the Teal Mask DLC, I have decided to reveal an all-new build featuring the Strongest Balance Core Ever Seen, laddering into the 1800s with a (not) very sturdy structure that in reality plays a lot more offensively than most similar teams. As always, my heart is full of generosity and so again this is a gift from me to the people, on the condition that anyone who dares to use this build enjoys their time with it. Introducing...

Triple Dragon Deo-S Balance

:sv/Dragapult: :sv/Hydrapple: :sv/Roaring_Moon: :sv/Deoxys_Speed: :sv/Skarmory: :sv/Slowking_Galar:

:Heavy-Duty_Boots::Dragapult::
This is one of the more standard elements of the team - Boots Draga is really solid speed control, helping out against Meowscarada and DD Dragonite with Will-O-Wisp to spread status and take advantage of free turns given to it by Skarmory. Tera Ghost Hex is the best option here to cleanly 2HKO all but max SpDef Gliscor after Stealth Rock even with Protect, and this range of options makes Dragapult a solid lead into certain (though not all) matchups while also being a great mon to have on the field when a sweeper comes in as you can usually threaten them with one of three moves or U-turn out into something that handles it better. Really good pick and a solid glue mon to build around when you're trying to make a general balance team imo.

:Heavy-Duty_Boots::Hydrapple::
Here we get to the first strange pick of the balance team, as Hydrapple is not exactly a common sight in the tier with a defensive profile that leaves much to be desired. However, full PhysDef investment with a little speed for Ting-Lu makes this a really solid regenerator pivot that fits well on the team and provides a great check to most physical attackers while also being very hard to revenge kill; for context, you live Protosynthesis Attack-boosted Ice Spinner from Great Tusk and 5 fallen Kingambit's Iron Head does not even OHKO you if you Tera Fairy. I was initially trying out a 3A Recover set but Nasty Plot stops it from feeling like as much of a momentum sink along with giving you an offensive win-con and giving Hydrapple much better matchups into mons that would otherwise sit on it like Skarmory. This is a great backup physical check that beats Gouging Fire (living even a +1 Protosynthesis Attack Dragon Claw and a +2 Proto Attack Flare Blitz from non-Dragon move Gouging or if you Tera) and easily handles Boulder to take pressure off your Skarm, really solid niche mon that I stand by rating pretty highly in early DLC2.

:Heavy-Duty_Boots::Roaring_Moon::
Knock Off / EQ / Roost / U-turn what is bro doing ? Fast Knock Off user with a niche that I haven't found many mons able to fill - this can come in on Heatran's Magma Storm, Roost off damage and threaten it out with Earthquake while also threatening a Knock or U-turn on switches. Tera Dark is also good to OHKO even bulky Ghold after rocks with Knock Off, but I've been using Tera Ground to 2HKO Archaludon while also giving you a roll to oneshot Raging Bolt with EQ. The spread is pretty standard, with enough speed to outrun Iron Valiant after they exhaust booster although you could likely drop the speed invest to 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe Jolly if you only care to outrun Serperior, or even move some of the attack EVs elsewhere for better bulk - this is a really offensive take on balance however and so the power is appreciated especially on a HDB set for a team with no hazard removal.

:Heavy-Duty_Boots::Deoxys_Speed::
Boots Rocks Deo-S is really horrible but it's actually been putting in a lot of work for me, I think the most important thing for these structures to have is a Knock Off user that threatens Gliscor and I felt like Meow / Weavile filled a role that Roaring Moon and Dragapult already mostly covered so I figured I'd try out a HDB 3 attack Deoxys with Stealth Rock since this team also lacked a rocker. This mon forces a lot of switches that give it opportunities to set up rocks, and crucially it forces in special walls with the threat of a strong Psycho Boost so can easily Knock Off targets like Slowking-G, Ting-Lu and even Blissey if your opponent is terrible and doesn't really know how to play. Ice Beam is necessary to threaten Scor and Psycho Boost is just a good nuke button that is still pretty strong even with no boosting item. Lead Deo-S is solid even with this boots set as you force out lead Scor to get free rocks / knock and scare out a lot of lead speed control while also being able to take Light Clay off Ninetales-A to make screens more manageable. Really fun way of compressing several roles on a team and I love Deo-S being a part of OU for that reason, runs enough speed for Scarf Kyurem which otherwise just kills everybody aside from the Gking and Tera Ghost lets you be Espeed immune and handle Dnite if they get a DD up on something.

:Rocky_Helmet::Skarmory::
Balance is literal garbage without Skarmory since with no Skarm you get 6-0d by Knock Off + Axel while you also want Spikes so there's no reason to run Skarm-less balance unless you're feeling even wackier than this. Iron Press gives you a great Kingambit answer while blanket checking most physical threats, this mon gets like 50 opportunities to set up hazards per game to the point that you don't really have to risk trying to spinblock with Pult unless it's absolutely necessary to keep something dead. You never really want to Tera your Skarm since the whole point of it is to take 12.5% max from hazards and absorb knocks, but Dragon is solid to flip both of your weaknesses in a lategame situation while Fighting is a pretty nice option that helps against Kingambit if you've been weakened too much earlier in the game.

:Heavy-Duty_Boots::Slowking_Galar::
Slowking-G is just necessary on these types of builds to give you a special switch-in, with Toxic to stop you from being 6-0d by Tera'd Bolt / Volc (unless they're sub which just means you have to play a guessing game with their coverage, fun! I love Volcarona! really competitive and skilled and not cheap at all mon!). Tera Water helps a ton into both Sun and Rain to give this team a pretty solid weather matchup in general, and FSight support can help this team to break through Toxapex and Gliscor. Just generally a good balance mon that also appreciates its switch-ins like Ting-Lu and opposing Gking being weakened by Pult / Deo-S / hazards, has enough of an offensive angle to function well on a build like this.

About the team:
This is actually a pretty fake defensive core since you get completely goobed by Kyurem and Walking Wake under sun while if Archaludon comes in with the rain up on Gking / Skarm it will literally turn into LeBron and kill like 3 mons, but there's counterplay to pretty much everything you can run into on ladder aside from like Tera Steel Bug Buzz Volc I guess (which I have ran into because if there is ever a niche Volc set that will beat your team you are guaranteed to run into it at least once). Look out for stall as you need to get up max hazards, get knocks with your Deo-S and use Pult's ability to threaten everything with Tera Ghost and wisp shit like Clod / Pex to break through - it's doable but it's not an easy matchup if they're a good player. I'd always recommend a more solid balance over this if you want to seriously ladder, here's a fun one that I've had some success with that actually packs reliable defensive switch-ins / a Ground-type / an Unaware mon (all qualities which any real balance team should probably have imo), but this has been very fun to use and I've been really surprised to see it working to the extent that it has.This is a fever dream of a team that has no reason to actually function in any capacity but it works and it's the biggest deviation from standard hazard stack balance that I've been able to come up with that has actually broken positive in points on ladder, so enjoy if you dare to give this a try!

https://pokepast.es/291bde9fa5d91d52
Pechurant Bulky offense!

Somehow got to 1810 with this trash team due to haxing the opponent, but I'm not complaining. I've been gassing this team up on discord , mainly in hopes of getting some advice to make it better, but i want to push it further.

Pechurant is an interesting bulky pivot spinblocker that I immediately thought would pair well with Lando-T and Samurott. It can protect both their hazards and makes them better hit takers against mons they wanna be checking that pechurant lures in like Gambit. Ppl say it's Stateline is bad but honestly I think it's fine. It's not too dissimilar to garg, and it even gas a DoT move in malignant chain. I ran boots at first, but swapped to helmet to pressure enemy spinners, u-turn, etc. Enemy defoggers sometimes are an asset to this team since my veil against hazards is quite thin. Scarf Samurottis hilarious, gets tons of free koes vs Dragapult and Cind since ppl don't see it coming. Special Lando-T is a set I stole from finch for Archie though it still loses in most cases cause arch techs speed.

Hatterene was a natural 4th partner, exploiting the common Ting-Lu that ppl wanna switch into our favorite peach. Parting shot helps ease damage from threats that might like to come in like Gliscor and Lu.

Last two slots prob could use some improvement but I went with Gambit and Hoopa. I was running CB hoopa before, but chose to run AV instead for Kyurem. Focus blast is purely to troll arch since I got owned by that guy once and grass knot is to f curse dozo. Hoopa is a pretty good special tank with AV and a nice short term answer to kyurem, bolt, arch, etc. I was running CB hoopa earlier, which is nice vs stall, but I need the bulk. Gambit is still him, the best mon in the tier, and can do what he always does by somehow destroying the opp when supported by Sam and hoopa. Balloon is used for Kyuren and Gliscor.

Kyurem, Volcarona, Gliscor, and ogerpon all DESTROY this team. I mostly got to the low 1800s due to luck + opp sometimes making bad plays + underestimating Pecha. Corv and Gking are also mad annoying. Any help to make this team better would be appreciated.

Proof
Screenshot_20240122_072518_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
:Torkoal::Meowscarada::Walking_Wake::Gouging_Fire::Raging_Bolt::Great_Tusk:

Turn-Volt-Turn Sun Triple Dinosaur ft Meowscarada

:Torkoal: Drought, hazard control, EVs to withstand 4 EV atk +1 Headlong Rush and enter the field again even with Stealth Rock.
:Meowscarada: Why STAB if everything is STAB in a Choice Protean? U-Turn for momentum, TA for RMoon, Low Kick for Kingambit and 1HKO in 13/16 rolls of Kyurem, Play Rough is 1HKO in 15/16 rolls of Iron Valiant.
:Walking_Wake: and :Gouging_Fire: click buttons in sun.
:Raging_Bolt: can have Solar Beam to hit Ting-Lu or Volt Switch for momentum.
:Great_Tusk: for second spinner and wincon setup.

Ursaluna Balance - peaked ~1800
https://pokepast.es/23ded0aea1407a6d
This team is a relatively standard Pult + Spikes balance team but with non-Flame Orb Ursaluna as an anti-meta pick.
Standard sets:
:great-tusk: BU 3atks
:alomomola: standard mixeddef
:skarmory: 219 speed for jolly gambit, adamant rilla & defensive tusk
:skeledirge: standard spdef hex
:dragapult: modest specs tera-ghost

:ursaluna:
1709312024121.png

No Flame Orb, no Attack investment, just a little speed for Daunt and the 56 Gambits, and then a lot of spdef. This thing is very counterintuitive to how Ursaluna is usually played, but I genuinely believe it is the best mon for the job I need on this team. This set has favourable matchups against:
:kingambit: :raging-bolt: :gliscor: :dragapult: :slowking-galar: :glimmora: :gholdengo: :volcarona: :clodsire:
as well as most stalls.

Ursaluna plays kinda like a Tera Ground Garganacl, since it's a status absorber & ghost resist that basically guarantees progress, with similar bulk, the main downside being reliance on resttalk (which gives you a Guts boost, btw!) and a worse matchup into Corv/Skarm. Ursaluna however does not consume your Tera, has higher damage output, can become a Water type to flip the Wake/Prima/Kyurem matchups, spreads para, and can stay in on Bolt to win the 1v1. My team specifically appreciates Ursaluna forcing switches and paras on Skarm/Corv, which Skeledirge and Dragapult can take advantage of. It also really helps in the stall matchup, allows to Tusk to save his health vs Bolt by being a specially bulky Ground type, helps balance play against Pult and Ghold who i usually find really annoying.

Have fun :)

Attachments

THE LOWER TIER FUN SQUAD - PEAK 1642

Hey Guys. I am back again in the new DLC. I have been a Sceptile enthusiast since eternity and I still use it in OU despite it being not being anywhere near the requested standards. I also use a team which has 5 other suboptimals mons but they are my other 2 favourite starters - Feraligatr and Infernape and my favourite pseudo legendary Salamence + Indeedee -M and Iron Treads

Sceptile is there as its my favourte pokemon. SD unburden acro tera flying to get maximum output. I gave it psychic seed + with indeedee -M to use unburden acrobatics to its fully potential. The ev spread is to outspeed adamant Hawlucha after unburden boost and since Lucha is bore off mon, its fun revenging Lucha for the same. Sceptile also comes with Earthquake to hit spdef Skeldrige as hard as possible and Leaf Blade has a chance to crit and would even force Dozo to rest.

Feraligatr is my favourtire water starter. Sheer Force is obvious and adamant is the nature here as I am not using DD and just running 4 attacks. Tera Water for those strong Liquidations to ohko skeldrige and 2hko unaware bold pdef clef. Ice Punch for Dragons and Roaring Moon. Crunch for neutral coverage and psychics and Aqua Jet for priority to hit Cinderace hard.

Infernape is the special attacker with life orb nasty plot and tera fire for a strong fire blast. Aura Spehre as I dont want to miss focus blast and vaccum wave for Kingambit thinking they can sucker but get slapped in the face. Tera fire has nuked gking at +2 quite often. Its also lured gliscor. Infernape is also my fav fire starter

Salamence is my favourite psuedo legendary pokemon. I feel its underrated and should be explored more. Dragon Dance + Dual Wingbeat + Earthquake + Tera Blast (Electric) makes for nice options. Tera Blast electric is for Corv, Skarm and the opportunity to get moxie and hit water types and even sponging thunder waves. Dual wingbeat makes for flying stab and although the multi hit nature is bad and the miss chance but when it hits, it hits crucial targets like Great Tusk super effectively. Earthquake is for steels and pretty spammable. Salamence has a solid speed tier imo and decent coverage with Jolly and pretty useful for me in the late game. Dual wingbeat breaks sashes of webbers. I have gone for Jolly because Salamence has a good speed tier though adamant is really tempting sometimes. Moxie helps it snowball and clean up in late game situations better or even mid game once walls get chipped. Tera Electric gives it chances to set up on Zapdos.

Indeedee-M is there for psychic terrain. Expanding force with tera psychic hits pretty hard, dazzling gleam is for Roaring Moon, Hyper voice for stab and trick is for Fat and scarf helps it here.

Iron Treads is the utility mon with decent athttps://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2063304039tack, spinning and checking Dragonite somewhat in a pinch. Iron head is for flinch + stab and assault vest is for it to take special hits better. The speed is it outpace Garchomp and the rest in HP and jolly is the nature for it. Ice spinner is for Garchomp , Gliscor and Dragonite and rapid spin is to remove hazards if possible and boost speed.

Team Here - https://pokepast.es/5517dda74c70ae49

Replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074974487?p2 Proof of peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074186696?p2 - Salamence sweep (slightly lucky with gunk shot miss but not sure it 100% mattered)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074184240 - Sceptile coming in clutch and useful for beating webs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074182341?p2 - Sceptile sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074175730 Sceptile winning
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074166000 - Salamence wins
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074178757?p2 - Treads and Tera Gatr breaks Skarm
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074169467?p2 - Salamence wingbeats through psychic terrain and sashes
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2074160780 - Sceptile sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2073333073?p2 - Mence goes ballistic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2073330583?p2 - Sceptile late game earthquake
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2073328658 - Moxie wins
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2068171044?p2 - Won against annoying crap
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2017688511?p2 - Sceptile sweeps again
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2064457636 stopped latias in its tracks
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2063304039 - Indeede sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2061254354 - Salamence takes down rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2024408031?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2024072174 - Infernape sweep

I know this team is essentially a meme for many but its fun to use. I had some struggles against stall too but nevertheless I enjoyed my time with this team and have made progress with the same.

View attachment 585800View attachment 585801View attachment 585805View attachment 585806View attachment 585807View attachment 585808

(click on sprites for paste)

This is a sun balance based around two unwallable breakers - Modest Walking Wake and Swords Dance Ceruledge. Walking Wake is the center piece of the team, and the idea is to get Walking Wake on the field with sun up to click buttons. Ceruledge was chosen as the secondary breaker because it has access to priority (IMO a must on every non-stall team) and is very good with Flash Fire into mons like Volcarona and Iron Moth. The calcs below showcase the wallbreaking prowess of this pair:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Sun: 316-374 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex in Sun: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking in Sun: 184-217 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Primarina in Sun: 160-189 (43.9 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar in Sun: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire in Sun: 245-289 (52.9 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable in Sun: 444-523 (112.6 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon in Rain: 186-219 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 447-530 (120.4 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk in Sun: 282-333 (64.9 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk: 517-611 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 250-294 (49.6 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 374-439 (74.2 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 629-741 (117.7 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Grass Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 302-356 (99.3 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 201-238 (66.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor in Sun: 378-446 (107.3 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable in Sun: 269-317 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Bitter Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Unaware Clodsire in Sun: 458-539 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Ceruledge Solar Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Protosynthesis Great Tusk: 346-408 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensively, we have standard Torkoal with Weather Ball for more damage output, Special Defensive Corviknight as a switch into Draco Meteor, ground moves, and Enamorous, and +Def Proto speedy Tera Water Great Tusk to handle physical Dragons and Gouging Fire. Bulk Up is used on Great Tusk to further solidify defense against these pokemon, and to threaten reverse sweeps if you can get a Rapid Spin off. Roaring Moon offers speed control, pivoting, Knock off support, and is a third Kingambit check. Enjoy!
1710466886909.png

I updated this Ceruledge Sun team for the current metagame, with a few helpful changes. All the mons are the same. I don't play as much these days because of the state of the meta. This is the only squad I've enjoyed using. Quick rundown:

Torkoal - switched to Tera Bug, Fire Blast and some SpA EVs. This helps a lot vs. ID Zama and Bulk Up Tusk. Tera Bug on the Headlong / Iron Defense and you beat both of them. After Headlong, Fire Blast will OHKO Great Tusk.

Great Tusk - switched to Choice Scarf. The team needed more speed and the philosophy of the squad is to just to be strong and bulky as hell. Headlong, Close Combat, and Temper Flare go ham in sun.

Corviknight - added some Attack EVs. Brave Bird will always OHKO Iron Valiant.

Ceruledge - added more speed to make sure we outpace Raging Bolt

Chicxulub (Torkoal) (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

MegaDonphanus (Great Tusk) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Temper Flare
- Ice Spinner

MegaSuicunus (Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Scald

ApexPredator (Roaring Moon) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

IronSkarmory (Corviknight) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

StrikerEureka (Ceruledge) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Solar Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)