SV UU DLC 1 Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

This amazing art was created by Kolohe, thank you so much!!

Hosted by Monky25 and Lily

Hello and welcome to the Post-Home Scarlet and Violet UU Viability Rankings!

For those who are unfamiliar, in the Viability Rankings we come together as a community with a goal to rank every viable Pokemon within the SV UU metagame into ranks indicating their dominance and effect in the tier. This can serve as a great resource for teambuilding by essentially being a threat list, helping newer players understand which is the best Pokemon to use and what to account for while building. Any user is encouraged to post in this thread and share their thoughts on rankings that should be changed, which our lovely viability ranking team will read and discuss as we schedule VR updates. There is no set schedule for VR updates, but rather when we determine that the current rankings may be an inaccurate representation of the current metagame. There also is the possibility of mini updates which can be quick metagame changes that should directly happen without needing to conduct a full slate. The current viability council is below:

The ranking descriptions for what each rank means and what the characteristics are of Pokemon in these ranks are in the below spoiler:
S and S-: The best of the best Pokemon, being extremely splashable and versatile, having high consistency, and shaping the tier’s development. Their dominance has a notable effect on teambuilding and the dynamics of the tier. S- Pokemon are Pokemon that are a step above the rest of the A+ Pokemon but may not be as centralizing or potent as another S tier.
A+ and A: Great and metagame defining Pokemon that have exceptional prowess and must be accounted for while building. They are not as defining as S rank Pokemon, but are still strong Pokemon that most teams should make use of. A rank Pokemon have similar traits to A+ Pokemon but may be held back due to performance or usage.
A- and B+: These are Pokemon that still have an impactful role in the metagame and should still be accounted for, but lack the consistency and/or potency to be ranked any higher.
B: Generally the lowest ranking of Pokemon considered impactful to the tier, these Pokemon operate decently within the metagame but have enough notable flaws to keep them from being tier staples. This rank may also feature Pokemon that have potential for potency in the metagame, but are too unexplored to warrant a higher rank.
B- and C+: Pokemon in these ranks are without a doubt viable, but have noticeable flaws and restrictions that limit splashability and usage in the tier while not being too consistent either. Pokemon that are staples found in niche but viable playstyles reside here.
C: These Pokemon have roles in the metagame that are generally outclassed for the most part, but still have enough relevance and usefulness in the metagame to warrant a ranking.
D: Lastly, Pokemon in D rank are UU by usage but completely unviable. Discussion on D rank Pokemon is prohibited.

When nominating changes to happen in this VR PLEASE avoid personal biases and instead use information such as trends working for or against this Pokemon as well as usage to support your claim. Note usage does not always equal viability. There is a correlation, but just because Forretress got more usage last month than Quagsire on the ladder does not mean it is a better Pokemon; tournament usage stats are generally better support for nominations. For nominating unranked Pokemon to be ranked, consider a few things: Does this have enough of a distinguishable niche in the metagame? (meaning does what it performs act differently enough from another ranked Pokemon). Also, should the first criteria be met, is this niche relevant enough in the current metagame? A good nomination of an unranked Pokemon would be here. Replays are also great tools to help support a nomination and are required to nominate an unranked Pokemon. And with that, here are our viability rankings! Happy posting!

S Rank
Iron Treads
Therian Forme
Tornadus-Therian

A+ Rank
Meowscarada
Weavile

A Rank
Amoonguss
Hydreigon
Iron Hands
Okidogi
Scizor
Skeledirge
Slowking

A- Rank
Galarian Form
Galarian Weezing
Galarian Form
Galarian Zapdos
Gastrodon
Hisuian Form
Hisuian Arcanine
Quaquaval
Wash Rotom
Rotom-Wash
Sandy Shocks
Sinistcha
Therian Forme
Thundurus-Therian

B+ Rank
Azumarill
Barraskewda
Female
Basculegion-F
Bellibolt
Cresselia
Empoleon
Therian Forme
Enamorus-Therian
Galarian Form
Galarian Moltres
Hisuian Form
Hisuian Goodra
Iron Leaves
Jirachi
Lokix
Mamoswine
Ogerpon
Pelipper
Ursaluna
Volcanion

B Rank
Clodsire
Hippowdon
Hoopa Unbound
Hoopa-Unbound
Mandibuzz
Moltres
Salamence

B- Rank
Breloom
Chesnaught
Cyclizar
Floatzel
Gyarados
Hawlucha
Hisuian Form
Hisuian Lilligant
Infernape
Iron Jugulis
Mienshao
Tinkaton

C+ Rank
Armarouge
Conkeldurr
Crawdaunt
Fezandipiti
Golduck
Grimmsnarl
Indeedee
Maushold
Milotic
Munkidori
Overqwil
Polteageist
Slowbro
Sylveon
Incarnate Forme
Thundurus

C Rank
Alola Form
Alolan Muk
Brambleghast
Brute Bonnet
Chandelure
Ditto
Donphan
Galarian Form
Galarian Slowbro
Gardevoir
Gengar
Haxorus
Hisuian Form
Hisuian Zoroark
Kleavor
Ludicolo
Dusk Form
Lycanroc-Dusk
Ninetales
Pawmot
Quagsire
Regidrago
Slither Wing
Torkoal
Tyranitar
Victreebel

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Hello VR enthusiasts, we hope you like the new DLC 1 VR. As always. the VR team will open the thread for questions about any changes for the next 48 hours, where a member of the VR team will be sure to respond to provide clarity. Please do not repeat questions, make any nominations, or post one liners that are not related to the update/just random stuff. They will be deleted. After this period, you are welcome to make nominations. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and reading your posts!

Why is Barraskewda so much higher than Floatzel? Why is Golduck so much lower than both?

Why is Pelipper only in B+ rank when two of the best Pokemon in the tier fit so well on rain?

Why is Okidogi A and not lower? Why is Sinistcha A- and not higher?

Why are Meowscarada and Weavile the same rank? I assumed Weavile would be better in the current metagame.

1699815646180.png
I am curious as what to makes this Mon C+ instead of C. It's the same rank as Munkidori so I am curious about the potential niche.

1699815758710.png
I am also interested in Sinischa being in A- instead of A because of how much work it has been putting for me

Surprised to see Moltres relatively low in the tier, I guess with Defog it's services would be more appreciates tho...Also having to compete with Dirge is rough

why is gastrodon A- rank while quagsire is in C rank?
Quagsire isn't as bulky as Gastrodon especially on the SpD side which makes it rather ineffective at checking stuff like Tornadus-T and Sandy Shocks. Gastrodon also having the flexibility to invest Phys Def EVs to check stuff like Quaq better while still being a good pivot into the former Pokemon. As mentioned above Clodsire is also pretty much a better version of Quagsire. The main upside is Quagsire being a better pivot into Harcanine. For this reason Quagsire was ranked much lower.

Surprised to see Moltres relatively low in the tier, I guess with Defog it's services would be more appreciates tho...Also having to compete with Dirge is rough
I used Moltres recently and I do believe it is honestly a fine Pokemon with the ability to spread burns to punish pivots like Meow. I wouldn't say Dirge is the main competition for Moltres though, it's Tornadus-T. Regenerator makes it a better pivot as both commonly get hit with Knock Off making them weak to rocks. This obviously hurting Moltres more. Offensively Tornadus-T is more threatening especially if running Nasty Plot. The Speed tier is also so valuable that most teams will default to it over Moltres. Harcanine is seeing more usage so any variant without U-turn doesn't feel too great. I'd say these things are enough to justify limiting it to B for now.

If anyone hasn't had their questions answered I'm sure some other members will get to it soon.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
View attachment 570463 I am curious as what to makes this Mon C+ instead of C. It's the same rank as Munkidori so I am curious about the potential niche.

View attachment 570464 I am also interested in Sinischa being in A- instead of A because of how much work it has been putting for me
for the fez point, one of the big draws of it is that it’s a great answer to two of the best mons in the tier: tornadus and meowscarada, more so the latter though. It also deals with stuff like hydreigon nicely.

the main appeal is obviously it’s poison spreading with toxic chain combined with the nice defensive utility and longevity with roost, so it’s really punishing to passive pokemon that are common in higher ranks giving it free turns with super high poison chance sludge bombs and can still just pass poisons around on its u turns as a nice pivoter.

Since heatranleft we don’t really have steel types tha can stop this niche as easily either, iron treads tends to get 2hkod by heat wave and is very abusable with u turn into breakers and other stuff like empo are much more niche. This tends to make its ability to poison stuff so well more punishing, makes Pokémon not want to greed turns against it and risk these poisons, and results in some great pivoting ability to bring stuff like iron treads and okidogi in for Pokémon like tornadus.

it works really well on these like sinistcha pairings, who loves the status spreading ,also works well with stuff like meowscarada. Multiple vr members were pretty fond of it and it has been seeing rising usage among people which is why it got the rank it did, I even voted it much higher than this personally.

We included a sample team in recent update with it in if you are interested in trying https://pokepast.es/373a7f6150f2fc7d

I'm surprised monkidori is so low, I always feel like it with future sight can be a pain to play around. Is there a specific reason for it being so low?
Mostly because it's lackluster in many ways. First of all, it has almost no defensive value within a team due to its bad bulk and pretty mediocre typing which makes it quite hard to bring it on a ton of threats. You really need to pair it with great pivots in order to allow it to come on the field safely. However, even when it's on the field, it's lackluster. Its speed, while being good, isn't enough in the current metagame where Tornadus-T is king and Meowscarada + Weavile are A+ Pokémon. It also relies a lot on Focus Blast to dent Steel-types which sucks in a tier where Iron Treads is a S mon. Overall Munkidori will often struggle to do things unlike Okidogi and even Fezandipiti which bring defensive value to a team. If you want a fast Psychic-type Pokémon, not gonna lie, I feel like even unranked Azelf is a better choice due to its way better speed and coverage. And if you want something with Future Sight, just use Slowking, it will be 10 times better thanks to Regenerator, Slack Off and Chilly Reception.

Monky25

Why is Barraskewda so much higher than Floatzel? Why is Golduck so much lower than both?

Why is Pelipper only in B+ rank when two of the best Pokemon in the tier fit so well on rain?
The best way to explain this is by diving into the rain hierarchy that I Interpret:
  • In B+ you’ve got Pelipper, which represents the playstyle, and Barraskewda, which is a near staple of rain that should be ranked alongside Pelipper to reflect that. The most common and successful rain team features Pelipper + Choice Specs Tornadus-T + Choice Band Barraskewda + AV Iron Treads + Sandy Shocks + Amoonguss. This 6 has been used throughout UUSD and is currently a sample team. Barraskewda completes 6 with its unique and potent offensive output, hitting hard without Wave Crash and thus not having to kill itself to make progress, ultimately resulting in it sticking around in a game more, which is more valuable than a nuke that dies after 2 attacks. Barraskewda is also stronger and has coverage for checks to rain like Amoonguss and Gastrodon. Because Barraskewda is the optimal breaker on the most common variant of rain, which practically is the only variant used because you can’t get much better than that, it’s ranked alongside Pelipper.
  • In B- we have Floatzel, which is still a strong offensive nuke for more hyper offensive variants of rain, but these aren’t as common as the aforementioned 6 thus reflecting the lower rank. It still fits into the common 6 established above but ultimately it’s traits offer a lot less value than Barraskewda to where it’s ranked lower
  • Golduck (and to the same extent Overqwil) have a lower rank in C+ because they’re not on standard rain. They represent a deviation from this common team into more unique and different rain options, particularly shining more on HO variants, but because the teams they are on are not as consistent as the main rain playsytle, they fail to be ranked any higher.
  • Pelipper is in B+ because rain is good but just not that good to have a higher placement. It’s pretty telegraphed what rain runs in tournament play and can be taken advantage of by many threats in the metagame like Sinistcha, Amoonguss, Volcanion, Slowking, Gastrodon, Rotom-Wash, Tornadus-T, Empoleon, Hisuian Goodra, Clodsire, Bellibolt, and Choice Scarf Meowscarada to name a few. No matter what offensive route rain goes with, it’ll always lose to something and fails to establish a consistency indicative of anything in the A ranks.
Why is Okidogi A and not lower?
Okidogi is a really good Pokémon that is easily a top 10 Pokémon in the tier and top 5 for many including myself. Bulk Up is the main and most phenomenal set, using its great typing and bulk to get past common walls like Skeledirge, Amoonguss, and Slowking while providing essential defensive value against the very dangerous Meowscarada and Iron Hands lacking Earthquake. After a boost, it can handle foes like Weavile and Scizor as well while it heals itself with Drain punch and forces key progress against the enemy team. Toxic chain + Poison Jab makes it very difficult to handle in the long term, and with tera options like Fairy, Electric, or Dragon, counterplay such as Tornadus-T, Sandy Shocks, and Iron Treads can simply turn into another kill for Okidogi. Choice Band and Choice Scarf are also great sets using Okidogi’s amazing coverage and powerful offensive output to break past walls when you’re in the mood for something more straightforward and KO netting than a setup sweeper. Okidogi is one the strongest of the A tier Pokémon and shouldn’t be taken lightly at all when building. Even though it fell short of A+ by 2 votes, it’s certainly worthy of the high A rank at worst.

Why is Sinistcha A- and not higher?
Tagging Szark who also asked this to see this response. I voted Sinistcha into A but I do get the rationale as to why it's A-. For the record the vote was fairly close between A and A-. The biggest issue with Sinistcha is the somewhat flawed defensive typing. It’s a good typing for sure and is valuable against the likes of Iron Hands lacking Ice Punch (a good amount lately), Quaquaval, most Thundurus-T variants, Sandy Shocks, and Iron Treads, but it also falls victim to a lot of other powerful threats, notably 3 of the 4 highest ranked Pokemon, but also dangerous threats like Hydreigon, Scizor, Skeledirge, Hisuian Arcanine, Galarian Moltres, and Volcanion to name a few. It’s been forced to tera a lot to be a win con but all its tera options are flawed. Poison, Steel, and Electric all make you weak to Iron Treads, a Pokemon you’re meant to check, plus Poison is vulnerable to Future Sight while Steel also becomes weak to Fighting-types like Iron Hands. Tera Fairy alleviates this but worsens the Scizor MU even more and Sinistcha becomes vulnerable to other dangerous threats like Okidogi and Hisuian Goodra. Sinistcha is still great but it's got enough flaws to where it doesn’t compare to the monsters in A rank.

Why are Meowscarada and Weavile the same rank? I assumed Weavile would be better in the current metagame.
Meowscarada and Weavile don’t really complete and just are simply top tiers in the metagame where they both are in A+. Meowscarada is a very dangerous offensive pivot and Spikes user that can provide key support to its team while being offensively threatening in its own right. Choice Band and Choice Scarf are also strong sets that act as a powerful Wallbreaker with the former and an extremely good revenge killer with its high speed using the latter. Meanwhile, Weavile is one of the most dangerous offensive Pokémon, getting the jump on the ever present Meowscarada and Tornadus-T and using its amazing STAB combo to break past many walls and revenge kill threats with Ice Shard. It’s one of the most difficult to account for Pokémon for sure. Both of these Pokémon are just very good Pokémon that represent the rank of A+ and are ranked there as such. Also, common consensus is that Meowscarada is better than Weavile because of how impactful the pivot set is to the metagame.

Because of the issues on smogon yesterday, we will be extending the question period for the next 24 hours. Do not be afraid to ask questions and members of the VR team will respond to the best of their ability.

How come Mence is only B and Ttar + Ninetales being down in C, sorry if this is out of the time period for questions.
Edit: and torkoal in C as well

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
How come Mence is only B and Ttar + Ninetales being down in C, sorry if this is out of the time period for questions.
Edit: and torkoal in C as well
Ninetales and Torkoal are in C since their purpose is to set sun which is itself a niche playstyle that fits in C tier (their ranking is pretty much linked to Victreebel and Brute Bonnet). Both have advantages, Torkoal has Rocks and Spin while Tales has Encore and Healing Wish, but it's hard to say which is better currently.

Tyranitar has been struggling a lot more since home as most good special attackers like Tornadus-T and Hydreigon currently can hit it with a Fighting move or simply pivot on it, making its defensive utility much worse. It also has to struggle with many new bulky Fighting types like Iron Hands and Okidogi, so offensive sets have more difficulty breaking through. Finally, Arcanine-Hisui has popped up as an offensive Rock type whose typing and Speed are more suited to the current meta.

Salamence's main good sets used to be Special Attacking sets making use of its good defensive utility, but with Torn-T around and, to a lesser extent, Hydreigon, it finds itself really outclassed in that role. Its current ranking reflects its value for HO teams on which it's good as a DDance sweeper, but not particularly.

Am wondering but why are all of :crawdaunt: :conkeldurr: :infernape: :munkidori: :breloom: struggling ATM? For the Fighters, is it mainly Torn-T holding them back as well as competition? Munki and Craw I'm more curious about though.

Am wondering but why are all of :crawdaunt: :conkeldurr: :infernape: :munkidori: :breloom: struggling ATM? For the Fighters, is it mainly Torn-T holding them back as well as competition? Munki and Craw I'm more curious about though.
Yeah, Tornadus-T's dominance on ladder is a big reason that a lot of these Fighting-types struggle. Not only that but there is so much competition with Iron Hands and Okidogi for the role of a Fighting-type wallbreaker that justifying slotting them on a team over them can be difficult. Out of the three you mentioned Infernape is a bit more unique with being the only SpA Fighting breaker. I would suggest scrolling up to Moute's post for more information on Munkidori.

As for Crawdaunt, the Speed tier is the biggest thing holding it back. Realistically nothing wants to switch into Daunt but the tier is quite offensive by nature so the opportunities to get it in are rather limited. Azumarill also gives it a lot of competition as a powerful Water-type wallbreaker/cleaner, which most teams will usually default to instead particularly because of the better typing and bulk.

What were the contributing factors to downfall of Kleavor all the way from B to C?
I believe it's the fact that it's forced to run Choice Scarf to get Stone Axe off vs the many faster threats in the tier like Iron Treads or Torn-t. However, Kleavor itself is not the greatest choice scarf user do to its innate Stealth Rock weakness and many of its moves being resisted by common Pokemon like Okidogi and Iron Treads, though it has moves to hit both if needed.

Rises
Iron Hands A -> A+
I think Hands is insane and is easily on par with Meow and Weavile. Wisp is the only thing that properly hinders it imo and this is easily fixed through Tera, Item, or by running Substitute. Iron Hands is beyond flexible when it comes to the different items it can run without detrimenting its already good matchups. Personally, Booster Energy makes Iron Hands feel insane especially because the Unaware Pokemon no longer handle it well. Offensively there are a handful of Pokemon that actually threaten to OHKO so it will usually proceed to claim at least 2 depending on your tera and item choice.

Iron Leaves B+ -> A-/A
Iron Leaves is so much better than B+ and deserves to be out of RUBL, get to it people. I've explained my reasoning enough in the samples thread.

Drops
Galarian Form
Galarian Weezing A- -> B+
I think Gweezing is still good role compression for certain builds but it struggles to actually punish a lot of things if forced to fit Defog. The rise of Harcanine also just doesn't help Wisp variants. It's also a very mid Fighting-type check to the likes of Iron Hands and Okidogi. While Nautralizing Gas is nice to punish Regen Pokemon it is not safe to get it in safely against Tornadus and Slowking. Using this ability also makes it bad at keeping hazards off the field against Iron Treads.

Female
Basculegion-F B+ -> B
Bascu-F is a difficult Pokemon to switch into still if Specs but there is a lot limiting how effective it is. The Speed tier isn't great and the prevalence of Gastrodon and even AV Tornadus-T makes it hard to force progress. The recently dropped Empoleon also does a good job of handling it. I also think Quaq being a Pokemon it can no longer take advantage of to wallbreak feels bad.

Ogerpon B+ -> B
This shit sucks

Ursaluna B+ -> B
I have never been a big fan of Luna and I don't really think it is remotely on par with the stuff in B+. Flame Orb sets are not amazing and Bulk Up in my eyes is not good enough to rank it so highly. It's typing is exploitable by many top Pokemon making it very tera reliant to properly be effective. Without a boost or two I also just don't think the Pokemon is threatening either.

Hisuian Form
Hisuian Lilligant B- -> C
I don't really know why this is ranked so high especially when the rest of the Sun stuff is in C. Hisuian Lilligant does not see enough play outside of this playstyle to be 2 ranks higher. I could be down for C+ but so far I don't think there has been any usage/team to justify it being in B-.

Ludicolo C -> UR
Use Golduck

Pawmot C -> UR
I only ever see this thing used for Revivial Blessing and 90% of the time that isn't good enough to justify playing 5 vs 6

Regidrago C -> UR
I don't think this is remotely effective even against teams without a Fairy because the chance of a Tera Fairy being on the team is already so high. Not only that but stuff like AV Torn, Slowking, and SpD Empoleon. There is DD but that is just weak without several boosts and hard loses to any Unaware Pokemon.

ThatOneApple

A Bit Fruity
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Some rises and drops thoughts
Rises
:Bellibolt: -> A-
Bulky electric with static and recovery is really nice in a tier dominated by torn and can still grab statics on things like meow, maybe weav (and even treads if you're insane and proc it on a rapid spin). Volt + Muddy + Toxic is also super hard to play around without closire, who is rather easy to work around due to its passivity.

:Iron Hands: -> A+
This dude is just wack, big stat go set up -> kill. Can tech for matchups, just wild. Been going crazy in UUSD as well with a new trick up its sleeve always. Certain mons that irritate it like rotom-wash, sinischa, and gweez can be worn down over the course of the game or are exploitable. Also this guy just eats certain kinda of offense alive which is just another fun fact, overall great mon that ive been underestimating.

:Okidogi: -> A+
This may be a little less popular than the hands rise, but i really think dogi is great. It functions differently compared to hands, while hands bodes its time in the back and waits for its time while maybe coming out once or twice to force out certain mons, dogi is a defensive offensive powerhouse who constantly forces progress with its knock off and toxic chain alongside its powerful stab gunk shot (poison jab is an option but i enjoy that strong base 120 power). Although similarly to hands, it is a bulky fighter that threatens a sweep while keeping healthy with drain punch that can tech for certain mus, and i will admit that i believe hands is better at this than dogi. HOWEVER, dogi has some mix up potential with its set. While hands its kinda locked into fat setup, dogi can mix it up with a banded nuke or a surprise scarf, which can be amazing to nuking things trying to come in like torn with banded gunk shot, or catching a treads off guard with scarf cc. Overall, my consensus on dogi and hands is that while hands is better at just brute forcing things with its fat stats, giving a better mu vs offensive teams, dogi is better at battering defensive teams and mixing things up with choice items.

Drops
:Rotom-wash: -> B+
Ngl this thing just feels like such a fake check to everything its meant to check, in theory it checks torn treads and weav well, but they all knock you on the switch and cut your longevity big time (granted treads doesnt always run knock but its still not exactly a risk you like taking). It kinda checks unboosted hands with its decent bulk and access to wisp but i feel it doesnt check much else defensively due to its weakness to knock and overall middling bulk. Scarf sets are nice as they're good speed control and can annoy fatter teams with trick, but i dont think that the scarf set alone is worthy of the A ranks

:Thundurus-Therian: -> B+
I have not seen this dude in like 5ever, so the lack of performance already is a negative for me personally, but it also struggles with being an offensive mon that is slower than treads, Granted knock treads doesnt exactly threaten it, but you still dont want to eat knock, also its even worse if its ice spinner treads bc you just kinda die. As for the rain stuff, its an option i guess, but as previously stated, its not one ive seen much. I also think competition with sandy shocks as an offensive volt switcher is rough for it, as sandy packs decent bulk and access to hazards.

Some shorter noms

:Donphan: -> UR
Use Treads

:haxorus: -> UR
Use dd mence

:slither wing: -> C+
I think the defensive utility vs treads while packing priority and stab cc is nice, could be a crackhead nom in a torn ruled tier but i think its maybe just a bit better than the other C ranks

Galarian Form
-> B+

This is such an odd pokemon because while it can do a lot of good things its just... you know i feel its inconsistent because pain split is a bitch to use properly and sometimes you can get good things and sometimes you gain 0 health esp with how non threatening it is outside of spreading burns and trying to fish for poisons (god forbid it burns it alr and makes poisons impossible)

1700285615430.png
-> B

I have never liked jirachi at any point so far... it feels odd to build around and a CM set lategame may work but idk... you have many pokemon rising up that can stop the jirachi from doing shit esp considering its passvie asf before it gets going. Scarf rachi into bellibolt is garbage asf. Relying on hax to force progress is funny but also horrible when ur iron head is gonna bounce off amoonguss, dirge, treads, iron hands, bellibolt, and more

-> B-

DD is prob the only set and idt it does much that is so worthy of B tier... I will prob want to use gyara as a DD sweeper instead. And special is outclassed by torn-t as its not only checked by it pretty hard, it also kinda does a better job with regen at scouting and dealing with shit.

I feel even iron jugulis is a better HO flying type and i really dislike outrage as a stab move you have to go for

Hisuian Form
-> C or UR

Haven't seen it once... haven't seen anyone talk about it or be impressed by it... ill put it to C rn because I feel it may have done something but I do not think it warrants a spot on the VR... correct me if im wrong ofc

-> C+

Kinda a shit check to everything and cant really spin without being screwed in return. Smth like gastrodon can just keep spikes up, slowking can burn it and make it just take a lot of chip over the course of a game, Dirge can just brun it and it doesnt even beat it 1v1 besdies give a lot of boosts and dragon tail has its own issues.

-> C+

It can do a lot in this meta... well certainly worth putting in 1 rank higher. Unlike garbage like a-muk, ditto, and kleavor it has a lot of utility it can provide. Esp with healing wish and trick being pretty darn valuable and while slow for a scarfer it gets the job done by getting the jump on meow, weav, and other crap and can still outspeed bascu-f.

I did a post on it https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ussion-teal-mask-edition.3728797/post-9852936

-> UR

IDT its worth running ditto who is borderline dead weight into every other MU to run on the off chance u have a better MU into HO. I would just run better anti HO mons like even scarf jirachi, CB scizor, dirge, clodsire, mandibuzz... etc

-> B

Boooo! How can you rank this thing so low, sooooo rigged. ok jokes aside I think jugulis on HO is a great pick and ive seen it a bit myself on what it can do... with booster it can put in a lot of work and even outside of it I believe it has a niche with tis higher base speed than hydreigon. I dont have much to talk about it sadly

Rises:
1700386269672.png

Iron Hands A -> A+

The Mon is very strong with either set up set or Booster Energy for instant power on switch in are both very viable sets. It's fat, it's threatning and it's not particularily weak to any of the top tiers. It will often get one or two things down and bring value which is very similar to what Meow and Weavile do. It has flexibility with it's 4th move slot being able to run EQ for Skeledirge or Ice Punch for Among or Sub for set up. Gets great value out of Tera. Very nice mon.
1700386298032.png

Okidogi A -> A+
Okidogi is a strong defensive Mon with very strong utility traits in Knock Off and Toxic Chain both making lot's of progress, the latter ensures that it can still potentially cripple it's checks like Skeledirge or get value on the off chance it gets burned. Defensively resisting Dark, Grass, U-Turn and being able to absorb opposing Fighting Moves is pretty epic. Additionally it often runs Bulk Up threatning to become a sweeper with recovery via Drain Punch. It does have some decent freedom with items and moves being able to either Leftovers BU or full offense Choice Scarf or Band. Choosing either Gunk Shot for power or Poison Jab for reliability, Psychic Fangs for coverage over Knock if your team is Knock heavy. Good Tera candidate with Water, Fairy, Electric and Dragon all being decently viable. I think it brings more consistent value than other A tiers.

1700386048618.png

Iron Leaves B+ -> A-
The more I see of this mon the more in favor of it I become. It's true that it's a mon that doesn't fit every team and can be difficult to get in however whenever I do see it it gets value. Booster Speed especially allows it to outspeed it's offensive checks in Meow, Weavile and Tornadus. Meow and Weav both are afraid of Close Combat, Non-Bulky Tornadus gets 2HKO'd by Psyblade and if it absorbed Knock earlier OHKO'd by +0 Wild Charge with Rocks up. Psychic is a pretty rare typing in this meta while also being pretty valueable because of Okidogi, Iron Hands, Weezing-Galar, Zapdos-Galar and Amoongus in the tier. Finally I think both Tera Types are pretty flexible and movepool gives it coverage for pretty much everything it wants to while also having boosting options in Trailblaze and Swords Dance.
1700386341597.png

Bellibolt B+ -> A-
Everyone who watches Tours knows how popular and good Bellibolt is. Consistently bringing defensive value with it's typing, static punishing U-Turn and Knock Off alike, recovery, Toxic, slow pivot and being able to decently eat hits from Weavile and Meowscarada. There really isn't that much to say since Belli has like one set to it's name but said set brings a lot to the table.
Falls:
1700386010046.png

Weezing-Galar A- -> B+
I find this Mon to be a pretty fake check to things it's supposed to check. The movepool does not feel good wants Wisp to be able to cripple physical attackers and be able to do anything to Treads, then it wants Defog to do it's thing and possibly Pain Split for not ever reliable recovery and the stab combination of Sludge Bomb and Strange Streams I have found rather awkward since it cant touch poisons or steels. I also find that despite being a physical wall and Fairy type it hates absorbing Knock since it either loses Rocky Helmet and is not longer effective at punishing U-Turn spam, losing Lefties means Pain Split is your only way of recovery. Finally while Neutralising Gas to punish Regenerator sounds cute on paper it means you are suddenly eating Earthquakes and taking Spikes damage.
1700386917421.png

Victrimbel C -> UR
Can we stop pretending this mon has niche on sun? Granted I have used it back when Heatran was still in the meta walling it to the next universe. But it was just kind off ass regardless? Taking Rocks damage and Life Orb chip makes you die pretty quickly and Gigadrain is anything but reliable in tier with Geezing, Torn and Dogi. Its very hard to find a turn to use Growth and I found that its pretty easy to just stall out the sun turns without which the mon is just horrible. I have seen many Sun teams in Tours and I have not seen a Victrimbel.
Less Confident:
1700386074708.png

Munkidori C+ -> C
So this mon is the definition of awkward. Awkward stab combo forcing to run Focus Blast, awkward speed tier thats just slow enough to force Scarf, awkward typing with close to no defensive utility, awkward ability for the role. I have not seen this mon and being C+ while Gengar is C is beyond me.
1700386325117.png

Slither Wing C -> C+
Slither is a funny little mon. It has nice defensive utlity of resisting Ground, Dark and Fighting being able to switch into things like Treads. I also think it's pretty decent Knock absorber with Morning Sun for recovery making it less reliant on Leftovers. I have seen it both on Sun and outside of it and believe it require more recognition being better than rest of C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Is gweezing not like A/A+ when it Is a great check To like 70%+ of All mons! Checks strong chiefs like meowscarada While Is a total nuke To fighting Type, levitate and ngas both being v good abilities, (many people useing eq becuz they're used To n'as Even tho both n'as and misty surge have a Switch in notification).
It can keep: dark types, fighting types, grass types, dragon types, bug types, physical attackers and ability reliant mons All in one! While having Ground weakness Is p embarassing, It's not the case of psychic weakness as There are more good dark types tham good psy-type in the tier iirc. Sure it won't win against slowking (except gunk shot stuff) but scizor anw Don't win against skeledirge anw so 1v1-ing the oppo Is not An issue. A- on such a mon that Is Even helped by Tera To check Even different stuff To Give it Even more usefullness in the meta.

Why Is gweezing not like A/A+ when it Is a great check To like 70%+ of All mons! Checks strong chiefs like meowscarada While Is a total nuke To fighting Type, levitate and ngas both being v good abilities, (many people useing eq becuz they're used To n'as Even tho both n'as and misty surge have a Switch in notification).
It can keep: dark types, fighting types, grass types, dragon types, bug types, physical attackers and ability reliant mons All in one! While having Ground weakness Is p embarassing, It's not the case of psychic weakness as There are more good dark types tham good psy-type in the tier iirc. Sure it won't win against slowking (except gunk shot stuff) but scizor anw Don't win against skeledirge anw so 1v1-ing the oppo Is not An issue. A- on such a mon that Is Even helped by Tera To check Even different stuff To Give it Even more usefullness in the meta.
Weezing-Galar does check a lot of stuff but its lack of recovery prevents it to check those threats in the long run. Meowscarada can just remove its Leftovers / Rocky Helmet, making it even more passive than it is already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)