| ~

In-Depth Look:

[Serene Grace] | Careful Nature
252 HP | 224 SpD | 32 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Body Slam
~ Iron Head
~ Wish

Jirachi starts the team off on the right foot. Beginning by taking off at least 6% from all OU Pokemon. Generally speaking, Jirachi takes the bulk of Special hits on this team and with good reason too. The Steel typing allows her to come in on a variety of attacks and be able to take it. Even without Defense EVs, Jirachi can come in on Outrages and Scizor's attacks and threaten back with a 60% chance to Paralyze. The chance to Paralyze really helps my team considering most of them are bulky yet rather slow. Iron Head is for the annoying ParaFlinch combination that is only boasted by Togekiss. Wish provides the team with a chance to heal itself considering the bulk that is here. Wish allows Jirachi to heal itself to continue taking on special attacks. Combined with Leech Seed from Celebi, Wish provides immense healing to team members such as the following to continue making Substitutes and annoying my opponent's team:

[Poison Heal] | Impish Nature
252 HP | 184 Def | 72 Spe
Substitute ~
Earthquake ~
Ice Fang ~
Taunt ~​

Gliscor along with Jirachi are my Power Annoyers. Both of them have a substantial amount of power with their STABs and at the same time can dissipate any chance my opponent has at dealing a hefty amount of damage to me. Gliscor will basically be able to use all of the 16 Substitutes it has at is disposal due to a variety of reasons. Leech Seed + Wish + Poison Heal allows Gliscor to heal continuously as it Taunts my opponent to break Gliscor's substitute and switch to an appropriate counter when necessary. Earthquake is especially useful against special attackers such as Heatran and Suicune who have powerful and sometimes super effective attacks against Gliscor. Ice Fang takes care of Haxorus, Dragonite and Salamence. To continue to provide healing support alongside Jirachi's Wish is:

[Natural Cure] | Calm Nature
252 HP | 224 SpD | 32 Spe
~ Giga Drain
~ Hidden Power [Fire]
~ Recover
~ Leech Seed

Celebi is the 3rd part of the Core 4, (Yankees reference :D). Giga Drain provides powerful STAB to take care of Hippowdon, Gastrodon, Swampert and other bulky Grounds with potentially lethal attacks that could KO Gliscor. On the other hand, while Gliscor could only take hits from Scizor and not deal back, Celebi is able to KO with Hidden Power [Fire]. Secondly, Ferrothorn is a big threat to this team considering the lack of Rapid Spin. Hidden Power [Fire] takes care of him and Forretress who also can set-up entry hazards. Leech Seed is the 3rd part of the annoying combination with Paralysis and Flinching. It forces my opponent to open up its Grass Pokemon so that I know who to take care of. For those set-up sweepers who haven't been paralyzed yet, this guy takes care of that job:

[Pressure] | Bold Nature
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD
Scald ~
Roar ~
Rest ~
Sleep Talk ~​

Occasionally, I'd rather have a Pokemon burned than paralyzed. Such cases include Scizor, Gliscor, Salamence, Dragonite, Haxorus and other power physical hitters. For them, I use Suicune. Suicune takes the bulk of physical hits alongside Gliscor. While Gliscor takes the Electric attacks, Suicune takes the Ice attacks. This provides a solid defensive backbone creating the Core 4: Jirachi | Gliscor | Celebi | Suicune. Roar allows my to scout my opponent's team so I know which Pokemon need to be burned and which need to be paralyzed. Rest + Sleep Talk allow Suicune it's own healing niche alongside Jirachi's Wish, Gliscor's Poison Heal and Celebi's Leech Seed and Recover. Finally, after my entire opponent's team is either paralyzed or burned, I bring in the closer, Mariano Rivera:

[Moxie] | Naive Nature
252 Atk | 4 SpA | 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower

Mariano Rivera, or Salamence, finishes the job. Dragon Dance prepares for the sweep. Dragon Claw KO's anything that isn't resisted to it and is boosted by Moxie once it KO's something. Earthquake for that pesky Heatran who thinks that I have Outrage, but forgets that you can't run Outrage and Moxie together. Occasionally, my opponent tries to revenge kill me with Scizor, but Flamethrower takes care of that. However, there will be times when Scarf users such as Latios and Terrakion threaten Salamence. For that I bring in Brett Gardner:

[Flash Fire] | Timid Nature
252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Overheat ~
Flamethrower ~
Earth Power ~
Hidden Power [Ice] ~​

This guy outspeeds a good chunk of the metagame with the Choice Scarf. Despite being sub-par in the DP metagame, Heatran takes its scarf into new light. Overheat is a powerful STAB that abuses opponent's sun if they choose to run it. Flamethrower is for the consistent hit and the accuracy on Overheat could sometimes be a turn-off especially in do-or-die cases. Earth Power helps to take care of opposing Heatran and Hidden Power [Ice] is for Dragonite, Haxorus and Gliscor who do threaten this team quite a bit.

So, Rate/Hate/Steal/etc.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Salamence (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

You should use Rotom-w instead Suicune . Why ? Because , he has levitate which protects him from damages due to spikes , and ground types attacks , and you already have a Phazer ( Skarmory ) , this is not a problem to remove Suicune for Rotom-W . And you Breloom can be a status absorber ( if you play him more defensive ) . Rotom-W can abuse to WoW and Volt Switch ( to create switches from your opponent and takes the advantage of spikes )

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- WoW
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
I hope this will help you . Good luck with your team .

You should use Rotom-w instead Suicune . Why ? Because , he has levitate which protects him from damages due to spikes , and ground types attacks , and you already have a Phazer ( Skarmory ) , this is not a problem to remove Suicune for Rotom-W . And you Breloom can be a status absorber ( if you play him more defensive ) . Rotom-W can abuse to WoW and Volt Switch ( to create switches from your opponent and takes the advantage of spikes )

I hope this will help you . Good luck with your team .
I've revamped the entire team, and even in this new team, Rotom-W doesn't function correctly. He's lacking the bulk that Suicune has. I feel that I'd be better off replacing Rest + Sleep Talk with something else than switching to Rotom-W. Sure Pain Split might be ok, but overall, and throughout the match, he isn't able to take attacks as consistently as Suicune is.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, nice team and I like the layout. Anyways, I'd ditch Substitute on Gliscor for Protect. Substitute essentially just wastes your HP and isn't of much use when it's not on SD AcroScor or SubToxic Glis. Protect on the other hand is really helpful to defensive Gliscor and allows it to stay at a reasonable health, even against top tier threats. Just be wary when using it against boosting sweepers. Anyways I can see this team having an extremely hard time breaking Rain Stall, there are a few things you can do with this team to optimize it against rain stall, although they may disrupt your defensive synergy a bit [shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll explain]. Anyways, I think the best way you can optimize this team against Rain stall is to change Suicune to a Stallbreak Mew. Stallbreak Mew is able to outspeed most of the Pokemon you listed and burn them via Will O Wisp, while Gliscor and your steels can deal with any Dragons. Additionally, Stallbreak Mew destroys pretty much any stall team without a Heatran, which is quite rare on rain stall. Latias can stand up to it somewhat, but can easily be beaten down by residual damage from rocks + a burn and your attacks. Overall, Mew's stallbreaking capabilities are phenomenal and can help you get past many types of stall teams with little effort with its combination of Taunt and Will O Wisp. The former restricting stall Pokemon from using Toxic on it or setting up and the latter which gives them residual damage that will eventually kill them as Taunt prevents Recovery. You can also run Ice Beam over Psychic to deal with Gliscor, who is commonly seen on stall teams, Seismic Toss is an option to run as your attacking move, as well.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Roost

Change Summary

Gliscor:
Substitute-> Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)