Team suggestions

Hi all, this is my first comment on the smogon forum, and I really hope that it’ll be useful.

I post my battlespot team, now I am at a good 1500 score on the ladder:

Kangaskhan @ kangaskhanite, adamant nature, EVS 252 HP, 252 ATK, 6 SPEED, ability scrappy.

· Fake out

· Sucker punch

· Return

· Eartquake

Kanga is an absolute monster in xy battlespot due to his very good bulk, high attack (120), and a very wide movepool. Basically I like to use it as my team lead, with the combination of fake out and return you can KO a very large number of threaths. Sucker Punch is your main priority, and helps a lot in particular against very offensive pokemon, and it’s helped by the steel nerf. Earthquake is very useful against aegislash in particular but it can also OHKO mega lucario, mega gengar, and 2KO many other stuff.

Rotom Wash @ chesto berry, calm nature, EVS 252 HP, 252 SPDEF,6 DEF.

· Will o wisp

· Hydro pump

· Volt switch

· Rest

I decide to put this water machine in my team because it’s a very nice switch to talonflame, and earthquake, the latter in particular. Rotom has also enough bulk to avoid OHKO (unless you are hit by a strong STAB grass move), and it can cripple many physical sweeper with will o wisp. Hydro pump it’s your main STAB, volt switch is useful to get momentum, scout your opponent’s team, or avoid trap move or ability. Rest is to give rotom a new life, it’s useful in general.

Aegislash @ weakness policy, quiet nature (0IV speed), EVS 252 HP, 252 SPATK, 6 ATK.

· King shield

· Flash cannon

· Shadow ball

· Shadow sneak

Despite the steel nerf, Aegislash has a great typing with 3 useful immunities. In this team its main role is to get rid of fighting types that usually threaten the MVP Kangaskhan. Weakness policy is really awesome, there are few pokemon that OHKO Aegislash even with super effective STAB (252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 109-133 (65.2 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). In addition shadow ball and cannonflash hits like a truck when you are at +2. Shadow sneak is your priority , while king shield is the only move capable to trigger stance change. Aegislash has also a great synergy with rotom w which covers aegis fire and ground weaknesses. 0 IV in speed are useful in order to attack always after you opponent .

Chandelure @ choice scarf, modest nature, EVS 252 SPATK, 252SPEED,6 HP, flash fire.

· Fire blast

· Hidden power Rock

· Shadow ball

· Will o wisp

Chandelure is a very functional pokemon , it manages to cover three great menace to this team : gourgeist,trevenant, charizard y, the latter in particular. A modest nature is preferred cause : 252+ SpA Chandelure Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 148-176 (96.1 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO, while timid has a 15% chance. You can switch into a fire blast without taking any damage, and revenge kill with hp rock. Chandelure also has a stunning 145 special attake base state, it is OHKO against aegislash in shield form, or spam a very powerful STAB shadow ball. The last slot is an experiment in order to surprise pursuit trapper with wow. However if you don’t like it you can run energy ball, for additional coverage.

Garchomp @ lum berry, jolly nature, EVS 252 SPEED, 252 ATK,6 HP, rough skin.

· Substitute

· Sword dance

· Dragon claw

· Earthquake

As I said before, my lead team is kangaskhan. Playing I noticed that a great answer to it is rocky helmet ferrothorn. Ferrothorn’s rocky helmet+ iron barbs really deals al lot of damage (parental bond hits twice), you also can’t 2HKO it with earthquake. So this set’s main role is counter ferrothorn and other status inducers. You can also switch in wow, heal yourself with lum berry, make a sub, and then sword dance.

Ferrothorn @ rocky helmet, sassy nature, EVS 252 HP, 252 SPDEF,6 DEF.

· Stealth rock

· Power whip

· Leech seed

· Knock off

Ferrothorn is the answer to opponent’s kangaskhan , and other physical pokemon. It has a lot of good matchup, leech seed is very annoying and it’s crucial in order to gain some life back. Power whip is your main STAB, knock off is the surprise move, taking off the item, and it also deals a passable damage. Stealth rock is for the obvious switch out and it allows you to not waste a turn.

That’s all. NOTE: There might be some grammatical mistakes, I’m Italian and my English is far from being perfect XD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)