Team System! (OU)

So here's my team. It revolves around taking out major OU threats and proceeding to sweep with either Gyarados or Electivire. This is team still has a lot of holes and I'm very open to any feedback :D. So I give you, Team System.​

Chop Suey! (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 98 HP/216 Atk/196 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Extremespeed
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Dragonite is one of the best Anti-Leads I have come upon. Fire blast, dragon claw, eq, and E speed give give un-resisted coverage and takes out most of the common OU leads.
Leads I have trouble with are in Red.
Moderate is Orange.
And what i handle easily is Green.

Metagross : Keep Eqing until it dies. It usually gets up SR though.

Azelf : One Dragon Claw + Espeed kills it. I laugh when they taunt me.

Jirachi : Usually it will Ice Punch, so I switch to Heatran to set up rocks.

Swampert : I don't like Swampert. I immediately go to Celebi.

Aerodactyl : (See Azelf)

Infernape : Earthquake to break the sash, E speed to kill it.

Hippowdon : Switch to Celebi which does about 84 % average w/ GK.

Bronzong : Switch to Gyara, Taunt, Dragon Dance, then hit whatever comes in.

Ninjask : I laught at Ninjask. I Dragon Claw until low health. He probably thinks I'm scarfed. Then, I espeed and laugh at him.

Roserade : Take the sleep powder, EQ, then E Speed to kill.
---

B.Y.O.B. (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
Flygon seems kind of like dead weight on this team. It's good for U-Turn scouting, but thats about it. Any suggestions on a replacement?

---

Aerials (Electivire) (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
This is my Mixed Electivire. I think he's one of the best wall breakers in the game, being able to hit from both sides of the spectrum. Once it gets a speed boost, it's deadly. It can even take a hit from the special side, too. Electric typing makes it only weak to Ground, which also comes in handy. So many people think its physical based, then switch in a wall while I nail them with T-Bolt or Flamethrower. If they think I'm physical based and switch in Blissey, Cross Chop hopefully hits. Then bye-bye Blissey. Electivire works great with Gyarados and they make up my offensive core.

---

Toxicity (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
This is my own unique set I think. It's extremely bulky and can take hits from anything, bar an electric attack, but thats where E-Vire comes in. I like switching on a Salamence, then DD as it switches out. I love it when Phazers come in expecting to Roar me, or burn/paralyze me, while I taunt in their faces. Taunt also helps against Skarmory, who likes switching in and spiking me all day. After 1 Dragon Dance, Gyarados is deadly. 2, its GG. For my attacking moves, Water + Rock give great coverage in the OU environment.

---

Bounce! (Heatran) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
I felt the need for a Stealth Rocker, so I thought of a Unique-ish set. I'm really debating Explosion on this set so I can take out Blissey, rather than just taunt it.Anyways, two taunters on a team actually work great for me. I love when Blissey switches in, then I taunt and proceed to set up SR. He works as a supporter/revenger. Unlike the Scarfed set, I have the freedom of picking moves, and not getting walled by that fat whore Blissey. So Explosion for Taunt? Different moveset? Different pokemon? Any suggestions are helpful.

---

Deer Dance (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Celebi is my main bait. It completely destroys Tyrannitar and Scizor. It's Evd to where Grass Knot kills Ttar 100 % of the time with rocks up. Hp Fire destroys scizor easily. Thunder Wave helps my Gyarados sweep, and recover is for better “staying ability.” I think I may want to switch out celebi because it's not giving me as much production as it should. Should I switch to a defensive variant?
Should I replace her?

So this is my team. I'm open to changing anything about it, since I'm new to Smogon. Any help is greatly appreciated and I will talk all criticism into consideration. If I had to drop two pokemon, it'd be Flygon and Celebi so any replacements for them will be extremely helpful to me.
Good Luck Rating!

Starmie absolutely destroys this team. A life orbed ice beam, surf, and tbolt set can hit super effectively for almost your whole team and you'd have to depend on Evire getting the speed boost off a tbolt. Also Mamoswine can hit your whole team if it packs stone edge. I would say add something like Suicune or Vaporeon in place of Evire or Gyara to handle those two.

Yes Im aware of my Starmie weakness, but in a way, they help me sweep. When I switch in Gyara, its an instant T bolt. Then I get a free speed boost and destroy the starmie.

Any reason you use ice punch instead of hidden power ice?
HIdden power ice hits many threats like gliscor, hippowdon, salamence than ice punch does since it strikes on the special side. You also have much more sp attack evs than attack evs

Well I did have Hp Ice, but someone I played told me it was stupid, so I just changed it yesterday. So I guess I'll change it back :D

Electivire is rather easily walled by pokemon like rotom and cresselia so if you insist on using electivire run a pokemon like scizor to take out its counters. Oh btw, if you wanna see some really powerful wall breakers check out salamence and infernape. They could work out instead although you would get stealth rock issues

Hi.

I like your team, but you have some very serious problems with Mamoswine. Mamo is a huge problem simply because of it's Ice Shard, which can give half of your team a beatdown. Earthquake deals with Heatran and Electivire, and Gyarados won't like a Stone Edge especially if your opponent makes you Taunt first.

Another problem is DD Gyarados, who can be a serious threat. It can easily get a DD on your Flygon if it is locked into Earthquake. To solve this problem, I would recommend changing Celebi's set to a more defensive version.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
~Grass Knot
~Earth Power
~Recover
~Thunder Wave

This set is extremely proficient. The EV's ensure that even a TTar's Crunch can't 2HKO you, and Mamoswine's Ice Shard does even less. Grass Knot is your main form of attack, and can 2HKO Gyarados and Mamoswine handily. Earth Power knocks around Heatran switch-ins, especially ScarfTrans that could give your team some trouble. Recover is your recovery move. Thunder Wave is just all around annoying, and it makes Celebi a decent shuffler. It also gives your team a status absorber to go to. As far as other options go, HP Fire could work on this set, but on this team you have enough Scizor coverage as it gets.

Overall nice team, hope I helped.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the subject of what to do with flygon perhapes scarfed latias could take its place. It gives added insurance against a DD Gyrados or Salamence.
Also i scond the notion that your wallbreaker (electivire) be changed. Maybe mixmence or mixape or even a Lucario. I know electivire gets a motor drive boost but it gets walled very easily.

Ill definitely try the Celebi set.
And I like my Electivire. If it gets walled, I switch out.
I don't completely rely on it
=]

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I would suggest swampert over flygon. You could go with an offensive mixpert

swampert @ Leftovers
torrent
brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
252 HP/36 Atk/128 SpA
~Earthquake
~Surf
~Stealth rocks
~Ice beam

This would free up a slot on your heatran, allowing you to use explosion to deal with Blissey, or you could turn heatran into a standard scarf tran, allowing you to revenge kill mamoswine:

heatran @ Choice scarf
flash fire
naive nature (+spd, -sdef)
252 Spa/252 Spd/4 atk
~Hp ice
~Earth Power
~explosion
~Fire blast

hello

this team looks nice, but I do have another suggestion for you anti-lead dragonite.

Dragonite @ lum berry/ quiet/ inner focus
252 Atk, 252 SAtk, 4 Spe

- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Extreme speed

--> I think this works better then the one you are using now. The 6 Spe EV's allows you to outspeed 0 Spe Heatran. IMO Draco Meteor is much better then Dragon Claw.

Hoe this helped!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Just a few nitpicks.

If you're going to be using SR on your Heatran then I think it'd be wise to use Shuca Berry so that you have a better chance of getting SR down each match. And for Celebi I think you should use Life Orb instead of Leftovers and Leaf Storm instead of Grass Knot to guarentee the OHKO on DDTar. Also you may want to think about Bounce instead of Stone Edge on Gyarados, it provides you with amazing coverage and great STAB which allows you to actually do some damage to Starmie and Vaporeon. The chance of paralysis is also nice.

My main reason for Stone Edge was for another Gyara counter. But bounce sounds cool. Btw, thanks everyone so much for the tips :D

I have one main weakness...
And thats the rotom forms.
So, if any can help about those, that'd be appreciated.

i cant help you a lot,but i got some ideas for your team that you might try out,one of then is to put bounce instead of stone edge on gyarados,while at first it may look stupid since you cant hit oposing gyarados anymore,it got some cool selling points for hax paralyze,if you bounce in the time a starmie switch into you,it will go first t-bolt but miss,bounce hit,does damage and with luck it will paralyze,it will probaly t-bolt again and you switch to vire,so you got a +1 vire against a weakned paralyzed starmie,this can also 2hko celebi,what is another good thing,now that i noticed someone already said to test bounce,so i am supporting the idea,also you said that rotom forms kick your ass right? to tell the true i got nothing to help you right now since if i where to replace celebi i would need to find something that stop both rotom and t-tar,if i find something i will edit this comment posting the pokemon,i also agree with the shuca berry on heatran,he NEED to set SR in field,dealing damage is second priority

edit:you got problems with ALL rotoms forms or specific ones? if your problem is 1 or 2 rotoms forms,i might have something

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: volt absorb
EVs: 40 HP/80 Def/136 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic/thunder wave
- Ice Beam/thunder wave

this stop almost all forms that lack HP ground or leaf storm,laturn is also one of the best starmie counter,toxic stall rotom,but thunder wave can stop him and make your team members job more easy to killing him,you can also,but not recomended,replace with ice beam,remember that with no ice beam,salamence can use you has setup bait,lanturn might not be OU,but he deal with lots of OU pokes,this can replace flygon instead of celebi,since you got gyarados and celebi to take ground moves and grass moves are almost never used in OU,barring grass knot,that only got 40 power against lanturn,the speed evs are replaced to defense so that this might also stop mixmence(and other physical sweepers/moves),while he is not exactly a problem for your team,he he can hurt to a significant amount,and FOR GOD DAMN SAKE DUDE,i dont care about nidoking,MAKE THAT ELECTIVIRE MALE! i cant take a female vire,its just....ohh....i am felling sick...

With my Swampert addition, every Rotom form is covered, aside from Rotom C (the one with leaf storm, not sure which one)

With my Swampert addition, every Rotom form is covered, aside from Rotom C (the one with leaf storm, not sure which one)
well the rmt is not updated with swampert so i had no way to know,but how exactly swampert stop the rotom forms? sure he walls most of then,but he really cant damage then a lot has well....anyways,sorry for this

Ill definitely try the Celebi set.
And I like my Electivire. If it gets walled, I switch out.

Good thing you said that, cause now I don't have to repeat it.

I like your sets, and as to the Ice Punch vs. HP Ice matter...Ice Punch is almost always superior, IMO. HP Ice does less on Gliscor (assuming he has Yache Berry, or else they both OHKO him), while it does more on Hippowdon. I, myself, prefer Ice Punch because coming off of 123 base ATK as opposed to 95 base SATK is a significant difference and I realized that a while ago. I understand that the only reason MixVire is mixed is to break walls, namely Blissey, which is taken care of by Cross Chop, thus eliminating the need for other physical attacks, right? If you believe so, then lets also consider the 5 BP difference between max HP Ice vs. Ice Punch, and the IV drops of HP Ice (I never liked Hidden Powers because of that). Sure, the EVs seem stupid (for mine it's 68ATK/220SATK/220SPE), but Latias who would otherwise wall you like no tomorrow is easily dealth with by Ice Punch, while HP Ice would do virtually nothing thanks to her base SPD. It really depends if you want to give a little extra power for some more "coverage", if you will, or if you'd like to be a Blissey-breaker with 3 special attacks, which makes you look like good bait for Blissey to switch in if you conceal Cross Chop.

Also, for a little enlightenment, Earthquake is definitely viable on MixVires, for Cross Chop, that is. You have a trouble with Blissey, but you can hit everything you could before with Cross Chop just as hard (bar Tyranitar) and with 100 accuracy instead of the shaky 80 of Cross Chop. Just a suggestion, as it is viable and has worked for me on my other Electivire (who runs 80ATK/188SATK/220SPE, as Earthquake becomes more important and reliable as a spammable move, as opposed to Cross Chop, and the extra ATK EVs powering it up give better chances a OHKOing some pokemon). Anyways, enough about my favorite pkemon in the whole world. Let's talk weaknesses.

x4 Ice vs. Flygon, x4 Ice vs. Dragonite, x4 Electric vs. Gyarados, x4 Ground vs. Heatran, x4 Bug vs. Celebi. This grows to be a problem. If Electivire's dead, you're on your toes, wishing they don't have an Ice attack with Flygon out, or Electric when Gyarados is out, or Scizor out when Celebi is out (OHKO on switch out, anyone?). This is ironic (to me lol) that MixVire rapes your team without your MixVire around. Ice Punch/HP Ice OHKOs both dragons, Flamethrower rarely OHKOs Celebi if I'm not mistaken, and Cross Chop/Earthquake doesn't let Heatran Earth Power back, and the last and simplest: Gyarados is annihilated by Thunderbolt there is no exception unless you use that berry that cuts super-effective in half for Electric (too lazy to look it up). So, in a way, you do rely on Electivire to take some hits your team other wise couldn't, but on the offenive you don't rely on him. I suggest any Rotom form in turn for a position on your team. Flygon should be replaced, if not Dragonite, because 2 x4 Ice weaknesses and the omnipresence of Ice Beam/HP Ice it outrageous. Just a suggestion.

Hope that helped.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi please try swampert as he may do very well and yeah the above ice weakness is why I said swampert not flygon.
You realise that if swampert goes into your team you can use the stealth rock on it and then free up moveslots on heatran eg ScarfedTran.
And on Kumars post, yeah the weaknesses look bad but you are missing the resistances. Electric Attacks are walled by flygon, Celebi and Heatran complement each other, Dragonite takes ground attacks and Bug and Ice attacks are taken by Heatran. Heatran can also handle most rotom forms eg Rotom H
And while swampert cannot deal super effective hits on rotom hew can still hit them hard.

CHANGES
--Draco Meteor for Dragon Claw
--Scarf Tran
--Mixpert
--Bulky Celebi
--Bounce over Stone Edge on Gyara :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)