XY OU Teh fgts dat nevr die.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Also, as a more minor suggestion, have you considered Hidden Power Fire over EQ on Venusaur? You get the jump on Ferrothorn and Skarmory, which are much more threatening than Heatran (which can be dealt with Chansey or Quag) You still hit Mega Mawile pretty hard too, so you won't lose out on that end.
[/quote]

I agree w/ this man 100%, or ferrothorn would just annoy the hell out of you. Or give Gengar HP fire/focus blast for it.

Used this team (btw, your importable file sucks) and got a semi-funny replay out of it:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-119063323
There was nothing funny about that replay other than you trying to toxic a steel-type and letting Krookodile die to Ludicolo when you have a Mega Venusaur that can eat whatever Ludicolo wants to do and proceed to kill it. Sending in Gengar right after Krookodile dies just to give your opponent a 5-4 lead was also a really good play on your part. You Sludge Bombing a Mega Scizor on Turn 13 shows how "good" you are too.

On to the rate itself, firstly I think you should run at 112 hp evs on Gengar so 0ev Mega Venusaur can't touch even break your sub bar hp fire, and even then you can WoW and cripple it. I don't think you need all that speed evs (although opposing Gengar can be problematic), I think just outrunning base 100s should be enough. Your team handles Heatran pretty well too so HP Fire might be better than EQ.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Nice team, but shouldn't Krookodile run enough speed to outrun Bisharp so a +1 / +3 Iron Head doesn't fuck it over? (And before you say you have a Quagsire, all it takes is a Grass Knot Bisharp and then everything dies, except maybe WoW Gengar I'll admit, but it still can't switch in. I'm sure the extra insurance would be greatly appreciated, especially considering how frail Gengar is.) You only need about 80 Spe EVs to outrun Bisharp, although zero speed investment is required on a Jolly-natured Krookodile. (This makes Taunt a lot more efficient against other stall teams as well.)

Personally Toxic over Heal Bell on Chansey -- I've only seen Heal Bell Chansey work well when paired with Mega-RestTalk Garchomp, as besides from hax-overload, spreading Toxic status (or Thunder Wave to stop sweepers and take some pressure of Quags) is usually going to be more useful.

I'd use Haze Quagsire and not Yawn because of Baton Pass, since they pretty much do the same thing (only with Yawn, and the opponent gets the advantage of sleep foddering whatever they wish -- mind you, you put SOMETHING to sleep, but the point still stands where Haze is slightly more efficient.)

Please note I don't play stall often, so I'm not the most qualified person for this. (Just because I understand how stall plays doesn't mean I understand the nit-picky stuff as much, which as kinda what this rate is.) Regardless, I'm glad to be seeing a unique stall team (I usually see the one you had in the first Teambuilding process 24/7, lol).

By the way, I'd like to stress how Manaphy weak you are when Chansey isn't running Toxic or Thunder Wave -- Manaphy at +6 wins hands down. You really can't afford not to run a status move on it, really. Otherwise you are REALLY hard pressed to keep Venusaur 100% healthy the entire game.

(Also I could swear I ran into this team before it was RMTd, but it wasn't the alt you advertised so I'm assuming this team has lost on another alt since I know for sure I beat this team -- Analytic Starmie pretty much won me the game, and I think bulky Mega DD ZardX easily set up on the Gengar, too, since you only have Quags for that (and I was running Taunt Bisharp on that team, so I stunted its Recover iirc). I'm not telling you what alt on Showdown I am though since it's not too important, lol, just felt like pointing it out.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the more recent posts. And, like I've said, the only reason I have EQ on Venu is to prevent Tran from grabbing free turns for setting Rocks and whatnot. It's just a lot harder to manage than Ferrothorn.

Great suggestion for Krookodile, Shurtugal, I have lost to Grass Knot Bisharp by the way :|
The only reason Haze is on there is for the ladder, where BP is common. Elsewhere Yawn is better and prevents free turns yadayada

I've never had a problem keeping Venusaur healthy for Manaphy, but I can't tell you how many matches I've lost to Manaphy getting a +6 Freeze or Crit.. I'd love to have Toxic on Chansey, but the team really needs Heal Bell, because of how slow it plays you're bound to be bombarded by Status. And with Keldeo spamming Scald on Venuaur, a Cleric is really needed to keep Venusaur at a good HP so that Keldeo doesn't push through so quickly.

(I don't remember losing to Analytic Starmie, I'd probably remember that, but I have been giving out this version of the team for some time. So perhaps it was someone else? Or just me spamming matches.. I've laddered on so many alts with this team, dropping and forfeit spamming each of them after only two losses.)

Edit: Fixed the importable.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I'm Completely new to stall so please excuse me if some of the questions sounds noobish.

you mentioned in your description that the point of the team is to keep rocks up and eventually something will give. if that's the case is it not very risky to only have one hazard setter?

On the same train of thought, would it not work to have Skarmory as a second hazard setter:

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost - Defog - Stealth Rock/Spikes - Counter.

I'm not sure if this helps but please ignore me if this is not constructive.

how do you not keel over in the face of lando (chansey barely counts because it is wrecked by pursuit or cm or knock off, seriously wondering)?
I'm assuming prediction between Chansey and Gengar; after a Seismic Toss and Stealth Rock, Gengar can switch in to Lando's Focus Blast and has a chance to KO with Shadow Ball, but that's fairly situational. Overall that's my guess though, play well with the blob and Gengar.

Here's a thought. I've tried Crawdaunt before with Life Orb and Knock Off, Crabhammer, and Aqua Jet. If Crawdaunt comes in after Chansey causes one of my Pokemon to faint. I can send in Crawdaunt and proceed with Knock Off. Crawdaunt can 2HKO any member on this team and wreck havoc if Mega Venusaur isn't evolved or healthy.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Here's a thought. I've tried Crawdaunt before with Life Orb and Knock Off, Crabhammer, and Aqua Jet. If Crawdaunt comes in after Chansey causes one of my Pokemon to faint. I can send in Crawdaunt and proceed with Knock Off. Crawdaunt can 2HKO any member on this team and wreck havoc if Mega Venusaur isn't evolved or healthy.
TFL is running the only Pokemon in existence that can truly "wall" Crawdaunt by using Mega Venusaur:
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

TFL is running the only Pokemon in existence that can truly "wall" Crawdaunt by using Mega Venusaur:
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
Toxicroak walls Crawdaunt:

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 244 HP / 120 Def Toxicroak: 172-203 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

OHKO'd and compensated for with Drain Punch. Outspeeds, and Crawdaunt's priority is counterproductive in this scenario.

This is straying away from the point, though. He doesn't have a Crawdaunt weakness.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
crunch actually 2hkoes. craw is good against stall you sorta have to accept that but tfl can play around it kinda with gar.

This is a really sucky and annoying proposition but on the aegislash variants of the team (for lati@s) going Blissey over Chansey (I can't believe I'm saying this...) will help with knock off landorus-I. Also, sometimes you could consider putting pursuit on Krookodile for gothitelle, but w/e.

Why do you run 252 HP on your mons instead of 248?

Good team ofc, very nice, but starting to tend towards semistall THE HORROR

Last edited:
Hello All,

I tried this team with a Sableye in place of Gengar and it worked out quite well, see set below:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Prankster
Ev: 252 Def 252 HP 4 SDEF

-Will o Wisp
-Taunt
-Recover
-Knock off

Sableyes typing is fantastic and also has a great immunity to psychic, fighting and Normal types. its only weakness in Fairies can be covered by Venusaur or Chansey in case of Special attacks.

I like it over Gengar because it has prankster, and priority taunt and will o wisp does give the team a second wind if a mistake was made. while knock off can cripple a lot of would be walls, and priority recover ensures that sableye can function as a stall in a pinch.

Also how do you deal with Togekiss and its paraflinch?

Last edited:
Hi! I was wondering, isn't it handy to have a thunder wave on Chansey instead of either softboiled or wish? If you play your cards right you can receive your own wish.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
killingj0k3 said:
Also how do you deal with Togekiss and its paraflinch?
It's paraflinch for crying out loud. It's luck based, so you either get lucky or you don't. There's honestly no point in trying to have a dedicated paraflinch counter.

It's paraflinch for crying out loud. It's luck based, so you either get lucky or you don't. There's honestly no point in trying to have a dedicated paraflinch counter.
That and Togekiss is relatively uncommon so there's no point in trying to counter it.
BTW: is that Yveltal thing a hack or something

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
MagikarpIsOP said:
BTW: is that Yveltal thing a hack or something
It's photoshop I think. Still funny tho lol

wow i can't believe someone actually bothered to click on the links in my sig

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)