The best team I've ever made :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Well, while the title tries to say a lot, my team doesn't really astonish most, but I like it and I've won more battles with this team than my previous one, so hey. I'm looking for suggestions and other things I can do to make this team a bit better. So, here are the pokes:

Vaporeon (F) @ Choice Specs ** Shandra
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Def / 170 Spd / 88 SAtk / 84 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Surf

The EVs look like crap, but she can take a hit and dish one out too. I love catching Swamperts and other leads like that off guard. Surf is extremely strong and her main form of attack (usually KOing Scizor and having a chance to KO anything that's not Blissey, Cresselia, a Water or Grass Type or a Water Absorb User). I usually don't switch her out unless I need to change the move or I come in on something like Zapdos (Jolteon is too strong). Then, I switch to Metagross.

Gengar (F) @ Salac Berry ** Layla
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 66 Def / 168 Spd / 96 SAtk / 96 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Meh. More of an absorber of Explosions than really useful.

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash ** Leon
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 68 Atk / 190 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Copy and pasted straight from Smogon, with FS instead of LO for longevity. He has the potential to stop sweepers, though he fails more often than succeeds.

Salamence (F) @ Lum Berry ** LaTonya
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 64 Atk / 68 Def / 154 Spd / 140 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Standard physical sweeper. EVs are to try to protect against Ice Beam, which sometimes fails to KO without SR, SandStorm, or Hail in play, allowing me to potentially kill or sweep the offender. I value accuracy and reliability over power, which is why I use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage or Dragon Rush and Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge (the flinch chance is nice too).

Metagross @ Leftovers ** Aegis
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Polish

Aligigross again. Love this thing; one of the most useful members on my team next to Vaporeon. If it gets a boost from Meteor Mash, it is nigh unstoppable after a Rock Polish. Hammer Arm is there mainly for Tyrannitar, Weavile, and Blissey, plus the Speed drop can be useful in the even Trick Room is in play.

Alakazam (M) @ Expert Belt ** Jamari
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 85 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spd / 84 SAtk / 85 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

I love him, but sadly he's one of the less useful members on my team. I could change EVs or the Pokemon, but I really like my Alakazam and need some advice on how to make him better. I want him to last too.

So, there's my team. What do you think? Comment, rate, offer constructive criticism, etc. Since my playstyle is "Hit 'em first, and hit 'em hard", I really have trouble using defensive Pokemon or strategies; that's why they're mostly sweepers in my team. But, if you think a defensive Pokemon would help in the place of Gengar, then by all means offer it. Thank you all, and I hope to hear from you all soon. :)

haunter

Banned deucer.
You posted a RMT thread just yesterday, so I'm going to lock this under rule 13:

RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
PM me between 2 weeks and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)