The Black Thunder

Team Preview

Blazing here again with another RMT. This time around I focused around supporting the major bastard known as Kyurem-Black. Why? He needs the love. XD Nah just kidding...mostly. Kyurem-B is a monster, and for good reason too. His stats are Uber tiered and while he doesn't have the best movepool he has the tools to get the job done. So without further ado let's look at the team.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

The lead of my team. Dexoys-S' job is simple: get Stealth Rocks onto the field and mess with stallers with the combination of Magic Coat and Taunt. Why do I run these two moves together? Pranksters. Taunt isn't fast enough to deal with them and I end up getting a status on Dexoys-S that I don't want or an entry hazard that Kyurem-B doesn't want. Fire Punch rounds off the set by hitting Steel types for super effective damage as well as preventing Dexoys-S from becoming Taunt bait.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Thanks to Srn9130's suggestion, I now have a solution to Aegislash. Enter Mandibuzz, the dark/flying tank. She provides my team with much needed support against stallers and what now and also provides Defog support, which is crucial to ensuring that Kyurem-B doesn't have to worry about any entry hazards. Knock Off also allows me to mess with teams by knocking off their items (save for Mega Stones). It also does decent damage thanks to the power boost it received.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 164 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 14 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

The onion fairy makes its appearance as my second tank/supporter of the team. Celebi focuses on its Special Defense with a little bit of defense added to take U-Turns. The set is pretty simple: Giga Drain is a reliable STAB that also heals Celebi while Recover gives it further health recovery. Leech Seed furthers its recovery rate even more as well as cripples a lot of threats. Thunder Wave finishes off the set to cripple sweepers and allow Kyurem-B to outspeed and destroy them. Oh, and the reason for the 14 Atk IVs? Those were the lowest I could get them on Celebi ingame. :/

@ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 20 HP / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam

While Gengar is considered one of the best trappers and sweepers in the game (to the point of being downright broken) I couldn't help but feel some love for Gardevoir and her Mega Evolution. Having a 165 Base Special Attack stat backed up by a 117 STAB move is nothing to laugh at either. I put a small amount of EVs in HP to give Gardevoir a little bulk, though whether it helps or not I've yet to see. Psyshock and Thunderbolt round off the coverage by taking out threats weak to them as well as dealing with special walls that Kyurem-B might have problems with. Hyper Beam finishes off the set as a last resort move. The trick with Hyper Beam is to use it on something that could potentially sweep my entire team. With that out of the way, Mega-Gardevoir frees up space for Kyurem-B to clean up whatever mess the recharge time brings. Also, it's not something you'd want to switch to. It will definitely be denting (if not KOing) a lot of threats.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Here he is. The star of the show. Kyurem-B is such a monster with those stats and moves, but I already explained that part. Yes he's a specially based Mixed Attacker, because I was told that was the best option for him. After all, who wouldn't want to see walls go down easily? Anyway, his EV spread is an altered set from B/W with a Hasty nature chosen to give him as much speed as possible while adding a little HP EVs to give him some much needed bulk. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory: Fusion Bolt acts as the physical attack and hits special walls for a lot of damage despite the lack of attack investment. Roost is there to keep Kyurem-B healthy as well as recover from Life Orb recoil as without it Kyurem-B will be biting the dust all too soon. Ice Beam and Earth Power round off the set as the big guy's special attacks and hit tremendously hard severely denting (if not OHKOing) all threats.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

And here we have Scizor, the last member of the team. He's what I consider Kyurem-B's sidekick. His job is to either take the big bosses' place should he fall, or revenge kill faster threats that the big guy can't afford to take on. Scizor has great synergy with Kyurem-B as it can take on threats the big boss can't handle. Likewise, Kyurem-B can handle threats that Scizor cannot. I went with a Choice Band set as I felt Scizor worked best with this set, especially since my mega slot was already taken. The power from Bullet Punch really does wonders, and the rest of the moves are there for coverage.
Well there's my team. As always please leave comments and recommendations. I felt that I've only scratched the surface of this team.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
This is a pretty good team, but I can see some flaws in it too.
First off, it is very weak to mixed aegislash. You have no ghost resist and once aegislash is in, it will probably kill something or weaken your main sweeper, which is not good.
You don't have much for talonflame, which is quite an easy problem to fix, but no solid check that can survive late-game really exists on this team in my eyes.
I'm also personally against swords dance excadrill outside of sand. You have no sticky web and no sand, and excadrill is NOT that fast. You're relying on your celebi's t-wave support a little too much.
What I would do to fix both of these problems is instead of a deo-d, put in a Mandibuzz
Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Impish Nature
- Foul Play/Knock Off/Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic/Taunt

This set, while forcing you to replace swords dance on excadrill with stealth rock, will really patch up your aegislash and overall ghost weakness. As for your offensive move, Knock off is the preferred choice, but if Foul play or brave bird suits your fancy, so be it. Roost and Whirlwind are more or less mandatory, and the last slot can go to toxic stuff or taunt, which in my experience, allows it to completely shit on stall. 136 speed evs allow it to jolly max speed scizor so you can knock off its item first, but feel free to shift the speed to defense or what not.

You need to watch out for some faster threats, but I think this team capitalizes on kyu-b very nicely!
Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)