ORAS RU The Divine Suicide of K. (Peaked #1 and reqs, perfect streak)

Here we go, hi Smogon, this should be my second RMT here (when I posted the first one there was still the luviscs system zzz) so be merciful. I'm posting this rmt because it's been a while since i decided to try my best getting reqs with with an unbeaten winning streak, I know it's not all that difficult to peak a suspect ladder but this is the achieve of a personal objective and so I am happy for it (also, this is not the alt I posted on the Identification Thread because is an alt I used after for testing out this team).​

Teambuilding Process:
I know this may sounds as an unconventional building phase, but I am not all that great builder and I prefer a more empirical way to build teams. Well, I started out from Specs Meloetta, I always thought it was a powerful pokemon in this tier, with wonderful wallbreaking capabilities and a good speed tier, but somehow I don't use it so much.

The initial core was Meloetta+Blastoise+Diancie, I found out that these three work wonderfully together, Diancie beats almost every dark types that Meloetta fears so much (mainly Spiritomb because of its immunity to both stabs) while offering Stealth Rock and Heal Bell support, while Blastoise is here mainly for Steel and Rock Pokemons that can switch into Meloetta and Diancie moves and for spinning support, also was my main Durant check.

I was a little scared about DDance Scrafty, but I wanted to try something new (for me at least) as a check, Gurdurr was the choice, it worked out great and it also gave a bulky offense print to the team, also thanks to his naturally defensive bulkyness helps Blastoise dealing with physical threaths

Offensive Venusaur was the next natural choice, I needed something great against bulky grass and water Pokemons that could in someway wall Meloetta and keep advantage of Blastoise and Diancie.

Also Flygon was almost a natural choice for this team, his great type and Levitate grants him some crucial resistances and the ground immunity that I was missing, also his revengekiller's capabilities were really appreciated.

Team in Detail:

Kezia (Meloetta)
@

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

I think this is a pretty standard set (I'm not using 0 atk IVs because the damage coming out from U-Turn can be pretty nice here and there, and foul play/confusion moves are not all that common in the tier), and this is my prefered setup for Specs Meloetta: I prefer to run timid nature because it outspeeds pretty important threaths (base 80 speed with favorable nature mostly) even if I lose some wallbreaking power. I'm not running Focus Blast actually, I usually avoid low accuracy moves when I can, also I think that Shadow Ball and U-Turn give me more reliability than Focus Blast does (Shadow Ball hits for at least neutral damage all that's resisted by Hyper Voice, while U-Turn let me switch to a proper teammate if a check is coming in).

Anima e Ghiaccio (Blastoise) (M) @

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

This guy is so though, it has excelent mixed defenses and has a decent offensive presence thanks to Scald that can burn checks. Toxic and Rapid Spin are somehow mandatory for Blastoise (Toxic give troubles to other Water types, while the spin is the reason why I choose him x)) , I had some doubts about the last moveslot, Refresh and Foresight were both good options, though I don't think that this teams suffers too much SR pressure (a bit weaker at spikes), so not spinning on ghosts was not all that troublesome, also I had Diancie Beller so I choose Protect to gain some more recovery from lefties/chip damage from toxic/burn and to help me against HJK users that can be painful for my team (Medicham especially)

Diamond Eyes (Diancie) @

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Beller and rocker of the team, I used a Specially Defensive spread to better tank Special Sweeper (mainly psychics and Exploud), also because of its high base defenses and fairy is pretty good even at dueling some fighting Pokemons. It also helps me pressures Flying Pokemons that are otherwise troublesome for my team.

Altered State (Gurdurr) (M) @

Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

It's the first time that I use this guy in my buildings and I have to admit that he helped me sealing a lot fo games; there are a lot things I like of this guy: the fact he can eat up status without worrying so much, that he is tanky as hell (mainly on the pyshical side), that he can keep an enormous pressure on enemy team by knocking off items and so on. Also is a wincon himself and the opponent needs always to be alert to don't weaken too much his psychic/fairy mons. Priority also is pretty good at revengekilling weakened pokemons without locking with Flygon and helps to seal games against faster teams if I manage to get enough boosts from Bulk Up.

Toxicity (Venusaur) (F) @

Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

I've been loving this pokemon since he dropped, it has enormous offensive capabilities and really fews good counter (most of them are just not so good offensively speaking and let other members of my team to freely switchins), while most of the checks are afraid of Sludge Bomb poison rate or don't have reliable recovery to constantly checking Saur. I used one of my prefered setup for Saur, with recovery (needed to constantly checks grass and water pokemons) and reliable moves (nothing against Leaf Storm but it's clearly not the move to just "spam without consequences", also not a huge fan of Sleep Powder, and if you want recovery you must sacrifice something). Overgrow>Clorophyll because I prefer to have a boost on Giga Drain when I'm low that a speed boost when I rarely meet Sunny Day user.

One (Flygon) (M) @

Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Scarfer and revengekiller of my team, initially I tried a special offensive defogger version, then I changed to the scarf variant because I thought that hazard control was ok with Blastoise, while I needed a fast pokemon to actually revengekill some dangerous threats. I preferred an Adamant nature because it hits pretty hard while scarfed adamant 100 base speed is still a good speed point. The set is pretty standard aside from Aerial Ace (I can't see a lot of useful moves on the fourth slot though), it can seems a bit odd but it's probably my best way to deal with SD Virizion, in ladder it baited every single Virizion I encountered, I guess is not so great if the opponent actually scouts it, but well for me worked (also Virizion usually enters on Blastoise that can achieve the chip damage that Flygon needs to ensure a clear OHKO).
252+ Atk Flygon Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Virizion: 316-372 (97.8 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Threatlist:
-Venusaur: Pretty annoying, usually I try to beat them with mine venusaur, or I threaten them with Meloetta, but somes runs knock off, also is not so nice to take a SBomb+Poison on the face, also Flygon can help here.
-Medicham: Scarfed is annoying as hell, I don't really have a check to it, depending on the move its locked on, Blastoise and Meloetta can deal with it, Flygon can revengekill it.
-Braviary: bulk-up version is pretty annoying, can ppstall Diancie that's usually my switch-in to Braviary while being threatening for the rest of the team, Meloetta is pretty decent against him though, because of hyper voice going beyond the sub.
-Rotom-s: another "annoying" mons, can spam burns and just vswitch on Diancie, Meloetta is pretty decent against it, but I need to be careful if its paired with Spiritomb

Maybe more, these are the ones that gave me more problems while laddering,,

Peak:

Thank you all for reading the whole thing and sorry for my bad english, please leave suggestions if you want, I'll be glad to read them n_n

I wanna thanks some friends of mine before ending this, -Snow Hiatu toxigen734 King Sun Laroxyl for supporting me during the run and helping me writing this down and Lavenderkarp for being a mememaster also want to thanks H.M.N.I.P for helping me with nicknames (they are all names of some enojoyable musical albums :])

ETT:
Kezia (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Anima e Ghiaccio (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Diamond Eyes (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Altered State (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Toxicity (Venusaur) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

One (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Last edited:
yo

it's kinda cool to see an rmt like this, given these types of diancie / venu / bulky water centric balances have almost become archetypal and this showcases it pretty nicely. the addition of gurdurr is a nice touch as well, given it is also a 'mon that's been on the rise of late. that said, i am at odds w/a few aspects of this team. a particular stand-out is that, in utilizing what really is really a set a fairly slow offensive 'mons as your speedier facets in conjunction w/no steel or pursuiter, opposing psychics stand as pretty grievous issues, particularly sigilyph (who can def be teching dark pulse in this meta, and whom diancie can only check for so long switching into a psychic or even eball) and melo / hoopa to a lesser extent. another somewhat overlapping issue w/these would ofc be the fight-weak that manifest from running an uninvested venu + softchecks to handle, and w/virizion being the most accessible i can tell you understand this as well, a la ace scarfgon. as something of a more personal concern, i tend to dislike the lack of offensive cohesion here, as in spite of being the prototypical balance w/a more aggro, typing-based beater or two + conservative booster, there isn't really any aspect that lends that booster to sweeping. nothing here feels as though it is setting gurdurr up to end-game outside of hoping the dude either has a team similar to yours and therefore can get punished by having their venu knocked and scalded, or simply having their fairy eat a sludge bomb b.c they have no alternative.

anyway, i feel like meloetta is a sub-standard pick for this team; i kinda get where you came from in the initial stages of the team, but it feels very much like it strayed away from something that capitalizes on melo's presence, and i feel something with more speed and stifling power would be more appropriate here. to that end i might be considering pursuit sneasel, which does a few things for you, namely removing ghosts and psychics capably and more aptly pressures fight resists for gurdurr. mind you this'd be opening up select fight weaks moreso than before (particularly in the case of 'mons like lee and lo cham), but i find it does far more bad than good here.

in doing this, i'd also give consideration to amoonguss > venu here; as a matter of sustainability, i really do not think venu holds up trying to play some kinda defensive role on a team like this, and having something w/less support-reliant longevity seems like it'd do wonders here. it would certainly help sustain the team better against fighters, ensuring the chip needed to keep virizion better under wraps and hard walling gurdurrs and lees, etc. the lack of more aggro exploitation of a diancie or bulky water doesn't feel all too necessary here, given the type of team we're looking at here.

mind you, this isn't gonna be helping w/lo / cb cham unfortunately, but i'm really not seeing a fix for that w/o some more major reworking. maybe that's just rust on my end haha, idk. regardless, hope i was of some help, and gl in the future.

heya, sorry for the late answer but I got a bit busy lately, I'm glad to see a feedback though :]

Yea, you are right, psychic mons are actually really threatening for my team if they are packing a dark move, even if I can work it around with Melo and Diancie (and on a minor extend with Flygon being a potential revenge killer) I will often come to greedy situations, though its someway playable I think, mostly because psychic don't usually have a lot of way to recover off damages and so they can't really switch-in freely so easily (even a scald burn can be really painful if my opponent wants to pressure me with a Meloetta or Hoopa); Sigilyph instead is a lot more threatening, having magic guard+roost means that he can remain healthy during the match and have a lot more switchin opportunities, also outspeeds Meloetta unlike other psychics, that's pretty annoying if it's carrying Dark Pulse, limiting Meloetta switchin potential (I've been lucky enough to don't find any DPulse but it's a legit move in this Hoopa meta), so I'll surely try your suggestion to try a pursuitter as soon as I can (Sneasel is great with his high speed and Ice stab, but I was also thinking about Spiritomb, I think it can be a nice compromise between a pursuitter and a Medicham/Hitmonlee check, even though I don't like Spiritomb a lot in this metagame, and I think it can make my team weaker to offensive grass mons, mostly Venusaur and Virizion).

I'm not all that sure about Amoonguss, I don't like the fact that it loses 1v1 against Venusaur (even if Synthesis are someway stallable), also I don't like it's poor offensive presence (though spore is great) and the fact that is not all that great against Virizion (yeah I know Aerial Ace Flygon is a weak way to deal with Virizion x) ) because +2 zen actually deals a lot of damages, also I think that I have yet reliable way to deal with fightings (bar Medicham); as you said Amoonguss is intended to work in pair with Sneasel so I'll try it out with him.

Just to sum it up, thank you for suggestions, I'll try it out and let you know, and, what you think about as Spiritomb as Fighting Check and Pursuitter?

tehy

Banned deucer.
i was about to say actually : if you're using pursuit sneasel, why not pursuit spiritomb? will-o-wisp definitely pressure fairies, especially if you can get rocks up and knock off their item (also you have Venusaur for that), and psychic-types are super-pressured by it, it can do OK against poison-types and ghost-types as well and that's all the fighting resists so yeah. this definitely fixes any issues you have with medicham, other fighting and psychic types too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)