The Horrifically Bad Movie Challenge + Discussion

For all you masochists out there.

The challenge is very simple. Anyone who participates is going to watch at least one horribly bad movie a week. No, not so-bad-it's-good movies, I'm talking so-bad-your-brain-melts bad. Manos the Hands of Fate level of bad. Which, incidentally, is this week's challenge.

If a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode or Rifftrax of a selected movie exists you may not use it to ease the pain.

I'll be taking any suggestions for next week's challenge, so if you think of something feel free to mention it.

Ranting is encouraged.

Edit: Since the thread has obviously taken a more conversational tone, feel free to just unload on movies you
hate.

#hands is now open for movie discussion.

I'll take that challenge. I've been meaning to see more movies anyway.

If you haven't seen The Last Airbender yet, that's a topical shitty movie to see, as it just swept the Razzies. It is very likely the worst movie I've ever seen, and not in an amusing way. It was just fucking rancid in every way imaginable. And I hadn't seen any of the original show before I saw the movie, so it's not like I had high expectations or anything. Even without being dissapointed as a fan, I was dissapointed as a moviegoer and as a human being. Probably the worst thing about it for me was the pacing -- you try to cram an entire season's worth of plot into a film, paying attention to certain events and neglecting others, and you get a tempo that's sluggish one moment and blistering the next. And then there's the actors -- I've seen more emotive performances from a box of fucking bran flakes. But the thing that pissed me off the most, was that usually you go into a movie like this and be like, "Well, at least the special effects were cool." Not with this one; the 'bending' effects looked like they were flat projections with no depth. Fucking unbelievable, where did the budget go if not to the special effects? Was it the 3-D post conversion? Speaking of 3D, I'm not one to pile the hate on 3D movies - sure, I liked Avatar - but like everything else in this film, the 3D was a mess, even for post-conversion standards.

TL;DR, The Last Airbender is a turd, go see it.

I spose watching Troll 2 is an obligation. I also heartily jump on board with The Room recommendation. Also if people can ever find it Max Magician and the Legend of the Rings is a terrible terrible terrible movie.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
the room is great

but meet bill is the worst romantic comedy ever oh my god

maybe all about steve

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am like the king of bad movies.

Although most of the ones I watch are so bad they're funny. By the sound of it that is against the rules, though, and thus Troll 2 should be banned. It is extremely terrible, but also hilarious because it tries to take itself seriously.

I think anything reviewed by Something Awful should be banned since they've put hilarious spins on a lot of movies that would otherwise be brutal.

I liked Jumper.

If anyone can sit through as many Barbie movies as I was made to when I was forced to "spend time" with my baby sisters I will be impressed. My last count was 7 or 8. Add to that being forced to 100% complete two bratz video games to "help" them and also watch numerous other crappy movies like Polly Pocket Movie, Dora and Bratz.

If anyone can equal that I will eat an uncooked Maggyo.

The challenge has been issued.

My god I hate my step mum.

One of my guy friends coerced me into watching The Hottie and the Nottie one time. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, because I had never heard of this movie before, and I didn't know the plot or who was in it or anything. It was just so incredibly bad that neither of us could sit through it. The star was Paris Hilton... 'nuff said.

Also, Ducklett Stare's suggestion of The Last Airbender is definitely fitting for this challenge. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Legally Blonde 2 was horrific, as well, but that might fall into the "so bad you can laugh at it" category. I'm not sure.

Watch one of the Lord of the Flies movies
I recommend the new one.
I FREAKING DARE YOU. Especially if youve read the book, it will be a awkwardly horriblistic antifanatical movie ever

Dragon Ball Revolution is the worst movie to have ever been made, it's guaranteed to cause severe mental trauma.
I think I remember that one. iirc that was around the time my head exploded and I died for the first time.

Coincedence? I Think Not.

I challenge you all to watch "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as a suggestion. No, I don't care that Bela Lugosi was involved partly, this movie was all-around painfully bad.

Dragon Ball evolution was indeed truly awful, on sooo many levels.
They could have, at the very least, used something more similar to the actual plot...

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
iirc you enjoyed that avatar film so....
I also enjoyed The Room but my main point to contend is that The Last Airbender is not even by a wide margin one of the worst movies ever made. It wasn't the worst Shamylan movie, or the worst movie released that weekend.

And no, Jumper is that bad.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not going to do this (no way . . .)

but for those of you who are . . . just pray you don't eventually get:

Dragon Ball Evolution

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I once watched a movie so transcendentally bad, it's actually unwatchable even ironically. I am almost certain it would be impossible for anyone to watch it and have any positive feeling towards it whatsoever.

I could watch the room or dragonball evolution and enjoy myself, laughing at how godawful these movies are. This isnt possible in this case.

Like, if you had asked me before I saw this, I would have thought that there was basically a limit to how bad a movie could be. That basically worst case scenario, it plays in the background and you pay it no attention, and that's as bad an experience as you can hope for. But, that was before I encountered Freddie Got Fingered.

This movie marked the point in my life where I decided that from that day forward I will start walking out on things. I am pretty embarrassed to this day by the fact that I somehow stuck this movie out til the end. Stopping watching shit movies just wasnt really a part of my repertoire of responses at the time.

It is supposed to be cringe inducing grossness and crapness, but it isnt even that. Even in 2001 this movie was tame in comparison to what every idiot with google had seen on the internet a million times. It's just a guy beating off animals and abusing babies. Even if you want shock cinema, this is just bland. It's a complete and utter failure in every respect.

No matter how bad any of the supposed "worst movies ever made" I have met have been, none of them come close to the godawfulness of Freddie Got Fingered.

If you really want punishment in movie form, this is it. But be warned. It isnt bad in any good way. Dont watch this movie. It is that bad.

Have a nice day.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok here is my example, to give you an idea what I am saying.

Like, the other day, I was at a party and someone was telling offensive jokes right. And I am not sure these were the exact examples, but this was the idea.

Person A: "Ok here is a joke - how do you make a ten year old cry a second time? wipe your bloody dick off on her face"
Person B: "oh I have an even better one - " actually I cant remember the joke but it was something about having sex with a baby and you hear the ribs crack or something..

The point was, this joke was supposedly more offensive, but it really wasnt. It's just the same joke only more violent and with a younger victim. Which pretty much makes it not work any more.

I mean like, I have in the past looked at a person at a distance and though "hey she looks cute" and then gotten closer and realised she is like 11 or something. I have never seen a baby and thought "you know what...." I have heard of paedophiles, I have never heard of a baby rapist. If you want to be offensive you need to be a little bit true.

That's what this movie lacked. It was just a case of being more stupid, more violent and more animal handjob-y.

Gonna repeat: dont watch this movie.

Have a nice day.

Hipmonlee and ILoveLiza have already exceeded anything I could possibly have said. (Nobody mentioned the Barney movie, but you could probably laugh at that. I've seen maybe five minutes of it. The plot is dumb.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)