The No Johns Tournament: ADV OU Edition - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The No Johns Tournament: ADV OU Edition
Back by popular demand! Hosted by yours truly, approved by the beautiful Zebraiken

John Adams, the second US President for those who don't know. He was pretty forgettable.

john |jän|
noun, verb, johned, johning

• A cheap excuse for losing, missing a recovery, being hit by an attack, or any number of unfavorable events in Smash. It is a statement or action that detracts from the validity or quality of a competition (or its implied significance), irrespective of truth.
This tournament will be contested under ADV OU rules. What makes this different from any other tournament is the fact that the deadline are short. 3 day maximum. No Johns.

Tournament Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs. Unlikely here.
  • Games will be in a Best of 1 Format.
  • Do not join this tournament unless you are extremely active. Deadlines will be very short.

Round 2

Earth vs DerDomme
Conquer Phoenix vs Floppy
Rain. vs BKC
Jimmy Turtwig vs Terraquaza
Luigi. vs Mael
xastify vs Get this Money
Axel™ vs dodmen
HANTSUKI vs HBK
choolio vs MegaStarUniverse
groudon518 vs PasY_G
We Three Kings vs Vinc2612
Mysterious M vs Fakes
Nova vs The real UD
Eternal Spirit vs sand1234
Drangonn. vs Drowsy Cheesecake
Whompadelic vs Bourbone

Deadline: August 13th @ 11:59 PM EST. No Johns.

Added tags so I don't get tagged by someone to tag them.

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Uh could me and Drangonn. get an extension @ Funk? I know neither of us posted but I just had a lot of tours and stuff I was following at the time and never posted for act, we can most likely play within 24h if that's cool. If not I don't mind the about the coinflip loss, never called act so it's on me ;_;

Hey could me and my opponent get an extension? Our timezones are quite different and I was busy during the day and he leaves his comp before I'm available (around 5pm est). Not his fault, its just an unfortunate timezone situation. I am very available to play sunday so I believe an extention would really help us get this game done.

I fall asleep so early nowadays. Anyways, let's wrap up the round.

Rain. vs BKC - Timezone / availability issues. Rain. was on vacation and had a really small time frame of availability. They had a time scheduled. However, BKC was late and by the time he got there, Rain. was not. Going to extend this until the end of today to get this done.

groudon518 vs PasY_G - Timezone / availability issues. Willing to extend this to the end of today (8/14 @ 11:59 PM EST) to get this done. Make it happen.

Nova vs the real UD - UD left a VM to Nova the morning the round went up which received no reply. Activity.

Whompadelic vs Bourbone - This was a case where a time was established and when Bourbone couldn't make it because of traffic (which he gave about an hour's notice) and there was no reply from Whompadelic. Also, no further attempts by Whomp to schedule a new time who hasn't been on since Friday night. Ruling a coinflip.
[09:58:45] <@Funkasaurus> !decisioncalc Whompadelic Bourbone
[09:58:47] <~wormbot> I suggest Bourbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)