ORAS OU the power squad :D (peak 1893 w/ trash gxe!!)

Swaqfeq

I COULD BE BANNED!
hey guys today im bringing u a sweet squad i built before hoopa suspect and it did alright for someone like me who generally uses stolen teams XD. i laddered with this and a fun tangrowth full stall up to an alright ranking on ladder (dont mind the gxe lol, when i tilt i rly tilt);
peakin.JPG

the squad is a medicham/bisharp power squad (hence the title ahah c:) built around basically overpowering and weakening shit until one of your squad members can clean up or sweep up (in the case of bisharp).

teambuilding process:
625.gif+308-mega.gif
i knew i wanted to build around medicham and bisharp because they are both very good mons and when put together pressure all kinds of builds heavily.
490.gif
lando and bulky grounds were looking like a pain so i added manaphy to help alleviate this problem and it hits really nice n hard after a tg vs pretty much anything. ive tried like bulkier rd+tg sets and they also work, especially v stall so this slot is pretty customisable
707.gif
next i knew my team would appreciate spike support and also i was looking rather slow, so i added klefki not only for spikes and t wave but also to help v mega bro as you shall see later v_v
645-therian.gif
ok so sand fked me up. add lando. ez <_< also rocks are cool lol!
381.gif
last was a hard mon but i chose scarf latios bcus it made losing to dd zard x harder as well as being a mighty fine revenge killer as i found out. it hits rly weakly tho so ye!

IN-DEPTH LOOK!!

308-mega.gif

lol (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

this mon is rly good in this meta tbh. the power it posseses without boosting is quite spectacular to say the very least! medicham is here to pressure shit with bisharp as they were each others checks down to the point of a clean up late game. im using this set bcus i kinda struggle with diancie and i like double prio. adamant bcus power and the rest of the move are pretty self explanatory

625.gif

lol 2 (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

bic boi bish! this little son of a gun is a menace in most situations vs most teams. the fact that im using spikes helps wear down checks like keld (the main one) to the point where a +2 sucker can knock him tf out lol! i chose black glasses bcus the dmg output between lo and bg is pretty small when using your dark moves and the residual dmg is not great on a mon like bish who oftentimes uses resistances to setup :D standard set, does the job well.

490.gif

lol 3 (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

look at dis little qtpie! oh my oh my i sometimes do become a little moist when i use manaphy :D (bcus its a water pokemon nomsayin lol). this mon helps v a lot of fat shit that tries to switchin into my 2 powermons. this set is cool for this mon bcus coverage but you can also use a bulkier tail glow + rd one which helps more v stall. standard evs bcus max speed is important now and all moves are there for coverage
707.gif

lol 4 (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

this key is rly helpful for this team in wearing down checks to the power mons. dont ask about the evs bcus i have no idea what they do but it looks better if u have a special ev spread. toxic is here for m bro and is just a rly nice utility move, dazzling gleam over play rough bcus burn doesnt affect u v sab and ye. i find myself using toxic more than twave bcus its just a rly nice panic button v m.bro especially but also other setup/fat annoying mons.
645-therian.gif

lol 5 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

lando. what does this mon not do. the evs and stuff are in bold bcus artistic license. lando checks sand on my team and sets rocks. it also runs sd to soften stuff like ferro and hippo right tf up for other mons. also my zard x check along with lati and t wave :D sd is interchangeable with u-turn because muh men tum but i generally prefer sd bcus i like to be strong.
381.gif

lol 6 (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

wowee what a mon. i love my lati bcus it does a lot of things and none of them all that well. nevermind. lati revenge kills weakened shit like diancie and helps a tiny bit v stall bcus it tricks the chansey lol. pretty standard set and spread. im using scarf for some speed on the team in case it wasnt clear c:

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-345725737 gg bloody sunday :D. <3 twave

i might add more if i get some and if i have to

importable:
1 (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

2 (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

3 (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

4 (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

5 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

6 (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

so ye id like suggestions for how to improve the team for this volcanion meta (pls ban i like using stall thx lol) and any suggestions you fine folk would deem necessary for this team to go to the next lvl as some do indeed say.

Last edited:
Nice team, I've always enjoyed Trick Scarf Latios.

In terms of simple recommendations, I think you could change up the item on Manaphy for something more useful. Wacan Berry can be run on Manaphy to give it essentially only one weakness to worry about and get the drop on Electric types, or Splash Plate offers you a trivial means of boosting the damage on your main STAB for no real cost.

Swaqfeq

I COULD BE BANNED!
Nice team, I've always enjoyed Trick Scarf Latios.

In terms of simple recommendations, I think you could change up the item on Manaphy for something more useful. Wacan Berry can be run on Manaphy to give it essentially only one weakness to worry about and get the drop on Electric types, or Splash Plate offers you a trivial means of boosting the damage on your main STAB for no real cost.
thanks sir. i like the wacan recommendation a lot, helps v mane especially. also, like i said, maybe tg+rd mana might be better bcus it literally solos stall unless unaware clef which is being generally substituted for unaware quag. this is the set(for anyone else interested as well);
Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest/Psychic

psychic can be used but +6 scald under rain is ohkoing standard amoon lol. thx again for the rate

Last edited:
MediSharp is a pretty standardised build with not much wiggle room...I think the old archetype was RockyChomp and LO Torn instead of Lando and Lati respectively. The better matchup you get with Lando against sand is pretty essential in this meta though.

The main problem I'm seeing is the lack of any way to break basic M-Sableye cores. It beats every single team member comfortably 1v1 besides Manaphy, which just gets walled by Chansey etc.

I don't think you lose much by running LO Torn > Lati, since Lando + Klef should be enough vs like Zard, Lop etc. You'd need Yache Lando though for Electrics. RD + TG Manaphy can obviously work as well, but it's a bit easier to prepare for generally and Clef is a roadblock.

In terms of other stuff to play around with, Rotom-W > Manaphy gives you some more flexibility with teambuilding and makes a great partner for Medicham in general. Potentially frees up Lando's spot too.

gl

Last edited:
You have enough help.
Anyways, Rotom-W can go over Manaphy but you will lose to much wallbreaking with that change.
I suggest you keep Energy Ball on Manaphy to hit Azumarill and Mega Gyara (if you don't have T-wave or don't want to sack your Klefki), and other bulky waters that eat up Latios' attacks.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
MediSharp is a pretty standardised build with not much wiggle room...I think the old archetype was RockyChomp and LO Torn instead of Lando and Lati respectively. The better matchup you get with Lando against sand is pretty essential in this meta though.

The main problem I'm seeing is the lack of any way to break basic M-Sableye cores. It beats every single team member comfortably 1v1 besides Manaphy, which just gets walled by Chansey etc.

I don't think you lose much by running LO Torn > Lati, since Lando + Klef should be enough vs like Zard, Lop etc. You'd need Yache Lando though for Electrics. RD + TG Manaphy can obviously work as well, but it's a bit easier to prepare for generally and Clef is a roadblock.

In terms of other stuff to play around with, Rotom-W > Manaphy gives you some more flexibility with teambuilding and makes a great partner for Medicham in general. Potentially frees up Lando's spot too.

gl
Second Clair's opinion. For Klefki, you can run 128 Special Attack EVs to 2HKO 252/252 Bold Mega Sableye with rocks or 140 Special Attack EVs with a Modest Nature to 2HKO Utility Sableye after Stealth Rock damage.

128 SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Mega Sableye: 134-162 (44 - 53.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
140+ SpA Klefki Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 134-158 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)