Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh, a badged member asking for a Scramble, now that's something we don't see every day...

Anyways, Ray Jay, start with Piplup, name it Napoleon. It must know & keep One Physical move, 2 Special moves & 1 Other move. All moves must be of different types. To evolve Napoleon past Prinplup, it must solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon (i.e. The Strongest member on a Gym Leader's party).

Have fun.

Ray Jay, you get the one and only... Frustrated Starly!

It must know and keep Frustration always. Every steel type pokemon a trainer has that you come across, it must solo with it. Exceptions are Elite 4 pokemon, because I'm not cruel.

Also, no STAB moves with 71 or more base power. Evolve after the first solo'd pokemon is taken down. Just to be safe, if another challenge requires you to take down a certain trainer's steel type, that one will have priority.

Nickname it "Angry Bird"

Ray Jay, take Courage, the Cowardly Ponyta! Not that I even know who you are...

-Take a Ponyta with Run Away and name it "Courage".
-From every battle against pokemon at a higher level than itself, Courage must flee for it's life.
-For fear of the powerful monster it may become, it will not use 65 BP moves after STAB, nor may it evolve. Yet...
-After a traumatic experience where every other team member in it's team fainted, Courage rises up and fights bravely, not withholding any of that amazing force within it and losing control for a moment its inner bloodlust.
Note: This is your only window of chance to evolve. It may happen many times, it may happen never.

-With newfound strength, you now have... Courage, the motherfucking Unicorn! That guy doesn't run away anymore, he runs headlong into everything it fucking sees! (Only attacking options are Recoil moves).
-The problem is, all of these destructive tendencies lend to... self-destruction. He will faint eventually, and when he does (Because he was so cocky that he tried to solo Bertha only using Flare Blitz, did I mention that?), your broken-spirited Courage returns to its original, Cowardly state. (65 BP attacks, running from higher level pokemon)
Note #2: Should you actually succeed in soloing Bertha, no more limitations. Your Unicorn is now Arceus.

Post-6th gym updates

After clearing the 6th gym in both my Fire Red and Pearl scrambles, I decided that I should give an update.

Fire Red:

Charmeleon (Behemoth) Lv.37
Bold nature
- Mega Kick
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Focus Punch

Challange by Its_A_Random. Soloed Erika to evolve into Charmeleon. Must solo Blaine to evolve again. As Charizard, it cannot have attacking moves of base 119 or less.

Primeape (UMAD? IMAD) Lv.34
Lax nature
- Aerial Ace
- Leer
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop

Challange by kingofkongs. It must switch in when another Poké is hit by a super-effective attack.

Graveler (Balboa) Lv.36
lolTimid nature
Ability: Rock Head
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw

Challange by Futachimaru. It cannot use status moves, it evolved at level 30, and it soloed the next 10 trainers after that (Them Weezings be trollin').

Vileplume (Low Lassie) Lv.28
Lax nature
- Absorb
- Sleep Powder
- Cut
- PoisonPowder

Challange by chomzloh. It was the first Pokémon I caught after leaving Mt. Moon. It must be more than seven levels lower than the highest level Poké (Behemoth in this case).

Raichu (Easter) lv.33
Gentle nature
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack
- Brick Break
- Thunder Wave

Challange by Iggdrasil. Its final moveset was decided after the day after Easter (three days after I decided to start). It soloed Misty, which was much tougher than I thought.

Jynx (ZYNX) Lv.34
Mild nature
- Lovely Kiss (1)
- Psychic (2)
- Water Pulse (3)
- Ice Punch (4)

Challange by Dummy007. It may never participate in double battles. Every other turn, I must roll a die. If 1-4, it must use the corresponding move. If 5, I must roll again. If 6, I can choose what move it uses. If it soloes Blaine (which it won't), the die requirement will be removed.

Kadabra, uselessly using Future Sight, falls to Zynx's Ice Punches. Against Venomoth, Behemoth hits itself in confusion and takes the Future Sight, but snaps out of it and OHKOs Venomoth with Flamethrower. After Sabrina being so caring to her Mr. Mime, Zynx finally finishes it off with flying Ice Punches. Easter survives Psychic and paralyzes Alakazam. Easter gets two Quick Attacks through to Alakazam before dying because of useless Future Sights. UMAD? IMAD finishes Alakazam with Aerial Aces courtesy of parahax. No soft resets nor items used.

Pearl:

Torterra (Leonardo) Lv.35
Gentle nature
- Bite
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Razor Leaf

Challange by kingofkongs. Since its Hidden Power type is Fighting, it must solo every Drifblim (and I'm assuming Drifloon, too) in the game, even each Drifloon that appears on Friday.

Misdreavus (Missy) Lv.35
lolAdamant nature
- Shock Wave
- Psybeam
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray

Challange by Its_A_Random. It cannot evolve, and it must solo 10 GLP and 5 E4 Pokémon. So far, I have soloed Maylene's Machoke, Wake's Gyarados, Fantina's Gengar, and more recently Byron's Bronzor.

Bidoof (Doofus) Lv.33
Careful nature
Unaware
- Return
- Take Down
- Super Fang
- Rollout

Challange by Futachimaru. It may never evolve. Basically, it's an all-out offensive Bidoof. May be absurd, but its Returns kinda sting.

Staravia (Reckless) Lv.33
Mild nature
- Take Down
- Roost
- Attract (lol)
- Aerial Ace

Challange by ironman. It must learn and keep Brave Bird and Take Down as its only attacking moves. It must learn Roost ASAP and use it after either one of these moves. It must solo Rival's Starly/Staravia/Staraptor every battle.

Gible (No Macho) Lv.17
Adamant nature (w00t)
- Sand-Attack
- Dragon Rage
- Sandstorm
- Take Down

Challange by chomzloh. If it evolves to Garchomp (which it won't), it must hold a Macho Brace for the rest of the game.

Chansey (Lulzy) Lv.28
Careful nature
Serene Grace ftw
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

Challange by Iggdrasil. Must have a final set of Calm Mind and three attacking moves. It evolved from Happiny during the battle against Maylene. It must evolve into Blissey against Candice.

After a tedious hour featuring three soft resets, Missy finally soloed its 4th GLP, Bronzor, who has an obvious fetish for status moves. Steelix sets up Sandstorm for No Macho, who later becomes death fodder for its Ice Fang. So much for Sand Veil hax. Leonardo comes in with Earthquake which somehow doesn't kill Steelix, then just keeps on cleavin'. Eventually, Steelix is down for the count. Then, Leonardo quickly slaughters Bastiodon with the aforesaid move. After five soft resets, this victory was well worth it.

You don't get it, don't you? Your challenge is worded in a way that it doesn't specify how many times or when. Those vague words could mean anything...I see you don't have an answer for the use the Pokemon Centre part...[/SARCASM]
Of course, what you don't get is that it says you have to Solo N with Cymbol,so you can't use anything else or else you'd be breaking the rule. It's actually an incredibly sneaky way of forcing you to use Cymbol to solo N every single time, without having to straight up tell you so. It's proof by contradiction, since the alternative is not allowed, you have to do what it says.

And I never said anything about using the PC ever. I wasn't even aware you could leave N's castle to go to the PC.

Guess you really should be more careful before accepting challenges next time.

*insert maniacal laugh smiley here*

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Of course, what you don't get is that it says you have to Solo N with Cymbol,so you can't use anything else or else you'd be breaking the rule. It's actually an incredibly sneaky way of forcing you to use Cymbol to solo N every single time, without having to straight up tell you so. It's proof by contradiction, since the alternative is not allowed, you have to do what it says.

And I never said anything about using the PC ever. I wasn't even aware you could leave N's castle to go to the PC.

Guess you really should be more careful before accepting challenges next time.

*insert maniacal laugh smiley here*
Ehhh, even old veterans like me make mistakes...Anyways, I have a peace offer for you...
Also, I might do a peace deal with A1 concerning Cymbol-gate, despite me saying that no challenges can be modified. I'll agree to solo N at every encounter only if you let me change it to "Cymbol must solo N at every encounter on the first try. Each time it fails to do so, it loses a move slot. PERMANENTLY." Sound good? It also should make for a more enjoyable read...
What do you say? Probably no, but think about it: Me trying to take on a Reshiram with potentially only one move That would sound fun...

EDIT: On my White Scramble, I found something quite funny: I have a Darumaka who can never fight a Steel-Type, yet it has to solo Clay...Who has an Excadrill...lol. What should I do?

Raseri,

take a timbur named Lover...
Lover loves you and your team so much that every time that one of your team members is against a pokemon that has a superior typing against it, you must send timbur in immediately
(example:drillbur against tepig->immediately switch to Lover)...
Forget this when one of your members has to solo a battle...
Also retaliate and return are a must so teach them asap...

Ehhh, even old veterans like me make mistakes...Anyways, I have a peace offer for you...

What do you say? Probably no, but think about it: Me trying to take on a Reshiram with potentially only one move That would sound fun...

EDIT: On my White Scramble, I found something quite funny: I have a Darumaka who can never fight a Steel-Type, yet it has to solo Clay...Who has an Excadrill...lol. What should I do?
You only have 3 moveslots to begin with now. Simply because you apparently can't read correctly. :P what you do with the rest of the moveslots is your business. But you are banned from losing all 4 moveslots for very obvious reasons.

And just f*** over the Excadrill already. We all know the mole is overrated anyways. :)

One other thing, can you leave N's castle to go to the PC or not? I don't remember being able to leave the castle when I was there, though I was glad to be able to heal. Though I don't see why you'd need to when the maids do it all for you.

One other thing, can you leave N's castle to go to the PC or not? I don't remember being able to leave the castle when I was there, though I was glad to be able to heal. Though I don't see why you'd need to when the maids do it all for you.
There's a PC inside N's castle. I believe its the 3rd floor.

There's a PC inside N's castle. I believe its the 3rd floor.
No, i mean Pokemon Center. I know there's a PC where you can switch pokemon, i walked past it when i went through the game. Random mentioned going to the PC, so i wasn't sure if he meant Pokemon Center or if he was going to exploit the old Box Trick to get around the no healing rule.

Actually, ironically, I found one like 5 minutes after posting that, then found another while training it. TM12 Water Gun helps it alot with training since the Geodude give 110 EXP. My only dissappointment about the challenge now is that it learns Metronome at level 31, so I'm stuck with Clefairy as my second member until I reach Celadon for Brisingr the Flareon (Picked it because I've never used Flareon in RBY before, and Vaporeon would be too easy and the type is redundant to have)

Edit: I want to add Mew to my team, can I get a challenge for that?
derp

You get bidof the mew. Bidof's parents couldn't have him so they put him in a basket placed it in the river where it hit a biberal dam. He was raised by bidofs so he thinks he is one, and since bidofs are only useful for hm slaves, mew can only learn hms. Bidof must solo a elite 4 member

Edit a voltorb is not available til after E4 I'll need a replacement but thanks for the suggestion. I'm doing a HG Scramble with a Chikorita, Aipom, Pidgey, Luck*(a pokemon up to luck) and a Hoppip

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Qwilfish named No U

It cannot learn any moves with the letter U in them, it cannot learn moves with a type that has the letter U in it, cannot use items with u in them, and cannot attack pokemon with the letter U in them.

Current Team:

Cottone
Take a Cottonee(Whew, starting far away, eh?). It must have the ability "Prankster" Now, let's look at Whimsicott. It's pokedex data for White states...

Riding whirlwinds, they appear. These pokemon sneak through gaps into houses and cause all sorts of mischief.

Thus, we can assume our Cottonee dreams of being a prankster. Thus, it must learn a type of powder to mess people with(Poisonpowder or stun spore either one). Also, since it is a GIANT COTTONBALL, it must know Cotton Spore. Since it rides whirlwinds, it must know Hurricane, and finally, since it causes mischief, it must know either Solarbeam or Energy Ball to smash things with.

Nickname it "Stealthy", because pranksters have to be that way, am I right?

Axew
Ok you get Flirt the Axew. Flirt is a big flirt, so he tries to attract them using axe. He must know attract asap and use it on every female pokemon. He cannot attack a female pokemon and he must attact constantly so they stay in love with him. He may still toxic or confuse the girls though. To evolve, he must solo the dragon gym and to evolve again he must solo caitlen ( physic elite 4 member)

Tynamo
take a Tynamo named Eel. As you have surely noticed, poor Tynamo has been lumped in with Pokemon such as Magikarp and Wurmple in the "Failure" category. Everyone picks on Eel for being so weak, so he's going to prove everyone wrong by soloing Skyla. After proving his power, Eel evolves and becomes even stronger, but the other Electric Pokemon still laugh at him, so Eel must learn 4 attacking moves, all of different types, and get revenge by soloing every Electric Pokemon between Mistralton and Opelucid City.

After reaching Opelucid City, Eel decides the time is right to evolve to Eelektross. All the Pokemon realize Eel is one of the coolest Pokemon ever, and Eel celebrates his new-found coolness by learning 4 new attacking moves and soloing an E4 member.

Tympole
Raseri, take a Tympole. Nickname it "Friday"
Everyone hates that song by Rebecca Black, but Friday absolutely loves to sing it. Therefore, it must know always know a singing move. At the start of every match it is in, it must use a singing move until the opponent gets annoyed and attacks you, hinting for you to stop. You may then stop and use another move. (Growl, Supersonic, Round, Uproar, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice)

You may evolve it into Palpitoad, however, its first battle as Palpitoad must be against Elesa and it must solo her. The same concept will apply to Seismitoad at Acirrus City Gym.

Also, every time Friday faints, you must go on YouTube (Or wherever) and listen to Friday by Rebecca Black. This does not have to be done immediately, however, you must listen to it the number of times Friday has fainted by the Elite Four. Fainting during and after the Elite Four does not count. Therefore, I think you should keep Friday alive as best as you can!

Tepig
, start with Tepig, name it Boarame. After your first battle with Cheren, your Tepig takes a hating to him & develops a grudge. Therefore, Boarame must solo Cheren at every encounter, to prove he is superior to him. Also, It must know all attacking moves of different types.
You will take your pansage and name it Kamina. Kamina tries to be a man at every turn and never runs from a fight so when he comes in he must stay in until he Ko's the opponent especially if he is weak to the opponent you may switch him out when he ko's a poke. He is such a man that he only uses offensive moves as well.
Now recommend one for my HG run

Every part-steel also. Have fun with Wattson!

And Skarmory's Steel-flying, by the way. But, yep, every steel, including part steels.
I just looked it up, and the TM for Frustration is in Pacifidlog Town, which I can't get to until after Lilycove. Can I use any moves to solo Steel-types until I can access the TM?

Its_a_Random said:
user 18, take a Beldum, name it Dumb Bell. This Beldum is not a smart Beldum, & only knows how to ram into things, therefore, it's only attacking move can be Take Down. It must solo your Rival at every encounter (Including the first if possible) & you may only use items on it for a total of 10 times throughout the game.
I assume the items clause includes TMs. I'm also assuming that I can use moves such as Toxic and Protect, which do no direct damage. Let me know if I'm wrong, since I almost am able to evolve this guy.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, about to start my challenge! The team:

-Napoleon the Piplup. May only have 1 physical, 2 special, and 1 other move. All of different types, must solo 3 main mons of gym leaders to evolve
-Caprodent the Hidden Power Bidoof: Must solo the gym leader that corresponds to its HP type
-Chatot with only sound moves
-Courage the Ponyta: can only evolve if all other mons are fainted, no moves > 65 bp, must flee from mons with a great level; after evolving must use all recoil moves and solo Bertha with Flare Blitz.
-Angry Bird the Starly: must solo all Steel-types (except E4), must know Frustration, no moves > 71 bp, can only evolve after soloing a Steel-type.
-Christmas the all-stab Snover

I just looked it up, and the TM for Frustration is in Pacifidlog Town, which I can't get to until after Lilycove. Can I use any moves to solo Steel-types until I can access the TM?
Until then, feel free to use whatever. It has to solo steels with Frustration. Without it, can't really solo them with frustration, now can it? Since you can't do that, that condition isn't done until Frustration TM is obtained. If you feel like it, and want to make it harder, you could do it with Uproar, but until then, have fun doing whatever.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
... Or maybe not. I just found out I lost Diamond. Adjust this challenge for Heartgold!

Shuckle and name it Sweeps. Like the name implies this is a sweeper shuckle from the point you acquire it onward it must solo one Gym leader and E4 pokemon because it was tired of being looked down upon

Until then, feel free to use whatever. It has to solo steels with Frustration. Without it, can't really solo them with frustration, now can it? Since you can't do that, that condition isn't done until Frustration TM is obtained. If you feel like it, and want to make it harder, you could do it with Uproar, but until then, have fun doing whatever.
Alright, I'll just use whatever than. After Lilycove, I'll go directly to Pacifidlog and get the TM, and have it for as long as I can. Thanks.

You will take your pansage and name it Kamina. Kamina tries to be a man at every turn and never runs from a fight so when he comes in he must stay in until he Ko's the opponent especially if he is weak to the opponent you may switch him out when he ko's a poke. He is such a man that he only uses offensive moves as well.
Now recommend one for my HG run
You get Misty the pysduck. He lives in the tv show so he is physic. He may only attack an opponent when he has a head ache (red health) and may only use physic damaging atks. After one of your pokemon has ko'd a trainer's pokemon, he must solo the next one. This includes gym leaders and elite 4. He must solo Misty

@ray jay use a growlith named 9tailsuck. He is super jelous of the fact Ninetails got drought and is now ou. So he needs to prove growilths are better by always setting up sun the first turn he is out, and if the wheather changes, must imediatly change it back. He must solo all bullies and ninetails and may not attack a growlith of Acanane. He must solo all tyrantairs, abonasnows,hippodowns, Politoads and all their pre-evos to prove he is the best whether starter. He may evolve after soloing a Ninetails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)