The Serpent And The Princess [COMPLETE]

Would You Like To See More Pokémon Made Fully Re-Distributable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed some veteran players were objecting to the idea of giving away Pokemon because it somehow negates their work, but I have to disagree on that. As a veteran of Pokemon new to the whole competitive thing, the only reason I've been able to start working to breed a wifi team is because a lovely person on Reddit gave me a flawless Ditto. I plan on using that Ditto to create some flawless (or near flawless) Pokemon for battling or parents (if egg moves are needed.) It makes the tedium of things like trying to find a parent with the right nature or EV training a bit more bearable when I have a good jumping off point. It helps new players get off the ground and get started, it doesn't stop us from putting in effort.

Also, Pokeguy, thank you that was really really kind of you.

I voted yes. Ideally, the first answer that came to mind was that I believe it should depend on the original owner, as he or she is the person who potentially spent hours/days/weeks to obtain the Pokemon desired. For this reason, I believe it should be up to the owner.

However, deciding between yes or no, I lean towards yes because I think it helps to promote more friendliness and generosity in the community. I for one extremely appreciate people who are willing to help others, including newbies like myself, with possible no benefit to themselves. But again, I think it should be up to the owner.

EDIT: I'm hoping I made the cutoff...? I have a copy of AS and my FC is in my signature.

EDIT2: Thank you for the Pokemon! :D

Last edited:
I noticed some veteran players were objecting to the idea of giving away Pokemon because it somehow negates their work, but I have to disagree on that. As a veteran of Pokemon new to the whole competitive thing, the only reason I've been able to start working to breed a wifi team is because a lovely person on Reddit gave me a flawless Ditto. I plan on using that Ditto to create some flawless (or near flawless) Pokemon for battling or parents (if egg moves are needed.) It makes the tedium of things like trying to find a parent with the right nature or EV training a bit more bearable when I have a good jumping off point. It helps new players get off the ground and get started, it doesn't stop us from putting in effort.

Also, Pokeguy, thank you that was really really kind of you.
I'm online now, invite when ready.
I voted yes. Ideally, the first answer that came to mind was that I believe it should depend on the original owner, as he or she is the person who potentially spent hours/days/weeks to obtain the Pokemon desired. For this reason, I believe it should be up to the owner.

However, deciding between yes or no, I lean towards yes because I think it helps to promote more friendliness and generosity in the community. I for one extremely appreciate people who are willing to help others, including newbies like myself, with possible no benefit to themselves. But again, I think it should be up to the owner.

EDIT: I'm hoping I made the cutoff...? I have a copy of AS and my FC is in my signature.
I'm online now.
Do you got any more.
My ign is xavier
Yes, while supplies last only. Come online.

jetslover1

Banned deucer.
Thanks for showing your support; and for being our first recipient. :D

You've been added. Can you trade now?

On a side note; did .com just vote no? I thought all his stuff was fully re-distributable. How strange. (Just trying to do something nice for Christmas....)
Trade in 5?

I think the big problem I (personally) have with making everything full redis is that a vast majority of people people aren't willing to "pay it forward".

If you obtain something fully redis we can all agree that it has less value. And there's not anything wrong with that until you(not you; you in general) add it to your thread and then rake other people over the coals when they want it.

So many times I've seen people get something full redis (from a giveaway or what have you), add it to their thread, and then, when someone is interested in it, tell them "I'm gonna need this because this is worth more" or "it's really hard to get this because you have to chain that/ wait x amount of days for friend safari blocks/ low catch rate in a good ball". Really it has none of that added value unless you did it yourself.

Another problem I've been seeing (more lately in fact) is that bum hacks and powersaved ivs get passed around like herpes because they're made full redis and because there's no way to prove they're hacks everyone and there mother gets it.

Tl;dr if everyone got full redis stuff and gave it away (or traded it for an equivalent of the effort they personally put in) I'd have no problem with it..but i dont want to trade someone something in a fair trade to see them using it to rape other people with it...

I guess the Tl;dr was still pretty tl...but whatevs

Hey, I voted yes on the poll because I think full redistribution rights help a lot of people who might otherwise be unable to access certain pokemon, in particular events or hard to catch legendaries (like this rayquaza). It always sucks when you can't get an event pokemon, and if there are more available with redistribution rights then more people are able to access cool Pokemon.

It also helps share the love and lessens the barriers to entry for newer players to get into the competitive scene, which is always fun! I know I've been helped out plenty in the past with redistributed pokemon, and I'm always for helping out a player in need.

My FC is 3110 5113 9371 and ign is Aitch. Thanks for the giveaway!

Hey man you still remember me? Anyways I voted yes because I think that it helps a lot of new people who struggle to gain certain pokemon. Like if you have Omega Ruby and need Kyogre and can't get one.

I have Aplha Omega right now.

I voted yes, because I believe that it would promote a more competitive playing field. It's nice to have rare pokemon in a trophy case, but I really like the spirit of competition. I guess someone, somewhere, had to go through the effort and they should get credit somehow. Though i'm not quite sure how you could go about doing that. My FC is 2938-8190-5999 if you are still doing the giveaway.

Thanks for doing this type of thing :D

Pokeguy, you are such a good person for doing this giveaway.

I answered yes.
The reason why I answered yes is because I can't do RNG back in the old days. Whenever I see trade threads I get jealous. I'm quite busy with my studies, and making me play pokemon less often than how I used to. I manage to play from the Yellow days. Had to stop because my dorm doesn't offer Wi-Fi connection. Also being in the field of Medicine is a making me play pokemon less. I love giving away pokemon for free as well. Maybe not in smogon, but on facebook, and stuff.
My point is, I know it's not easy doing RNG stuff, but I don't see why I can't fully redistribute my pokemon. Catching them all is good, but spreading them to others is better :D
As long as the original trainer is credited when it is fully-redis :D

My Friend Code is: 3325-3439-3112

Last edited:
I think the big problem I (personally) have with making everything full redis is that a vast majority of people people aren't willing to "pay it forward".

If you obtain something fully redis we can all agree that it has less value. And there's not anything wrong with that until you(not you; you in general) add it to your thread and then rake other people over the coals when they want it.

So many times I've seen people get something full redis (from a giveaway or what have you), add it to their thread, and then, when someone is interested in it, tell them "I'm gonna need this because this is worth more" or "it's really hard to get this because you have to chain that/ wait x amount of days for friend safari blocks/ low catch rate in a good ball". Really it has none of that added value unless you did it yourself.

Another problem I've been seeing (more lately in fact) is that bum hacks and powersaved ivs get passed around like herpes because they're made full redis and because there's no way to prove they're hacks everyone and there mother gets it.

Tl;dr if everyone got full redis stuff and gave it away (or traded it for an equivalent of the effort they personally put in) I'd have no problem with it..but i dont want to trade someone something in a fair trade to see them using it to rape other people with it...

I guess the Tl;dr was still pretty tl...but whatevs
In these instances the problem is not so much that the pokemon is fully redist it's the person who received it. If enough people have the Pokemon in question then it will be less of a problem because those seeking it can go elsewhere to get it. So initial distribution needs to be high in order to counter act a potentially selfish few. If you do a fully redis giveaway but you only give your poke to five people you probably haven't made much of a difference.

Pokeguy, I think you're right about people "wasting" their time for the most part. I'm interested in soft resetting Azelf, Cresselia and some others but because I know I won't be able to get a Rayquaza from anyone else, due to not having any other SRs, I haven't moved forward in the game to get the pokemon I really want. If we treated legends more like we treated Pokemon in breeding groups where everyone breeds a Pokemon and then shares the result with everyone else in the group we could all get what we want a lot more quickly.

But not everyone is motivated by trade value. I think a lot of people are hung up on these legends because the desire to have a pokemon with your OT can be quite powerful.

In these instances the problem is not so much that the pokemon is fully redist it's the person who received it. If enough people have the Pokemon in question then it will be less of a problem because those seeking it can go elsewhere to get it. So initial distribution needs to be high in order to counter act a potentially selfish few. If you do a fully redis giveaway but you only give your poke to five people you probably haven't made much of a difference.

Pokeguy, I think you're right about people "wasting" their time for the most part. I'm interested in soft resetting Azelf, Cresselia and some others but because I know I won't be able to get a Rayquaza from anyone else, due to not having any other SRs, I haven't moved forward in the game to get the pokemon I really want. If we treated legends more like we treated Pokemon in breeding groups where everyone breeds a Pokemon and then shares the result with everyone else in the group we could all get what we want a lot more quickly.

But not everyone is motivated by trade value. I think a lot of people are hung up on these legends because the desire to have a pokemon with your OT can be quite powerful.
thats exactly why I voted no sharing is fine and all if EVERYONE put in some effort why do I have to softreset 10 pokes to give to people who dont even softreset 1? im ok with doing some part of the work but its just 2% of the people here who do pretty much all the work and that just aint fair.

I vote yes, mainly because I find it so difficult to get competitive event pokemon, having just gotten into pokemon this gen. I don't know how on earth I'd get competitive pokes like Diancie if it weren't for people like yourself! I can't clone at the moment but if my friend lent me a DS I would totally be happy to help people out with more competitive legends. Through this thread I am learning a lot more about why people would say no though.

Edit: I fully support people saying no to redis when it's breedable pokes as it's much easier for people to use non-redis pokes as parents and breed their own competitives without too much effort.

My FC is 0490 5935 2418 - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the giveaway, it's incredibly generous of you :)

Last edited:
Not interested in the Pokemon but I'd like to say that I voted yes, because I think the love should go around ;) I understand when people work very hard for a Pokemon so they want to keep it unique, but I feel even better when I work hard for a Pokemon and people feel happy when they receive that Pokemon too. Hard work, love, and generosity are values that I've been taught ever since I was a little girl, and though I'm so sickly irl that I can hardly leave the house for half of the year, at least I can help people out with Pokemon, and seeing my Pokemon being spread around makes me even happier.

Bonus in that the Arabic words for hard work, love, and generosity are the names of my siblings. I'm love, my younger brother is generosity, and the brother below him is hard work. My sister's name is gift, too. We're a right bunch of do-gooders haha.

Keep up the good work, Pokéguy, love what you're doing here!

I am adding everyone now!
I'm sorry, I'll be leaving for Christmas. This giveaway is making a few people angry, so I'm just trading the first 40 people that come online and get one. When stock runs out, I probably wont be doing this again for a while.
Hey I was able to get AS earlier..do I still make the cut? I will be online for the next 5-6hours..

I voted yes because it makes it easier to play competitively and interact with other players around the world. Also, as a newbie to competitive battling it makes it easier for me to enjoy battling straight away without taking up too much time.

My FC is 4570-7828-7096

Hope i make the cut, cheers

1) If you're trading your Pokémon to someone, you're selling them a product. They are actually paying you for it. Putting redistribution rights on something just because you don't want people to trade it forward is basically Pokémon DRM.
2) If a Pokémon is so valuable and important to you because you either spent hours SR'ing / breeding / RNG'ing it, then set a price according to standards! No need to limit a person's rights over the product. If you value it that much, put it in your Trophy Case with a huge, bolded NFT alongside it.
3) If making rare / awesome Pokémon giveaways hurts the community in the long run, then why don't I see any part of the community being hurt so far? The giveaway forums have been up for quite a while and I still see people trading at the usual rate.
4) This whole "redis rights" thing comes off as a bit elitist to me. If anything, it hurts the chances of small traders when doing their business.
5) Related to my previous point (and it may enrage some people), big traders don't miss out on anything either if redistribution policies are removed. This is because they already have 99% of the stuff available and their wants list is so small new traders won't be able to pay the (outrageous) prices. Therefore, the average trader still won't have access to whatever you're putting up for trade.

Oh, and I've seen non-redis giveaways! The irony. So you're giving away your Pokémon, but not the trading rights?

That's all I say for now. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)