Announcement The Smogon Discord would like you to become a rater!

Discord Name: adriantv
Tier you'd like to rate: National Dex OU
Brief summary of experience in the meta: Very large amount of games on ladder, qualified for NDLT, made semis in NDWC and went 6-0
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: hidin can vouch for me, and ig my ndwc games:D

Discord Name: runoisch
Tier you'd like to rate: National Dex UU
Brief summary of experience in the meta: Well known member of the community with years of experience. Got placed third in last gens NDUU Seasonal and built for the Gangster Darumakas' UU slot in NDPL III. Also have decent placements in NDUU Kickoff and NDUU Open, I'm also apart of the NDUU Council and VR Council and am a voice in the NDUU room.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I own three of the sample teams on the respective thread. Also countless team rates in Smogcord, NatDex Cord, and NDUU Cord. Arishem and probably the rest of NDUU council can vouch for me.

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:quagchamppogsire:Discord Name: Leafeonisms
Meta: AAA
OMFL IV player and currently drafted for AAAPL
Regularly building teams and keeping up-to-date with the meta
Current analysis writer and member of the AAA QC team, as well as plenty of AMQCs beforehand
Roomvoice in Other Metas and regularly guiding newer players posting aaa teams in the chat
Not particularly active on ladder but do play regularly, have been invested in the tier since late gen 8 and have a strong grasp on both the fundamentals and the development of the meta
Would like to encourage more people to play and innovate while also guiding newer players away from the poor ladder strategies that aaa ladder is (in)famous for

Your discord name : Frozoid
The meta you'd like to rate : Anything Goes
A brief summary of your experience in that meta : AG room owner and have been playing it for almost 3 years. Have been a part of 2 agpls and 1 ag snake
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame : Have written many analysis this gen, have played in individual as well as team tours and have grasp of the metagame. Fc can vouch for me

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
Discord name: FayaWizard
Meta: OU
Brief summary of my experience: I've been playing OU since Gen 9 dropped, fairly active and peaked around 1700 elo
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I've been unofficially rating teams in the discord for a month, and OU rater matte has vouched for me

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Discord Name: Vertigo (marshadow_)
Meta: 1v1
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I've been playing for a few months now and have a solid understanding of the posthome metagame.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. : Uhhhh idk I went 5-2 last PL and you can ask clerica she probably would vouch for me

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord Name: OreoSpeedruns
Meta I’d like to rate: Ubers
Experience: I haven’t been playing Ubers for too long, only seriously starting to play in November 2022, but since then I’ve done very well for myself, doing pretty alright in tours and even becoming a finalist of this year’s UPL (I was in the Bandits basement for most of it tho TvT)
Demonstrated knowledge: I’ve been pretty active when it comes to this tier, topping ladder (photo of me hitting #1 attached), writing many analyses, voting for a couple suspects (both of these can be found in my signature), etc. I’ve also been pretty active in the SV Ubers RMT subforum itself, and I’d consider myself pretty alright at rates! I’m still fairly new to the scene so there’s not too much I can really show atm, but I do hope y’all might give me a chance with rating on Smogcord!

Attachments

Last edited:
Discord name: ox04#3851

The meta I'd like to rate: SV and SS Ubers

A brief summary of your experience in that meta:
SV: Number 2 on the current Ubers circuit leaderboard, 3rd best record in SV Ubers in UPL, reached rank 1 on ladder a bunch of times, active daily, playing in all the Ubers circuit tournaments that feature SV or SS, winner of the most recent iteration of Ubers Homefield Advantage. (somehow not in SCL)

SS: My first tour ever was Ubers Open where I made it to top 6, had a 4-2 record in Ubers World Cup with Team Europe, played in SSPL (not that fantastic of a record there tho)

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Voice in Ubers room, SV Ubers QC team and wrote quite a few analyses, here are some:
Scarf Mirai https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/miraidon/
LO Attacker Korai https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/koraidon/
Scarf Etern https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/eternatus/
I also wrote analyses for some pokemon in the pre-home metagame.

My fav UPL matches:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubers-698706 vs mind gaming
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubers-702980 vs Shuwri

I'm sure Lasen and Fc would vouch for me.

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
Discord name: shayminsky
Meta: OU/VGC
Brief summary of my experience: I've been playing showdown for like 10 years atp, topped gen 8 ladder, have been 1900 in gen 7 and gen 9. As for VGC ive only been playing for over a month but I got top 50 on ladder in 10 days, and Im not a bad builder imo. Can pretty much pick up and play any meta and top the ladder due to insane playtime so even with low playtime of VGC think itll be chill. I am also room % in VGC and room % in OU, and I went 6-0 in swiss in a 200 entrant limitless vgc tour.

My name: TheEeveeAnimations
The Meta I’d like to rate: VGC
Long summary of my experience: Played VGC for 3 years, often do well on ladder. Get CP semi consistently at in-person events (top 129 at naic 2023), and consistently build with players that make Day 2 at official events. Very active in VGC chat, % in VGC room, Eeveon7 could vouch for me if needed. I will rate these teams to hell and back.

Demonstrating my Knowledge of the metagame: ask Borghi who builds his teams. He won’t say me because I don’t contribute that much but just know that I’m involved. I also go x-2 at just about every event I attend, top cut multiple Chicago locals, and do a lot of de facto rating in Smogon VGC Discord and the VGC room on Showdown. I bring good vibes to the room.

Excited to rate teams

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Discord name: royal264

The meta I'd like to rate: SV Monotype

A brief summary of my experience with the meta: I've been playing Monotype since the beginning of the year and I've loved just about every second of it. I got hooked when I first tried the metagame because of the Flutter Mane suspect. Since then, I've participated in tournaments, written analyses, made forum posts, learned from some of the best, tutored, helped players prepare for tournament sets, been an active presence in the monotype room, and reached the top of the ladder.

Demonstrating my knowledge of the metagame: For tournaments, I placed top 24 in the Spring Seasonal, am currently in top 12 of the ongoing Seasonal, and participated in MPL. I've also had the opportunity to learn the game from some of the best, I did tutoring in the spring with DugZa where I greatly improved my teambuilding, worked with for tournaments BLT and played MPL under ATTRIBUTE and trichotomy, where I had the opportunity to learn from a lot of top level players. I've also recently been accepted as a Monotype tutor, and am currently working with my first tutee.

ATTRIBUTE / Giyu / Starfox. / jackuzzler all recommended me as a tutor, but if specifically team rater vouches would be preferred please let me know.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Discord name: Arcticblast
Meta: Doubles OU
Experience: I was there when the original Smogon Doubles thread was posted in OM and I never* left. My tournament performance has been mixed over the years, but I have been playing for pretty much the entire life span of the format and have been at the front of the community for almost as long, and I'm familiar with every official DOU meta except for Sword and Shield. In that format and in some of the unofficials I'm less familiar with (ADV, DPP, Natdex), I can at least provide some basic sanity checks like "don't run Earthquake on Heatran."

I also currently rate teams in the DOU channel anyway, and will probably continue to do so unless somebody stops me. I just want to be pink.

*we don't talk about 2016

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
Discord Name: RoFnA#2071
Metagame I'd like to rate: SV STABmons
Experience: Played SV STABmons since the very beginning and actively played and laddered since then. Played STABmons Open and STABmons Seasonal and got into finals both times. Also played for OMPL in the STAB slot
Qualifications:
- Current SV STABmons Council Member
- Peaked ladder a several times with different alts
- played about 800+ games with all atls together with 80-90% GXE
- active in the OM discord helping with tips about team building
- Giagantic can vouch.

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
Your discord name: spidget.
The meta you'd like to rate. Gen 9 OU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta. Been playing gen 9 OU since release, peaked 2k when I was laddering the most. I enjoy keeping up with ladder trends and trying to come up with interesting stuff with new drops and usage shifts.
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
here is a link to my RMT from this gen, hopefully demonstrating I can show the thought process behind the teambuilding process. I've also already been posting in the smogon discord OU rates channel when I see a team I'm confident I can give an accurate rate on.
As for vouches, my mom says I'm a handsome young man.
Edit: I've been informed current rater waytoopetty vouches for me

Last edited:
Discord name: owlman7507
The meta id like to rate: Gen 5 OU
Experience: I am on top 15 of bw ou ladder , i have a 78% gxe . And i am very active on bwcord (around 4 months since i started playing/laddering). Ive helped people to build teams on Smogon discord, overall i just have alot of experience on the current bw meta where i can help giving great advice on teambuilding.

Attachments

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Discord Name: _cg (spoo)
Tier you'd like to rate: gen 9 cap
Brief summary of experience in the meta: been capping since 2020
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: played in + supported a bunch of tours, im on the meta and vr council etc

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord Name: kinetic__
Tier: AAA
Experience: played a little bit of gen 8 and have been playing since the start of gen 9, got drafted in aaapl, made it to the finals of the aaa kickoff and ghosting tour (pre home), i have 1 uploaded gen 9 analysis and several others in GP (:azelf: :walking wake: :zamazenta-crowned: :gengar:) and have done several amqc's
Isaiah Gimmickyasitgets can vouch
edit: i'm on the aaa qc now

Last edited:

Choruto

Sylveon <3
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Discord Username: furret_vibing (My name on Showdown and most of the Smogon stuff is Choruto)
Tier: VGC

Heyo. I've been playing VGC since 2020, and played casually for most of SW/SH and early S/V. I started playing competitively near the start of Regulation D and haven't taken any major breaks. I have over 2000 games in reg D and E and am currently top 500 in Reg E bo1 ladder, and have had success in some limitless tours such as this one https://play.limitlesstcg.com/tournament/650c4d70ef170f0f1b0e1780/standings.

I started rating on the Smogon about a month ago, but have been helping people with team building on showdown and the VGC subreddit for a while now.
I've also been told that TheEeveeAnimations vouches for me
(Just confirmed with them, they do. I forgot to take a screen shot sorry :/ I think you can ask TEA and they will confirm if proof is needed)
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 00.09.31.png
I hope that I would be able to help as a rater!

Last edited:
Discord Name: Aylona, Showdown is the same
Tier: VGC

I've been playing since the ancient times of Gen 4 Singles for I am pretty ancient myself for Pokemon Players. Vgc since the CHALK times and almost Top Cut in Kassel 2016, place 33(?) I dont know the exact year lol. I've been playing alot in SW/SH made it to the second day of players cup 1 and 4 and got unfortunatly kicked out in the third and fourth round. I do not ladder in showdown that much due to RL and work time issues. But I consistently ladder to 3 Digit Ranks on Switch cartridge in every Regulation until now.
I'd like to rate and give more constructive Input to aspiring teams and builders alike.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Discord: Giagantic
Meta: STABmons
History: Been playing it on and off for almost a decade!
Experience: I am the Tier Leader of the OM, and overall Leader of OM section alongside IsaiaH. I have been an active contributor to STABmons specifically all of Gen 9, regularly win STABmons room tours and am good enough to beat extremely skilled tour players. Though I don't often take part in forum tours, I am an active participant in the process currently hosting the Other Metagame World Cup which STABmons is a component of. I'd say in terms of knowledge of gen 9 stabmons, only a few rival me due to the sheer number of matches I've played since the start of gen 9. Maintain a 86% GXE or up on Ladder.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Your discord name. taka.tk
The meta you'd like to rate. AG
A brief summary of your experience in that meta. Have been playing AG in tour the last year, am part of QC team
Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
Records from OMPL, AGPL, UMPL, on QC team, council members can vouch for me

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Discord: gen9ou
Meta: sv ou
Experience:
1: I am consistently 1700s on ladder unless I tilt
2: I have been playing SV OU actively since release
3: I nearly got Blood Moon reqs (79.9% GXE when the voter id thread got locked)
4: I am very active in oucord, got oucord chatterbox for being a helpful and active presence over the past few months
5: setsusetsuna can vouch for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)