The Smogon "Suspect Test" Ladder is in full effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New strategies or team structures forming, possibly. The amount of Pokemon in the top 75% of usage, moveset trends, etc. I think those are a few of the things Obi would have in mind.

I'll be testing out this ladder for sure.

It's an ass to deal with all those Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, Tyranitar and Lucario without Garchomp.
Well, time to stall I guess.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How did Garchomp deal with any of those?

Time to stall-break! I wonder if Crush King is still good.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How did Garchomp deal with any of those?

Time to stall-break! I wonder if Crush King is still good.
Garchomp is actually a fairly reliable answer to Lucario, being able to take the Extremespeed and all. Garchomp also outsped Salamence and Dragonite, and OHKO'd both. Gyarados was really the only one of the four that stood any chance against Garchomp.

As much as I like Garchomp being gone offensivly, I suddenly realize how much I relied on it in terms of defense as well.

Nice idea. Now I'll have something to say to people when they moan about Garchomp. "Go to the fucking Suspect Test Ladder. Have fun there."

<33333333333333

As much as I like Garchomp being gone offensively, I suddenly realize how much I relied on it in terms of defense as well.
I am finding myself in this position too. For some reason I could not foresee the fact that ScarfChomp is irreplaceable on many of my teams as a reliable way to deal with Infernape, Heatran, Lucario, Tyranitar etc.

The loss of Garchomp to me also means that I lose an answer to Lucario, Tyranitar among others in my team, and I still find that I have to pack counters to Garchomp due to the increasing commonness of Dragonite.

Love it. Can't wait to see how this develops.

Will there at some point be a suspect ladder leaderboard on the Shoddybattle page on the site?

Quite simply, I'm very, very happy that chomp is finally leaving standard and I won't have to face him on every other team.

Well, I'm certainly feeling odd.

My most recent team with zero Ice attacks is doing worse on the Suspect Test than it did on Standard.

Of course, I didn't actually see that many Garchomps when I was playing Standard...

This is Suspect Test ladder is now crawling with Deoxys-S. @.@ I like facing Garchomps better. The biggest thing you have to predict about garchomp is Yache Berry or Choice Scarf. Deoxys-S can be running Choice Specs, Choice Band, Life orb, expert belt, or even run a defensive set with Taunt.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is Suspect Test ladder is now crawling with Deoxys-S. @.@ I like facing Garchomps better. The biggest thing you have to predict about garchomp is Yache Berry or Choice Scarf. Deoxys-S can be running Choice Specs, Choice Band, Life orb, expert belt, or even run a defensive set with Taunt.
Who runs Specs or Band Deoxys-S? I've never even seen it used. It's either that Sash DS-DS Lead or it's LO/Expert Belt.

Who runs Specs or Band Deoxys-S? I've never even seen it used. It's either that Sash DS-DS Lead or it's LO/Expert Belt.
I've used Specs Deoxys to good results before. I do agree to whoever said that the new ladder is crawling with Deoxys-S (I'm seeing it in every match :/). On another note so far I haven't been seeing a lot of stall teams despite people's post/s here.

I never really had problems with Garchomp (no I don't have 3 counters for it, stall team, etc.) I guess my tutors trained me well ^^. It's absence is a welcomed change as it allows it's older dragon siblings see more play (excluding Flygon). Just like Iggybot though I do miss having Chomp on my defensive line up. I play under the nick "Mellowdrone" btw. Thanks have a nice day ^^.

Flygon called. He wishes to send his love to whoever thought of this.

Also, with Garchomp gone, the only nuisances remaining to me are constant SR (People sacrifice a poke just to get SR in, seriously now) and Deoxys-S. The latter truly being a thorn in my side lately. Oh well, time to enter Spiritomb methinks.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I swear to all of you that someone complained too much about Garchomp. IMO, he is one of the easiest Pokemon to counter. Starmie, Forry, Bliss (With Ice Beam) all destroy it. Ice Shard rapes it as well.

You guys need to see that if you quit fearing and whining, Garchomp is no more dangerous than any other Pokemon left to set up.

I'm very unhappy about this. Antoher case of, "if it's good, let's not let anyone use it". Garchomp does NOT have the stats of ubers and is being placed there becasue of consistency? Haha, this is a joke, right??

And get this, I don't even use Garchomp. :/
Shut up. It's a test, it's not the official metagame, it's a test. The whole point of it is to know with certainty what the actual consequences of removing Garchomp are.

I'm infracting posts I see like this from now on.

lol, none of those pokemon counter garchomp, but that's besides the point.

What you are describing is the "slippery slope" theory. I'm not too worried, I trust our mods will do the right thing ( most of the time anyways )

As far as slippery slope, I'm pretty sure Chomp and SR are the only things in the current metagame that could have big enough of an impact.

yea that is becoming a pain, this ladder should really stabilize before people start throwing what is and isn't broken, stealth rock pops up everywhere yes, but removal of that could unleash other demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)