The Team That Did Not Mind The Crazy Weather

After a break from the game, waiting for the meta to stabilize, I return to notice that Blaziken had been banned. As such, my previous team fell apart, so I made this. Brief and to the point.

Initial Look

I had no idea where to start with my new team, so I picked Metagross at complete random, since I like it and it looks viable. At the same time, I decided to build a team based around bulky offense, like I usually do, since I seem to be decent enough at it.

Volcarona and Terrakion seemed to work well with Metagross last time, so I slipped them in this time as well. At this point, I noticed an enormous weakness to status.

Gliscor and Espeon were then added, since the two were able to handle status rather well and didn't overlap weaknesses too much with the rest of the team, except for a rather clear Water weakness. So I looked for something that could handle Rain teams well for the last slot.

As such, Virizion got the last slot, as it can handle most Water-types without too much of an issue. However, testing showed that Virizion wasn't enough on its own.

As such, Rotom Wash Forme replaced Gliscor. Several movesets and EV spreads were also adjusted at this point, in order to get key 2HKOs with Hidden Power Fire. Also, Metagross added Earthquake to its moveset. With this, the team became rather solid.

In-Depth Analysis

Bronze-kun (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 86 Att / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong sets up the rocks, and handles certain threats, mainly ground types, that would sweep the team without effort. It can also tank Draco Meteors from Lati@s. Bronzong runs a 2 Speed IV in order to maximize its Gyro Ball's power. Basically, this Bronzong is glue to keep to keep the team together against the aforementioned issues and serves no other notable purpose. However, without this redundant role, losing to said threats becomes ridiculously easy.

Nickname Origin: An elaborate pun on its English/Japanese name (both of which incidentally mean the same thing).

Manlychomp (Garchomp) ♂ @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Att / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Whenever there's an opportunity, it puts up a sub. If my opponent is particularly bad and gives me more openings, I use Swords Dance. Then I use this to sweep from behind a sub, where status moves can't go near it. Dragon Claw was selected for reliability, and Earthquake for coverage, not to mention that they's both STAB moves. 6 EVs went into Defense instead of HP in order to allow a 4th sub to be made, which would leave it with 1 HP. Normally, this thing can get a sweep in if I kill all steels and everything that's too fast for this thing, which isn't particularly difficult.

Nickname Origin: Its name clearly contains GAR in it, so I translated.

Pulseman (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 160 Def / 130 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom’s position in the team is that of an auxiliary Water resistance. Its Speed EVs were selected in order to barely outpace variants of Scizor, Breloom and Gliscor. The remaining EVs were spread out in a way that maximizes its physical defences. Pain Split allows it to laugh at just about anything if it gets weak enough and has an opening to use it. Discharge was chosen over Thunderbolt solely for the chance of Paralysis. The main threat that Rotom cannot handle itself is Dragons in general. As such, any given Dragon coming in means that it needs to switch to something else.

Nickname Origin: Pulseman, a video game character that was also made by Game Freak, and was also inspiration for Rotom's design. The name was chosen because Tsukumogami was 1 letter too long.

Nekobuncle (Espeon) ♂ @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Att)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Espeon is basically here to abuse Magic Bounce. Its presence makes Ferrothorn unable to Leech Seed or Thunder Wave it. Jellicent cannot burn it without using Scald, etc. At present, when it’s not using Magic Bounce, it’s just a special-based attacker with 110 base Speed, which is rather handy. Psyshock is the usual attack of choice. Hidden Power Fire is used instead of Hidden Power Fire, in order to defeat the enormous amount of Scizor that seem to be switching in just to U-Turn it for an OHKO, as well as the large amount of Ferrothorn that see it as setup fodder. Baton Pass allows it to escape from Pursuit users, and get some boosts to Virizion, Rotom, or Volcarona. Those three can handle most stops to Espeon rather nicely. I am considering making the EV spread more defensive, and maybe running Substitute in that moveset, but it might not be a good idea.

Nickname Origin: A Nekomata, which Espeon is designed after, and Carbuncles, which are small feline creatures with gems embedded into their foreheads.

Aramis (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

When faced with a special-based Water-type, I either send in Volcarona or this, usually this. Giga Drain allows it to out-last most opposing special-based Water-types by healing off of their HP. Hidden Power Ice on this is my main method of eliminating Dragons when Metagross or Volcarona can’t handle it. Focus Blast completes its coverage. As good as this is at what it does, its main downfall appears to be getting Poisoned, Burned or Paralyzed every other battle. I am also considering altering the EV spread to increase its durability against physical attacks, as they’re another major downfall of this.

Nickname Origin: Aramis, the Musketeer which Virizion is designed after.

Atlas (Volcarona) ♂ @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 98 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Att)
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Rest

This is a rather... different Volcarona than most. 98 Speed EVs lets out outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion after 2 Quiver Dances. The rest was pumped into its defenses, focusing on having its physical defense not be paper-thin, which catches a lot of things off-guard. Bug/Fire gives it rather nice coverage from double STAB, although I rather liked having Hidden Power Rock to handle Heatran and several Dragons, there is no room for it. Rest allows rather nice use of its bulk, healing it back to full health after it takes a few attacks while setting up Quiver Dances, allowing it to take hits like a champ and outspeed everything at full health. One of the few downfalls to this, outside of Rock moves, is Hydro Pump coming from Politoed in the Rain, which OHKOs even after a boost or two.

Nickname Origin: The Atlas Beetle, a bug which provided the design for Volcarona's wings.

Super X (Metagross) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Att / 192 SpA / 10 Spe
Brave Nature (+Att, -Spe)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Punch

Metagross’ existence in this team is basically as a counter to several things that would normally be troublesome. Ice Punch with Air Balloon makes it so it’s able to easily take out foes like Dragonite and Garchomp with relative ease. Hidden Power Fire with the current EV spread 2HKOs any Standard Ferrothorn that opted for Shed Shell and didn’t successfully Leech Seed Metagross. As an added bonus, it 2HKOs Scizor, which would wall it under normal circumstances (and thus gets switched into it a lot, causing some funny KOs). Earthquake is for general coverage and power. Bullet Punch was chosen over Meteor Mash because Fire/Ice/Ground is only resisted by 2 Rotom Formes, both of which don’t get threatened by Meteor Mash either. Furthermore, the team was having trouble with fast Pokémon that were either fragile to begin with, or had roughly 10% of their HP left after setting up. Bullet Punch allows for some nice cleaning out of those threats that would otherwise sweep the entire team. 10 Speed EVs allow it to out-speed some variants of Tyranitar. The rest was pumped into its Attack for maximum damage. The remainder was casually dropped into its HP. The main weakness this thing has is either Fire attacks or getting Burned.

Nickname Origin: The X on its face, and Super Computers.

Porthos (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Att, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Terrakion is supposed to use any given opening to boost its speed whenever possible, and proceed to sweep. Supposed to. As it stands, Terrakion is merely used for its speed to hopefully OHKO anything that’s giving me trouble. When something’s faster, its Focus Sash saves it and it proceeds to hit hard anyways. The main reason why it’s usually not boosting a stat is because of all of the status, passive damage, priority moves, and/or Scizor being thrown around making it a terrible idea. The EVs are rather basic, and the nature chosen was for maximum power.

Nickname Origin: Porthos, the Musketeer which Terrakion is designed after.

JIRACHI (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Att / 218 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Jirachi basically walls certain threats, Body Slams the switch-in, and Iron Heads it to death. Whenever there's an opening, it uses Stealth Rock/Wish as appropriate. Wish support is greatly appreciated by a bulky team such as this one, especially when most of the members lack a reliable method of recovery. This Jirachi has very little use late-game. Rocks would already be up, and its attacks aren't particularly powerful. As such, it is generally there for the sole purpose of healing my team after it gets switched out the first time.

Nickname Origin: Jirachi have only been available in events up to gen 4 so far, and nicknaming them is impossible, so the name can only be Jirachi in all caps.

First thing I noticed is Volcarona. Then the lack of a rapid spinner. Seeing as Volcarona does take half its health just by switching in, and this is a bulky Volcarona...well, I just really don't see this fitting in with the rest of your team. I would strongly recommend replacing this. An asleep Volcarona is almost dead useless, as you lack a cleric, and is screaming for a physical attacker to come in and set up on you. Consider replacing this with a more offensive fire type, such as darmanitan, thus functioning as a revenge killer.

I think he means to repel the entry hazards with his espy. Still, I think a rapid spinner and something of yours to lay down spikes would be nice.

Also, I noticed volcarona has 252 spdef evs. It already boosts that stat w/ butterfly dance, so like any calm minder, you should invest in the opposite stat. Basically, switch all the spdef evs to def.

First thing I noticed is Volcarona. Then the lack of a rapid spinner. Seeing as Volcarona does take half its health just by switching in, and this is a bulky Volcarona...well, I just really don't see this fitting in with the rest of your team. I would strongly recommend replacing this. An asleep Volcarona is almost dead useless, as you lack a cleric, and is screaming for a physical attacker to come in and set up on you. Consider replacing this with a more offensive fire type, such as darmanitan, thus functioning as a revenge killer.
That's the point of running Chesto + Rest. While Volcarona generally hates SR, it can still tack on a couple of boosts, still manage to heal off the damage, and proceed to either add on more boosts, or just sweep. There's also Espeon keeping (predicted) entry hazards off of the field.
---
That said, if Espeon's initial purpose is to "abuse" Magic Bounce, then why not try out a Dual Screens variant? Something alone the lines of Reflect|Light Screen|Wish|Psychic would be able to give your sweepers a safety net, as well as a semi-reliable method of checking opposing Terrakion. Though... you may find it best to just swap Espeon out for Gliscor, as your team is astoundingly weak to Garchomp, Terrakion, and stall in general. From there, you can switch Metagross out for Jirachi, as it can check a huge amount of the special threats in this metagame, sponge Outrages and Draco Meteors, can get up Stealth Rock all on its own, and form a very good defensive core with Gliscor and Rotom-W.

Though, if you aren't willing to make that change, then I'd highly suggest dropping Metagross, as it serves almost no purpose to this team outside of being a shaky check to Landorus, Garchomp, Dragonite, and the bunch. You can replace Metagross with a wide array of revenge killers (you can even run ScarfHaxorus if you're really desperate to beat Nite), but I think that you would find it most beneficial run Choice Scarf Garchomp in its slot. Garchomp has every niche that Metagross is attempting to fill in its dual STAB and Fire Blast, as well as a few very helpful traits of its own - immunity to Thunder Wave and trolly base 103 Speed to name a couple; Garchomp also remedies this team's speed problem!

Finally, you might want to consider changing Terrakion's item choice. With a Life Orb, you should find it very easy to net an early KO just by spamming one of Terrakion's STAB options, thanks to the power boost and the fact that most Terrakion are either choiced are boost their stats off the bat. Running a Life Orb also means that you can possibly just forgo Swords Dance and run something alone the lines of Earthquake, X-Scissor, Substitute or even HP Ice to catch some Gliscor off guard. However, if you don't favor the boost in power, then at least run an Air Balloon instead, as it gives Terrakion many more setup opportunities at the cost of some power - and 91/90/90 defenses are pretty bulky by most standards, so running a Focus Sash isn't really all that necessary.

Just a couple of more nitpicks:

1. Give Rotom Will-O-Wisp instead of HP Fire and Thunderbolt instead of Discharge. Most dragons are crippled by a burn more as opposed to paralysis and bulky mons like Ferrothorn become instant setup fodder when burned.
  2. Change Volcarona's spread to: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe. The special bulk really doesn't matter if Volcarona hits like a butterfly lol
Hope you benefit from my rate, and good luck with this team!

Wait, what? Speed problem? He has two 'mons with less than 100 base speed, one of which has a priority move. I still second the Garchomp suggestion. Sub+SD sets can destroy sand teams when the has is with you, alternatively Scarfchomp just destroys shit.

Lemonz and Chillarmy fielded this concern rather well:

I think he means to repel the entry hazards with his espy. Still, I think a rapid spinner and something of yours to lay down spikes would be nice.
That's the point of running Chesto + Rest. While Volcarona generally hates SR, it can still tack on a couple of boosts, still manage to heal off the damage, and proceed to either add on more boosts, or just sweep. There's also Espeon keeping (predicted) entry hazards off of the field.
Against something like Deoxys-S or Ferrothorn, which will obviously try to put up the rocks, I bring Espeon in. Espeon is generally able to set up in Deoxys' face, since Taunt gets bounced back if they try to use it on me.

Against Ferrothorn, I just try to use HP Fighting to kill it while they can only Power Whip, then I bring in something with a Fire attack to finish it off if Espeon gets taken out.

So entry hazards from the 2 biggest culprits are no big deal.

---

That said, if Espeon's initial purpose is to "abuse" Magic Bounce, then why not try out a Dual Screens variant? Something alone the lines of Reflect|Light Screen|Wish|Psychic would be able to give your sweepers a safety net, as well as a semi-reliable method of checking opposing Terrakion. Though... you may find it best to just swap Espeon out for Gliscor, as your team is astoundingly weak to Garchomp, Terrakion, and stall in general. From there, you can switch Metagross out for Jirachi, as it can check a huge amount of the special threats in this metagame, sponge Outrages and Draco Meteors, can get up Stealth Rock all on its own, and form a very good defensive core with Gliscor and Rotom-W.
Screens look interesting, but that has to wait until Wish Magic Bounce Espeon is legal, at which point I have to decide between Screens and Baton Pass.

Until female Dream World Eevee is released (we don't know what gender the DW Eevee coming on the 25th is, but hopefully it comes as female), Magic Bounce Espeon w/Wish is an illegal combo.

Also, as I had mentioned in the team-building process, I've already tried Gliscor. As it stands, Gliscor throws a wrench into my defensive types. It's a 3rd Water weakness. And, if I add the Garchomp you suggested below, it's a 3rd Ice weakness as well.

---

Though, if you aren't willing to make that change, then I'd highly suggest dropping Metagross, as it serves almost no purpose to this team outside of being a shaky check to Landorus, Garchomp, Dragonite, and the bunch. You can replace Metagross with a wide array of revenge killers (you can even run ScarfHaxorus if you're really desperate to beat Nite), but I think that you would find it most beneficial run Choice Scarf Garchomp in its slot. Garchomp has every niche that Metagross is attempting to fill in its dual STAB and Fire Blast, as well as a few very helpful traits of its own - immunity to Thunder Wave and trolly base 103 Speed to name a couple; Garchomp also remedies this team's speed problem!
My reaction to this was nicely summed up by Teandal:

Wait, what? Speed problem? He has two 'mons with less than 100 base speed, one of which has a priority move. I still second the Garchomp suggestion. Sub+SD sets can destroy sand teams when the has is with you, alternatively Scarfchomp just destroys shit.
I'll try ScarfChomp in here.

---

Finally, you might want to consider changing Terrakion's item choice. With a Life Orb, you should find it very easy to net an early KO just by spamming one of Terrakion's STAB options, thanks to the power boost and the fact that most Terrakion are either choiced are boost their stats off the bat. Running a Life Orb also means that you can possibly just forgo Swords Dance and run something alone the lines of Earthquake, X-Scissor, Substitute or even HP Ice to catch some Gliscor off guard. However, if you don't favor the boost in power, then at least run an Air Balloon instead, as it gives Terrakion many more setup opportunities at the cost of some power - and 91/90/90 defenses are pretty bulky by most standards, so running a Focus Sash isn't really all that necessary.
I'm liking the Life Orb suggesting, as well as the Substitute suggestion. Sadly, I can't use both together without being ridiculously suicidal.

HP Ice requires a change in the nature, making it not so bulky.

I've already tried Air Balloon. It rarely comes in handy more than Focus Sash for me for some reason. Focus Sash allows it to survive attacks from those pesky base 110s that barely outspeed it, and respond with either setup or a KO. Air Balloon only helps with switching into Ground attacks.

In any case, I'll go with X-Scissor here, since it helps against Psychic-types.

---

Just a couple of more nitpicks:

1. Give Rotom Will-O-Wisp instead of HP Fire and Thunderbolt instead of Discharge. Most dragons are crippled by a burn more as opposed to paralysis and bulky mons like Ferrothorn become instant setup fodder when burned.
  2. Change Volcarona's spread to: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe. The special bulk really doesn't matter if Volcarona hits like a butterfly lol
Hope you benefit from my rate, and good luck with this team!
Also, I noticed volcarona has 252 spdef evs. It already boosts that stat w/ butterfly dance, so like any calm minder, you should invest in the opposite stat. Basically, switch all the spdef evs to def.
The power behind Volcarona's attacks VS more chances to Quiver Dance. To be quite honest, the times where Volcarona wasn't strong enough were all times where having 252 Special Attack EVs wouldn't have helped. And generally, more Quiver Dances provides more power.

As such, while I am indeed changing its spread, I'm going to try 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe first, since the bulk has been helping immensely. If I find it lacking in the power department, I'll change it to Chillarmy's suggested spread.

I agree with the thing about Rotom-W. Changing that now. The EV spread and Nature are also getting changed, since it doesn't care about the 2HKO with HP Fire, since it won't have HP Fire. Instead, it'll be built more for tanking.

---

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Please keep them coming. I'll edit the opening post after I test.

Threats
-Calm Mind Reuniclus
-Specs Latios

Very nice team, I like the use of ChestoRest Volcarona! However, there are two rather large threats that can give you problems - you lack any significant way to hurt +1 CM Reuniclus (it gets a free setup vs. Rotom-W or Virizion), and it can sweep you pretty easily once it gets that boost. You also lack a safe switch into Specs Latios' Draco Meteor - it can come in repeatedly vs. Rotom-W or Virizion to grab a kill.

My suggestion is to try Specially Defensive Jirachi over Terrakion. It counters both of the aforementioned threats while setting up Stealth Rock in a more reliable manner than Espeon. It also provides Wish support, which is greatly appreciated on a bulky offensive team such as this one.

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Careful | EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Stealth Rock | Wish | Body Slam | Iron Head

Max HP is obvious, the special defense investment hits a bonus point and the remaining EVs go into attack to help take out Reuniclus through para-flinching.

One last nitpick - I would try running HP Fire over HP Fighting on Espeon because Scizor is everywhere and your current set is just begging it to trap you; HP Fighting won't even come close to KOing the standard Tyranitar, so it's fairly useless. A cool way of escaping from said Tar without being trapped is Baton Pass; it's not affected by Pursuit and Scarf is a rarity nowadays so you'll be able to switch out to Virizion for free - you can even pass it a CM! I would run BP over Shadow Ball - Psyshock is more than powerful enough for Jellicent and there's not much else it really hits [Reuniclus, Cofagrigus and Dusclops come to mind but you won't be able to KO them outright so it's generally wise to flee, especially because you can deal with them decently using your other members]. That's all I got for you; hope I helped, good team and good luck!

Threats
-Calm Mind Reuniclus
-Specs Latios

Very nice team, I like the use of ChestoRest Volcarona! However, there are two rather large threats that can give you problems - you lack any significant way to hurt +1 CM Reuniclus (it gets a free setup vs. Rotom-W or Virizion), and it can sweep you pretty easily once it gets that boost. You also lack a safe switch into Specs Latios' Draco Meteor - it can come in repeatedly vs. Rotom-W or Virizion to grab a kill.

My suggestion is to try Specially Defensive Jirachi over Terrakion. It counters both of the aforementioned threats while setting up Stealth Rock in a more reliable manner than Espeon. It also provides Wish support, which is greatly appreciated on a bulky offensive team such as this one.

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Careful | EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Stealth Rock | Wish | Body Slam | Iron Head

Max HP is obvious, the special defense investment hits a bonus point and the remaining EVs go into attack to help take out Reuniclus through para-flinching.

One last nitpick - I would try running HP Fire over HP Fighting on Espeon because Scizor is everywhere and your current set is just begging it to trap you; HP Fighting won't even come close to KOing the standard Tyranitar, so it's fairly useless. A cool way of escaping from said Tar without being trapped is Baton Pass; it's not affected by Pursuit and Scarf is a rarity nowadays so you'll be able to switch out to Virizion for free - you can even pass it a CM! I would run BP over Shadow Ball - Psyshock is more than powerful enough for Jellicent and there's not much else it really hits [Reuniclus, Cofagrigus and Dusclops come to mind but you won't be able to KO them outright so it's generally wise to flee, especially because you can deal with them decently using your other members]. That's all I got for you; hope I helped, good team and good luck!
I'll try the Jirachi.

As for the Baton Pass suggestion... Baton Pass is illegal on Magic Bounce Espeon right now, since all Dream World Eeveelutions are male and thus unable to have the ability bred down to Eevee, which is the only way to get Baton Pass. The release of Dream World Eevee in Japan in 6 days would fix that issue, at which time I'll probably try a set like this:

Espeon ♂ @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind/Substitute/Wish
- Calm Mind/Substitute/Wish
- Psyshock

However, something like that isn't allowed yet for the reasons I've already stated.

As for Hidden Power Fire, that makes sense.

Shadow Ball gets a good hit in on Lati@s and Starmie, so I'm keeping it for now, unless Reflect would be better in that slot?

Actually, now that I think about it, Reflect IS better in that slot. I'll try that, too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Will edit into opening post after I've had a chance to test run it a bit.

I've been saving my 24-hour bump for when Dream World Eevee got released. Now that it has, I can edit Baton Pass onto my Espeon's moveset.

So I did. It really was a good suggestion people made, so I'm adding it now.

Words cannot express how much I like this team. It's almost exactly like a team I played around with a long time ago before my current Gyarados/Cloyster faze set in. You also beat me to the punch about Espeon being "free" with your bump, since I was thinking that as I read through the team.

I have very little to recommend/ask, but here goes. If you've seen me in the RMT area before, I always think of what people to against Excadrill. While I don't see the normal issue here that I do with most teams, I just want to say that you have to be extra careful to out-maneuver an opposing sand team from the looks of it. You do have multiple checks to it, though, and you seem to know what you're doing, so I'd not be worried in the slightest. The only other thing I'd say (which is about 3% useful) is that Dual Screen Espeon made Volcarona an unstoppable monster if it were to walk in and nab a few Dances. Your Espeon, though, is awesome and supportive in a different way thanks to CM Passing. If you're wanting a pseudo-Dual-Screens, though, you could always drop HP Fire for Reflect. Not that I'm recommending that, as I wouldn't do it either with the new Awesome-Espy out and all. XD

The only other thing I could foresee trouble with are some Gengar. Nothing resists Ghost, and, though Jirachi can sometimes stop it, that Sub+Disable set is extremely potent and speedy. Those Shadow Balls - especially ones from Life Orb boosted sets - pack a punch that nothing will enjoy taking besides boosted Volcarona/Virizion. It's not hugely common though, thank goodness.

Still, Awesome team and immensely solid in my view. But again, it's spooky how close this is to an old one of mine...

Hi burnpsy, this is a cool team. There is a big threat to your team though.

Namely, Garchomp can be annoying with his great Dragon / Ground coverage, and at +2 it outspeeds and OHKOs every member of your team bar Virizion and Garchomp, who has to rely on a speed tie to beat him.

What I would like to suggest is a Bronzong over Jirachi. It lacks the Wish support, but Bronzong has Levitate which really helps with Garchomp and other Ground-type users such as Gliscor, Landorus and Excadrill.

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy | 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD | 2 Spe IV
Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Hidden Power Ice / Earthquake

Good team and good luck!

Hi burnpsy, this is a cool team. There is a big threat to your team though.

Namely, Garchomp can be annoying with his great Dragon / Ground coverage, and at +2 it outspeeds and OHKOs every member of your team bar Virizion and Garchomp, who has to rely on a speed tie to beat him.

What I would like to suggest is a Bronzong over Jirachi. It lacks the Wish support, but Bronzong has Levitate which really helps with Garchomp and other Ground-type users such as Gliscor, Landorus and Excadrill.

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy | 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD | 2 Spe IV
Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Hidden Power Ice / Earthquake

Good team and good luck!
I have indeed noticed that issue as well, but I was stumped on how to solve it.

That solution does just that without messing with my team's structure too much, and Jirachi was only meh.

So I'll add that in right away.

@Seth: Coincidences like that are funny. I came up with the first version of this team from scratch on my own, so I can do nothing but laugh at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)