Other The Toge Family: Flying Monotype

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Smogon, it's Croven. After hanging around in Monotype for almost the entire time I've been on Showdown, I finally decided to write an RMT for my Flying team, just for fun. After a long, long time of being hounded for using Flying (reason being Togekiss is my fave pokemon + I like birds) which takes 'no skill' (can't argue that too much) I wanted to make a slightly different team, showcasing Togekiss more than just a para spreader, haxer, and heal beller. I decided to use offensive Togekiss with Nasty Plot. Thing is, Togekiss's middling base 80 Speed isn't too great for an offensive attacker. And its plethora of common weaknesses prevent it from being a solid tank, like Mawile or Scizor. After I realized that, I decided to make my team a paralysis spreading team to complement Togekiss's powerful SpAtk and ability to break through bulky walls with a bit of hax. This worked out perfectly, as I was more accustomed to Bulky Offense/Balanced teams, so it was great to have this team be one of those. After all this was settled, I started making the team!

To those who like ladder things, I'm currently #21 with this team, but I'm just too lazy to ladder. I usually do one game a day, then after seeing me gain 6 points for one win, I just give up. However, I have won my fair share of battles with it, so it is fairly successful.

Look up Pillar Sage Croven for Monotype rating.

Hardass (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
248 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 8 Def
Calm Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Heal Bell
-Roost
-Seismic Toss

Togetic here is so good but people don't even realize it. It has bulk that allows it to avoid the 2HKO from +1 Genesect and Greninja's Ice Beam, feats that are nearly unmatched in the Flying type. With Thunder Wave and Heal Bell, it provides invaluable support to Togekiss and the rest of the team. I used it mostly because I really appreciated the support Togekiss gave on my other teams, and I was a bit lost without it. Thunder Wave also crippled other mons to open up a Togekiss sweep. Seismic Toss just for some consistent damage and to not be Sub SD/DD fodder. Ok fine, main reason I used Togetic was to be non generic. Well that was part of it. I had been debating using it before, since its bulk was extraordinary, and after a friend used it to success, I decided to put it on my team.

SHOCKING!!! (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Spe
Calm Nature
-Discharge
-Toxic
-Defog
-Roost

Zapdos is almost a staple on Flying monos, and for good reason. Its Electric typing gives it a neutrality to opposing Electric attacks, most of which carry HP Ice to fuck over Landorus and other Grounds. With a solid amount of bulk, it can take on the powerful Electrics that need to be eliminated, such as Thundurus and Thundurus-T. This bulk is also what makes it one of the most reliable Defoggers in the Flying type, something no Flying mono can go without. I use Discharge over Thunderbolt for the paralysis chance, which can be really clutch at times. It's similar to Scald vs. Surf. Toxic is for opposing Zapdos and whittle damage, which can be really helpful v some people. Heat Wave could be considered, but I never found it as useful as Toxic. Basically, Zapdos is here to sponge Electric attacks and get Defogs off.

So Tired (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate => Mold Breaker
252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef
Careful Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Ok, y'all better not be hatin on the set. Hate on the EV's, I literally had no idea what to do and slapped them on. But that set is god. Resttalk Gyara is already really good, add DD onto it and it becomes the best Ground cteam there is, besides maybe Stallbreaker Mew. I put this on the squad because Ground is such a pain for Flying to face, and it ruins the strategy of para spread. It also is really, really good against Rock and is pretty good against Ice. Intimidate works really well with Landorus's own Intimidate, creating a double Intimidate core that can easily neutralize physical attackers, making it easier for Zapdos and Togetic to grab a Defog/Roost. I mostly put him on for Ground, but I had used a similar set in OU and I felt like using it again, it was really fun to see a person think they've finally whittled it down, then I click Rest. Plus, it's a great M-Medi check if they don't carry Tpunch. And if they do, Ice Punch isn't carried, and Lando is right there. And if they carry both....he's so lost he needs a map.

Phat (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
248 HP/ 64 Atk/ 228 SpDef
Adamant Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Claw
-Extremespeed
-Roost

Ok, I grabbed this set off the analysis here on Smogon, and replaced DD with Twave. My second para spreader, unless you count Zapdos a spreader with Discharge. To be honest, I don't even remember why I put him on the squad. I just felt like having something fat with Twave, and Dnite fit those requirements, so I put him there. With Multiscale and Roost, he can get even fatter and be a great stop to setup sweepers with Multiscale/Thunder Wave or the great +2 priority in Extremespeed. Um...he has good bulk, and reliable recover, and Thunder Wave, and Multiscale, and ExtremeSpeed....Idk really what else to say about this kid here.

GROUNDBREAKING!!! (Landorus-T) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef
29 Spe IVs
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-U-Turn

Another staple of the Generic Flying team. Lando is the second member of the dual Intimidate core, and works very well with Gyarados. Gyarados absorbs Ice hits that obliterate Landorus, while Lando takes the Electric hits that destroy Gyarados. They both die to BoltBeam, but c'mon, there's only so much one type can do. The full HP and Def EV's are pretty self explanatory, full bulk to tank hits better. Same with Leftovers, passive recovery to make up for the direct recovery it lacks. I run 29 Speed IV's to 'outslow' opposing defensive Lando-T's to get the U-Turn initiative on them. I could use 30, but some people might think they're smart and do that, so I decided to outslow them as well. I don't think it misses out on outspeeding anything without it. Stealth Rocks is a large part of what Lando is for; every team that can viably fit Rocks in on the team should put it on. The utility of this move is just too great. One thing I lack on Landorus is Stone Edge/Rock Slide, which I feel is slightly unnecessary. You're already forcing out other Flying types and setting up Rocks to hit them when they come back in, while Levitaters can be hit hard with Knock Off as well. Knock Off has great utility, I can't really pass it up. The same goes for U-Turn. I don't really have any problems with Flying types, so Stone Edge isn't really that missed.

Falcove (Togekiss) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Serene Grace (what did u honestly expect)
64 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 192 Spe
Modest Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Dazzling Gleam
-Roost

An' there it is. The mother of the Toge family has arrived. Togekiss, the haxing, annoying, beautiful piece of shit it is. This is my tank, bulky attacker, whatever. It can easily eliminate walls that annoy the hell out of me, while being able to sweep itself once the team has been weakened/paralyzed. Its item is kinda weird, Sky Plate. I didn't really know what to put, so I put an item that boosted its Air Slash while also having the boon of being able to bluff Scarf. I might put Sharp Beak there instead, just because it looks/sounds cooler. EV's were taken from my OU team; outspeeds standard variants of Rotom-W and TTar while providing maximum possible power, and a bit in bulk. Nasty Plot, Air Slash, and Roost are a bit obvious, I don't think I need to explain those. The third slot has been changing for me. Right now, I use Dazzling Gleam because Dark monos are annoying as hell, but so is Ferrothorn, so I may add Flamethrower instead. Aura Sphere wasn't doing it for me. That slot is open to some change, so if anybody has a good idea for it, I'd appreciate it. I love Togekiss; it's my favorite Pokemon. I built this team around emphasizing Togekiss's strengths and covering up its weaknesses, and I must say, I'm proud of the result.

More to add later, I'm lazy as hell and want to finish this <.<
Electric Monos: Without Zard X, electric is a pain to deal with. Luckily they aren't too common, but it's annoying to deal with them. Zapdos and Dnite have to put in major work here

Mamoswine: Uggghhhhh. Skarmory is pretty much the one true counter to this thing on Flying, but it was way too passive and did nothing, so I didn't use it. Gyarados is a decent check, but it restricts me from M-Volving, as I lose the Intimidate and gain the ability to get hit by its most powerful STAB, Earthquake. Overall a pain to deal with.

Ferrothorn: Can't really do to much besides set up Rocks and do passive damage with Leech Seed, but it's just annoying to deal with and KO.

Ice Monos: What Flying mono doesn't have trouble with these, especially with Kyu-W unbanned. Gyarados is pretty much my only shot at winning here, and it's usually Gyarados + 4 sacs + 1 sac that has Defog vs. an Ice monotype.

Hardass (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Seismic Toss

Falcove (Togekiss) @ Sky Plate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

SHOCKING! (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

GROUNDBREAKING! (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

And that's the team people! I wrote this RMT mostly for fun, but I would really appreciate it if I could get some advice on it, as this has now become my main team (somehow) and is doing well, but I'd like to make it more efficient and more able to handle with the top Monotypes, mainly Fairy, which I sometimes struggle to beat without a Charizard X. Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you around!

MAJESTIC AS FUCK
FEAR TEH FAIRY BURD

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
Specs Kyurems a bitch to your team. I has no suggestions but yeah :D
>Implying Specs Kyurem isn't a bitch for any Flying mono. That's rly legit Ant, why dont u cteam ice and make a team w/ a counter to specs kyuw? and thx for all the helpful suggestions ^^

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Croven ^_^

Cool team, just a few things:

• Your Dragonite has more than maximum possible EV's. :toast:
  • It looks like Ferrothorn / Scizor are huge threats to your team with no means to wall them like Skarmory and no fire-type coverage. I suggest Heat Wave on Zapdos over Toxic, or Fire Punch over Thunder Wave on Dragonite. If you do take out toxic from Zapdos in favor of Heat Wave, I recommend Toxic over Thunder Wave on Togetic as your team struggles against a fair amount of walls, and you already have Thunder Wave support on Dragonite.

• Sky Plate seems kind of odd on Togekiss, I think an item like Leftovers would help better as it allows you to set up easier, or perhaps a Lum berry or Life orb to be more offensive, preventing status and boosting power, respectively.
  • Standard Mew with 144 speed EV's, Will-o-Wisp and taunt easily destroys your whole team, outspeeding your Togekiss and taunting it. With Psychic Monotypes being so common, this is a problem. There are a few things you can do to get past Mew:
    1. Use max speed timid Togekiss to outspeed Mew.
    2. Replace Gyarados or Dragonite for bulky Charizard - X (which leaves Gyarados with lefties).
    3. Replace Togekiss for Taunt or Nasty Plot Thundurus-I (I KNOW YOU'LL HATE ME FOR THIS)
Overfull fun team!

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
Hi Croven ^_^

Cool team, just a few things:

• Your Dragonite has more than maximum possible EV's. :toast:
  • It looks like Ferrothorn / Scizor are huge threats to your team with no means to wall them like Skarmory and no fire-type coverage. I suggest Heat Wave on Zapdos over Toxic, or Fire Punch over Thunder Wave on Dragonite. If you do take out toxic from Zapdos in favor of Heat Wave, I recommend Toxic over Thunder Wave on Togetic as your team struggles against a fair amount of walls, and you already have Thunder Wave support on Dragonite.

• Sky Plate seems kind of odd on Togekiss, I think an item like Leftovers would help better as it allows you to set up easier, or perhaps a Lum berry or Life orb to be more offensive, preventing status and boosting power, respectively.
  • Standard Mew with 144 speed EV's, Will-o-Wisp and taunt easily destroys your whole team, outspeeding your Togekiss and taunting it. With Psychic Monotypes being so common, this is a problem. There are a few things you can do to get past Mew:
    1. Use max speed timid Togekiss to outspeed Mew.
    2. Replace Gyarados or Dragonite for bulky Charizard - X (which leaves Gyarados with lefties).
    3. Replace Togekiss for Taunt or Nasty Plot Thundurus-I (I KNOW YOU'LL HATE ME FOR THIS)
Overfull fun team!
Thanks for replying Falls, and yeah, you pretty much nailed my biggest weaknesses. Ferrothorn and Mew are the banes of my team. heat wave on Zapdos can be tested, but toxic has a variety of uses that I appreciate, mostly for Flying V Flying though (which I tend to do often). I think I'll make a separate team with Heat Wave on Zap, but I will put Timid max speed on Togekiss, flinchhaxing outplaying the opponent with Togekiss is always nice. Tbh, Sky Plate is kinda helpful in random scenarios, the extra power boost is nice. Also, the ability to bluff Scarf is quite nice against some teams.
Hi Croven ^_^
    1. Replace Togekiss for Taunt or Nasty Plot Thundurus-I (I KNOW YOU'LL HATE ME FOR THIS)
dont even try do you not see the title called 'toge family' fgt,,,

Hi, I really like your team. However, I think there needs to be some changes.

1. Change Serene Grace with Hustle because ParaFlinch is for n00bs. It also gets Work Up and ExtremeSpeed.
2. Make Gyarados have max HP + Sp Def investment and add Fire Blast because you can hit Ferrothorn for extra damage while living Specs Draco Meteors.
3. Change Togetic to Golbat because it has more bulk and it looks cooler.
4. Dragonite should have Heal Bell and Defog because that's a cool set.
5. Lando-T needs Outrage because it's good cuz I've used it before and peaked #1
6. On second thought, change Togekiss to Crobat because Crobat is cool and change the title to the Bat Family.
7. Change Discharge to Hp Flying because Discharge is for noobs and you need Flying STAB because you are using a Flying Monotype.

Togekiss:

Falcove (Togekiss) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Hustle
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Adamant Nature
-Work Up
-Extremespeed
-Aerial Ace
-Roost

Extremespeed for priority spam. And since you have that, you can invest in HP for more bulk.
Roost is for recovery
Aerial Ace for STAB and a way of hitting Ghost types. But then again, Ghost types are bad and you should never see them
Silk Scarf is for more power and you seem to like things that boost a certain type.

Gyarados:

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Dragon / Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

Calm is for boosting your awesome sp def
Fire Blast is for hitting Ferrothorns for SE Damage.
Thunderbolt is for Skarmory switchins and opposing Gyarados
HP Dragon is for hitting Kyurem-W for SE damage. You also hit other Dragons.
Ice Beam is for Dragons and for stuff like Thundy-T who is immune to Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump is STAB so that's needed
No Def investment is necessary because Intimidate

Togetic -> Golbat

Hardass (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
248 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 8 Def
Careful Nature
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Toxic
-Super Fang

Brave Bird is strong and it hits through substitutes. It also has the ever important STAB
Roost is for longitivtiy
Toxic is to prevent stuff from setting up on you
Super Fang cuts your opp's health in half
Max HP and Def because it's meant to live stuff like Latios's Draco Meteor

Dragonite:

248 HP/ 8 Atk/ 252 Def
Impish Nature
-Defog
-Dragon Claw
-Heal Bell
-Roost

Defog cuz Flying hates rocks
Dragon Claw cuz STAB
Heal Bell for support since Togetic went bye bye
Roost so you live longer
Max HP and Def so you can take Ice Punches from opposing Hustle Togekiss

Landorus-T

GROUNDBREAKING!!! (Landorus-T) @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn

I won the first Botl ever hosted because of Scarf Outrage so it's good

Outrage is awesome, and it lures in stuff
Earthquake is STAB so that's important
Rock Slide is for hax because hax is cool
U-turn is for gaining momentum and all mlg Pokeman players have it on their landos
Max Atk + Speed for obvious reasons and scarfs kill non scarfed Electrics

Go to the top
click thread options or something like that
click change title
Write this: The Bat Cave - Flying monotype
Click Save
Tada :D

Also make sure Crobat is the Nasty Plot variant cuz that OP

Zapdos

252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
-Hidden Power Flying
-Toxic
-Defog
-Roost

Yeah, it's alright. All nubs make this mistake. But you must need a STAB move on all of your Pokemon cuz that's the rules. If you don't do it, the spooky skeleton will ate you.

Hidden Power Flying because no one likes Air Cutter misses. Also, I'm too pro to use Fly.
Look, don't rely on hax cuz I iz the haxqueen here k thx

I spent a while writing this so I hope you enjoy :]

Croven

certified genius
Hi, I really like your team. However, I think there needs to be some changes.

1. Change Serene Grace with Hustle because ParaFlinch is for n00bs. It also gets Work Up and ExtremeSpeed.
2. Make Gyarados have max HP + Sp Def investment and add Fire Blast because you can hit Ferrothorn for extra damage while living Specs Draco Meteors.
3. Change Togetic to Golbat because it has more bulk and it looks cooler.
4. Dragonite should have Heal Bell and Defog because that's a cool set.
5. Lando-T needs Outrage because it's good cuz I've used it before and peaked #1
6. On second thought, change Togekiss to Crobat because Crobat is cool and change the title to the Bat Family.
7. Change Discharge to Hp Flying because Discharge is for noobs and you need Flying STAB because you are using a Flying Monotype.

Togekiss:

Falcove (Togekiss) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Hustle
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Adamant Nature
-Work Up
-Extremespeed
-Aerial Ace
-Roost

Extremespeed for priority spam. And since you have that, you can invest in HP for more bulk.
Roost is for recovery
Aerial Ace for STAB and a way of hitting Ghost types. But then again, Ghost types are bad and you should never see them
Silk Scarf is for more power and you seem to like things that boost a certain type.

Gyarados:

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Dragon / Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

Calm is for boosting your awesome sp def
Fire Blast is for hitting Ferrothorns for SE Damage.
Thunderbolt is for Skarmory switchins and opposing Gyarados
HP Dragon is for hitting Kyurem-W for SE damage. You also hit other Dragons.
Ice Beam is for Dragons and for stuff like Thundy-T who is immune to Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump is STAB so that's needed
No Def investment is necessary because Intimidate

Togetic -> Golbat

Hardass (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
248 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 8 Def
Careful Nature
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Toxic
-Super Fang

Brave Bird is strong and it hits through substitutes. It also has the ever important STAB
Roost is for longitivtiy
Toxic is to prevent stuff from setting up on you
Super Fang cuts your opp's health in half
Max HP and Def because it's meant to live stuff like Latios's Draco Meteor

Dragonite:

248 HP/ 8 Atk/ 252 Def
Impish Nature
-Defog
-Dragon Claw
-Heal Bell
-Roost

Defog cuz Flying hates rocks
Dragon Claw cuz STAB
Heal Bell for support since Togetic went bye bye
Roost so you live longer
Max HP and Def so you can take Ice Punches from opposing Hustle Togekiss

Landorus-T

GROUNDBREAKING!!! (Landorus-T) @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn

I won the first Botl ever hosted because of Scarf Outrage so it's good

Outrage is awesome, and it lures in stuff
Earthquake is STAB so that's important
Rock Slide is for hax because hax is cool
U-turn is for gaining momentum and all mlg Pokeman players have it on their landos
Max Atk + Speed for obvious reasons and scarfs kill non scarfed Electrics

Go to the top
click thread options or something like that
click change title
Write this: The Bat Cave - Flying monotype
Click Save
Tada :D

Also make sure Crobat is the Nasty Plot variant cuz that OP

Zapdos

252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
-Hidden Power Flying
-Toxic
-Defog
-Roost

Yeah, it's alright. All nubs make this mistake. But you must need a STAB move on all of your Pokemon cuz that's the rules. If you don't do it, the spooky skeleton will ate you.

Hidden Power Flying because no one likes Air Cutter misses. Also, I'm too pro to use Fly.
Look, don't rely on hax cuz I iz the haxqueen here k thx

I spent a while writing this so I hope you enjoy :]
wish i could like a post more than 1 time. thx for the sets, i'll implement the changes shortly. physical togekiss is something i should've used, idk why i didn't earlier. one thing tho, heal bell and multiscale are illegal together, same with defog :[[[ would be gr8 set tho thx for replying

wish i could like a post more than 1 time. thx for the sets, i'll implement the changes shortly. physical togekiss is something i should've used, idk why i didn't earlier. one thing tho, heal bell and multiscale are illegal together, same with defog :[[[ would be gr8 set tho thx for replying
That's bs, I call hacks. Look, I can sell you a gameshark for PS! you want it?

Also, i forgot to tell you that you need an Emolga on the team. You're weak to stuff like dedenne

Hey there Croven! Nice team but I can see some changes being made. I get why you put t-wave on dragonite, but I really would suggest you run something different, maybe DD could help. Another change I can see is that you run fire blast, like Anttyaz said, because ferro is a threat. Other than that, great team and have fun laddering!

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Croven,

Really cool team mate! Couple suggestions:
  • Consider running the para-shuffle Dnite set. Its annoying asf and does a much better job of spreading paralysis. It also gives you a way to phaze setup sweepers if they get too carried away. If mono-dragon attacking is a problem then forego the "shuffle" portion and put fire blast (or something else) on there. I've personally been contemplating that set with Focus Punch with how good it is at setting up a sub, but haven't convinced myself it will work yet.
  • As for that nasty Ferro weakness, why not put fire coverage on Togekiss over the Fairy STAB. Only threats I can think of that Fire/Flying misses out on neutral damage are Ttar, Mega-Amphy and the Rotom's. Between Lando and Zapdos, those are pretty well handled though. Obviously, this is assuming you don't run fire blast on Dnite.
Anyways, it looks like a really good team and obviously you play it well. Also, its really nice to see non-generic flying. :)

Croven

certified genius
Hey there Croven! Nice team but I can see some changes being made. I get why you put t-wave on dragonite, but I really would suggest you run something different, maybe DD could help. Another change I can see is that you run fire blast, like Anttyaz said, because ferro is a threat. Other than that, great team and have fun laddering!
Thanks for replying! DD on Dnite is a bit iffy, but I can test it and see how it goes. I just really liked Twave in that slot, I feel happier crippling enemies and watching them struggle =3=. Fire Blast is definitely an option, with Dragonite's usable SpAtk, and especially with Ferrothorn being such an issue. I can test both and come back later.

Hi Croven,

Really cool team mate! Couple suggestions:
  • Consider running the para-shuffle Dnite set. Its annoying asf and does a much better job of spreading paralysis. It also gives you a way to phaze setup sweepers if they get too carried away. If mono-dragon attacking is a problem then forego the "shuffle" portion and put fire blast (or something else) on there. I've personally been contemplating that set with Focus Punch with how good it is at setting up a sub, but haven't convinced myself it will work yet.
  • As for that nasty Ferro weakness, why not put fire coverage on Togekiss over the Fairy STAB. Only threats I can think of that Fire/Flying misses out on neutral damage are Ttar, Mega-Amphy and the Rotom's. Between Lando and Zapdos, those are pretty well handled though. Obviously, this is assuming you don't run fire blast on Dnite.
Anyways, it looks like a really good team and obviously you play it well. Also, its really nice to see non-generic flying. :)
Omg, parashuffler Dnite! brb using that now. Yeah, that set looks p nice, and I probably will use it soon. Flamethrower/Fire Blast will be tested on that as well, since Ferro is such a damn pain. Though I might just take up your offer on the second bullet, putting Flamethrower/Fire Blast on Togekiss, which can come in handy against Steel. I like DG mostly for Dark types, who I seem to struggle with, but I can test out both. Thanks to both of you for rating~ ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)