there's a heatran in the pokemon tv show so i made a thread about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they used the Darkrai/Latios guy simply as a means to make sure Ash didn't win the Sinnoh league. Ash was simply getting too powerful, and they had to resort to using Ubers to keep him in check.
that's why it's best pokèmons lost against a level 5 snivy

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
What would an AR look like? Like, in the Anime? Would it be like one of those big huge machines that Bill has?

I think they used the Darkrai/Latios guy simply as a means to make sure Ash didn't win the Sinnoh league. Ash was simply getting too powerful, and they had to resort to using Ubers to keep him in check.
They can make him lose to anything. It could've been any kind of Gary Stu, like the dumbass with Kecleon. But they had to pick a guy that clashes with everything the anime (mostly the movies) stand for.

Anime BS will be anime BS -__-

It often tries in a sort of half-hearted way to emulate the games, (like mentioning levels outright lol) but quickly returns to its regular ridiculous shit afterwards.

i agree. one of my favorite parts of the televideo pokemon partition is the movies because of the true sense of awe and wonder you get from the legendaries (celebi voice of the forest is particularly effective -- how beauteous and mysterious and magical is suicune when hesheit purifies the water?) that said i think there could be an interesting synthesis as jibaku said, moving slightly away from awe-inspiring legendaries to the point where dialogue/communication could be established with humans so they are not just magnificent but untouchable pillars in the pokeverse but more complex creatures with complex relationships to humans (though not the portrayal in the forementioned episode which is not analogous to that central theme that legendaries have interesting complexity and just treats them as !bosses that can defeat ash for entertainment/interest value).

They can make him lose to anything. It could've been any kind of Gary Stu, like the dumbass with Kecleon. But they had to pick a guy that clashes with everything the anime (mostly the movies) stand for.
IIRC Pikachu has beaten a Dragonite

and yet lost to a Snivy (or so I'm told)

So yeah it could've been anything.

disclaimer: may not know what i am talking about

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Bellsprout's legs act as miniature lightningrods to repel the electric attacks!

meanwhile they 1hko brock's geodude lol, you could just tell he's sitting on the sidelines going "what bs is this"

For what it's worth, I would be far more likely to watch the anime again if it looked anything like the BW2 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdp_dLEdqU&feature=relmfu

Otherwise, I stopped caring long ago. Best match besides Bellsprout kicking shit was Gary/Ash in like season 4 or something, everything since has kinda stunk. Not to mention there's also the general trend of whoever beats Ash loses in the final round thereafter too besides the Darkrai/Latios dude.

that guy who used darkrai / latios was ridiculous.

also i love how pikachu's strength is pretty much determined by who ash is battling, he might beat something stupidly strong, then lose to something stupidly weak.

According to the show, Lugias can breed. Talk about devaluing legendaries. If only they would breed in the games. Maybe I'd have some use for that XD lugia then.

For what it's worth, I would be far more likely to watch the anime again if it looked anything like the BW2 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdp_dLEdqU&feature=relmfu

Otherwise, I stopped caring long ago. Best match besides Bellsprout kicking shit was Gary/Ash in like season 4 or something, everything since has kinda stunk. Not to mention there's also the general trend of whoever beats Ash loses in the final round thereafter too besides the Darkrai/Latios dude.
Holy fuck, did that Ice Beam make Seviper explode!?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
According to the show, Lugias can breed. Talk about devaluing legendaries. If only they would breed in the games. Maybe I'd have some use for that XD lugia then.
I'm pretty sure Legendaries can breed if they want to. But they are too proud to do it in some dude's back garden at the command of a ten-year old kid.

I'm pretty sure Legendaries can breed if they want to. But they are too proud to do it in some dude's back garden at the command of a ten-year old kid.
But... But... But... Lugia, I thought you'd do anything for me :(
I even gave you 20 rare candies and a ton of vitamins, and walked you everywhere :(

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think what hinders the legendaries from breeding isn't their love for the trainer, but the fact that the game doesn't let you build suitable locales for breeding. I mean, you leave your Lugia and Ho-oh in the back yard of a random old couple, then leave the place without a word (yes and no being your only spoken words outside battles). Do you really expect these ancient, powerful, worshipped creatures to jump at each other and produce eggs while awaiting your return?

Though, Entei can be seen to reproduce quite frequently:

D/P/Pt Pokédex said:
It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.
Silver Pokédex said:
... It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears.
I think we can say that Entei reproduce by roaring, rather than laying eggs.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
man what a teaser. From the forum page, all it said was:

"the pokemon anime finally ..."

For a moment I hoped it would say:

"the pokemon anime finally going to END."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)