Media Things You Would Consider "Peak Fiction"

why would i fight you on that

sure, HP is great, but it's starting to lose its greatness as time goes on.

the HP movies are kinda mid; fight me on that.
someone finaly gets it.
The world is cool, parts of the plot are cool, some of the characters are engaging, and it had some cool ideas, but most of it is just kinda, eh. At least its better than star wars.
In preperation for the Star wars fans about to come and murder me and everyone i love, heres my analysis on the star wars series.
Star wars does have some cool world building. However, the world of starwars is infinitely better than the plot. there was a lot of thought and care put into it, but the original triligy and the prequals feel like the live action avatar TLA movie, in that its a shows worth of content being put into a movie. I think star wars would be a lot better if it was a show. which is suported by the fact that there are star wars shows, and all of them (exept kenobi) are better than every movie star wars has made. Its tough to be invested in the plot when it has worse pacing than the mario movie. the only difference is that the mario movies selling point wasnt the plot. do i think star wars did a lot for cinema? yes. do i think it was good for the time? also yes. do i think it had some intresting ideas? definetely. do i think it holds up to todays movies? absolutely not.
that take was so hot it gave me third-degree burns. i am currently in the hospital. not from the burns. the star wars fans found me.

Last edited:
In terms of shows, I have one that I think not enough people have seen.
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - Wikipedia

I'm dead serious.
Somehow, Dreamworks got the rights to a He-Man spinoff, and they proceeded to make one of the best children's shows ever. None of this is ironic, this is a show that shouldn't be as good as it is. Go watch it now. It's on Netflix. You'll thank me later.
i need to watch she-ra, genuinely
and they proceeded to make one of the best children's shows ever.
if The Last Wish has proved anything; even children's shows and movies can be spectacular.

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
whenever sukuna possesses yuji in jjk is such peak fiction and whenever oden is on screen in one piece

Celeste is probably one of the greatest games out there. The story itself talks about anxiety, about not giving up, and the gameplay reflects that perfectly. The game is hard, but not a single death will feel like the game's fault. The best part of the game, without a doubt, is the movement. The movement system does have some minor oversights, but these oversights are so minute that they never apply to more casual players, and incredibly dedicated players have pushed them to the absolute limits. The very minor oversight that the dash's 1.2x speed boost is not lost immediately when you dash downwards diagonally is going to be completely ignored by any casual playthrough, but it is responsible for the ultradash, which is objectively the best piece of movement tech in gaming history.

i need to watch she-ra, genuinely

if The Last Wish has proved anything; even children's shows and movies can be spectacular.
Every once in a while, a really good piece of children's media just pops up. There's a show called Hilda I really liked on netflix, even though I'm definitely too old to be watching it.

Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) is peak fiction in terms of world building, story, and commentary on the human condition.

It is a Japanese novel by Yusuke Kishi, later adapted into an anime and manga series. The story is set in a dystopian future where humanity has developed psychic abilities, focusing on a group of children as they grow up in this society and uncover dark secrets about their world and the history of psychic humans. As they delve deeper, they face moral dilemmas and threats from both the ruling powers and monstrous creatures known as "Queerats." The narrative explores themes of power, morality, and the nature of society through a blend of science fiction, fantasy, and horror elements.

I recommend watching the anime (subbed, not dubbed), but read the novel if you want additional information or context, the manga is fan-service garbage that adds nothing. The animation isn't the greatest, and the pacing can be poor at times, but the payoff of the story left me a lasting impact only rivaled by 1984 and Brave New World.

Code Geass is definitely a top 10 anime at the very least. I don't really appreciate the fan service and there are a few asspull plot points but it's an amazing anime and probably the best thriller/suspense work I've ever seen.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
In terms of shows, I have one that I think not enough people have seen.
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - Wikipedia

I'm dead serious.
Somehow, Dreamworks got the rights to a He-Man spinoff, and they proceeded to make one of the best children's shows ever. None of this is ironic, this is a show that shouldn't be as good as it is. Go watch it now. It's on Netflix. You'll thank me later. It has its flaws. There's like 3 of them, and one of them really isn't a flaw, so much of a thing I disliked. Trust me. Watch it. Watch it now. You won't regret it.
yes! i forgot abt it but she-ra is rlly perfect
i need to watch that again...

Edit: Yeah it probably wasn't perfect but I was younger and had lower expectations. Hope that makes sense :)

Last edited:
yes! i forgot abt it but she-ra is rlly perfect
i need to watch that again...
i dont think its perfect, the last season had a few problems that would have been solved if it were two seasons
thats right, my main complaint about the show is that i want it to be longer. that should tell you all you need to know.

that being said, here are some of my main complaints
non spoilers
i dont like the theme song
1. horde prime needed more time to develop as a villain. he was good, but with more screen time he could have been better.
2. i dont have a problem with catra and adora getting together on paper, but catras redemption arc was kinda rushed. no individual part of it was bad, but it would have been much more natural if there was another season.
3. the poison being cleared from adora after she kissed catra was never really explained. i do have a theory on why that works. the first ones seemed to want she-ra to not have attatchments. it was also shown that they weakened the magic of etheria for control over it. i believe that she-ra gets power from love and friendship and all that, and the first ones made sure she-ra didnt have attatchments to weaken her so she would be easier to control. therfore, love strengthened her enoug to fight off the poison. the thing is, this is not the kind of show where you have to figure out important story elements for yourself. it should have explained why that happened. also, if i got any information wrong, sorry, i havent watched this in a while.
4 flaws. only 2 of them are really flaws at all. great show, watch it now.

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
The Sopranos
One Piece
Undertale
Infinity Train
American Psycho
Perfect Blue
Hereditary
So many good takes. The Sopranos is amazing. I am a huge ATLA fan too! I just recently started watching One Piece (only on episode 47 or so), so I am hoping I get the peak fiction experience

I know its been said to death, but sherk 2 really is a perfect sequel. I don't think its possible to make a better sequel then it. (and best sequel ≠ best movie. It's much more easier to make a perfect sequel then a perfect movie and I definitely don't think sherk 2 is the best movie ever made)

Last edited:

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I consider Legend of the Galactic Heroes to be peak fiction. I love the music (Mahler is the main reason why I love it) and the slow, gradual pacing. In the age of instant gratification, it is a breath of fresh air. It is a fantastic space opera with many twists and turns, and you never know when an important character will die. The best way to describe it is as a combination of Star Wars and Game of Thrones but better.

I would also add Oddysey and The Iliad. Although they're over 4,000 years old, the stories are still enjoyable. The story of Odysseus' 10-year journey home is iconic, and with the advent of new translations, there is always something new to read with each translation. The Iliad describes the Trojan War in an engaging and exhilarating manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)