ORAS UU This is what wall breaking looks like, right?

Hey everyone, I have another UU RMT for ya. I've been doing some experimenting since the Mega split and the Crawdaunt drop, and while this team is decent, it does have its noticeable flaws. I really like the idea I had with the team, and I would really like to see these guys do well. Any and all input is welcome.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

So yeah, this thing is now free to roam in UU, and I think it fits with the crowd really well. Crawdaunt serves as the physical wall breaker of the team, and the combination of the Life Orb and Adaptability makes him really good at his job. Add Swords Dance to the mix, and even Aqua Jet can score some quick KOs. Knock Off and Crabhammer are the non-priority STAB moves of choice, and both hit foes like a truck. Knock Off also has the ever-popular benefit of removing the foe's item, and that's a nice little niche to have on this team. That star on his head isn't misplaced, as he's a star of this team.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Now allowed to roam free in UU, regular Gardevoir here serves as the special wall breaker of the team. Unlike Crawdaunt, Gardevoir is more limited with her moves, seeing as she's locked into whatever move she uses thanks to the Choice Specs. I do find myself using the STAB moves, Moonblast and Psyshock, more than the other two. Focus Blast can help deal with those pesky Steel-types, and Thunderbolt's just kind of there for lack of better options, or so was my thought process at the time (Shadow Ball would probably be the better option there). Along with a Timid nature, the 244 Speed EVs allow Gardevoir to get the outspeed on guys such as Feraligatr and Mega Blastoise, as well as everything slower without a Scarf.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static --> Mold Breaker
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell

Fabio returns, and he's looking more fabulous than ever. I had posted a similar Ampharos in my last UU RMT, and I was suggested the above EV spread, and it's been working out pretty well. Volt Switch is one of my favorite moves of the game, and momentum gaining is one of my favorite strategies to go along with. It works well with Crobat (who we'll see later on), as Mega Amphy is the slow momentum gainer of the team, which can be crucial for the team's survivability. Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast are the standard other moves on Mega Amphy, and Heal Bell was the move I went with for the last slot, so I can have something to remove status as need be.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Metagross here used to be a bit of a poison for me, as I would never seem to win a match when I had one on a team. One day, in the days of XY UU, I tried out a set similar to this, and it worked out pretty well. This is a really weird EV spread, and I'm not sure if this is the one I used with the original one. He's the obligatory Stealth Rock setter of the team, and he's not even hindered by the not-often-seen Sticky Web with his Clear Body. Toxic is there to slow foes down, Zen Headbutt is his main form of damage that can occasionally land a flinch, and Bullet Punch is basically just a slow finishing move if I need one besides Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 136 HP / 136 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

As with Amphy, this Crobat was posted in an earlier RMT (the same one, actually), and this EV spread was suggested and works well. Crobat is usually the lead, and I often find myself U-turning away to something else, depending on the matchup. The U-turn here also forms the aforementioned VoltTurn core with Amphy, and Crobat is the faster momentum gainer (and one of the fastest Pokemon in the game at that). Brave Bird is there because it's Brave Bird, Roost keeps Crobat alive a little bit longer, and Defog removes all those hazards and screens that are all over the field when Crobat's out on the field. Crobat's been reliable whenever I've used him, and the same applies to this team.

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 8 SpA / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Flamethrower

Arcanine here was a bit of a wildcard, and he's a bit of an odd fit on the team. He has a really weird EV spread, especially since specially defensive Arcanine isn't seen too often. I've actually seen this Arcanine survive a LO Hydreigon's Draco Meteor at full health (wish I had proof of that), so I guess I did something right with the set. Will-O-Wisp is there to burn things that need to be burned (as opposed to Toxic on Metagross), and Morning Sun keeps him alive for a while. Roar is the phazing move, and it's probably my favorite thing on this set, just for the cancellation of set-up sweeps. Flamethrower surprises some foes, and since he's a Calm nature, Flare Blitz (along with its recoil damage) would not have been the best choice, especially on a defensive set.

And there's this team. They've done well, but I always feel like my teams can do better. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks, and have a great day!

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 136 HP / 136 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 8 SpA / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar
- Flamethrower

This team looks pretty solid, but i think Mega-Swampert would give it troubles. Engergy Ball or Grass Knott on Gardavoir over Thunderbolt is a OHKO to even max SpD Swamperts.

252 SpA Choice Specs Gardevoir Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 428-508 (105.9 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Gardevoir Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 384-456 (95 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)