• Rotom-wash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gyarodos-mega

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QC:1/3
GP:

[OVERVIEW]

- Above average speed tier enabling it to out speed base 110 base stat pokemon like Metagross-mega, or above 100 base speed pokemon likekeldeo-resolute, pinsir-mega, and base 100's like manaphy.
- It also has very good offensive stats making it a difficult Pokemon to deal with,or counter.
- Thundurus-i does also rely on a 70% accurate attack to hit steel types that would otherwise deal with Thundurus-i very well.Thundurus-i also suffers from 4mss as it has to make a choice to drop taunt for nasty plot,or drop focus blast for taunt and such.
- Its ability prankster, allows Thundurus-i to act as a stall breaker and weaken Pokemon that would otherwise like to switch into it like chansey.This ability also gives it priority set up which is very situational though as there are not many taunt user faster than Thundurus-i.
- Its second ability defiant also allows it to pose as an efficient defog punisher which works exceptionally well on webs ho.
- Unfortunately it is easily weakened by stealth rocks,and can be revenge killed by scarfers like nihilego, or just killed by faster threats like ice beam protean greninja.
- It also has a lot of competition with Tapu Koko as it's not as fast and doesn't do as much damage as tapu koko.Like Thundurus-i Tapu Koko also works as a fast taunt user making running Tapu Koko over thundurus-i not that hard to do.

[SET]
name:physical defiant
move 1:Fly
move 2:Wild charge
move 3:Super power
move 4:Knock off
item: Flynium Z
ability:Defiant
nature:Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 252 spe / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
moves
=======
- Fly is so Thundurus-i can have a good physical flying stab attack. When abused with defiant,at +2 it has a chance to ohko defensive Landorus-t after rocks,and can even do 71% to a Metagross-mega which is a lot for a resisted move.
- Wild charge is used so Thundurus-i can have a good physical electric stab move.Instead of using thunderbolt Wild charge is used to surprise two hit ko things like chansey and abuse defiant as much as possible.
- Superpower is used so Thundurus-i can get past annoying steel types like heatran and ferrothorn without wasting the Z move.I ditched focus blast on this set so I can abuse defiant as much as Thundurus-i could.
- Lastly Knock is is used to cripple Pokemon that need there item like chansey(this is assuming you are not at +2) this attack is mainly to kill marowak-alola after defiant boost or cripple a Pokemon that would like leftovers,like Clefable.

Set details
=========
-max speed jolly is used so Thundurus-i is able to outspeed threats like Gengar and Metagross-mega.
- 252 attack evs are used to maximize its attack stat and two hit ko things like chansey after defiant boost.
- 4 defensive evs are used for priority(only one spa priority move is in the game and there are no viable Pokemon that access it),though it's extremely situational.
- Flynium Z is used for strong physical flying stab that can nuke Pokemon like Landorus-t and can catch things like Tapu bulu by surprise.

Usage tips
========

- Try not to use this Pokemon until hazards are up and your opponent has a defogger in.It's best that you keep it healthy as due to Wild charge recoil it can die quickly if weakened.
- This set also works best late game where Thundurus-i would not die as fast from recoil as late game your opponent should not have much Pokemon left, or a lot of healthy Pokemon left,especially on ho.
- Also when bringing this in make sure hazards are not on the field as if they are it can really minimize Thundurus-i's sweeping potential or at least wall breaking potential.
- Try and weaken Pokemon Thundurus-i has to Wild charge on like bulky waters as it can extend Thundurus-i's chaos after +2.

Team options
============
- Sash lead web setters like shuckle or smearglw are great teammates as it pressures the opp not to defog away the webs as doing so can severely punish him.
- Any other hazard stack core in general also works since Thundurus-i can punish defoggers and pressure the opponent not to defog.
- Normal immune Pokemon are also great as it makes getting off hazards even harder to accomplish when using webs ho or hazard stack as the opponent will have a hard time being able to rapid spin hazards.
- Grass types are very helpful to Thundurus-i as they deal with annoying bulky grounds,beat water types foe Thundurus-i (not needed to use Wild charge is key).

[STRATEGY COMMENT]
Other options
=============
- Life orb, thunderbolt,HP ice, Knock off, super power is a good alternative if you already have a Z move user or if you want to just run mixed Thundurus-i so you do not die as quickly.

Checks and counters
==================
**Chansey and Clefable**: Chansey and defensive Clefable are able to counter if the Thundurus-i is not at +2(not including Clefable due to unaware).Chansey is able to toxic heal spam, even after Knock off Thundurus-i is forced to kill itself with charge or slowly due by super powering while it heals.

**Defensive tangrowth/amoonguss**:Once the Z move has been used things like tangrowth and other bulky grasses can counter it and wear it down with leech seed or cripple it with sleep powder,and spore.Tangrowth rocky helmet also makes Thundurus-i life much harder once it's Z move has been used up.

**scarfers**: Things like scarf Nihilego,Tapu lele,Kyurem-Black, Garchomp, and Landorus-t all check Thundurus-i via scarf and can ohko straight up.

**greninja**:Greninja is a huge problem for Thundurus-i as with protean it can just click ice beam and get a kill.Battle bond specs even before transformation still has a chance to kill with hydro pump.

**Ground types**:Ground types are a huge pain for Thundurus-i.Even after +2 you still need rocks to ko it and it's very frustrating to especially when Thundurus-i is not even boosted by defiant yet.Zygarde also is a phenomenal check to Thundurus-i especially when unboosted.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name:physical defiant
move 1:Fly
move 2:Wild charge
move 3:Super power
move 4:Knock off
item: Flynium Z
ability:Defiant
nature:Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Ape / 4 Def

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)