time for some UU.. without the regulars

wanted to make a UU team, tried rain was not so lucky matchup wise, so i made this, utilizing the strengths of some of the overlooked pokes in the tier.

Drifblim @ Salac Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 80 HP/ 252 SpA/ 176 Sdef
Modest nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow ball

was looking for a way to get these sweepers into battle, why not have a giant substitute AND a very nice way of passing a speed boost, and of course when i made this team I needed a poke that could could work wonders on the mass of Ambipom leads, this fills that role perfectly, with the most powerful move that hits Blim activating the salac allowing me to outspeed the ambimpom on turn 2 which allows me to pull off a 2HKO with hidden power fighting, as well as have a salac speed boost ready to pass.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/ 92 Sdef / 164 speed
Careful nature
- mean look
- Baton Pass
- yawn
- sucker punch

the second piece in the set up puzzle, and a very very stron method of making this team work, great bulk allowing for yawning and mean look for a sure fire way of making sure i have a ghood chance of pulling off a quick setup, especially if i have blims Big sub backing it up, sucker punch is there basically to give it a chance gives me a nice way of removing the very powerful alakzam too.

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 116 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Sdef / 136 speed
Adament nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed bomb

if i'm going to be setting up sweeps, nothing better for the role of sweeping then this, although with registeel around it is stoppable, this is one poke that can cause major harm to any team, this poke thrives on the umbreons yawn+mean look, but loves a drifblim sub to set up behind if it can, is there really anything more, to say, seed bomb is very handy for those bulky waters, and is really the olny choice with no decent anti-sttel move and too many ghosts to not run shadow claw, as always extremspeed causes utter mayhem.

Mismagius @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 speed
Modest nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow ball

where would we be without one of the strongest special sweepers in the UU metagame, ground resistant with levitate and packing a lum berry to really push home a nasty plot espcially with all the toxic wish protect pokes around, after a plot most of those are delt with with this movepool, darks, normals are dealth with via hidden power, ghosts and psychics with shadow ball and those iritating bulky waters with thunderbolt

Mesprit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def / 200 speed
Modest nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam
- Phychic

with all the physical walls around I felt i needed another special sweeper andsomething with a bit of bulk to deal with threats like hitmontop this fit the bill perfectly, especially as it can calm mind and become a special wall as well as sweep with some potant attacks, again levitate and lum berry is great for annoying toxic spikes and EQ, as well as getting a set up turn with lum berry, acctually quite a good poke after a calm mind its as good as anyting in UU, mianly put in to give something that can deal with hitmontop, as the bulk of this is enough to survive sucker punch.

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 speed
Adamant nature
- Swords dance
- waterfall
- Ice punch
- Earthquake

just to balance the team out i needed a second pysical sweeper, i went for this due to its good movepool very strong damage and easy setup, again lum berry as things like spiritomb would love to burn this, buying my setup turn, if this can recieve the salc boost its very strong indeed, and blims salc passing ability was one of the reasons i went for Swords Dance, and as this usualy comes in late game anyway felt DD wasn't needed.

enjoy, a team without an ambipom, hitmontop, arcanine and venusaur in sight, i'm sure with a bit of help i can work find a way of making the sweeping abilitys even stronger, but i do need mespirits bulkyish sweeping so changing that will require something similar.

Sucker Punch on Umbreon is crazy. You must put Payback in there or else Raikou will be setting up all over you for an easy sweep. It also helps much more against Alakazam, who can just Encore your Sucker Punch and set up or switch to something else for free.

I would also like to suggest Aqua Jet somewhere on Feraligatr, which allows you to combat other priority users and faster Pokes, as well as prevent yet another member of your team from being vulnerable to Encore 'Zam. Perhaps a set with SD, Waterfall, Aqua Jet and Return? You could even replace Return with Double Edge if you wanted to (not sure how this is legal with Aqua Jet but it is on Shoddy, I have tested it), but be warned that you can't beat Haze Milotic without a Life Orb.

Also, why all the Lum Berry use when you are Sub-passing to your sweepers with Drifblim? You're wasting a lot of offensive potential without any item boosts. Lack of Stealth Rock is also worrisome, but that would require either shoving it on Mesprit over an attack, or completely replacing one of your Pokemon.

peng

policy goblin
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Linoone doesn't work so great in UU without screen support, which you don't seem to be giving. Dual Screen Memento Uxie would be a better lead than Drifblim if you insist on using Linoone, otherwise switch it out to a more reliable Physical Sweeper.

there isn't really much to add to descriptions, and sucker punch isn't that mad, its come in handy many times, espacilly as most of the zams i face try and hidden power fighting it away rather then encore it
linoone does work, without the screens, mean look+yawn helps with the lack fo screens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)