To win every contest ribbon with one pokemon...

That is my goal, from Hoenn to Sinnoh, to acquire every contest ribbon on a single pokemon (and along the way, as many ribbons as I possibly can). However, I have no idea how to go about it...

Ok, so the pokemon we'll use would need to have a neutral nature I assume (so it likes all poke blocks equally, is that how it goes?) and one that learns a wide variety of moves and TM's...

So, in other words, I have absolutly no clue as to how to start this mammoth undertaking... any hints? Pokemon to use? Stratergies to do? Whats worked for others int he past?

Anything is better then nothing.

Look at my early thread about contest help. There's a link to a Youtube video showing a Pikachu eat Pokeblocks and fill all of its contest stats to the max. The video description shows the recipe they used. Use a Smeargle. It's been a while since I've done Hoenn contests but for Sinnoh ones, I used Pokemon with a "Doubles next turn's hearts" move followed up by a "Doubles hearts if you appeal first" move, like Manaphy's Tail Glow and Surf combo.

Hmm... makes sence, however I would have to max everything out in R/S/E...

Well, if I can youtube it all, then it should be a worry...

Who's a good pokemon to use other then Smergle? He seems a little cheap for the job, albeit the best for it.

Can you use moves that are the same in succession to get bonuses in D/P? (like calm mind and psychics bonus)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
make the pokemon you do it with a shiny too so that everyone thinks its a hack :D

If you're going for all ribbons, throw cheapness out the window. You won't win with morals.
Maybe I should change the word "cheap" with "sounds more impressive". I mean, when you say "I beat every contest with a freggen Quilfish", you are gunna gain some awesome points.

lol, yea with a shiny. MEGA HAXOR!

I think it could work... it will be hard, oh so very hard, but it'd give me a brief sense of satisfaction that is only rivaled by getting a quick claw hypnosis off with Bronzong against Infernape.

If your doing this I would recomend selecting a poke with an absolutely huge movepool, it'll need whatever it can get.

Yea... i'm looking for a massive movepool pokemon...

I'm thinking of Aipom, what do people think? I think I may have to do A LOT of contest stratergy reading before I even think about continuing on this track... all I know is that I'm going to need a lot of Heart scales and days of transferring TM's over to D/P :p

If you guys had to do this with a pokemon (barring Smergle) who would you use?

This is a pretty good guide for Advance contests: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/661/661985p1.html

As far as I'm concerned, the king of contests in ADV is Banette. Faint Attack/Curse/Spite/Destiny Bond guaranteed me the win in every contest, I didn't even bother getting a good nature for it, and I only needed Pokeblocks in one of the final matches I think. I'm not sure if the mechanics changed enough to make it useless in DP.

To get other Adv ribbons on it, just run through the Elite Four with it once in Advance (or just carry it on your team) and EV train it as well to get the Effort Ribbon from the lady in Slateport. After winning all the contests just Pal Park and tackle DP contests.

Meh, if you want all ribbons, it has to be a formerly shadow pokemon for the national ribbon so you're limited in choices.

Sorry about being a jerk in a previous post x0

CMSHNW.

As for Mekkah's guide link, from what I've seen contests in DP are vastly different and a lot of old combo's just plain don't work anymore.

Meh, if you want all ribbons, it has to be a formerly shadow pokemon for the national ribbon so you're limited in choices.

Sorry about being a jerk in a previous post x0
All the CONTEST ribbons :P, also what about the second part of your post? :s.

Banette looks awesome for R/S/E, however how would he fair in the world of D/P? I don't know enough about it yet... I shall have to do some research!

Also the only pokemon I have access to are pokemon from R/S/E (or else I'd try it with Mr.Mime, I mean... look at his movepool/TM selection! Im starting to wish he had an evo :s)

How much harder are contests in D/P compared to RSE?
While contests in RSE were (for me) copying a combo from one of your computer opponents after losing numerous times, contests in D/P are easier in that sense, in that you don't need a guide anymore when it comes to the performance part.

But the dress-up part is about the lamest most annoying thing ever, since at Master you get very little time to pile on as many accessories as possible on top of your Pokemon's sprite, and since you do need a guide to look up which ones go with which theme, it ends up just looking like you Pokemon is buried under a pile of junk.

The dance part is easy but pretty pointless and boring.

You can get all the contest ribbons on one Pokemon easy, if you have the right berries and a good move set. As far as categories go, the only thing that matters is the Pokemon's condition, not their nature and or even the type of moves. (Honestly I'd argue you don't want moves that fit your category since Voltage is retarded and you have such a low chance of being the guy who gets it after #5)

Edit:
Here's one that I used when I was doing contests a few months ago, as example:
Cute - Timid Skitty with CM/Water Pulse/Tackle/Frusteration

Basically it went like this: CM, which will double your score next turn. Since you didn't get any points from it aside from which Judge you picked, you'll probably go last next turn, so you use Frusteration, getting you 8 points. (If you didn't go last use Tackle, if you somehow ended up going first use Water Pulse.) After Frusteration, you'll probably be first the next turn, so use Water Pulse, or you can even start the CM/Frusteration combo again.

You'll notice from the moves too that the category of the move really doesn't matter. Like I said, you don't want Voltage to get high, in the end it'll help you lose.

When I did well dancing and dressing-up and was done maxing its cuteness I won up to Master easily, having to reset very few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)