ToF's QC R3

Rhyperior - The current Rhyperior analysis is a clusterfuck because of the combination of OU and UU pieces, probably because of the success Hector had with Rhyperior in OU. However, since Rhyperior is now UU, the analysis should reflect its tiering.

The Standard Set is fine, the only nitpick I have is maxing Speed. Most Omastar don't run minimum speed, so Rhyperior is outsped and promptly KO'd. The HP EV's are nice to make 101 HP subs, but I would think outspeeding common walls is more important.

Rock Polish set is fine.

The 'Sandstorm Special Wall' set is more OU material for me, and thus should be removed. In testing the lack of power was clearly noticeable and made Rhyperior much less effective in the match. Should be removed.

On the Choice Band set, again max speed for reasons already stated.

The 'Trick Room' set and beyond should all be removed because they are highly ineffective and rare as-is. Other options is probably the place for this set.

The OU sets should be dealt with by OU QC.

Rotom

So Rotom is fairly good in terms of the on-site analysis. My only suggestion is merging the Status Platform and Sub + Pain Split sets. Toxic is worthless on the Status Platform set, so I think something along the lines of:

Thunderbolt / Discharge
Wil-O-Wisp
Substitute / Shadow Ball
Pain Split

This covers both sets and is much shorter and concise.

On the Choice sets, HP Grass should be replaced with Ice for Torterra and Dragon Dance Altaria.

In other options, I think its a good idea to mention a better EV spread for a bulky Scarf Rotom, with enough speed to outpace Adamant Rock Polish Torterra. I don't remember the exact spread off-hand, but its definitely 252 HP, Timid Nature, I believe 188 Speed, and the rest in Defense.

Sceptile

The Sceptile analysis from a UU perspective is quite good. I tested the Sub + Leichi set and its surprisingly good. Since Sceptile forces a lot of switches, its quite easy to get a Sub + SD in, and then proceed to wreck with Leaf Blade. Priority was a problem, but I only had trouble with Ambipom leads that I didn't kill fast enough. Of course, the set has trouble with Tangrowth and Leafeon, but most Sceptile do.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The OU sets should be removed because Rhyperior is now UU.
Not necessarily true, if a set is still viable in OU it should remain. And since Rhy still gets a fair amount of use, I'd guess that at least some of the OU sets are viable (if none of them are, then they can all go, but something dropping to UU is not enough to erase an OU analysis). Ask OU QC to look into it if you want, and focus on the UU sets.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I disagree, and think that the trick room set is very viable. Rhyperior is powerful and has bad speed, a perfect trick room sweeper. It may have its counters and checks but it can tear holes into the enemy team before trick room is over with 140 base attack. However, having its own set may be a little much. Maybe it should simply mention in other options that Rhyperior functions well in TR with the spread 248 HP/252 Atk/ 8 Def with a Brave Nature, as most Rhyperior sets seem to have the same movesets with Rock polish or Swords Dance thrown in depending on the set.

BUMP'd up. I don't know what UU Mon still hasn't been reviewed by QC, so if someone could tell me that would be cool.

The last one left is Uxie, since all the other mon's got chosen already. I gave you a list of what's left at the bottom of my PM :P! Blind ToF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)