SV OU Top 100 GIRLPOWER ~ Fast Blissey Stall

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

Introduction
I’m sorry for fighting on the side of big stall, but I wanted to demonstrate two major developments I’ve found that hugely benefit the archetype. I also stopped being lazy and decided to climb a bit higher than normal. After some adjustments, this team proved to be successful at a high level of play.

Team Building Process

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png

Starting off was the standard Stall core of Blissey + Dozo. No successful Stall team can exist without these two. The two are reminiscent of SkarmBliss, a core as old as time.

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png
IMG_5277.png

As an extra special wall to help with NP Darkrai, Ghold, CM Prim, and Hatt, Unaware Tera Steel Clod was added to make Stall seem impossible to break for special attackers. (Except Hoopa lol)

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png
IMG_5277.png
IMG_2467.png

After those three, I went with the Stall classic, Gliscor, who functions as both a status absorber and Knock absorber. I went with SD Gliscor to both spread Knock and to punish overly passive plays.

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png
IMG_5277.png
IMG_2467.png
IMG_8862.png
IMG_3581.png

This is the first draft of the team. Mola was added as a secondary physical wall that could Tera Flying in case of a scary looking Rillaboom. The last Pokemon was….Wo-Chien. Live Slug Reaction aside, I considered Wo-Chien due to its immunity to Future Sight and more importantly, its ability to check Ogerpon-W. This was massive for Stall as they traditionally had a hard time playing around it. However I ditched the idea of using Wo-Chien for two reasons. It’s a shitty wall with no reliable recovery and it gets eaten alive by a single U-Turn. My team also lacked a Dragon resist or Fairy which didn’t really cross my mind til I ran into a CB Moon under Sun that dealt 50% to everything, no Proto Atk btw. I did have some success with it, I even managed to take a game off SZ with it.

But the team still needed improvements.

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png
IMG_5277.png
IMG_2467.png
IMG_3239.png
IMG_2773.png

This was the next draft. I replaced the Mola with a Sticky Barb Clef and Wo-Chien was replaced with Venu. I still had the idea of a Oger check on Stall, but Venu not only wasn’t weak to U-Turn, but it dual resisted Grass, thus I didn’t have to spend Tera to check Rilla. Venu also had utility with Knock Off and Toxic.

IMG_8904.png
IMG_8867.png
IMG_5277.png
IMG_2467.png
IMG_3239.png
IMG_3584.png

However I went with Vileplume on the last draft. I needed a bit more horsepower, a bit more survivability, and a bit more bullshit. Despite its lackluster 75/85/90 bulk, Vileplume makes up for that with the incredibly broken Strength Sap and Effect Spore, an ability which could be described as a cheater version of Static and Flame Body. It also has the chance to inflict Sleep. Besides Ogerpon, Vileplume can also deal with threats like Garganacl, Rillaboom, SD Valiant, etc.

The Squad (click for import)

IMG_3564.png

Big Stall (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 12 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Alluring Voice
- Calm Mind

Yep, Fast Blissey. The Speed EVs puts you above Defensive Ghold, Jolly Gambit, Defensive Heatran, Skeledirge, Clefable, Adamant Ttar, etc. Alluring Voice is the spicy stuff. Alluring Voice lets you punish Substitute and attempted setup. It also gives you an option to directly hit Dragapult. A big aspect of this set is you can catch weakened Gambit off guard. They are most likely to click Sword Dance or any other move besides Sucker since they do not suspect Blissey to stay in, let alone outspeed them. This can put Gambit in range of Body Press from Dozo, regardless of Tera Dark.

IMG_3566.png

Big Mouth (Dondozo) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The premier physical wall on Stall. Avalanche was chosen over Liquidation because it deals slightly more to Ogerpon than BP, and it punishes Dragons/Grass types on the switch. Tera Dark lets Dozo blank Hex Pult and Stored Power. It also helps in emergencies like 1v1 a Tera Dark SO boosted Gambit.

IMG_3567.png

Big Fishe (Clodsire) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Bulldoze

Clodsire is the ultimate Special Wall behind Blissey. Poison Jab spreads Poison like wildfire and lets you hit Fairies hard. Bulldoze is preferable over EQ on Stall for the increased PP. If there is no hazard removal in sight, Spikes lets me force progress. Tera Steel stops the tracks of Hatt, Psyshock Ghold, Psyshock Valiant, and more. You will often Tera Clodsire in most of your games.

IMG_3568.png

Big Claws (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Continuing the trend of going fast, we have Fast Scor. It outspeeds Timid Ghold, Jolly Tusk, Adamant G-Fire, and Glimmora. The main idea was to punish Balloon Ghold with Knock and surprise stuff like Samurott with a +2 EQ. Tera Ghost allows me to punish Tusk spinblock, pp Stall ID Skarm, and make Zamazenta’s life harder. I’ve also considered changing Tera Ghost to Tera Fairy because Meowscarada is a big problem for the team and getting up one Knock could bring me to victory.

IMG_3571.png

Big Moon (Clefable) (F) @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

Clef serves a few purposes. To punish CM Stored Power Latias with Trick Barb, to set up Rocks, to win the Stall wars against Knock Gliscor, to check LO Deo-S cause that shit mows our team without it, and to trade itself for Barb chip. As the third special wall on the team, Clef also lets me preserve PP for my Clodsire and Blissey.

IMG_3573.png
(girl thinks she’s sailor moon lmao)
Big Hat (Vileplume) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Effect Spore
Tera Type: Fairy/Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Strength Sap
- Toxic

Vileplume is the team’s Grass resist and Oger check. It also hits decently hard with its 110 SpA. The true appeal with Strength Sap and Effect Spore, allowing you to bullshit your way through bad matchups. Clicking Knock or U-Turn, or Axel is not safe when Vileplume is on the field to punish you. Effect Spore is a great ability that is on Pokemon which are garbage or good but have better abilities. After Rillaboom is gone, you’re free to Tera with Plume. Either Tera Fairy because Fairy is a broken typing, or Tera Water to reverse your matchup against Cinderace and G-Fire.

Threat List•

IMG_5482.png

Even with Dozo, endgame Gambit can be very scary. The way to deal with this is to not let Dozo die, or get chipped, and to chip Gambit back. Gliscor, Fast Blissey, Barb, and even Vileplume can all put Gambit in range of Body Press.

IMG_2469.png
IMG_8885.png

G-Fire is a non-issue for this team. Knock Glis, Barb Clef, and Dozo can deal with Breaking Swipe sets, but CB is what you have to worry about. Firstly, do not let it in, and if it does, make sure Gliscor is on the field before it makes a move. Knock it and sack Gliscor. Speed Proto can be handled by Dozo.

IMG_8922.png
IMG_5484.png

These two are very annoying for my team. Switching into Weavile with Spikes up is rough for Dozo after its been Knock’d, and Meow is even worse due to Flower Trick. If you can, either sack Vileplume and hope for the Effect Spore procs, or Tera your Clodsire.

IMG_4606.png

Corv doesn’t 6-0 the team per say, but we pretty much have nothing to hit it for meaningful damage. Knock it with Gliscor and make Corv take the Sticky Barb. The same goes for playing around Skarm.

IMG_0686.png

Either Tera Clodsire, or get a Knock on Hoopa and 1v1 with Clef.

IMG_4610.png

Hoopa-U is a breeze compared to Ursa. You’re gonna need alot of maneuvering for this. Clutch this out with Tera Ghost Gliscor and try to chip n’ stall this as long as possible. If it is at low health, finish it off with Blissey.

IMG_8920.png

Ttar is pretty rough for Stall in general. Gliscor gets Ice Beam’d. Dozo gets chipped by Sand, Knock, and Hazards. Clef doesn’t like taking a Stone Edge. Hope for Effect Spore procs if it clicks Knock on Plume, or try to 1v1 it. Hazard chip is very important here.

IMG_8921.png

If you see this on preview, pray to whoever your god is cause you ain’t beating this shit unless you clutch with Tera Ghost SD Gliscor.

Replays•

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2081829394
Vileplume showing its worth vs Ogerpon, also procing Gambit Sleep with Effect Spore lmao but Lum cures. The replay also shows Fast Blissey at work, flabbergasting the Gambit.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2081842793
Very annoying matchup with CB Scizor and Taunt Torn. Also Darkrai crit the Clodsire. I managed to pp stall all of Torn’s Bleakwind Storms and read the Dnite Tera with BP.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Hey man, first things first, congrats on the top 100 rank, the second thing is that I have some recommendations about the small details

on :blissey: go tera dark over water, this allows you to become impossible to snipe via psyshock

On :dondozo: I'd say since you have your oger check in vileplum, go with tera fighting to have a better matchup vs kingambit

On :clefable: while usefull, I don't think you need trick, because Sticky Barb has the unique propertys of sticking in via contact damage, so you would be better off

Even then, I would probably just change clef for :alomomola:, wish passing is a lifesaver for all your teams and allows you to help stall gouging fire, weavile, gambit and most ttars

I suck ass at stall, so there's probably more that can be done, not an expert tho, anyway, good luck

Hey man, first things first, congrats on the top 100 rank, the second thing is that I have some recommendations about the small details

on :blissey: go tera dark over water, this allows you to become impossible to snipe via psyshock

On :dondozo: I'd say since you have your oger check in vileplum, go with tera fighting to have a better matchup vs kingambit

On :clefable: while usefull, I don't think you need trick, because Sticky Barb has the unique propertys of sticking in via contact damage, so you would be better off

Even then, I would probably just change clef for :alomomola:, wish passing is a lifesaver for all your teams and allows you to help stall gouging fire, weavile, gambit and most ttars

I suck ass at stall, so there's probably more that can be done, not an expert tho, anyway, good luck
Hey 1LDK, appreciate the feedback.

Tera Water on Blissey is needed for Specs Wake who 2HKOs everything here.

I brought Trick because even with CM Blissey and Tera Dark Dozo, I found Double Dance Latias to be a problem. So by tricking the Barb, I could 1v1 it with Tera Steel Clod before SP goes crazy.

I am interested in your Tera Fighting Dozo suggestion though. Not only for Gambit, but also Meow and Weavile. Plus the SR resist is appreciated in the off-chance it gets Knock’d.

Congratulations on the peak bringing hot EVs and Vileplume.

Any reason for Tera Water Clefable or just switching to a different defensive type?
Would it be very stupid of me to recommend Tera Ice to not take freezing from Kyurem/Ice moves in general?
You already have Natural Cure Blissey, but if Clefable's Tera isn't being used much, it's a good anti-hax preventative.

Has the extra damage from Energy Ball made any difference? 90 > 75 with Giga Drain in exchange for some recovery might help.

always a big stall fan.

Few questions:
Blissey:
You mention the 220 speed blissey for something like gambit, but have zero defense IVs essentially. You just die to a sucker punch, along with any physical attack. Would it not be optimal to run max defense, 220 speed, 36 spdef calm nature?
Is tera fairy not just better here, as it gives you a STAB option and lets you beat hex darts pult and taunt raging bolt and stuff?
Also, ive ran alluring and its good, but doesnt it have negative synergy being faster than the setup threats since it wont confuse them? Does flamethrower not just fit better here? you could also run tera ghost + sball to beat volcanions
I guess if you run this EV spread you need water on blissey

Clodsire:
amnesia-less clodsire. ur insane.
Psyshock gholdengo just immeditely 6-0s you since you arent amnesia clod or tera dark blissey. Dozo with tera gets 3hkoed cleanly by MIR.

Clefable:
Trick barb? its just as consistent (and more useful imo) to run knock off and just let them make contact with you, also Shouldnt you run more defense? Great tusk kinda just eats you if it gets an ice spinner prediction right, you dont want to be 2hkoed by defensive headlong rush. This will also help vs meow and weav
Also i know you need to with ur inability to fit it, but moonlight clef is absolute welfare on stall. you get pp stalled so fast.

Vileplume:
Shouldnt you just run giga drain and sludge bomb for a bit extra recovery and higher poison chance?
Certainly a cool development to try but is it worth sacrificing all that bulk just for strength sap? I havent tried it but cant you just use effect spore amoonguss if you want?
Is it worth being cucked by gholdengo for recovery forever and always? Do you not need to fit synthesis somewhere?

Overall team issues at first sight:
-Future sight g king completely destroys you. You have no counterplay whatsoever if the gking gets in on vileplume, or really anything except Gliscor. Sure, gliscor can click protect on it like once or twice but with no psychic resist outside of tera and no protect users, along with nothing to kill gking early,this will shred you.

-knock off tusk destroys you. headlong knock ice spinner has no switchins. Dozo loses boots and dies, gliscor is cleanly 2hkoed, and clefable is also 2hkoed due to very little defense investment

-meow/weav as you mentioned.

-psyshock ghold as i mentioned

-boots samurott kinda just eats you if you dont effect spore it

-kingambit(esp tera dark) is a scary ass matchup for having a dondozo

-spikestack can destroy you as your clef and gliscor both are lacking sufficient defense investment to absorb knock off from many common users.

-faster psychic noise users (latios, iron crown) No dark type and no regenerator.

-typical wallbreakers like luna, hoopa, haxorus. Its never worth building with these in mind, just outplay them in the moment if possible. although your team looks weaker to luna than about any other i have seen

-hex pult kinda destroys you. clef is just pp stalled quickly.

-AV gking entirely walls your team outside of gliscor and threatens almost everything

-anything with psyshock, except hatterene. Any special attacker with psyshock (latios, hoopa, iron crown, etc) All of these require clodsire tera immediately and clodsire will struggle to get on the field to tera especially if the psyshocker is specs

Ultimately theres a lot of cool stuff here, i like how vileplume can cuck over stuff like tusk spinning, val, various uturns, but theres a lot of negative synergy here and this is an ultimately flawed team. Im not sure how effective vileplume can be due to its inability to even touch gholdengo and gking but it certainly can be quite funny. But beyond vileplume, theres a lot of questionable stuff in the other 5 and certainly a lot of weak matchups

anyways, join the stallcord (https://discord.gg/fSrN76Sxz7) for advice on building and running stall. always happy for some new stallers

always a big stall fan.

Few questions:
Blissey:
You mention the 220 speed blissey for something like gambit, but have zero defense IVs essentially. You just die to a sucker punch, along with any physical attack. Would it not be optimal to run max defense, 220 speed, 36 spdef calm nature?
Is tera fairy not just better here, as it gives you a STAB option and lets you beat hex darts pult and taunt raging bolt and stuff?
Also, ive ran alluring and its good, but doesnt it have negative synergy being faster than the setup threats since it wont confuse them? Does flamethrower not just fit better here? you could also run tera ghost + sball to beat volcanions
I guess if you run this EV spread you need water on blissey
Love to see other builders give suggestions.

The main idea for max Speed Blissey is to catch Gambits off-guard. Most players wouldn’t click Sucker on a Blissey because…it’s a Blissey. Though I do see the surprise factor fading as more players see this team. I really needed the Tera Water because SpA Proto Wake 2HKOs this whole team after it Terastilizes. If I were to chose a different Tera for the Hex Pult or Volcanion mu, what should I run for Wake?

Clodsire:
amnesia-less clodsire. ur insane.
Psyshock gholdengo just immeditely 6-0s you since you arent amnesia clod or tera dark blissey. Dozo with tera gets 3hkoed cleanly by MIR.
Doesn’t Tera Steel Clod beat Psyshock Ghold anyways?

Clefable:
Trick barb? its just as consistent (and more useful imo) to run knock off and just let them make contact with you, also Shouldnt you run more defense? Great tusk kinda just eats you if it gets an ice spinner prediction right, you dont want to be 2hkoed by defensive headlong rush. This will also help vs meow and weav
Also i know you need to with ur inability to fit it, but moonlight clef is absolute welfare on stall. you get pp stalled so fast.
I ran Trick for cheesy SP sweepers like Latas, but since you suggested Amnesia on Clod, you’re right about Knock or something else being a better option. I chose SpD Clef because LO Deo-S 6-0s this whole build, and Clef was the only thing that didn’t get 2HKOd. The only other reason I ran Clef was because I got jumpscared by a CB Moon under Sun and knew I needed a Fairy or Steel. I am happy to take suggestions on how to solve both problems.

Vileplume:
Shouldnt you just run giga drain and sludge bomb for a bit extra recovery and higher poison chance?
Certainly a cool development to try but is it worth sacrificing all that bulk just for strength sap? I havent tried it but cant you just use effect spore amoonguss if you want?
Is it worth being cucked by gholdengo for recovery forever and always? Do you not need to fit synthesis somewhere?
I liked the extra power on Energy Ball, but I’ll take Giga Drain as a suggestion. Same with Sludge Bomb.

Imma be honest, I completely forgot Amoonguss got Effect Spore, and I also forgot Ghold blocks Strength Sap. Another reason why GameFreak were fucked up for coming up with Good as Ghold.

As for the other flaws such as being weak to FS, AV King, Weav/Meow, and Tusk, how should I go about addressing these issues?

Appreciate the feedback.

Frankly blissey isnt hitting gambit for much damage. Usually late game it doesnt matter much if bliss is faster or not. I think speed can be cool for stuff like bulky ghold and offensive prim but gambit doesnt seem like the real purpose of doing this

Steel clod does not beat psyshock ghold 1v1 if it carries recover. You are 1-2 sball spdef drops from being forced out, and it can pp stall you quite commonly, either hit-and-run or just going band for band as bulldoze does peanuts to bulky ghold. Even the psyshock focus blast set probably can outdamage you (assuming it hits the move). I dont think any stall should run non-amnesia clod right now.

For those stored power sweepers, isnt that what alluring voice on blissey can help with? confuse them and toss them down? Frankly, just run amnesia clod and if youre concerned about latias, you can run poison sting to pp stall. Id just forget latias, that pokemon is bad and very uncommon personally. LO deo s just requires playing around tbh. Run a tera steel clef or something. Deo s on paper is devastating but in practice its hazard weak, kills itself with lorb, and lowers its offenses by attacking, so its usually not worth building to beat it, just play around it in the game.

With the vileplume, if you want to dedicate using vileplume, you need to drop either toxic or sludge wave, and add synthesis/moonlight, or gholdengo or something like blissey with zero attack will essentially permanently deny your recovery. Giga drain can offset this a little as you get a bit of hp back on hatterene and ghold. Also, always use sludge bomb over wave. the 5 bp difference is miniscule but the extra poison chance isnt
Honestly vileplume seems like it can try to run the hydrapple route where you use your naturally high spatt to use tera blast and be a bulky attacker. Tera blast fire, energy ball, syn, sap? you still do dicks to gking and heatran but you threaten every other steel. Im not sure this is really worth it however. Vileplume just seems very flawed as it is a less bulky amoong with no regenerator, and its higher power level has no affect on the game due to its complete inability to do damage to any steel types

But overall team structure - you need protect on blissey. Id just run a standard set at this point, or future sight cleans you. Max defense(or mostly) clef can help versus tusk, meow, and weav. AV king kinda just beats you no matter what you do outside like Steel/Dark blissey.

Also with blissey, i have been dropping tera water regularly as all wake on sun teams are the booster speed set, which never 2hkos standard blissey with tera steam specs in sun. Only booster spatt does this, and its a roll. Either way, almost every sun team wants to tera the gouging fire against stall so ive just been dropping tera water as its not useful in most other matchups. The only time find myself ever really wanting it is when I play Typholosion-Hisui. Whenever i tera water blissey vs sun i get scared of the raging bolt as well

and yeah. good as gold is fucked and gholdengo should have been banned ages ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)