Trick Room Team

So this is one of my most resent ideas for a team. Before I start pending time breeding I was hoping to get some feed back. It's really experimental so I don't know if it's any good. sooo here it is;

At a Glance

Detail

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bronzong
Move Set: Trick Room
Ability: Heat Proof
~ Gyro Ball
~ Earthquake
~ Trick Room
~ Hypnosis
Nature: Brave
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28- 31 Atk / 28-31 Def / 0 Spd
EV Spread: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 98 Def / 8 SpDef
Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
Team Job: Umbreon is a Curse/ Wish Passer. With no attacking moves he's totally team support. Bronzong will use Trick Room attack for awhile and then switch to Umbreon, who will Curse, and Baton Pass to Lunatone or Bronzong. Mid match He'll be health support as well. Also when he's low on health he can protect and heal himself.

Umbreon
Move Set: Trap Passer
Ability: Synchronize
~ Mean Look
~ Wish
~ Baton Pass
~ Curse
Nature: Calm
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28-31 Def / 28-31 SpDef
EV Spread : 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpDef
Item: Leftovers
Team Job: The team starter, he'll open with Trick Room and plow through with Gyro Ball and Earthquake. Nearing the end of Trick Room he'll use Hypnosis to try and set up again (if he's in that long). Heat Proof should be a one time surprise enough to set up, and he'll get in a free Trick Room if someone switches.

Marowak

Move Set: Not a Choice Bander
Ability: Rock Head
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Fire Punch
~ Double-Edge
Nature: Adamant
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28-31 Atk / 28-31 Def / 0 Spd
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Item: Thick Club
Team Job: He'll be on the receiving end of Lunatone's Baton Pass were he'll have a couple turns to reek havoc. With Thick Club receiving Curse is almost ridiculous, but the Def and SpDef boost will help him survive, and the Spd drop will only help in Trick Room conditions. Because of Rock Head there's little to worry from using Double-Edge. Rock Slide is more accurate than Stone Edge, and the Critical Hit Ratio drop is really nothing to be worried about with all of the attacking prowess at Marowak's hands (Paws?).

Lunatone
Move Set: Trickster Pass
Ability: Levitate
~ Trick Room
~ Baton Pass
~ Psychic
~ Ice Beam
Nature: Calm
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28-31 Def / 28-31 SpDef / 28-31 SpAtk / 0 Spd
EV Spread: 104 HP / 252 Def / 154 SpAtk
Team Job: The 2nd Trick Room user and the second passer in the team. The point is to receive the Curse pass and have enough defense to take a hit or two. Then use Trick Room and attack away with Psychic and Ice Beam. When it's had enough it can Baton Pass out. Really though it isn't meant to attack much.

Porygon-Z
Move Set: Mixed Sweeper
Ability: Adaptability
~ Return
~ Tri Attack
~ Nasty Plot
~ Dark Pulse

Nature: Quiet
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28-31 Atk / 28-31 SpAtk / 0 Spd
EV Spread: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk
Item: Life Orb
Team Job: His guy's real job is to be the teams Special force. Return is so that he can take advantage of Curse and Avoid being totally walled. Life Orb give his attacks some extra kick while Nasty Plot will cause his SpAtk to sky rocket. Trick Room will make up for his mediocre Speed and Curse for his brittle Defenses. Once Trick Room is gone I'm hoping that the Curses from Umbreon will keep him in for a little while, but if he's looks close to death I'll send in Bronzong again.

Hariyama
Move Set: Knock It Off!!!
Ability: Thick Fat
~ Knock Off
~ Cross Chop
~ Stone Edge
~ Counter
Nature: Impish
Desired IVs: 28-31 HP / 28-31 Atk / 28-31 Def
EV Spread: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
Team Job: Besides being another slow attacker that can take advantage of Curse and Trick Room, Hariyama can Knock Off an opponents annoying item and Counter them when it feels safe. With the massive HP it won't have much trouble pulling off at least one counter leading to a OHKO. Cross Chop and Stone Edge both have a hit Critical Hit Ratio, which is made higher by Scope Lens.

This team basically relies on Trick Room, for all but two pokemon, to strick first. Bronzong (User of Trick Room) will be first out. The main idea is to get in a Trick Room right off the bat. Either the opponent will try and bring Bronzong down with a Fire attack (this is why Heat Proof is the ability that I chose) or they will switch out to an appropriate counter. Once Trick Room is in play Bronzong can attack with Gyro Ball or Earthquake, when Trick Room is close to it's end he can chance a Hypnosis to set up Trick Room again. Once Bronzong needs to be switched out I can switch to Umbreon who can use Mean Look to trap and then Curse up it's stats (Lowering speed in Trick Room will make it and teammates go first more often) Wish can be used to heal either Umbreon or his fellows pokemon. Once he is prepared he can Baton Pass his Stat changes. If he doesn't have enough time he can just Curse once and then pass to Floatzel who can Bulk Up and Baton Pass again possibly screwing someone else's set up on the way. If Floatzel feels safe staying in for awhile he can attack with Waterfall, which should be pretty beefy after a Curse and a Bulk Up after that he can pass to Hariyama or maybe Roserade. Roserade can't take advantage of the Attack Stat up but the defense is helpful and if Trick Room is still in play so will the speed drop. If trick room is not in play then just switching to Roserade, or bringing Bronzong back to set up a Trick Room would be better than Baton Passing. Marowak is to clean it up after I've gotten a chance to survey to opposing team. Roserade has Rain Dance to make Weather Ball a Water type move, and as some speed coverage for Floatzel once Trick Room is gone. Hidden Power Ice is there for type coverage (I don't suppose theres a Physical Ice move that Roserade learns?) and Energy Ball is for the likes of Tyranitar and Hippowdon.

Well this is it. Sorry if this is confusing, but this is my thought process while coming up with a team. If you have any suggestions that would make this and future RMTs that I make more easy to read please tell me. Also if anyone had some tips for training for HP I would be thankful!

The formatting is a little annoying. Most rmt's have a description of the role of each team member just under the moveset of the pokemon.

Anyway, Roserade and Floatzel don't fit on this team at all. You'll want to take advantage of trickroom as much as you can.

Edit: since you asked, you can find a cowgirl with 5 Bidoof just south of Solaceon Town, and you can get as much as 25 EV's with a power item equipped.

Baton Passing boosts in Trick Room doesn't really work too well, as TR only lasts 5 turns. You'll have to TR (1), switch (2), stat up (3), and BP (4), leaving only one turn of TR left. Unless you're passing to Bronzong, your only TR user.

And this doesn't have anything to do with your team, but not listing your lead Pokemon first can be highly confusing.

Anyway, Roserade and Floatzel don't fit on this team at all. You'll want to take advantage of trickroom as much as you can.

Edit: since you asked, you can find a cowgirl with 5 Bidoof just south of Solaceon Town, and you can get as much as 25 EV's with a power item equipped.
@Redsp, Sorry I meant Hidden Power!

And I put Roserade and Floatzel to take advantage of the Speed from Umbreon's curse. Plus if Bronzong faints the whole team will be put to rest. I need someone with speed to make up for the rest of my slow team, or else I need another Pokemon with Trick Room, but I don't think I have enough room for that.

@ paranioddrone, Thanks for the input on both the team and on the thread. I'll work on both! I was considering that, but I thought that trap passing would be useful. so using Trick Room uses up one turn? should I have another TR user.

If you wanted to take advantage of the curses from Umbreon, Metagross would be a better candidate since Roserade and Floatzel are pretty frail in the first place.

Something like:
Metagross @ Leftovers
Brave
252 Atk/252 HP/ 0 Speed IV
Gyro Ball
Hammer Arm
Thunderpunch
Icepunch

Make your self faster while boosting Gyro Ball's power past even Meteor Mash's for a maximum of 225 after STAB.

For Umbreon you'll have to remember that by the time you stat up and baton pass, trick room will have already ended. In trick room teams, you're given only 3 turns (counting the turn you use it, the turn you switch, or only 2 turns if you use Hypnosis) to beat the crap out of your opponent with lightning fast sweepers. Setting up is basically a waste of turns under a trick room.

Also, may I suggest Power Trick Shuckle? ;)

Umbreon isn't the best of leads since you lose automatically to the most common of leads: Taunt Gyarados.

If anything Bronzong should be your lead

If you wanted to take advantage of the curses from Umbreon, Metagross would be a better candidate since Roserade and Floatzel are pretty frail in the first place.

Something like:
Metagross @ Leftovers
Brave
252 Atk/252 HP/ 0 Speed IV
Gyro Ball
Hammer Arm
Thunderpunch
Icepunch

Make your self faster while boosting Gyro Ball's power past even Meteor Mash's for a maximum of 225 after STAB.

For Umbreon you'll have to remember that by the time you stat up and baton pass, trick room will have already ended. In trick room teams, you're given only 3 turns (counting the turn you use it, the turn you switch, or only 2 turns if you use Hypnosis) to beat the crap out of your opponent with lightning fast sweepers. Setting up is basically a waste of turns under a trick room.

Also, may I suggest Power Trick Shuckle? ;)
Ah but by doing this I'll be left open to domination by physical walls won't I?

Ah but by doing this I'll be left open to domination by physical walls won't I?
There are slow and powerful special attackers too you know. (Heatran, Clamperl) I was just saying that Baton passing curse wouldn't work and that you should have more pokemon who benefit from trick room. You'll also need another pokemon to use trick room. I suggest Dusknoir to cover that Heracross weakness you have there.

I noticed that you don't spread your EVs mostly on Special Defense. You do but you generally rely on Marowak (who isn't an excellent special wall) and Umbreon (great example). This problem can be solved if you redo Bronzong.

Bronzong's purpose is acting as your primary defensive wall. Gyro Ball is ok but I'm not sure if it's affected EV stats by because you put some of Bronzong's EVs towards attack. Also, Marowak clearly takes care of Earthquaking people so I don't see a need for Earthquake.

Now then, because you focused your on Bronzong's attack, then my advice would force you to EV train another Bronzong with an appropriate nature. Here's what I recommend if you're interested.

Bronzong

Impish (to take full advantage of Trick Room and start before Dusclops/Dusknoir)

Stealth Rock
Light Screen (your other teammates like Hariyama, Marowak, and Porygon Z can more protection)
Trick Room
Hyposis/Confuse Ray/Swagger

Okay so I decided to switch in Porygon-Z and Lunatone for Roserade and Floatzel. Rate away!
I think that was a hasty decision because no one has reacted yet (except me). I honestly had no problem with your team before. Bronzong was the only one that needed work that's all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)