VGC Trick Room

I know everyone says Trick Rooms usually don't work all the time, but when i first learned about pokemon battles, my first team i ever used was a trick room....Yes Snorlax is my main sweeper but come on there isn't many slower pokemon than him...but here it goes

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Superpower
- Recycle

Lets start off with this bad boy right here...The MAIN threat of the team, perfect bulky damaging slow pokemon that does massive damage with belly drum + return. Making him a bit bulkier i wanted to try out 100 evs on Def and so far im liking the results.....Superpower is the second best move that snorlax has which would fit perfectly in his move-set after a set up of Belly Drum....Finally Recycle so i can bring my berry back to heal up perfectly.....In replacement of Recycle if you don't want to waste a turn, you can just run Protect.......

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Protect

Oh yes, Mimikyu perfect partner for setting up Trick Room for Snorlax....Come on I dont even have to say anything here.....went Sassy nature with it but in this case you can always run Brave/Ada or even Jolly to run a mix trick room......Play Rough, being one of the BEST physical Fairy STAB move it knows, Shadow Ball again being the BEST GHOST STAB move it knows on top which will do massive damage to anything in its path.....Then of course Protect because everyone needs it.....

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Next up on the list, another trick room setter just in case.....Stakataka prob is one of the bulkiest and tankiest Trick Room setter i have seen...Set the IVs for Def at 14 so that when Beast Boosts activates it will put it on Attack.....GyroBall one of the hardest hitting moves it knows with the speed of (18) it will hit HARD....Stone edge the best Rock Stab move it knows, then ending it with Protect

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 216 HP / 136 Atk / 56 Def / 96 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Nature Power
- Protect

Special Sweeper set up....One if not THE BEST special sweeper for Trick Room room....I made this monster into a "mix" damage starting out with Earthquake, i understand it will hit my partner in crime next to me but why not get a move that hits everything at once.....Overheat (if you want lava plume as well but it weakens yourself) one of the best fire moves it knows and hits both opponents....Nature Power because well i still dont know about this one, i have a feeling my KOKO's ability doesnt work with it, can someone tell me if it does or not?

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Running this little guy helps out with Camerupt....Tapu Fini being the most commonly checks into M.C it needs someone to step in its place to handle it....Calm Mind just for the extra boost of power, Dazzling Gleam the most powerful Sp Att fairy type hitting BOTH opponents at the same time, Thunderbolt as a stab move for electric types plus the ability making it the strongest move with the best accuracy (could go Thunder but the accuracy is no where as good as T-bolt), then Volt Switch to safely get out of a battle to check into a threat that can really hurt KOKO......

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Last but not least Amoonguss.....Bulky sweeper Amoonguss helps bring everything at it that keeps the two main sweepers safe......Spore to help get some damage done to those who give anyone problems, comes in handy at the right time.....Rage Powder in case i can't get KOKO out fast enough, can help keep water types away from Camerupt (it doesn't work on EQ does it??????), Giga Drain as the Grass stab move, very strong move that also heals myself when using it....Then sludge Bomb just because i think i need another really strong stab move on it to help chunk down my opponents.....

I know im really bad at explaining how im using all these but i hope someone can let me know what they think and have any other ideas on what to use on move sets....I have been thinking about adding Defog on KOKO but idk if it would be out long enough to have any effect on the field.....

EDIT: Snorlax IS NOT an OU he is an Uber, but my teams are for VGC so sorry for the confusion!!!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)