Turn XIII (OU Warstory)

One of the few examples where the player has ultilised Blissey effectively (something that I can't). Eon Certainly uses it as a special wall, but not just "I need one so there it is". People like me usually get fooled by the fact that Blissey walls everything special and ignore the references of +spA and +spe difference, something that is quite noticable on the physical side. I thought the beginning is a bit meh but the warstory is brilliant. Well planned victory (80% chance?)

If Jolteon is Timid then the whole thing is different, as it would outspeed Starmie but has less power. But then you might not be so careful then.
Now that I think of it, had I known Jolteon was modest (which is 359 < 361), I probably would've sacked Celebi instead of Jirachi, since

42.6% - 50.4% (no life orb)

Is how much Hydro Pump does to Jirachi, which with combination of Wish/Protect, lets me stall it out, barring crits. Then, Jirachi could just twave you and spam Iron head :D

Now that I think of it, had I known Jolteon was modest (which is 359 < 361), I probably would've sacked Celebi instead of Jirachi, since

42.6% - 50.4% (no life orb)

Is how much Hydro Pump does to Jirachi, which with combination of Wish/Protect, lets me stall it out, barring crits. Then, Jirachi could just twave you and spam Iron head :D
So you only found out Jolteon is modest after being outsped?

Nice warstory, layout was appealing and the battle was interesting, although you got lucky with him being Modest and not Timid, it was still a good read.

Just asking, not that it has any bearing or anything, was this on suspect or standard ladder?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
pretty good warstory. one nitpick though:

I gambled on that 15% chance and won, and now I feel like I have some leverage.
You actually had a 30% chance. There was a 40% chance you wouldn't flinch, and a 75% chance you wouldn't be fully paralyzed. Multiple it together and you get 30%.

This is excellent, your analysis of his team, and the your defense against it was almost perfect. ^^; (I think no team can have a "perfect" defense.)

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Its a nice refreshing change to see a good warstory amist all the crap thats been floating around lately. Great predictions and comments. I look foward to further warstories from you.

This is a really awesome warstory if I must say so. Really nice comments and a perfect amount of suspense without being annoying about it. Good battle too even though there were a couple mistakes.

Thanks and can't wait for the next one! 8.5/10

Your Mamoswine was terribly misplayed, don't use it as a lead if you're just going to suicide it on the first Pokemon you see.
You're not the first person to have said this. And you're still wrong.

Me said:
See my comment to Uberiffic, I thought he'd expect the switch and T-Wave, leaving me free to hit it with Earthquake. It's what I would've probably done in his situation.
Don't insult someone until you understand their logic.

What PHR means is this: Mamo cannot be used as just a suicide unless it's against a lead like the opponent here has (in this case Azelf).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking back on it again, my biggest question is why the heck did he Flygon-Outrage the Blissey? Unless you know a significant amount of the enemy's team and/or have a shitload of spikes/SR on the field, going for Flygon's Outrage/EQ before late game is just kinda . . . well, bad . . . and a waste of Flygon, who imo is one of the best pokemon in OU.

Certainly the clinch pokemon of any battle it participates in. If the enemy has a flygon, it usually becomes "if I beat Flygon, I will win."

If you are using Flygon, it becomes "If I can get my other 5 pokemon to fight his 6 down to the point where Flygon can sweep them without getting Flygon hurt too bad, I win!" (Yeah, I know how bad that sounds-- but then that's why Flygon is no suspect. Don't underestimate the little guy though)

If you both have a Flygon, the battle becomes "Whose Flygon will win the speed tie." lol

If you use Flygon, Outraging too early is just out of the question. Unlike Salamence or Dragonite, Flygon is just weak as hell and has no business spamming his STABs too early. :/

Nas

Banned deucer.
There were obvious mistakes on both sides (you pointlessly sacrificing Mamoswine in the beginning when it would have saved you if his Jolteon was Timid, and PI Outraging with Flygon in the early game) and you could have elaborated on the comments a bit but it was still one of the better warstories I've read in a while. Good job.

There were obvious mistakes on both sides (you pointlessly sacrificing Mamoswine in the beginning when it would have saved you if his Jolteon was Timid, and PI Outraging with Flygon in the early game) and you could have elaborated on the comments a bit but it was still one of the better warstories I've read in a while. Good job.
Sigh... bandwagon jumpers. Two things, dude.

1. At that point in the battle, I hadn't seen his Jolteon yet.

2. Even if I had switched out after finding out that his Jirachi was a WishPasser, Jolteon would've outsped and KO'd Mamoswine with Shadow Ball or HP Grass. It wouldn't have made any damn difference.

Cool story bro :) You haven't changed a bit.
I do have my moments, V4E. Not as many as you, but still. Thanks :)

I agree the Flygon Outrage was misplaced, but perhaps he predicted a switch to the obvious EQ and wanted to hit the switch-in hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)