U-Turn Ramp: Emergency Vehicles Only

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Cuz there'll be a long line of ambulances for the teams I've swept

Hey there, longtime lurker of the forums here. I play Shoddy on and off, got hooked again recently, with a great team that I devised. It was made to set up SubCMCress, but it kinda turned into a bulky offense team along the way. It actually isn't made with 'U-Turn team' in mind, but U-Turn is used on 3 of the Pokemon here, so it fits I guess. Onto the team.

EDIT: Ugh images are all mis-sized and shit, bu what can I do

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

When choosing a lead it's usually a grueling, multiple-hour search for a perfect counter to the current list of leads, but Jirachi was an easy find that fitted well with this team and could get Stealth Rock out fast as well as mess up oppoents. Top 10:

-Azelf: Iron Head twice, whether he flinches or not.
-Metagross: Use Trick to lock him into Stealth Rock, and then set up my own. If he uses Earthquake I go to Vaporeon and use Toxic to hit the switch in. He then has to make an effort to bring Metagross back in, use Stealth rock, and switch back out again. It's usually worth it even if Jirach has to take a hit.
-Jirachi: I'm faster than most, so I use Trick which locks them into their Trick/Stealth Rock
-Aerodactyl: lol
-Swampert: Prett much the same deal as Metagross: Take the EQ and use Trick to make him useless. Swamperts are easier to take down though, so sometimes I switch to Celebi/Vaporeon and use Leech Seed/Toxic.
-Infernape: U-Turn to Vaporeon
-Ninjask: This one is actually kind of tough, but really if you're using Ninjask you probably suck so I don't worry about losing to this lead
-Roserade: Iron Head/Trick, whatever I feel like doing
-Smeargle: See Roserade
-Hippowdon: See Swampert

So yeah, really I only lose to Ninjasks, but they always pass out to Metagross anyway and Celebi and Vaporeon handle those easy, so no big deal. In all Jirachi has been a pretty good lead for me, dunno if I'll ever go back to lame anti-leads again.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 208 HP/252 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Honestly in the past 2 days Vaporeon has, in my opinion, become a staple to all future teams and absolute king (queen?) wall of OU. It handles almost all important threats (Scizor, Heatran, Salamence, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Metagross, Lucario, Infernape) and can stall out everything that isn't a Steel/poison type and doesnt have really strong STAB attacks. Even Thunderbolts from Gengar/Latias only do around 60% to me, and Protect stops exploders from going suicide and killing me. Wish passing is very useful to keep Infernape and Scizor alive in particular, and Surf is a good passive move to rack up damage and take on Gengar, Scizor, and Metagross. Toxic is what really makes this set work, honestly Ice Beam/HP electric on Vaporeon is a huge waste, as they're very situational and Toxic works fine on Gyarados/Salamence anyway. The core wall of my team who's counters are handled by...

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP/180 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Celebi has always been kind of weird, she doesnt outright counter much, but you can rely on her to take at lot of punches and hit back fairly hard. HP Fire allows me to deal with the #1 most used OU Pokemon as well as Roserade and Metagross. Grass Knot 2HKOs offensive Gyara and I like it better than Leaf Storm due to the durable nature of this particular Celebi. I'm considering lowering the SA EVs in favour of more durability. Aside from that stuff, though, Celebi basically can come in on alot of random pokes, set up Leech Seed, stall a bit, and then switch out and give a bit of a health boost to the new guy. A great transition Pokemon that also covers both of Vaporeon's weaknesses.

Scizor (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP/252 Atk/48 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

He's been in the spotlight for almost a year now, so I really don't think there's a lot to explain with this, except for his hold item. I chose Expert Belt so I could surprise people as well as not being locked into on attack, which is very useful lategame especially. I mean really, who's idea was it to lock Scizor into a stat-downing move, a priority move, a base power 60 move, and U-Turn? I just don't think it's a good idea at all, and being able to kill Gengars who think I'm locked into Superpower, etc. is very helpful.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/192 Spd/64 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Thunderpunch
- Close Combat

Every team needs a surprise Pokemon and someone with over 394 Speed so they can hit before all important non-boosted Pokemon. Infernape does both of these things, hitting hard with amazing coverage, two 180 damage attacks, both sides of the spectrum, and can even U-Turn out to nail his counters (Cress and Latias). Thunderpunch looks a bit odd, but it's what I use to handle Vaporeon, Tauntrados, and Tentacruel. Grass Knot simply doesn't achieve that stuff. In all Infernape is a glue who can come out and revenge kill threats (even +1 Salamence and +2 Metagross!) which is very important. It's a shame Blaziken doesn't learn U-Turn though, I'd rather use him.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP/60 Def/252 Spd/16 SDef
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Remember when this set became really popular a while back before Tyranitar usage shot up to counter it? Well, now that Pursuit usage has dropped a bit and I have many checks against Scizor/Tyranitar anyway, I figured it would be a good setup Pokemon to use. Originally this team was made to set up Cresselia, but it changed a bit and shifted towards a bulky, extremely synergetic team and shyed away from just setting up Cress. It's done alright, but I am looking to change things slightly, and this is where I'd like to do it.

Thanks for reading this, I'm hoping it can be improved somehow by your guy's suggestions, if you have any. I don't feel the need for a threats list considering I have a great revenge killer and two walls that can handle almost anything between them, so I'd feel like I was repeating myself and I'd feel like I was repeating myself if I made up a big threats list. Really the only two main threats that come to mind are Rotom and Lucario. So if you have any ideas on how to handle those guys, that would be great. Thanks for reading.

I definitely suggest Recover over pursuit on Celebi. This helps a lot more than Protect if you're not using Substitute with Leech Seed. I'd change it to the standard defencive Celebi:

Celebi @ Lefties
Bold, 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire
- Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / other Filler
- Recover

this will help against Lucario that dont have Crunch or decide to CC instead of setting up.

I actually see quite a Salamence problem here too since you do not have a single Ice attack nor something that could safely switch in. Scizor can revenge kill but if Salamence is paired up with Magnezone it's going to be hard to get around it. HP [Ice] on Infernape might help or Ice Beam on Cressy. Choice Tran might also be an interesting option over Infernape, giving you the CeleTran combo as well as having a way to deal with Salamence (somewhat), Lucario and Rotom.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP/160 Spd/252 SAtk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Remember when this set became really popular a while back before Tyranitar usage shot up to counter it? Well, now that Pursuit usage has dropped a bit and I have many checks against Scizor/Tyranitar anyway, I figured it would be a good setup Pokemon to use. Originally this team was made to set up Cresselia, but it changed a bit and shifted towards a bulky, extremely synergetic team and shyed away from just setting up Cress. It's done alright, but I am looking to change things slightly, and this is where I'd like to do it.
I think you should replace HP Fighting with Ice beam on this set. It provides much better coverage against dragons/rocks. Also, change substitute to moonlight. On a tank like cresselia, a recovery move is very helpful

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Done testing.

I tried Cerulian's Celebi set but went back to the old one. Firstly because I really need my current set to properly deal with Gyarados, Lucario, and Skarmory. I found i was never really using Recover either, because I'd use x attack and then be faced with something like Heatran or Infernape or Starmie, which is a situation where Protect will net me 12% from Leech Seed and make him lose 12%..with Recover I'd be forced to switch right away. This happened so many times that I just can't keep Recover.

The problem with Heatran is that I really missed the physical attacking power that Infernape brought. Plus, I was able to get a lot of surprise kills on Starmies, Latias', and Azelfs, whereas Heatran is so obvious that I would never get away with that.

Ended up changing Cresselia to Latias, still not too impressed though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)