SM Ubers Ubers Hyper Offense

Origin: I created this team so because I loved the idea of being able to overwhelm foes by mounting fast offensive pressure. The two main team members I wanted to include were Ditto which can provide a great revenge killer and a way to keep opponents from setting up and Mixed Rock Polish Primal Groudon which can absolutely tear through teams by punishing on switches.

The Team:

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Spikes

Explanation:
-Deoxys-S is the dedicated entry hazard setter for this team as it its fairly reliable at getting both Stealth Rocks and Spikes up on the field with a sash
-As with other dedicated setters, the goal here is to get hazards up, use my switch-in from its KO and start mounting pressure with my other fast offensive threats
-Because I saw very little of Magic Bounce, I decided to opt for Magic Coat over Skill Swap as it improves matchups against other leads like Smeargle, Shuckle and Deoxys-S

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Explanation:
-Ditto's presence as a revenge killer eases matchups against priority users like Marshadow and Swords Dance Arceus forms by taking their priority moves away with its scarf
-The ability to copy boosts and always out-speed makes opponents weary of setting up, opening up opportunities for my team to do so
-Copying the ubiquitous Primal Groudon puts a tremendous amount of pressure on opposing teams, nearly always forcing a swap; a valuable thing when hazards are up

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Explanation:
-This set takes very little time to set up and has great coverage, making it very easy to punish opposing switch-ins
-HP Ice can obliterate untransformed Zygarde, which synergizes well with Necrozma-DM as its completely walled by it
-Primal Groudon can destroy Necrozma-DM which is the most common counter to Xerneas

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Explanation:
-Geomancy Xerneas is one of the most powerful sweepers in the entire game, making it perfect for a hyper offense team
-Xerneas provides the team with a solid check to Yveltal, synergizing well the Necrozma-DM
-This set forms a devastating offensive core with Primal Groudon
-Boosted Thunder is one of this team's only decent options against defensive Ho-oh

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Explanation:
-Yveltal provides the team with a consistent answer to Necrozma-DM and steel/psychic types in general which makes it much easier for Xerneas to go off
-Sucker Punch is very useful for taking down weakened attackers and OHKOing Ultra Necrozma
-Taunt prevents entry hazard removal aside from rapid spin and can cripple passive Pokémon, forcing swaps and set-up opportunities

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Explanation:
-This set is another that can punish switches, particularly into Yveltal with Searing Sunraise Smash
-Necrozma-DM's steel typing means it can absorb toxic
-This set is great against scarfed Xerneas which may otherwise be problematic

Weaknesses:
-Typical Hyper Offense weaknesses, no hazard removers and no clerics
-Deoxys-S is extremely frail and can't be used to reset any hazards once they've been removed
-This team has a terrible time dealing with defensive variants of Ho-Oh
-Glare absolutelty cripples this team
-The team has no true checks to Primal Groudon and can only hope to revenge kill with Ditto if one of m Pokémon isn't already set up

Thanks for reading! All feedback is appreciated!

Columns Mode Stat Colours Light Mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)