Other Metagames (Un)Balance-Hackmons team

Okay so this is an updated version of one of my really old teams that I used to use in BH, I've been playing for a while now and this team has gotten me through a lot of matches and is probably the best one I've ever made.
I don't know the actual numbers but I would say it brought me an aprox 82% W/l Ratio.
This helped me climb the ladders again because with the wrong team you can drop 300 ratings in like 4-5 games.
Anyways, here it is:

Drogon (Rayquaza-Mega) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Tail Glow
- Giga Drain

Meme Review (Arceus-Ghost) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Boomburst
- Revelation Dance
- Tail Glow

Viserion (Giratina-Origin) (M) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Moongeist Beam
- Tail Glow
- Stealth Rock

Rhegal (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Contrary
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Worm (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Strength Sap
- Cotton Guard

Nightmare (Gyarados-Mega) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Bad Dreams
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Nightmare
- Anchor Shot
- Pursuit
(Also please don't mind the nicknames, It's an exact copy/paste.

I'll go into much more detail of every single mon here:
View attachment 174250

Drogon (Mega Rayquaza)

Drogon (Rayquaza-Mega) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Tail Glow
- Giga Drain
I guess you've probably seen triage rays before, and yes, they ARE overused. But that's for good reason because this thing is a beast.
I built most of this team around him just because of his pure power. He can do a lot of work that usually takes multiple mons, and isn't really that valuable, (AKA he isn't required for any other mon's synergy like 99% of the time, thus if you need to kill a mon for some reason in some kind of close match, he is sometimes a good choice because if he dies, the entire team doesn't fall apart, noone looses their best support.) He can also do A LOT of revenge killing, see what triage does is it gives +3 priority to any healing move, thus making them usually go first. Giga drain and oblivion wing count as healing moves though. The best thing is, with 1 tail glow, he can usually OHKO mega-diancies because of his giga drain. You should primarily focus on oblivion wing because of STAB, but the over moves can help in other situations. The mooniest helps kill sturdjes if anyone is dumb enough to try to counter him with one of thoose pieces of garbage, it can also help kill things that have queenly majesty/dazzling. Tail glow helps setup and if you can get to X4 you pretty much just win the game. Giga drain was reccomended to me a while ago inplace of a healing move and honestly it REALLY helps. Again it counters M-Diancies pretty well and can help get rid of anything that tries to tank you out/pp stall you. The life orb was chosen for extra damage, and besides, with oblivion wings healing you normally stay at around 91% at all times.

Meme Review (Arceus-Ghost, platless)

Meme Review (Arceus-Ghost) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Boomburst
- Revelation Dance
- Tail Glow

Oh man this thing is cool, I kinda stole it from a high tier player and changed it up a little bit, but anyways here it goes.
Meme review works as a complete meme meta counter, he counters imposters, (with gira atleast) Sturdjes, normgars, and anything else that's common too. Not only does it counter them though, it punishes them for using thoose mons with a full scale-sweep. The idea of this mon is he should also be your first choice to self sacrifice, second being mega-ray. Because all he can do is sweep/counter memes. If the opponent clearly doesn't have any though, he can still deal some devastating damage and potentially kill the entire team. You see the Idea I stole was the type changing thing and simple. The rest is original (the og had boomburst/tailglow/rev dance and simple. did not know the 4th move slot.) Okay so how it works: It's ability simple with tail glow makes it so a single tail glow gets you X4 Spa buff (the max) So that you basically OHKO most things. Like blissies will need a focus sash to survive a single boomburst. To sweep with him, just use tailglow and then boomburst (Because of it's STAB it does so much damage, It's just beautiful) And that's it. If you run into any ghost types though, just use rev dance and it'll kill them too.
Heres a guide on the memes it perfectly counters:
Normgars: To counter them just rev dance, tail glow if you want to punish if you don't think you can survive other mons.
Sturdjes: Photon gyser. that's it, he can't be endevd so if they have a sash just do it again (if it's a recycle one though, it doesn't have knock off so you will have to improvise with triage ray.)
Imposters: Just make sure you have X4 and boomburst. you see most imposters will photon gyser because of having a ghost type. The thing is though, photon can't OHKO meme, but boomburst can OHKO an imposter meme. So the only way they can survive, is to boomburst or get you low. The hope is they are a choice band/scarf/goggles imposter because if they boomburst, you just switch to gira next and kill them. If they don't, you do and kill them. But the best thing is, it doesn't even need a scarf to die to gira. You see even with X4 photon, the photon only does about 81.5% In my experience. Thus: you can just OHKO it with something or just make it switch. And they can't get a ghost type move because the reason rev dance is ghost, is because arceus was originally a ghost type but with no plate it is not. But chanseys/blissies are normal types, thus they do not have a ghost move to counter. All of this stuff together means that meme is just deadly against metas and can still hold it's ground against actually powerful things.

Viserion (Giratina)

Viserion (Giratina-Origin) (M) @ Griseous Orb
Modest Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Moongeist Beam
- Tail Glow
- Stealth Rock

Okay so first let me get this out of the way: Yes I know life orb is kinda better, Yes I know It can't hurt mega-audinos, and yes I know stealth rock on him is just dumb. But before thinking all of that is better, read my points first and THEN decide if it still is.
Okay so, Vis's two moves are devastating, STAB is 2 because of adaptability and gir orb gives it 1.2X buff, which is just amazing. Usually I use core more often than moongeist, to avoid normal switches and well if they outspeed, core does it's thing. Moongeist also counters sturdjes, and because of the ghost type, endev can't hit that hard (I just realized I have 3 sturdj counters, wow.) But still the thing is: It counters them without hindering the moveset, thus it's great. Core enforcer can also stop recycle sturdjes.
Now: Why I don't use life orbs and the other things with this mon.
Okay so first off: Life orbs, I know it's more damage but honestly, 1/10 health for .1% extra damage, isn't really worth it. Gira works as a good wallbreaker and a really good asset to break teams order. I like it more than a life orb because it should be able to survive for more than 10 turns, and usually it can.
Stealth rock is on him because I couldn't see a use for shore up. I know I just ranted about life orb being worse because of health reasons, but shore up just doesn't fit well with him, but spikes really do. Mega audinos were a recently discovered threat because both of his moves can't hurt it. But honestly, if your last mon is him facing a mega-audino, There wouldn't be much it could do anyways. Again this thing is meant to cause chaos in the opponent's team because of how obscure it is. It's moves hit WAY too hard and it can just be used in so many things. And because of it's ghost type, and core. It usually causes the opponent to switch, thus giving it a free turn to either tail glow or add spikes. He has been in my team for a while and honestly, he's caused the win more often than not. He is just too much chaos to handle because of his powerful, hard hitting moves. He's best as a lead because most teams rely on a strategy to win, and gira just breaks thoose down.

Rhegal (Salemence) (Yes all the dragon names are GOT dragon names, don't question it. he was originally named cruissant)

Rhegal (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Scope Lens
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Ahh contrary salamence, the bane of things. The reason this guy was choosen over MMY or other common contraries is just because of how well it works. This thing can stop other contraries in their tracks and cause the opponent to have to switch to someone with topsy-turvy to stop it. Even with that, it still can throw out strong hits. Because of him being a physical attacker I choose that moveset, buffing both defenses, speed and, attack. Now you probably just checked it and saw a scope lens and were confused. If I want a damaging item, why not go for a life orb. Well here's the thing. Most of the times we are in games, we are hoping for a crit, Because that is really the only thing we can have to win. This thing already hits hard enough to not need a life orb to OHKO most things, but when it comes to things that can counter theese, like walls and stuff, crits are our only hope. Thus the choice of the scope lens. Now it feels like it has a 70%ish chance to crit and It's just beautiful.
I don't think much else needs to be said about this thing because you have probably seen one before. But they can really counter most things. It's a good thing to stop sweepers too.
View attachment 174252

Worm (Steelix)

Worm (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Strength Sap
- Cotton Guard

Ah man I really love this thing. It's more than a wall, It's like a brick wall but instead of bricks it's actually 500ft of iron. It is a beast.
Setting up with cotton guard nets you max defense in two turns, which with fur coat he can already survive. When he's at max defense, he can basically never die.
I think it's 4192 defense? Maybe, It's something in the 4100s.
Yeah that's a lot of defense.
A fully 4X attack buffed, quadruple super effective move, with a crit, With STAB, with sniper, with a life orb, would do about....
12% damage ish I think?
Yeah it just doesn't die to physical ever.
Special attackers CAN kind of pose a threat buuuut, here comes the best part of this, He's a staller like you've probably seen before actually now that I think of it.
So how he works is he can heal with strength sap forever, you see you can use topsy once their attack is low enough, even if it is X4 it won't really pose a threat to you because of high health and fur coat. Unaware COULD be a good choice but honestly fur coat is just fun. You can just anchor shot the opponent and watch them die to a weak attack whilst they try to do something. The real beauty though, is when the opponent has magic bounce. you see if they do. Anchor shot them and repetadly use strength sap, which will bounce. Eventually when you get lowest attack, topsy turvy to get X4 attack, then setup your defense with cotton AFTER (you can do it before too but then you will have to reset it from bottom to top wich takes 4 turns but it can still be viable if the magic bouncer can fight.) Then you will have X4 Defense and attack. If the opponent has spectral thief it COULD be a problem but other special mons take care of that.

Nightmare (Mega-Gyarados)

Nightmare (Gyarados-Mega) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Bad Dreams
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Nightmare
- Anchor Shot
- Pursuit

Oh man is this thing fun, It's kind of new to my team but it's actually viable. Now you might be wondering why I choose Mega-Gyrados of all people to be a sleep killer. But the awnser lies in pursuit and high attack, with dark type STAB and enough bulk to survive hits (thus why it's not yveltal) You could use scrappy with him (I think) But that just removes the point.
So how to use him is this: Spore, when your opponent is asleep they will either decide to stay, or switch out. What I have had the most luck with is pursuiting right after spore, Thus they won't want to switch out knowing I have pursuit wich can usually OHKO most things maybe. Or you can just initially anchor shot. Then nightmare and just kill them. Pursuit gets STAB so that's why he's a dark type, and gyarados just has enough bulk to usually take a hit if you need to switch in and spore. (Or if he doesn't go first) Quick claw can really help him too. It's especially effective against psycic types because the Dark type STAB on pursuit. Just remember the sleep clause is a thing so make sure you are good at predicting switches before actually using him.

Please give feedback and any ideas of updates I could do.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Lu
Bump
And also thankyou sprite converter for working :/
Also thing: Rhegal had entrainment for the first bit of this thread being a thing. It should be fixed to be close combat now though

Last edited:

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

You can download these and insert them in your RMT manually, idk how to make the sprite converter work tbh.
Also I don't know if there is an Arceus-Ghost minisprite.

This team is very unique, and does look fun to use, but a lot of these sets don’t seem too viable. I’ll try to do my best to upgrade the team a bit while sticking true to its origins nature.

The first problem I see is that there isn’t a solid improof for TriRay. This means if an imposter switches in on him, it’s basically gg. In order to combat this, I’d Change up the Arceus set. The current Arceus has no real use, as it’s too slow to sweep well and it isn’t self-improof like you were saying. I would replace your Arceus set with this:

Arceus-Ghost @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer
- Baton Pass

This set is immune to Ray’s status buffs and can counterattack with either a Core Enforcer to negate his priority or Spectral Thief to steal his buffs. This mon also helps check many PHeal Users with Core Enforcer and Spectral Thief to stop them from setting up. Baton Pass can be used to switch to one of your other mons to try to sweep.

Next up is Giratina. I like what you’re doing with Adaptability, but Gira isn’t the best user of it due to his bad speed tier. I would recommend switching him out to somebody like AdaptBand MMX

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Spikes

This mon can hit incredibly hard as well, but he doesn’t take any setup. Photon Geyser helps deal with Shed, and he still acts as a Spike Setter.

However, MMX now lacks an improof, so we can change another mon to fix that. Fur Coat MSteelix is a nice mon, but he lacks any sort of way of threatening the enemy. Along with that, setup tanks usually don’t work well in a metagame like BH where so many threats can put out immediate damage. I’d swap him with FC Zyg, who fills his current purpose but better.

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

He naturally has insane bulk, so he can shrug off nearly any physical hit, along with the ability to not instantly die to Special Attackers. By trapping with TWaves, he beats any aggressively-switched imposters. Groundium Z is to add in a Normgar check since I removed Arceus’ ability to beat Gar.

Next up is Salamence. I definitely like this set, but MMence is not the right mon for the job. MRayquaza can be used instead, since he has much higher offensive sets at the cost of only 5 Speed.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Fleur Cannon
- Moongeist Beam

I chose not to add Fighting coverage to allow Arceus to check it better, and I’m using Leftovers to help resist chip damage. Moongeist beats enemy Shed, and Speed+ nature lets it be able to outspeed more mons without having to VCreate.

Unfortunately, I’ve decided to scrap the Gyarados set. He gets destroyed by Goggles, Comatose, and Sleep clause. Along with that, he just isn’t able to kill well enough. With that free slot open up, we can use FC Chansey to help shore up your team’s weakness to MDiancie and add another pivot.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn

This is your answer to opposing -ate mons. It can walk out many Special Setup sweepers, including Normgar. This mon also helps you have more hazard removal so you can’t be spinblocked by opposing Sheds and Giras.

That’s about it. The team already looked decent enough for lower ladder, but now it should be good enough to go even higher. Hopefully I’ll see you in ladder some time!

This team is very unique, and does look fun to use, but a lot of these sets don’t seem too viable. I’ll try to do my best to upgrade the team a bit while sticking true to its origins nature.
Thanks for the response!
I looked into this and it does seem great, but a lot of it seems to have not worked for me in the past, I think it was you who told me about that exact same zyg and chansey and they worked really well. They got me to 1469 I think it was, before I hit a massive drop, by the time I could make things that did their jobs I dropped all the way back down to the 1100s, so I made this team. But I'm not one to listen to myself and never take others feedback, that's the whole reason I put this here anyways, I really like the idea of making some mons counter others from imposter. I'm going to use all the things you gave and try to make them into as much of a fit into this team as I can too. I'll update once I've done more.
The first thing though, I'm just switching out arceus's ability to dazzling, thus rendering rayquaza useless if impostered, because he literraly can't hit it with anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)