Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WARNING. Massive post / gold mine incoming! Also, position your finger over the like button and prepare yourself to click away.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower / Substitute / Stealth Rock

Nidoking is a really solid breaker in the UU tier imo. It can actually threaten muk, which is pretty common rn and a bunch of other common cores. Imo, I think volt turn is best with nidoking, but I will be satisfied with whatever playstyle. Hope you will take the time to build!

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 HP / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Building around Nidoking is always fun, as its complements appreciate having their checks and counters weakened for them. If played right, Nidoking performs this role amazingly in most games. This was my initial thought process when starting to build this team, and I decided to first round out the specially offensive portion of the team. Choice Specs Latias is an unorthodox but very potent set in my experience, and it's proven to be a worthwhile addition alongside Nidoking since either of the two usually ends up breaking through or crippling specially defensive tanks for the other. Thunderbolt isn't a common option, but it allows for Latias to hit opposing mons like Empoleon and Azumarill, which the rest of the team may have trouble against. Trick completes the set and is very useful for the team's stall match-up as it can help to cripple Blissey and take control of the game's pace. Choice Scarf Nihilego is a great cleaner alongside Nidoking and Latias, and most of its checks will usually be weakened enough for it to attempt a sweep later on in a game. Hidden Power Fire helps to whittle down Klefki and maybe even hope to catch something like Scizor on the switch, and Grass Knot deals with Swampert in one fell swoop rather than having to risk Latias getting Toxic'd and thus limiting its impact on the remainder of the match. Steelium-Z Double Dance Cobalion further boosts the team's potential versus more offensive teams and also lures otherwise problematic threats like Gliscor and opposing Nidoking. Choice Band Azumarill provides the team with yet another potent wallbreaker and acts as a great emergency check to faster threats such as Hydreigon or Choice Scarf Infernape. Mega Aggron then rounds out the team, fulfilling its usual duty to provide Stealth Rock support. Fire Punch may seem odd here, but it helps to act as a backup check to Scizor. I really like how this team turned out, and I hope that you'll find the results you'll need with it!

Allright, seem i'm just really bad at Pokémon (: lost all the games thusfar with the team that was made on my request.
Not giving up, tho i am gonna request a whole different kind of team this time.

I would like to request a HO team around Infernape and M-Sharpedo.
I'll leave the movesets open to the builders imagination.

In the meanwhile im gonna go get the hang of this team (:

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 19 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Latias @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Mega Sharpedo Spikestack offense is a fairly common team archetype but also an effective one as well, and this team aims to provide all of the necessary support needed for Mega Sharpedo to clean up at the end of a game. Choice Scarf Infernape makes for a decent addition with it being able to control the pace of the game early on without having to mega-evolve Sharpedo prematurely. Klefki's spikestack support is highly appreciated, and also provides utility via Thunder Wave to help versus opposing threats to the team such as Mega Aerodactyl. Amoonguss is probably the best glue in the tier right now, and it helps to check many of the tier's prominent threats like Azumarill and Serperior. Foul Play may seem off, but it's a more straightforward approach to down Scizor and can also pressure other threats such as SD Gliscor pretty well. Gliscor is the team's dedicated rocker and performs a pivotal role as a bulky pivot (ha, see what I did there?). Electrium-Z Latias completes the team and helps to target otherwise bothersome mons like Empoleon for the rest of the team while also acting as the team's primary source of specially oriented offense. Enjoy the team!

Hey people this is actually my first time using the Forum and I am sorry about my bad English.
I didnt play UU since ORAS and there is a Offline Tournament in Germany where I am living and I want to preperate for it.
All of the Teams you are showing here are helping me a lot. So thank you for all the great work!
Here is my Request:
Can you build a balanced Team around Life Orb Starmie ?

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Giga Drain

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Scald
- Earthquake

Life Orb Starmie's another underrated threat that seems to fly under most people's radars, and as a result, it can potentially rip through many opposing teams while also providing the ever-useful hazard removal support. Thunderbolt usually finds a place on the set over Psyshock, however the change was necessary to aid the team's match-up versus stall. Choice Specs Hydreigon is yet another unexpected cannon, and can also rip holes through the opposition with its great STABs and coverage vs Fairies. At this point, I needed a fast offensive presence, preferably a physically based one, that further complemented the team's synergy. Mega Aerodactyl is a great anti-offense option, and it can also support the rest by downing or getting some necessary chip on certain threats with Pursuit. Klefki performs its usual role as a Spiker and checks Latias and other threatening mons. Normalium-Z Serperior provides the team with another wallbreaker, and can lure its usual checks like Amoonguss and Togekiss with a Z-Hyper Beam. Lastly, Swampert helps to halt Mega Manectric, Fire-types, and more while offering the ever-necessary Stealth Rock support. Counter mainly serves to surprise Azumarill and remove it from the match without teammates like Mega Aerodactyl having to worry about being checked later on. Have fun!

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

Completely new to UU. Just want an Offensive team (whether bulky or hyper Idm) that I can use in friendlies to try learn the tier (wont be touching ladder). It doesnt have to take stall into consideration as I wont be facing that at all anytime soon. Ive had experience with this infernape set in Oras UU, so gonna request it as I feel somewhat comfortable with it.

Thanks in advance:)

E: feel free to change up Evs, items and moves. Just stole this from the analysis

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 80 HP / 200 Atk / 176 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

I've enjoyed using Nasty Plot Infernape for quite a while now, as it's another one of those underrated offensive options that can potentially run right through most common builds. Pairing it with Alolan-Muk is a must, as Latias completely counters this Infernape set. Gliscor provides Defog and pivot support for the rest of the team, and is an immensely crucial part of the team's defensive core. Shuca Berry Cobalion prevents opposing Mega Aerodactyl from getting out of hand, and also provides Stealth Rock support. Amoonguss glues the team's defensive core together and Spore is an invaluable asset for teams with multiple set-up sweepers like this one. Mega Aerodactyl helps to check Flying-types like Mega Pidgeot and Gliscor, both of which could be dangerous and as always, provides some much appreciated offensive support. I wish you the best of luck and success with this team!

I have a little experience with UU and would like to build around a core I particularly like with Slyveon, Gliscor and AV Alolan Muk. (Sorry that the team is half built)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang/Other Team Specific Filler
- Roost

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell/Other Team Specific Filler

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost
- Hurricane

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

I'll admit that the combination of Sylveon, Gliscor, and Alolan-Muk was a little difficult to build around at first, but I eventually settled on this balanced build. Sylveon performs its usual duty as a cleric and Wish passer, both of which are invaluable support options for balanced teams in general. It also acts as the team's de facto tank, and can check a wide variety of threats with its great defensive stats and typing. Stealth Rock Gliscor is a fine addition alongside Sylveon, and takes on most of the Steel and Poison types that would otherwise take Sylveon down. Alolan-Muk's set is also standard, and it forms a nice special wall with Sylveon to counteract the vast majority of the tier's specially offensive threats. At this point, balanced team like this would most likely have trouble faring against stall, so Work Up Mega Pidgeot was added solely for that purpose. It also provides the team with some decent speed control should the game ever get out of hand. Tentacruel spins away hazards for the rest of the team while also checking Scizor and Breloom, which the rest of the team could struggle versus. The last addition to the team was a bulky Scizor, which gave the team a Mega Aerodactyl check as well as some priority and a potent set-up sweeper. This request was a very interesting one for me to build around, and I hope you are pleased with how it turned out.

I really hope all of you enjoy the teams and the thought process that went into crafting them. Enjoy n_n

Last edited:

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
WARNING. Massive post / gold mine incoming! Also, position your finger over the like button and prepare yourself to click away.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Building around Nidoking is always fun, as its complements appreciate having their checks and counters weakened for them. If played right, Nidoking performs this role amazingly in most games. This was my initial thought process when starting to build this team, and I decided to first round out the specially offensive portion of the team. Choice Specs Latias is an unorthodox but very potent set in my experience, and it's proven to be a worthwhile addition alongside Nidoking since either of the two usually ends up breaking through or crippling specially defensive tanks for the other. Thunderbolt isn't a common option, but it allows for Latias to hit opposing mons like Empoleon and Azumarill, which the rest of the team may have trouble against. Trick completes the set and is very useful for the team's stall match-up as it can help to cripple Blissey and take control of the game's pace. Choice Scarf Nihilego is a great cleaner alongside Nidoking and Latias, and most of its checks will usually be weakened enough for it to attempt a sweep later on in a game. Hidden Power Fire helps to whittle down Klefki and maybe even hope to catch something like Scizor on the switch, and Grass Knot deals with Swampert in one fell swoop rather than having to risk Latias getting Toxic'd and thus limiting its impact on the remainder of the match. Steelium-Z Double Dance Cobalion further boosts the team's potential versus more offensive teams and also lures otherwise problematic threats like Gliscor and opposing Nidoking. Choice Band Azumarill provides the team with yet another potent wallbreaker and acts as a great emergency check to faster threats such as Hydreigon or Choice Scarf Infernape. Mega Aggron then rounds out the team, fulfilling its usual duty to provide Stealth Rock support. Fire Punch may seem odd here, but it helps to act as a backup check to Scizor. I really like how this team turned out, and I hope that you'll find the results you'll need with it!

Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Mega Sharpedo Spikestack offense is a fairly common team archetype but also an effective one as well, and this team aims to provide all of the necessary support needed for Mega Sharpedo to clean up at the end of a game. Choice Scarf Infernape makes for a decent addition with it being able to control the pace of the game early on without having to mega-evolve Sharpedo prematurely. Klefki's spikestack support is highly appreciated, and also provides utility via Thunder Wave to help versus opposing threats to the team such as Mega Aerodactyl. Amoonguss is probably the best glue in the tier right now, and it helps to check many of the tier's prominent threats like Azumarill and Serperior. Foul Play may seem off, but it's a more straightforward approach to down Scizor and can also pressure other threats such as SD Gliscor pretty well. Gliscor is the team's dedicated rocker and performs a pivotal role as a bulky pivot (ha, see what I did there?). Electrium-Z Latias completes the team and helps to target otherwise bothersome mons like Empoleon for the rest of the team while also acting as the team's primary source of specially oriented offense. Enjoy the team!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Giga Drain

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Scald
- Earthquake

Life Orb Starmie's another underrated threat that seems to fly under most people's radars, and as a result, it can potentially rip through many opposing teams while also providing the ever-useful hazard removal support. Thunderbolt usually finds a place on the set over Psyshock, however the change was necessary to aid the team's match-up versus stall. Choice Specs Hydreigon is yet another unexpected cannon, and can also rip holes through the opposition with its great STABs and coverage vs Fairies. At this point, I needed a fast offensive presence, preferably a physically based one, that further complemented the team's synergy. Mega Aerodactyl is a great anti-offense option, and it can also support the rest by downing or getting some necessary chip on certain threats with Pursuit. Klefki performs its usual role as a Spiker and checks Latias and other threatening mons. Normalium-Z Serperior provides the team with another wallbreaker, and can lure its usual checks like Amoonguss and Togekiss with a Z-Hyper Beam. Lastly, Swampert helps to halt Mega Manectric, Fire-types, and more while offering the ever-necessary Stealth Rock support. Counter mainly serves to surprise Azumarill and remove it from the match without teammates like Mega Aerodactyl having to worry about being checked later on. Have fun!

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

I've enjoyed using Nasty Plot Infernape for quite a while now, as it's another one of those underrated offensive options that can potentially run right through most common builds. Pairing it with Alolan-Muk is a must, as Latias completely counters this Infernape set. Gliscor provides Defog and pivot support for the rest of the team, and is an immensely crucial part of the team's defensive core. Shuca Berry Cobalion prevents opposing Mega Aerodactyl from getting out of hand, and also provides Stealth Rock support. Amoonguss glues the team's defensive core together and Spore is an invaluable asset for teams with multiple set-up sweepers like this one. Mega Aerodactyl helps to check Flying-types like Mega Pidgeot and Gliscor, both of which could be dangerous and as always, provides some much appreciated offensive support. I wish you the best of luck and success with this team!

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost
- Hurricane

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

I'll admit that the combination of Sylveon, Gliscor, and Alolan-Muk was a little difficult to build around at first, but I eventually settled on this balanced build. Sylveon performs its usual duty as a cleric and Wish passer, both of which are invaluable support options for balanced teams in general. It also acts as the team's de facto tank, and can check a wide variety of threats with its great defensive stats and typing. Stealth Rock Gliscor is a fine addition alongside Sylveon, and takes on most of the Steel and Poison types that would otherwise take Sylveon down. Alolan-Muk's set is also standard, and it forms a nice special wall with Sylveon to counteract the vast majority of the tier's specially offensive threats. At this point, balanced team like this would most likely have trouble faring against stall, so Work Up Mega Pidgeot was added solely for that purpose. It also provides the team with some decent speed control should the game ever get out of hand. Tentacruel spins away hazards for the rest of the team while also checking Scizor and Breloom, which the rest of the team could struggle versus. The last addition to the team was a bulky Scizor, which gave the team a Mega Aerodactyl check as well as some priority and a potent set-up sweeper. This request was a very interesting one for me to build around, and I hope you are pleased with how it turned out.

I really hope all of you enjoy the teams and the thought process that went into crafting them. Enjoy n_n
I really appreciate it man, in retrospect my request was a bit awkward to fulfill. Thanks for doing it!

snorlax.gif

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake/Fire Punch

Requesting Papalax because fat user vivalospride told me to leave a request. Also this thing is cool and idk how to start building around it. Its a good check to stuff like Primarina, non-CM, non-Trick Latias, and Nidoking so I figure if you can patch its weaknesses it has some merit. Fire Punch or Earthquake is really sort of up to the user, Jellicent and Chandelureare the main thing that resists Fire/Normal and at the very least Chandy is relatively easy to remove, and without Fire Punch Scizor becomes way more annoying. Earthquake means you have an easier time checking stuff like Gengar and Nidoking. I'll leave it up to the builders bc y'all are much better at this than I am. Thanks!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hihi!

So, with another of my ORAS OU favourites, the boxer mushroom thing, making a home in USUM UU, I've wanted to try and make my first real splash in the tier myself. I'm completely new to this place though, so I'd really like a hand with building a first team.

Gengar @ Undecided
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Reflect Type

My man Gengar is the mon whom I want to start the team around, but the presence of Alolan Muk and its Pursuit is already giving me cause for concern off the bat. I then thought that I could use Reflect Type as a workaround since it's given me some success in getting Gengar away from other Pursuit trappers in the last generation, but I don't know if it's as worthwhile this time now that I'm playing in a different tier. This mental debate has basically slowed me to a halt so far; I haven't thought about the held item yet, or any suitable teammates.

All I've really figured out is that I want a balanced offense approach for the team. Thanks in advance!
Hey Gengarzilla , Reflect Type Gengar is something I've had experience with in the past, and I'm glad this is the first team I'm building for the lab! While you requested a more balanced offensive approach, I thought Gengar's talents were more suited to Hyper Offense, so I hope you don't mind the archetype switch. Anyway, let's get to the team!

gengar.gif
Mamoswine.gif
infer.gif
scizor.gif
crawdaunt.gif
sceptile-mega.gif

Gengar @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Reflect Type

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

For your Gengar, I've opted to go for a Fightinium-Z crystal in the item slot. This gives you a 100% accurate All Out Pummeling with a whopping 190 BP, capable of feats such as ohkoing Mega Pidgeot and offensive Scizor with rocks. Reflect Type actually was quite useful in my testing in matchups vs pokemon like Alolan Muk and Amoonguss. With Muk you get leeway to safely stay in and click moves, knowing you have at least one free switch out, and with Amoonguss you can often stay in to Reflect Type, absorb the Spore, and pressure it with Sludge Bomb. While Reflect Type is nice to get around some of Gengar's usual checks, it still needs support to fully break through them. Mamoswine is a great partner, providing stealth rocks and pressuring checks like the aforementioned Muk-A and specially defensive Gliscor. A strong Ice Shard is very helpful when dealing with flying types like Pidgeot and Crobat too. The next partner was Infernape, brought to check Scizor and bring some much needed speed control to our team. A standard choice scarf set fills in nicely, with Gunk Shot being the coverage of choice to smack Azumarill. A Dragon switch was something the team lacked, and I chose Band Scizor to fulfill that role. I've opted for a bulkier spread to take moves from the likes of Latias and Mega Sceptile better. The speed allows you to creep one of the most common Azumarill spreads, smacking it with your Bullet Punch for hefty damage. Pursuit is this teams main way of removing Choice Scarf Latias as well, something very threatening. In my last two slots, the main two weaknesses I could see were the Stall matchup and the lack of Water type switch ins. Crawdaunt takes on the former, with Swords Dance becoming an incredibly threatening sweeper. Aqua Jet prevents it from becoming total deadweight against offensive teams, giving you even more priority to spam. Finally, Mega Sceptile is a Scald switch in, provides secondary speed control, and has great STABs to dismantle Water types. This team should optimally be played very aggressively. You lack defensive counterplay for some threats such as Crobat and Mega Pidgeot, but your onslaught of priority and speed should hold that at bay. Especially for Azumarill keep Scizor and Sceptile healthy enough to revenge it.

I hope you enjoy the team, I certainly did in building and testing!

Last edited:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Giga Drain

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Scald
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost
- Hurricane

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Damn, thanks for the team :o !!
Its super cool, whats poisiniumZ for tho on amoong? it it for smacking fairies for ape? and then would lo be worth considering then ?
Despite quitting mons due to how boring Ou was becoming, this might just re ignite my interest :)

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Damn, thanks for the team :o !!
Its super cool, whats poisiniumZ for tho on amoong? it it for smacking fairies for ape? and then would lo be worth considering then ?
Despite quitting mons due to how boring Ou was becoming, this might just re ignite my interest :)
Glad you liked it! Poisonium-Z along with the spread allows Amoonguss to check Belly Drum Azumarill and one shot it and other threats, such as Serperior, with a Z-Sludge Bomb. Now as you may have noticed, the team has 2 Z-move users, and this may seem extremely redundant and confusing at first. However, since Amoonguss is really my only stop to Belly Drum Azumarill, having it take 'itemless' damage from Knock Off is essential and I opted to have it hold a Poisonium-Z just in case a particular situation created the need for you to eliminate or dent an opposing mon with a Z-Sludge Bomb. Most of the time you'll be trying to make use of Infernape's Z-move instead, so this is more of a tool to keep stashed away until the absolute need to use it arises. It certainly offers more usability than having Amoonguss hold no item, that's for sure. If you trust your ability to prevent Azumarill from setting up and therefore deem Poisonium-Z to be unnecessary, then feel free to change its item to Black Sludge or Rocky Helmet. Sorry for not explaining this earlier, and I hope this explanation helped to answer your question. Have fun n_n

Sage

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 103902
Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake/Fire Punch

Requesting Papalax because fat user vivalospride told me to leave a request. Also this thing is cool and idk how to start building around it. Its a good check to stuff like Primarina, non-CM, non-Trick Latias, and Nidoking so I figure if you can patch its weaknesses it has some merit. Fire Punch or Earthquake is really sort of up to the user, Jellicent and Chandelureare the main thing that resists Fire/Normal and at the very least Chandy is relatively easy to remove, and without Fire Punch Scizor becomes way more annoying. Earthquake means you have an easier time checking stuff like Gengar and Nidoking. I'll leave it up to the builders bc y'all are much better at this than I am. Thanks!
What's up bmacbnasty, the big papa is definitely a slept on threat in UU, and I'm glad you requested a team built around it. Just as a warning, this team features some non standard EV spreads, but I'll fully explain them and what they're designed to do. I'm going to post them in a spoiler under the team description because it otherwise is insanely long to read. I decided to go with a Bulky Offensive team that still manages to maintain some momentum. Hope you enjoy!

snorlax (1).gif
altaria.gif
gliscor (1).gif
cobalion (1).gif
suicune (1).gif
rotom-mow.gif

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 88 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 104 HP / 88 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Trick

Alrighty, let's start off with the big papa itself! Here we've got Papalax, able to 1v1 many threats in the UU tier thanks to its massive natural bulk, Gluttony to use its berry, and Curse to patch up its defense. Curse and Recycle are mandatory, I've opted for Facade so Snorlax can function as a status absorber / Scald tank, and Earthquake to threaten things like Nidoking and Chandelure that would otherwise rip this team apart.A great partner for Papalax I've found in testing is Mega Altaria, checking most of the Fighting types that threaten Snorlax and providing strong coverage for the team. I've opted for 3 attacks plus Roost on this team. With Snorlax and Gliscor absorbing status, Heal Bell didn't seem necessary, and Defog is added on a later member. Ice Beam and Fire Blast can lure unsuspecting Gliscors and Scizors respectively, especially after you reveal one coverage move, with three attacks Altaria-M not being very common. Next up, Gliscor provides a check to the Fightings that Altaria can struggle with in Heracross and Cobalion, as well as be a devastating stall/balance breaker. A fast Swords Dance set with Earthquake and Facade allows you to put the pressure on your opponent very quickly. Next up we've got our Stealth Rock user, running a set I have a fair amount of nostalgia for, and I believe is fairly underexplored in Gen 7, Utility Cobalion. A Rocky Helmet was chosen to punish U-turn spam from the likes of Beedrill and Scizor. HP Ice and Volt Switch threaten Gliscor and keep momentum on your side respectively. Volt Switch doing around 40 to Coba switch ins like Moltres is appreciated, and Close Combat is your main STAB. Next up is our second answer for fat teams and another bulky fire switch in, the legendary Vincune. You know what it does, annoy the everliving hell out of your opponent and never die. No need to get creative a classic Sub CM Scald Protect will help you break through slow balance and stall alike when combined with SD gliscor and Snorlax. Finally, Rotom-C gives you an incredible amount of role compression in one slot. It brings Hazard Removal, Trick utility to mess with stall, Volt Switch for Momentum, and speed control vs the entire unboosted metagame. It's really just a great glue mon for the team.

The biggest threat to this team I've found in testing is Serperior. Keeping Altaria healthy is crucial, Suicune can also PP stall Serperior provided it gets behind a Substitute first. Opposing Suicune can also be a little tricky, but you have Rotom's Trick Scarf to cripple it as well as your own Suicune as a contingency plan if things get dire. Cobalion is also a threat if set up, but it struggles to find free turns vs this team, as most of them can pressure it heavily.

I had a ton of fun using old classics like Snorlax and Cobalion from my BW days (although with an updated set for big Papa), and am glad to have taken this request on. The spreads are below, and good luck in your battles!

Snorlax: Your EV spread provides the following: Max HP and 140 Special Defense with Careful nature allow you to avoid the 2hko from Timid Specs Primarina with Stealth Rocks. This lets you start to Recycle safely so you can fish for a miss or just plain PP stall it. 28 attack guarantees the Ohko on Chandelure at +1 with Earthquake, where something like Specs Fire Blast might blow through you if you miss that roll. Finally, leftover EVs were put in defense to take physical hits better.

Altaria: 184 Speed allows you to beat neutral base 70s like Breloom and positive base 60s like Primarina, Max Special Attack to hit as hard as possible, and the rest put in HP.

Gliscor: 188 Speed with a Jolly nature outspeeds positive 85s such as Nidoking and Heracross, 244 HP hits a Poison Heal number, with the rest dumped in attack.

Cobalion: For this spread, Max speed with Naive is required, 108 base speed is too good to pass up. 88 Atk guarantees the Ohko on Hydreigon with rocks, while 64 SpA cleanly 2hkoes 76 SpD Gliscor through Poison Heal. The rest is put in HP to increase your natural bulk somewhat as you are a utility set.

Suicune: Max HP so your substitutes aren't broken by Seismic Toss, 216 Speed with Jolly outspeeds positive base 80s like Mamoswine and Chandelure. 40 SpD allows you to freely Substitute on Amoonguss at +1, it will be unable to break them with Giga Drain.

Rotom-C: Max Speed to beat the entire unboosted metagame, and Max SpA to hit as hard as possible.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'd like a Balance or BO team based around toxic orb loom! I really like toxic orb loom lately as it's a good wallbreaker with some sustain to it to keep it around longer. Ideally I'd like the team to be a bit creative in terms of mons and sets but I can see how this would be tricky to work around/an extra burden when making the team so if needs be I'll settle for whatever is given to me!

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Mach Punch

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Specs Chandelure is a really cool mon in the current metagame. Its fire and ghost stab can be useful in a lot of matchups and infiltrator just adds to it's breaking power being able to get past sub serperiors and more. I'd really appreciate if anyone took their time to build this!

Hello Builders!
I really enjoy reading this thread, but now i'll post my own request for this behemoth!

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- filler
- filler

Darmanitan cleans offense and can crunch walls, but unfortunately, it lacks some aspects which keep it behind in the meta. Its main weakness it its lack of longevity, usually only a few flare blitzes can make it faint in recoil. A weakness to stealth rock further hinders its longevity. I'd like a team that can support Darmanitan's needs to destroy. A unique way i could see this happening would be with semi-stall, but it's really up to the builder.

I've made a few attempts at making a Darmanitan team, but they all ended up quite mediocre, good luck builders! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Requesting a CB Heracross team w/ Sleep Talk, I prefer playing Offensively usually, but am game for whatever. I think this is a cool set and could put in some work w/ Spore running around in UU fairly regularly from Loom and Amoong to name the two big ones, either way, I think it can find room on a decent team absorbing toxic's or whatever as well.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Megahorn / Facade

I'd like to pair it with something that pressures Gliscor as an offensive partner, like Sub Kyurem, but there are many mon's that pressure Gliscor, and I think the builders would appreciate some flexibility.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Hello, I would like to request a team around CM Cobalion, a mon ive always had trouble building around:

Cobalion @ Steelium Z/Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

CM Cobalion I feel is an underrated threat atm. It's also an excellent stallbreaker, as it lures in Quagsire since it thinks it is SD. I would prefer Bulky Offense, but any other archetype is fine. Also, this might be nitpicky, but no type stacking: for example, two steels. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello Builders!
I really enjoy reading this thread, but now i'll post my own request for this behemoth!

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- filler
- filler

Darmanitan cleans offense and can crunch walls, but unfortunately, it lacks some aspects which keep it behind in the meta. Its main weakness it its lack of longevity, usually only a few flare blitzes can make it faint in recoil. A weakness to stealth rock further hinders its longevity. I'd like a team that can support Darmanitan's needs to destroy. A unique way i could see this happening would be with semi-stall, but it's really up to the builder.

I've made a few attempts at making a Darmanitan team, but they all ended up quite mediocre, good luck builders! :blobthumbsup:

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
So, starting with Darm... I decided to go with Band > Scarf simply because I find it to be the significantly better set since Scarf is outclassed by the faster, not rock weak Infernape... also Band Darm is generally just super fun. I decided to go with a cool Volt Turn core with Band Darm and Hp Grass Mmane to lure things like Swampert, Toad, Quag, etc. that can kinda-ish switch into a Band Darm's Flare Blitz. Now since I have Hp Grass > Hp Ice on Mmane, I decided to get something to make sure the Gliscor matchup is proper. So here comes Sub Roost Kyurem... having Mamo woulda been so easy to put here for role compression purposes, but Sub Roost Kyurem is actually so fun to use and helps this team's Mmane and Gliscor matchup a whole lot :D. With this, the team is lookin super rocks weak, having to take 25% from rocks when switching into an EQ from Gliscor sucks for Kyurem, and Darm lacks recovery and durability because of it's weakness to rocks and basically killing itself over time with the spamming of Flare Blitz. Togekiss comes in due to this weakness to rocks... on top of this though, it also gives the team a much needed Fairy type, Ground immunity, and consistent Serp/Loom answer w/ T-Wave for some fun w/ hax >:^D. Now here comes Choice Scarf Krookodile which serves as the team's speed control and primary Maero check. Krook is also useful for the CM Lati m/u and Pursuit trapping things like Lati, Chandelure, and primarily Mega Manectric. So now I have Cobalion w/ Occa Berry which I think is p neat as it can kinda serve as a secondary Hydreigon/Mega Houndoom answer, a lot of people don't see it coming either... also the team lacks fire resists, so Occa Berry seemed p cool here.

Lmk how it goes, if you have any questions hmu on Smogon or PS i'm vivalospride on both n_n.

PS: Don't be afraid to click Flare Blitz ALWAYS with Band Darm... if you have the stuff like Quagsire, Swampert, etc. out of the way, EVERYTHING is 2HKOd by Flare Blitz >:^D.

Last edited:

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
So, starting with Darm... I decided to go with Band > Scarf simply because I find it to be the significantly better set since Scarf is outclassed by the faster, not rock weak Infernape... also Band Darm is generally just super fun. I decided to go with a cool Volt Turn core with Band Darm and Hp Grass Mmane to lure things like Swampert, Toad, Quag, etc. that can kinda-ish switch into a Band Darm's Flare Blitz. Now since I have Hp Grass > Hp Ice on Mmane, I decided to get something to make sure the Gliscor matchup is proper. So here comes Sub Roost Kyurem... having Mamo woulda been so easy to put here for role compression purposes, but Sub Roost Kyurem is actually so fun to use and helps this team's Mmane and Gliscor matchup a whole lot :D. With this, the team is lookin super rocks weak, having to take 25% from rocks when switching into an EQ from Gliscor sucks for Kyurem, and Darm lacks recovery and durability because of it's weakness to rocks and basically killing itself over time with the spamming of Flare Blitz. Togekiss comes in due to this weakness to rocks... on top of this though, it also gives the team a much needed Fairy type, Ground immunity, and consistent Serp/Loom answer w/ T-Wave for some fun w/ hax >:^D. Now here comes Choice Scarf Krookodile which serves as the team's speed control and primary Maero check. Krook is also useful for the CM Lati m/u and Pursuit trapping things like Lati, Chandelure, and primarily Mega Manectric. So now I have Cobalion w/ Occa Berry which I think is p neat as it can kinda serve as a secondary Hydreigon/Mega Houndoom answer, a lot of people don't see it coming either... also the team lacks fire resists, so Occa Berry seemed p cool here.

Lmk how it goes, if you have any questions hmu on Smogon or PS i'm vivalospride on both n_n.

PS: Don't be afraid to click Flare Blitz ALWAYS with Band Darm... if you have the stuff like Quagsire, Swampert, etc. out of the way, EVERYTHING is 2HKOd by Flare Blitz >:^D.
Wow, thanks! I will be sure to try it out on the ladder! Just one question though, what does togekiss' speed investment aim to outspeed?

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, thanks! I will be sure to try it out on the ladder! Just one question though, what does togekiss' speed investment aim to outspeed?
Jolly Breloom. That's the main one, although you'd also outspeed the uncommon Timid Volcanion to paralyse it or get some damage off/get it to flinch. Same with non-Choice Scarf Magneton but you aren't doing anything to it anyway.

Sage

Hello, I would like to request a team around CM Cobalion, a mon ive always had trouble building around:

Cobalion @ Steelium Z/Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

CM Cobalion I feel is an underrated threat atm. It's also an excellent stallbreaker, as it lures in Quagsire since it thinks it is SD. I would prefer Bulky Offense, but any other archetype is fine. Also, this might be nitpicky, but no type stacking: for example, two steels. Thanks in advance!
Hello D2P2 HD , I've got your CM Cobalion team coming up! It was very fun to use such an old set in a fresh meta, so thanks for requesting this!

hydreigon.gif
tentacruel.gif
cobalion.gif
Tsareena.gif
hippowdon.gif
aerodactyl-mega.gif

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Roost
Alrighty, let's start with King Coba itself. I slightly modified the set you gave me, opting for Hidden Power Ice > Grass and a Fightinium-Z Crystal. This lets you break Gliscor much more easily (also luring other Ground types), and gives you a 100% accurate Fighting type move when you need it. Quagsire still falls to either an All Out Pummeling with a little chip or repeated Focus Blasts. CM Cobalion is a great cleaner / stallbreaker with lots of Bulk and speed, but it can struggle to dent walls early game. Here I added a Choice Band Tsareena to help break Special Walls, check Water types, and pivot around. I've opted for moving Rapid Spin onto another party member so I can run both Knock Off and High Jump Kick. Speaking of Rapid Spin, Tentacruel is a much needed Azumarill check, also removing hazards and stopping dangerous setup sweepers. Hippowdon was chosen as a bulky Stealth Rock user that can also check dangerous threats like Latias and Mega Manectric. Max Special Defense is chosen as most of the threats this team needs Hippowdon to check are special attackers. I like Toxic over Whirlwind hear to put sweepers on a timer as opposed to just delaying the inevitable. Rounding out the team, it was looking slow, and there were some specific fat builds that Cobalion can't break through by itself. Hydreigon solves the first problem, giving a ground immunity, reliable speed control versus threats like DD Haxorus, and another pivot with U-turn. Mega Aerodactyl is a great partner for Cobalion especially. It is running a slightly unorthodox moveset that lets it check certain things the team needs. Pursuit greatly aids Cobalion in breaking Moltres stall, as well as trapping annoying threats like Gengar. Ice Fang is a reliable move vs Dragon types, where this team can struggle to check due to lack of a Fairy type. Roost allows you to continuously come in to Pursuit trap against stall builds.

I hope you enjoy the team, CM Cobalion was a great idea!

Last edited:
Looking for a team that I am using for a tournament. I expect some of the better players to bring stall so I want it to have a great match up against it and decent match ups against other teams. Some different team options to pick from would be nice. Would like it to be built around heracross with guts.
Cheers

Last edited:

Accel

thanks for the memories
Looking for a team that I am using for a tournament. I expect some of the better players to bring stall so I want it to have a great match up against it and decent match ups against other teams. Some different team options to pick from would be nice.
Cheers
Hello! We'll gladly take your request, however it certainly would be simpler for you to give us a Pokemon of your choice to build around. This would help both of us out, as the finished product will be specifically crafted as per your specific request and there also wouldn't be any vague building on our end. Please start off by taking a look at our archive and recent teams before requesting a Pokemon for us to build around, as there's a chance your eventual request may have already been indirectly fulfilled.

Felixx

I'm back.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Requesting some form of Bulky Offense with SubCM Chandy, I heard this mon was complete flames (pun intended) but it looks a little hard to build around with a weakness to pursuit and rocks. Azu, A-Muk and Hydreigon all being so popular definitely puts a dent in its viability, but being able to check Loom, Serp and Coba is pretty cool, tho it isn't that bulky. Overall would like to see what you guys can come up with! Good luck!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rest

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Started with NP Azelf + Double Dance Cobalion. Changed the Cobalion a little bit to what I feel is better, I hope it's alright. I had a really bad weakness to Electric-types, so I added Swampert, which also provides Stealth Rock support to help the two sweepers. My Speed control felt pretty bad and I wanted a Ghost-resist, hence I added Choice Scarf Hydreigon. This also provides a panic Defogger, just in case. Next, I added Mega Aerodactyl, which provides me with Pursuit support because certain Pokemon, such as Latias, could be a problem. This also helped the Speed control of the team. Lastly, I added Sap Sipper Azumarill because I was really weak to Grass-types, such as Breloom and Tsareena, at that point. All in all, this team has worked for me pretty nicely and I hope you'll have fun with it, Bortortle.

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Oh wait, there's more! Luckily for Felixx, I have a pretty heat SubCM Chandelure team I've been using on the ladder lately that I don't mind posting it here! To be real, I built the team around Choice Band Tsareena, not around SubCM Chandelure, so I will explain the building process from Tsareena.

I wanted a Pokemon that appreciates Tsareena breaking through bulky Water- and Ground-types, and potentially luring Steel-types and severely weakening them with High Jump Kick, so I added Stakataka, which is a Pokemon I tend to never use, but it fit the spot. I added a Swampert because I wanted a good Electric-type check and a Stealth Rock setter. At this point, I wanted a Pokemon that could take advantage of Steel-types, so I added SubCM Chandelure, which also really helps the Stall matchup. I had pretty poor Speed control and no Ghost- or Dark-types resist, so I added Choice Scarf Hydreigon, which fit the spot pretty well. Lastly, I wanted a Dragon-type answer and a Defog user, so I added Togekiss. I have a pretty weird set with Babiri Berry + Flamethrower. This lures Steel-types, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron, and either kill or severely weaken them, because even if I have SubCM Chandelure, Swampert, and Choice Band Tsareena, they were still really threatening to me. Have fun!

Felixx

I'm back.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rest

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- U-turn

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Started with NP Azelf + Double Dance Cobalion. Changed the Cobalion a little bit to what I feel is better, I hope it's alright. I had a really bad weakness to Electric-types, so I added Swampert, which also provides Stealth Rock support to help the two sweepers. My Speed control felt pretty bad and I wanted a Ghost-resist, hence I added Choice Scarf Hydreigon. This also provides a panic Defogger, just in case. Next, I added Mega Aerodactyl, which provides me with Pursuit support because certain Pokemon, such as Latias, could be a problem. This also helped the Speed control of the team. Lastly, I added Sap Sipper Azumarill because I was really weak to Grass-types, such as Breloom and Tsareena, at that point. All in all, this team has worked for me pretty nicely and I hope you'll have fun with it, Bortortle.

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Oh wait, there's more! Luckily for Felixx, I have a pretty heat SubCM Chandelure team I've been using on the ladder lately that I don't mind posting it here! To be real, I built the team around Choice Band Tsareena, not around SubCM Chandelure, so I will explain the building process from Tsareena.

I wanted a Pokemon that appreciates Tsareena breaking through bulky Water- and Ground-types, and potentially luring Steel-types and severely weakening them with High Jump Kick, so I added Stakataka, which is a Pokemon I tend to never use, but it fit the spot. I added a Swampert because I wanted a good Electric-type check and a Stealth Rock setter. At this point, I wanted a Pokemon that could take advantage of Steel-types, so I added SubCM Chandelure, which also really helps the Stall matchup. I had pretty poor Speed control and no Ghost- or Dark-types resist, so I added Choice Scarf Hydreigon, which fit the spot pretty well. Lastly, I wanted a Dragon-type answer and a Defog user, so I added Togekiss. I have a pretty weird set with Babiri Berry + Flamethrower. This lures Steel-types, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron, and either kill or severely weaken them, because even if I have SubCM Chandelure, Swampert, and Choice Band Tsareena, they were still really threatening to me. Have fun!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)