Undiscovered Types [PLAYABLE on Galaxy Server!]

Name(s): Mega Garchomp
Type: Dragon / Fighting
Justification: This follows a similar mentality to Fighting Haxorus - it has a ferocious and strong look to it. Fighting isn't out of the question that, and most of the other good ideas were taken ;; I didn't want to straight up give this monster Close Combat, so I figured the best STAB for it would be Cross Chop, as its not too powerful and fits with its design. Finally, since it doesn't have its Ground-typing, Sand Force isn't the most sensible for it. Since the whole idea is that we're going for the ferocious / powerful flavor for its Fighting-type, Intimidate was given to it. This is also mainly here to give Garchomp more viability over normal chomp.
New Moves: Cross Chop
Removed Moves: none
Altered Abilities: Sand Force --> Intimidate
Why not No Guard? Same as Machamp (Fighting-type) and strong (Dragon Rush+Iron Tail=OP).

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Mega Garchomp's slow speed doesn't really help when opponents can hit it as well with strong high BP, low acc attacks. Intimidate allows mega chomp to function similar to Tankchomp, Rough Skin pre mega and Intimidate both annoys physical attackers. You didn't even need good defense for an Intimidate mega to be useful in OU - just look at Mega Manectric.

picksome

Banned deucer.
Name(s): Kangaskhan
Type: Normal / Dragon
Justification: Kangaskhan looks pretty much a reptilian marsupial. Plus it already learns Outrage.
New Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse
Altered Abilities: Inner Focus --> Intimidate

Well what about Nidoking?

Name(s): Nidoran Male, Nidorino, Nidoking
Type: Dragon/Fighting (Nidoran Male and Nidorinoare pure Dragon)
Justification: Same as Nidoqueen.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Close Combat.
Removed Moves: Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Toxic Spikes.
Altered Abilities: Poison Point is replaced with Competitive.

Name(s): Scolipede
Type: Bug/Dragon
Justification: This may sound weird, but I think Scolipede looks like a reptilian bug. Millipedes look like some creepy retilian bugs and Scolipede is based off an old species of millipede that may have been terrifying.
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Tail, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: None.
Altered Abilities: Poison Point is replaced with Intimidate.

Snaquaza Edit: Please don't double post.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
picksome, if you want to add a Pokemon to your suggestions, could you please edit it in (there's a button beneath the post), instead of making another post, just like all others? I've had to delete your last two posts and edit it into your post now. There's not even been a post since your first post, so you don't even have to be afraid of people not seeing it.

Justification: Kangaskhan looks pretty much a reptilian marsupial. Plus it already learns Outrage.
Altered Abilities: Inner Focus --> Intimidate

Well what about Nidoking?

Type: Dragon/Fighting (Nidoran Male and Nidorinoare pure Dragon)
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Close Combat.

Justification: This may sound weird, but I think Scolipede looks like a reptilian bug. Millipedes look like some creepy retilian bugs and Scolipede is based off an old species of millipede that may have been terrifying.
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Stone Edge

Snaquaza Edit: Please don't double post.
Objection! Scolipede hasn't got any Claw to use Dragon Claw!

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Every single Pokemon that can learn Dragon Claw, even Altaria - has claws. The only exception to this is Mew, who learns it through TM and we all know why Mew gets a mew. I suppose it's up to the creator of the meta, but yeah, there's no flavour in that one. It does have a reason to keep Dragon Tail though. "Horns and tails" acting as claws make no sense whatsoever.

Name(s): Exploud
Type: Normal/Dragon
Justification:
Exploud is pretty reptile-like in terms of looks already, and giving it a Dragon typing makes some sense.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw (TM), Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Outrage (Move Tutor, Egg Move), Draco Meteor (Move Tutor), Dragon Dance (Egg Move)
Removed Moves: None
Altered Abilities: +Mold Breaker (rip Soundproof users)

Name(s): Scyther
Justification:
Scyther also has reptilian features in its design including the head and the legs. That, and this can boost its usability, since Bug/Flying is... really bad.
New Moves: Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse (Move Tutor), Outrage, Draco Meteor (Move Tutor)
Removed Moves: Air Slash
Altered Abilities: Steadfast --> Hyper Cutter

Name(s): Marowak
Type: Dragon/Fighting
Justification: Marowak already learns quite a few Fighting moves, and the skull on its head looks rather obviously to be a reptilian one.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw (TM), Dragon Pulse (Move Tutor), Outrage, Draco Meteor (Move Tutor), Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Revenge, Karate Chop, Superpower (Move Tutor), Submission
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Blizzard
Altered Abilities: None
Love the idea of marowak for dragon/fighting, but I might be slightly biased since marowak is one of my favorite pokemon

Name(s): Dunsparce
Justification: Dunsparce is based on the tsuchinoko, a cryptid of Japanese origin that resembles a serpent. Additionally, its wings give it some resemblance to ancient depictions of dragons by the indigenous people of Central and South America. In addition, it is referred to as the Land Snake Pokemon, clearly in reference to its reptilian nature. It gains access to a handful of Dragon-type moves and Marvel Scale; while most of Dunsparce's stats are subpar, it has good HP and decent enough defenses, and Marvel Scale allows it to capitalize upon this. Alongside access to a wide variety of status moves, Roost, and phazing with the inclusion of Dragon Tail, Dunsparce can be an annoying thorn in an opponent's side.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: N/A
Altered Abilities: Rattled -> Marvel Scale

Name(s): Mienshao
Type: Fighting/Dragon
Justification: Mienshao is clearly a very noble fighter, and the Dragon-type has been traditionally associated with traits such as nobility and pride, as seen in other non-Dragon Pokemon who learn Dragon-type moves such as Arcanine and Lucario. Additionally, as the name suggests, Mienshao is partially based upon the disciplines of shaolin monks, adept martial artists and wise spiritual ascetics. The Shaolin Monastery itself, from which the monks and their discipline gain their names, is located in China, and China is well-known for its associations with Dragons. While it does not gain many notable Dragon-type moves, and in fact has an increased number of weaknesses now (including 4x to Fairy!), Dragon Dance allows it a Speed boost to outrun its foes, and giving it Mega Launcher instead of Reckless benefits it by giving it a large boost to two of its most powerful STAB moves; Aura Sphere and the newly-added Dragon Pulse.
New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage
Removed Moves: Reversal, Double Slap
Altered Abilities: Reckless -> Mega Launcher

Name(s): Volcarona
Justification: Volcarona is similar to many Dragon-types in that it is a figure of myth. Once it was worshiped as a sun deity, and there is some evidence that the large tower portion of the Relic Castle was meant as some form of shrine to house it within. Giving it Dragon as a type doesn't feel like too much of a stretch given this. Dragon Pulse hits hard in combination with Quiver Dance, but not nearly as hard as Draco Meteor - if you're willing to lost your SpA boosts. That said, not much outside of a Steel- or Fairy-type would be able to take a boosted Draco Meteor off of Volcarona's SpA. Advantages of gaining Dragon as a type include no longer having to fear 4x damage from Stealth Rock, and it no longer takes Super Effective damage from Fairy, allowing it to laugh in their faces as it sets up Quiver Dances before blasting them with Fire attacks.
New Moves: Dragonbreath, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: Flame Charge
Altered Abilities: Flame Body > Shed Skin

Last edited:

picksome

Banned deucer.
Name(s): Dunsparce
Justification: Dunsparce is based on the tsuchinoko, a cryptid of Japanese origin that resembles a serpent. Additionally, its wings give it some resemblance to ancient depictions of dragons by the indigenous people of Central and South America. In addition, it is referred to as the Land Snake Pokemon, clearly in reference to its reptilian nature. It gains access to a handful of Dragon-type moves and Marvel Scale; while most of Dunsparce's stats are subpar, it has good HP and decent enough defenses, and Marvel Scale allows it to capitalize upon this. Alongside access to a wide variety of status moves, Roost, and phazing with the inclusion of Dragon Tail, Dunsparce can be an annoying thorn in an opponent's side.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor
Altered Abilities: Rattled -> Marvel Scale

Justification: Mienshao is clearly a very noble fighter, and the Dragon-type has been traditionally associated with traits such as nobility and pride, as seen in other non-Dragon Pokemon who learn Dragon-type moves such as Arcanine and Lucario. Additionally, as the name suggests, Mienshao is partially based upon the disciplines of shaolin monks, adept martial artists and wise spiritual ascetics. The Shaolin Monastery itself, from which the monks and their discipline gain their names, is located in China, and China is well-known for its associations with Dragons. While it does not gain many notable Dragon-type moves, and in fact has an increased number of weaknesses now (including 4x to Fairy!), Dragon Dance allows it a Speed boost to outrun its foes, and giving it Mega Launcher instead of Reckless benefits it by giving it a large boost to two of its most powerful STAB moves; Aura Sphere and the newly-added Dragon Pulse.
New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Dual Chop, Outrage
Altered Abilities: Reckless -> Mega Launcher

Name(s): Accelgor
Justification: Much like Mienshao, Accelgor gives off an air of discipline and a sense of nobility. Also, it... You know what, no, Accelgor is a ninja, and dragon ninjas are awesome, and giving Accelgor the ability to Baton Pass Dragon Dance to things or Draco Meteor the heck out of anything that tries to Taunt it is awesome, Bug/Dragon Accelgor would be awesome, so yeah. Changing Hydration to Shed Skin means Accelgor doesn't have to rely on rain for status removal, and again, Baton Passing DDance is always nice to have around.
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor
Altered Abilities: Hydration -> Shed SKin
Mienshao already learns Dual Chop. I'll maybe replace that with like Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush. Also, it will not be possible to pass Dragon Dance boosts because of the new Clause.

Mienshao already learns Dual Chop. I'll maybe replace that with like Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush. Also, it will not be possible to pass Dragon Dance boosts because of the new Clause.
I had intended for Dual Chop to replace Double Slap as a level up move is why I placed it there, but I'll remove it and put something else in if you think I should.

I had not realized that the OU Council had made a final decision. Thank you for the heads up.

EDIT: Accelgor has been replaced with Volcarona.

Last edited:
SLATE 1 VOTING
Time for the first voting stage! This is how it works: you will PM me (don't post it in the thread please) three choices for each of the type combinations, and then give each choice 1-3 points. You have one +3, one +2, and one +1 to give for each type. This system is to minimize the impact of voting for yourself, and gives a chance to the submission that everyone thinks is good rather than just the one that a few people think is the best. Just list the submission name under the type, and give it the points in parenthesis like so:

Dragon + Bug: Yanmega (+3), Flygon (+2), Goomy/Sligoo/Goodra (+1)
Dragon + Normal: Zygarde (+3), Exploud (+2), Druddigon (+1)
Dragon + Fighting: Mega Garchomp (+3), Haxorus (+2), Scrafty (+1)

What you're actually voting for is subjective, but try to focus on things that are actually fitting first, then consider which ones a particularly cool and/or viable. My first choice in each type, is logical but also gives a niche to a Pokemon that lacks one in the OU metagame.

To minimize confusion, I've listed the valid submissions by type. Don't worry about attribution: you'll get credit if your submission actually gets chosen.

Name(s):
Yanmega
Type: Bug / Dragon
Justification: The main justification for this is that Yamnega is a gigantic ancient Dragonfly. While its design isn't inherently dragonic, it has an ancient and "mystic" vibe, not unlike a Dragon. It's fierce design aspects can also translate to being Dragonic. Finally, and maybe this is just me, but I find it has traits that resemble Haxorus - a Dragon-type. Most of the moves listed are basic STAB options a Dragon like Yanmega would learn - Dragon Claw being the only other normal Dragon STAB move not here due to Yanmega's lack of claws. Air Slash leaves, as Air Cutter does the same thing flavor-wise and it is no longer Flying-typed.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Dragon Rush
Removed Moves: Air Slash
Altered Abilities: none

Name(s): Genesect
Justification: It's over 300 million years old! And just because it was modified by Team Plasma doesn't mean it has to be part Steel. If anything the only reference to alteration is the addition of the cannon, and not everything with cannons = Steel (ask Blastoise.) Losing Steel hurts its viability imo, because now it has two ineffective STABs against Fairy, so really I'm breaking it out of Ubers. (The OP says the mod is OU-based, which I believe this will be.)
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop
Altered Abilities: N/A

Name(s): Flygon
Justification: It's solely in the Bug egg group and learns Bug Buzz by level-up as Vibrava. Its name is also cleary derived from dragonfly.
New Moves: X-Scissor
Removed Moves: Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Fire Blast

Name: Venomoth
Justification: This may be far-fetched, but a species of moth known as the 'Spotted Apatelodes' (idk how to pronounce it either) is often called the 'Dragon Moth', and personally, I think Venomoth seems like the closest match to it, due the species' baby form looking quite similar to Venonat. Venomoth's dex entries also states it has scales, which Dragons tend to have too. If you want to look up the moth species, go ahead.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Outrage
Removed Moves: Poison Fang, Venoshock, Poison Powder

Name(s):
Goomy, Sligoo, Goodra
Type: Dragon/Bug
Justification: Goodra is most likely based on French myths about dragon-snails. No, seriously. Only Goodra is a slug, and is cute and friendly, but close enough.
New Moves: Signal Beam, Bug Bite (Only Arceus is a Bug without knowing it), Sticky Web, Struggle Bug. (All fully evolved Bugs aside from Arceus know it)
Altered Abilities: None.

Name(s): Haxorus
Justification: Haxorus is quite bug-like in a few ways. Its' tusks are similar to Pinsir's horns, and its' armour is rather shell-like and is a weird buggy shade of yellow. IDK if this helps, but it gets (teh ultimate bug move) X-Scissor.
New Moves: U-turn, Bug Buzz, Fury Cutter, Struggle Bug
Removed Moves: n/a
Altered Abilities: n/a

New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Tail, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Stone Edge

Name(s):
Zygarde
Type: Dragon / Normal
Justification: Ok, so I know this is a huge stretch, but hear me out! Zygarde is the Order Pokemon, and in the PokeLore its job is to keep order and control in the world. Or in other words - it's job is to maintain balance in the world. The Normal-typing is probably the most balanced typing in the game in the sense that it resists nothing and hits nothing SE. It has one weakness and one immunity, but outside of those its basically completely neutral. The other reasons why Zygarde was chosen is because there really aren't that many other recipients. The only Normal-types in the Dragon Egg group are Swablu and the Heliolisk line who is off limits because Electric / Normal is a unique typing. The only other option that comes to mind is Dunsparce - who is much more fitting with some sort of Ground-typing. I guess Kecleon is also an option, as its like the only Normal-typed lizard but that doesn't sit too well with me, considering it goes against Kecleon's gimmick (Lets give the Pokemon who's entire gimmick is to change type a unique typing - because that makes sense). Plus, Zygarde is one of the few Pokemon that could benefit from this, as it already has ExtremeSpeed. The only move given to it is Tri-Attack for a special STAB if you really wanted that. Nothing else is changed because it doesn't make sense to change it. I guess I could give it a "lel wacky" movepool because its a Normal-type now but that seems a bit silly.
New Moves: Tri-Attack

Name(s):
Dunsparce
Type:
Normal / Dragon
Justification: 1) Lives in caves 2) Caudal shaped 3) Has "wings" 4) Land Snake species (distant cousin of the Land Shark.)
New Moves: Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Outrage
Removed Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard

Name(s): Dragonite
Type: Dragon / Normal
Justification: Dragonair is said to be able to fly without wings, suggesting that the line's flight ability is magical. Appearance-wise, it's rather plain compared to some other Dragons. Most of its non-Dragon level-up moves are Normal, plus STAB Extreme Speed.
New Moves: None
Removed Moves: Wing Attack, Hurricane

Name: Dodrio
Justification: This may seem like another stretch, but Dodrio, as many people know, is partially based on the Hydra, a draconic-like mythological creature. (Also, if Hydreigon is Dragon-type, why not Dodrio?). The removal of the Flying-type makes sense due to the fact Dodrio is grounded despite its ground immunity, and the fact not all bird Pokemon have to be Flying-type, such as Empoleon and Blaziken.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Outrage, Dragonbreath, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance
Removed Moves: Aerial Ace, Mirror Move, Sky Attack, Air Cutter

Name(s): Druddigon
Type: Dragon/Normal
Justification: It's a funky little toy dragon. It's... almost generically a Dragon. If that makes any sense.That and my preferred choice -Salamence, generic European Dragon of genericness- is all about the Flying type. :( Or I could do Kaiju Kangaskhan, but I dun wanna. So, Druddigon, who really could use the help anyway.
New Moves: Body Slam
Altered Abilities: None.

Name(s): Exploud
Justification: Exploud is pretty reptile-like in terms of looks already, and giving it a Dragon typing makes some sense.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw (TM), Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Outrage (Move Tutor, Egg Move), Draco Meteor (Move Tutor), Dragon Dance (Egg Move)
Altered Abilities: +Mold Breaker (rip Soundproof users)

Name(s): Snubull and Granbull
Justification: Lets be honest, absolutely nothing about these two say fairy type appearance wise, so its logical to bring them back to their routes as a normal type. In addition, I decided to give them a dragon type to expand on their more brutal appearance, which is shared by many dragon types. I gave them typical dragon type moves to show off their new dragon type. I also removed Dazziling Gleam and Play Rough because they lost their fairy type.
New Moves: Dual Chop, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough

Altered Abilities: Inner Focus --> Intimidate None

Name(s): Machamp
Type: Fighting / Dragon
Justification: Machamp is a Pokemon who represents power and brute force, something many dragon types show off. In addition Machamp, as everybody knows, has four arms. Because of this Machamp could be seen very similar to, and according to Bulbapedia, may even be based on, Hindu Gods, which because of their ancient mythical nature, make perfect sense to be presented by with a Dragon type. Also, Machamp is the only Pokemon who learns Dual Chop via level up and isn't a dragon type/mega evolve into a dragon type. Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor are given for flavor moves, while Dragon Rush can be used for No Guard sets and Outrage can be used for Guts sets
New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Outrage

Name(s):
Scrafty
Justification: Scraggy and Scrafty are based off reptiles that have changed their Skin, and reptiles are often associated with Dragon type in the Pokemon world. They can already learn Dragon-type moves such as Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance and they are effectively part of the Dragon egg group.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Earthquake
Removed Moves: //
Altered Abilities: //

Name(s):
Druddigon
Justification: It already learns several Fighting-type moves, including Revenge and Superpower by level-up.
New Moves: Drain Punch

Name: Haxorus
Justification: "They are kind but can be relentless when defending territory. They challenge foes with tusks that can cut steel." Facts to note here: Haxorus is a very territorial pokemon, all three of its dex entries mention it being strong enough to cut steel (but as a dragon, it normally can't), and it has an aggressive fighting stance - all these point towards a fighting type, IMO.
New Moves: +Close Combat
Removed Moves: None that I can think of other than maybe Aerial Ace.
Altered Abilities: -Unnerve, + Sheer Force (I feel that it makes sense due to its sheer spook factor, also it doesn't change much other than coverage moves). None

Name: Lucario
Type: Fighting / Dragon
Justification: The 'Dragon'-type is one of those types that are connected to the 'mythical' or 'legendary'. Thanks to Lucario's portrayal in both anime and movies, as well (according to Pokemon DB) as its name coming from the word 'orichalcum', an anicent, mythical metal, it could be classed as something like that, although not strictly. It also learns two Dragon-type moves, Dragon Pulse and Dual Chop, already.
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush
Removed Moves: Metal Sound, Iron Defense, Flash Cannon

Name(s): Nidoran Female, Nidorina, Nidoqueen
Type: Dragon/Fighting (Nidoran Female and Nidorina are pure Dragon)
Justification: A combative (RIVALRY) bunny-reptile whatsit. We're told Nidoqueen has poisonous barbs like Nidoking, but it doesn't really look it, it looks more like it has rounded Godzilla spines. So, drop the Poison angle, because it's barely there anyway, and drop the Ground angle because... well, honestly, I haven't the foggiest why the Nidoroyals suddenly gain the typing anyway.
Altered Abilities: Poison Point is replaced with Defiant.

Name(s): Mega Latios
Justification: Notably outclassed clone of Mega Latias, who's Mega Evolution makes it more use then Latios's, unless we just want to keep using Choice Scarf normal forms, making it have a different type will help it greatly, its male gender works as there has never been a female only Fighting type and there has been male ones. It also has more attack (mainly in mega evolution) then the other and more then average in Fighting types. Also for ironic-ness: It understands human speech and is highly intelligent. It is a tender Pokémon that dislikes fighting. Now When it mega evolves, it becomes so aggressive, it losses it tenderness to protect Latias and the people he loves, And Latias protect it through Mega evolving as well thanks to its bulk (A nice explanation for their stats and stuff)
New Moves: Final Gambit, Focus Blast (TM), Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Sky Uppercut, Superpower (Tutor Move), Reversal, Seismic Toss
Removed Moves: Heal Block, Heal Pulse, Telekinesis, Stored Power, Memento, Psycho Shift
Altered Abilities: Sheer Force, otherwise keep Levitate (Which seems more of a Psychic type ability)

Name(s): Marowak
Justification: Marowak already learns quite a few Fighting moves, and the skull on its head looks rather obviously to be a reptilian one.
New Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw (TM), Dragon Pulse (Move Tutor), Outrage, Draco Meteor (Move Tutor), Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Revenge, Karate Chop, Superpower (Move Tutor), Submission
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Blizzard

Name(s): Rampardos
Justification: Rampardos is based off a dinosaur, close enough to dragon amirite. And just look at it's design, it's based off a battery ram and a dinosaur, this thing is meant to get in your face and attack with a certain physical style, like fighters do. It already gets quite some dragon moves but one is a special move and the other is low priority. Rampardos also gets outrage as well as many other fighting type moves which supports this typing.
New Moves: Close combat, dragon claw, dragon dance, drain punch.
Removed Moves: Rock slide and stone edge (keeps head smash because it's a ramming pokemon)

Name(s): Mega Garchomp
Justification: This follows a similar mentality to Fighting Haxorus - it has a ferocious and strong look to it. Fighting isn't out of the question that, and most of the other good ideas were taken ;; I didn't want to straight up give this monster Close Combat, so I figured the best STAB for it would be Cross Chop, as its not too powerful and fits with its design. Finally, since it doesn't have its Ground-typing, Sand Force isn't the most sensible for it. Since the whole idea is that we're going for the ferocious / powerful flavor for its Fighting-type, Intimidate was given to it. This is also mainly here to give Garchomp more viability over normal chomp.
New Moves: Cross Chop
Altered Abilities: Sand Force --> Intimidate

Type: Dragon/Fighting (Nidoran Male and Nidorino are pure Dragon)

New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage
Altered Abilities: Reckless -> Mega Launcher None
~ Scyther isn't valid as it is not a fully evolved Pokemon
~ Dunsparce was already submitted once, and this submission is basically the same but with better reasoning
~ Volcarona is the only fully evolved Bug + Fire type and is thus invalid
~ Based on my stricter guidelines for ability changes from the OP, I disqualified some of the ability changes for being unnecessary or illogical: why does Sheer Force have more "spook factor" than Unnerve? What does that even mean? Why would Dragon Mienshao get Mega Launcher when Reckless is still associated with its Fighting type? Most of the ability changes were fine (Sand Force and Poison Point are no longer fitting), and I let the Exploud one slide because Exploud only has 2 abilities and Mold Breaker is associated with Dragons. This may seem like petty tweaking of other people's work, but as stated in the OP, ability changes are meant to be a last resort. Some of these changes were basically just "wouldn't it be cool if it got this" when the old ability was part of its identity and had no reason to be changed. As such, this is the only case where I'll step in and edit submissions.

You have one week to send in your votes, after which I will announce the three winners. The deadline is Sunday August 16th at midnight.

SLATE 2: "VALLEY OF DEFILEMENT"

The second submissions slate has started! Submit Pokemon for the three following type combinations:

Poison + Ice
Poison + Electric
Poison + Fire

Read the guidelines if you haven't already. If you somehow missed the submission template, here it is:

Name(s):
Type:
Justification:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Altered Abilities:

The deadline is one week from now: Sunday August 16th at midnight.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Name(s):
Koffing + Weezing
Type: Poison / Fire
Justification: It has access to Fire moves by default, and its design reminds me of some form of mine. Plus, its toxic gases might be hot, considering both its Fire-type moves in its movepool and the fact that it can float (Heat rises, after all. I know that's a bit shaky but go with it). Poison / Fire is an interesting type with a lot of problems, but one of those big problems is cured by Weezings ability Levitate. While it gets some new weaknesses, it also gets some nice resists - for one, this thing can basically wall Scizor now, along with some other things. The great thing about Weezing is that I basically don't need to give it any move outside of Overheat and Solar Beam (something all Fire-types get) because of how Fire correlates with its movepool already (it even has Sunny Day already, which to me makes no sense but hey Gen 1 has some weird movepools).
New Moves: Overheat, Solar Beam

EDIT: Added Koffing, as it fits the same justification

Last edited:

Name(s):
Vanilluxe
Type: Ice / Poison
Justification: I dunno, ice cream is junk food, and junk food is poison? Already learns Acid Armor anyway. To be honest, there aren't really many existing Poison or Ice types that fit the bill for a Poison / Ice type, so this is the best I could come up with.
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot
Altered Abilities: Weak Armor replaced with Poison Point.

Name(s): Eelektross
Type: Electric / Poison
Justification: The blood of eels is known to be toxic to mammals, including humans. In addition to this, its pre-evolution, Eelektris learns several Poison-type moves by level-up.
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Poison Jab, Poison Fang

Name(s): Magmortar
Type: Fire / Poison
Justification: Its level-up moves include Smog, and Clear Smog, both of which are Poison-type moves.
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot

Edit: I've swapped out Houndoom with Magmortar.

Last edited:
Name(s): Jynx(looking for picture)
Type: poison/ice
Justification: man, look at her face! shes practically purple due to how poisoned she is! shes been smokin a lot since her rby days... okay, this is a really big stretch, but literally there isn't much here to work with to begin with, first off, jynx's face is based(nowadays) off of frostbite, not really a poison per sey, but id hardly consider a skunks fumes to be poisonous either...so just work with me here. with jynx's new colouring, one could argue she looks more of a poison type then a psychic type. especially since her origin makes no sense in regards to her typing. and lastly, a jinx is a curse or a hex, which i guess psychic makes sense? but since both of those are NEGATIVE, id imagine that would be very...poisonous for our lovely lady's beautiful face. ergo, poison somewhat makes a slight shred of sense...i hope ;~; more then psychic that is... racism, stereotyping, sexism, inappropriate body figure, glorification of makup, theres just been so much bad controversy with her design, id say its very...TOXIC to our ladies figure. :D no wonder shes all purple now!
New Moves: Sludge, Sludge wave, sludge bomb, gunk shot, poison jab, Hex(solely because of her name lmfao idk why she doesnt have this to begin with)
Removed Moves: Psyshock, ill keep the other psychic moves because even though shes not a psychic type, many poisons can learn psychic, and shes still based around psychic-ish properties.
Altered Abilities: Forwarn -> Poison Heal- due to her lost psychic abilities, she is no longer able to predict, however, now due to the toxicity of her overabuse of makup and generally bad "frostbite" body, the toxicity of the world now increases her survivability rather then depletes it. no more peer pressure for this lady! shes her own independent woman!
I'll just let you know now that even though this is a cool idea and well argued, Jynx is the only fully evolved Ice + Psychic type and thus isn't an option for type reassignment. I was going to make the same post about Houndoom, but as long as Mega Houndoom stays Fire + Dark, that rule doesn't apply.

Last edited:

Name(s)
: Cloyster
Type: Poison/Ice
Justification: Everybody knows of shellfish poisoning; many people who read this may have suffered from it themselves. Many specie of shellfish are filter-feeders, and as a result accumulate toxic agents produced by the plankton and algae that they consume, making them incredibly dangerous. Clams and other bivalves in particular are often associated with this poisonous diet, and as stated right in its Pokedex entry, Cloyster is "the Bivalve Pokemon." In addition, Cloyster is naturally capable of learning the move Toxic Spikes, which as we all know is a very obnoxious entray hazard that poisons Pokemon who enter the field. It is also capable of learning Poison Jab and Toic via TM, though the latter is not unusual since the majority of Pokemon can learn it as well.
New Moves: Poison Sting, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Cross Poison, Sludge Wave
Removed Moves: Clamp, Whirlpool, Brine
Altered Abilities: Shell Armor -> Poison Point

Name(s): Eelektross
Type: Electric/Poison
Justification: Eelektross, as the name suggests, is based on various species of eel, and also takes inspiration from lampreys and leeches. While most eels are not considered venomous, recent evidence suggests that some species of moray eel might in fact be. Morays are also known to pass on the toxins of fish they eat through their bite or when they tehmselves are consumed. In addition to all of this, Eelektross learns just as many Poison-type moves as Electric-type moves, both from its pre-evolutions and in its move relearner moveset.
New Moves: Poison Fang, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Sludge Wave, Poison Tail, Venoshock, Gunk Shot, Acid Armor
Removed Moves: Bind, Headbutt

Name(s): Torkoal
Type: Fire/Poison
Justification: Torkoal is clearly based on an oven or furnace, and is always depicted as giving off clouds of smoke. According to its name, we can assume that these clouds are coal smoke, which is a very thick, choking substance that is in fact a primary source of mercury in the environment thanks to industrialization. Mercury is a highly toxic substance, and was known to drive people who absorbed too much of it insane. Torkoal also has a smattering of Poison-type moves in its movepool, most notably Smog, Clear Smog, and Sludge Bomb.
New Moves: Poison Gas, Sludge, Belch
Removed Moves: Fire Spin, Flail

(note: since Eelektross had already been suggested by the time I finished this post, I will probably end up replacing it at some point)

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I'll just let you know now that even though this is a cool idea and well argued, Jynx is the only fully evolved Ice + Psychic type and thus isn't an option for type reassignment. I was going to make the same post about Houndoom, but as long as Mega Houndoom stays Fire + Dark, that rule doesn't apply.
sadness has filled my heart.

SLATE 2: "VALLEY OF DEFILEMENT"

The second submissions slate has started! Submit Pokemon for the three following type combinations:

Poison + Ice
Poison + Electric
Poison + Fire

Read the guidelines if you haven't already. If you somehow missed the submission template, here it is:

Name(s):
Type:
Justification:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Altered Abilities:

The deadline is one week from now: Sunday August 16th at midnight.
Poison + Normal?

Name(s): Heatmor
Type: Poison/Fire
Justification: The only Fire-type that isn't in the Magmortar evolutionary line to learn Belch through breeding, a Poison-type move. It is also based on Anteaters, which in some cases have poison glands.
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Acid Spray, Clear Smog

Name(s): Nidoqueen
Type: Poison/Ice
Justification: One of the only Poison-types to learn Blizzard, Ice Punch, Ice Beam and Icy Wind, and is the only naturally Poison-type (with Nidoking) to learn Avalanche. This also makes Nidoqueen more different to Nidoking, and its coloration is also quite ice-like, being blue and white-ish.
New Moves: Icicle Crash
Removed Moves: Drill Run

Name(s): Grimer, Muk
Type: Poison/Electric
Justification: They are able to know Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch and Shock Wave, and are the only pure-Poison types that are able to. Grimer and Muk are also found in the Power Plant in Pokemon Yellow.
New Moves: Eerie Impulse, Magnet Rise, Charge Beam, Ion Deluge

Name(s): Manectric (and Mega Manectric by extension)
Type: Electric/Poison
Justification:
Manectric is partly based on Raijuu, which in some Japanese folklore is described as being able to release poisonous gases.
New Moves: Poison Gas, Poison Sting, Poison Fang, Poison Jab, Smog, Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave,

Name(s): Skuntank
Type: Poison/Fire
Justification: It already learns quite an amount of Fire-type moves, even learning Flamethrower naturally.
New Moves: Fire Fang, Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, Will-O-Wisp
Removed Moves: Memento, Dark Pulse

Last edited:
Poison + Normal?
There will be two Poison slates and two Bug slates, but I'm going to spread them out so we're not held up on one type for too long.

Also, in the case of the Manectric submission (and others like it) please specify if only the base form, the Mega or both is affected by the change. Only Mega Manectric is used in OU, so changing only the base form is a little silly.

Name(s):
Mega Camerupt
Type: Fire/Poison
Justification: Volcanic ash! Deadly fumes! Bury everyone in a cloud of fiery toxic death!
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb

Name(s): Regigigas
Type: Ice/Poison
Justification: It's a bit of a stretch, but Regigigas' first appearance in the series was in a frozen temple in the frozen north, apparently completely comfortable with temperatures sufficiently freezing that outdoors it's usually Hailing, and comfortable with such temperatures for who knows how many centuries. Meanwhile, in spite of being made of clay or something, it only has a little bit of moss -some apparently having grown out of the ground onto its feet, and two small patches on its top- growing on it, and unlike Regice and Registeel it's not indicated to be made of any unusually resilient material capable of fending plants off for thousands of years. (Regirock cheats and just picks up random stones to fix itself) So, I'm imagining it's somehow toxic.
New Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb (Kakuna and Weedle are the only Poison types that don't get it) Ice Punch, Ice Beam (Rotom-Frost is literally the only Ice type to not know Ice Beam), Blizzard. (No exceptions)

Name(s): Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z.
Type: Poison/Electric
Justification: It's inorganic, yet not Rock or Steel type. I have difficulty imagining that vectors are delicious and nutritious, even if that's a bit of a stretch of the Poison type. The Electric typing is a bit more obvious: it's a program. Plus, it learns pretty much everything Electric types normally learn anyway, like Thunder Wave.

...also Eelektross was already taken. :(
New Moves: Sludge Bomb. (See Regigigas)

EV

Banned deucer.
What if something wins 2 categories, like Dragon/Bug and Dragon/Fighting Haxorus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)