SV OU Updated version: New player, first team, etc. Any advice or glaring issues?

Armarouge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Clear Smog
Armarouge is a gimmicky mon, and is the most likely cut.
I'm not 100% sure why the moveset is what it is, and i am very open to changes.
It's supposed to be a pivot, ideally to stall a turn or something.

Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ancient Power
- Facade
- Poison Jab
- Recover
Clodsire is my main defensive mon, and is just for grindy matchups.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Protect
Cloyster is the main sweeper. I'm using cloyster's hidden ability to always hit the max times, in combination with shell smash.
Icicle spear is the main damaging move, with protect and rock blast as backups.
I usually send cloyster out when the other pokemon is frozen or paralyzed, for big shell smash combos.

Lucario @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Drain Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch
Lucario is a toolbox and setup mon. Ideally i land an ice punch + the freeze, and extreme speed serves as a finisher against super fast enemies.
Drain punch is to recover HP and as a fighting type move.
Meteor mash is more of a backup in case i need the boost or i just need the steel move.

Noivern @ Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Leech Life
- Roost
- Air Slash
This is just a generic fast sweeper, and serves as a silver bullet against bug and grass types.
It has plenty of healing for combat and slow matches.
Dragon dance i'm not sure about, but it's a good option for frozen opponents.

Rotom-Heat @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Reflect
Literally just a counter for ground attacks and steel/flying.
Not much to say, it's not usually a heavy use mon.
Overheat is suprisingly effective in combat, even with rotom's mediocre stats.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Hello there. This team does indeed have a few glaring issues but it’s not too far off.

:sv/armarouge:
To start off, manually setting weather is almost never viable. The opportunity cost of using up a turn is just too high. Here’s Smogon’s Armarouge thread, where you can see Specs and Scarf sets. To be honest, Armarouge is mostly outclassed by Chi-Yu (thread here) but it’s not impossible to make work if you play well.

:sv/clodsire:
Clodsire needs Unaware so it can deal with setup sweepers. None of your 3 attacking moves will do much damage, you could swap them for Earthquake and supporting moves like Toxic and Stealth Rock. Thread here.

:sv/cloyster:
Protect is pretty pointless here, you could have coverage like Liquidation or Tera Blast instead. If you don’t use Tera Blast you should definitely have a Tera that matches one of your attacks’ types. Thread here.

:sv/lucario:
Lucario is just not good. If you want Extreme Speed use Dragonite, if you want a Fighting-type attacker use Annihilape, Iron Valiant, Quaquaval, Slither Wing, or Great Tusk, if you want a Steel-type attacker use Gholdengo. Look in the Uncharted Territory subforum for their threads.

:sv/noivern:
This is a worse Dragonite. Other Dragon Dancing alternatives include Roaring Moon and Baxcalibur.

:sv/rotom-heat:
Pretty good set. Maybe use Pain Split or Will-O-Wisp instead of Reflect. Thread here.

You lack a hazard remover so my recommendation for Lucario’s replacement is Rapid Spin Great Tusk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)