Uses of Accuracy-Lowering Moves?

Well, seeing as the second Smogon Wi-Fi tourney allows accuracy-lowering moves, why not take advantage of it?

The following are support accuracy moves:

Flash
Sand-Attack
Kinesis
Smokescreen

I'd advise not using these as they just take up a slot

The following are Physical attacks with accuracy as a side-effect:

None

The following are Special attacks with accuracy as a side-effect:

Mirror Shot
Mud Bomb
Mud-Slap
Muddy Water
Octazooka

Not much to work with, but maybe a set could be made from Muddy Water? It is just like Surf, only slightly inaccurate, but we can fix that thanks to Wide Lens =D

Swamper@Wide Lens
Sassy ?/?/? <-- Don't know about here
Muddy Water
Curse
Earthquake
Hammer Arm

Muddy Water to decrease accuracy. Opponent will likely switch, so set up and sweep =D otherwise, keep using Muddy Water till they do.

Who would switch just because their accuracy was lowered one level by a Muddy Water (who has only 30% chance of lowering accuracy, btw)?

Swampert is better off holding a useful item instead of having a 30% chance to lower the opponent's accuracy.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only Pokemon that bothers with these is Ninjask, who uses Sand Attack to stall for Substitutes. Otherwise, the only real purpose is to force switches - which, granted, with Spikes and Stealth Rock, isn't a bad idea - but more often than not, it's going to be a supreme waste of time.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Accuracy lowering moves are always allowed. So this isn't anything new for the tournament like Double Team was.

I've had decent luck with flash on certain damage sponge pokes. Generally if I have no idea what they are going to throw at me, and assuming it is something that counter my poke (thus forcing a switch from me), hitting them with a flash is a pretty good option. That said, it is basically a poor mans confuse ray in that situation.

So let me get this straight, moves like double team and minimize are banned, but moves such as sand attack and the like are allowed?

During my run at the Battle Factory, I took delight in using Fearow's Sand Attack whenever possible. I remember some Pokemon was doing Defense Curl and I knew he was going to try to mow me down with Rollout, but I got out alive because he kept missing.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Shuckle may be able to make good use of Mud-Slap since he's not doing much damage anyway. It's also something it can do if it gets taunted. It can also help force switches with both Mud-Slap and Encore for stealth rock.

Maybe something like this:

Shuckle w/Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy

- Encore
- Mud-Slap/Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Really depends on whether you want to knock off the opponents item or try to force switches for stealth rock by hurling mud in their face.

Mud-slap is also good for electric vs. electric teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)