Other Metagames UU Team from ORAS to SM

This is the team I'm currently using in AS and want to update it for SM.

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt

Crobat is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon and my stallbreaker. The idea of Taunt/Toxic/Infiltrator is a great combination imo. Being able to stop long stalls, poison walls, and ignore substitutes with Brave Bird are all fantastic. And when you take too much recoil damage, roost is always there.

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Step one of my Sweeper Team. Protect is there to get in at least one Speed Boost before you mega-evolve. Crunch and Waterfall are his main two STAB moves and I love using Ice Fang for coverage against Dragon and Grass types that think they can switch in and handle him. I might consider using Psychic Fangs instead but I'm not sure if the coverage is needed compared to Ice Fang. Conkeldurr and Lucario definitely give my team trouble, especially the main man Snorlax.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

Entei was my go-to Fire Pokemon for AS but I think I can make an easy replacement with Arcanine. Flare Blitz is the obvious go-to STAB move and Wild Charge is another fantastic coverage for Water types that try to switch in against him. Extremespeed gives you that Priority for revenge killing and Morning Sun is there to help you manage all the damage you'll be taking from Life Orb/recoil damage.

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Cloyster is my all-time favorite competitive Pokemon and Skill Link is definitely the reason why. I considered switching to Minior but I'm not sure if he's going to be considered UU. Shell Smash is the same for both Pokemon but I like the idea of Skill Link letting you break Substitutes and also Mimikyu with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Snorlax is pretty straightforward and steals end games all by his lonesome as long as there aren't any pesky ghost types lingering around. Curse gives him the boost and Return gives him all the kill power. Combined with Rest and Sleep Talk in addition to his monster Def/Sp Def, Snorlax isn't going anywhere soon and if he does go, he took quite a few Pokemon with him swinging.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Missing Swampert/Empoleon is really where I need help. I have no idea who to use as this kind of Pokemon and the main reason for this post. I love the idea of opening with Swampert and Stealth Rock. He's super bulky and will take hits and his Scald/Earthquake hit like a truck too. Roar is also great to stop people from setting up and getting those hits with Stealth Rock. I've switched between him and Empoleon with Stealth Rock/Scald/Roar/Ice Beam again and again and I think I like Swampert more because of the Electric immunity. But who should I replace him with in SM?

Losing Empoleon is really heartbreaking and want a nice bulky Stealth Rock lead still. I would like to use some of the new Sun and Moon Pokemon but am too attached to my old mons. I really want to keep Cloyster, Mega Sharpedo, and Snorlax as potential sweepers. Looking to help fill the holes and thought about replacing Arcanine with Salazzle and Empoleon with Necrozma but not sure about them at all.

I also struggle with Fighting Types like Conkeldurr and Lucario that absolutely devastate Cloyster/Sharpedo/Snorlax and think I need to replace one for something that checks fighting types besides just Crobat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)