UUnderwhelmed [UU RMT]

This team was originally made to just use the fastest pokemon in UU metagame and see how it turned out. Electrode, Spectile, etc. It evolved overtime into the team before you today. I guess this could be considered a hyper-offense team as it mostly based around priority (and to a lesser extent than was originally planned) speed. Ghosts and Miltoic are the bane of this team however. Milotic less so than Ghosts as Ambipom and Golduck are usually more than capable of taking care of Milotic. I have tried taking out Arcanine for Houndoom but for whatever reason it didn't pan out the way I thought it would and I went on a losing streak. Well thats enough from me, lets move on to the team shall we?

At a glance:

Torterra (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 20 HP/252 Atk/236 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
---
I'll admit I saw this lead in the Smog and figured I might as well try it. I have tried Claydol, Cloyster, Steelix, and many of other pokemon as leads and none of them really did the trick. Torterra has been able to consistently get off Stealth Rock and then come back mid to late game. The Choice Scarf gives it enough speed to be a serious threat and helps me with Milotic who has become the archenemy of this team. These three attacks give Torterra fantastic coverage. Finally it also serves as bait for fire attacks which Arcanine more than happily switches into.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP/152 Atk/236 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
---
Speak of the devil. This is your basic Arcanine: Flare Blitz cuts through much of the metagame with Extremespeed to pick off any injured pokes. Morning sun heals up any damage from Flare Blitz and toxic can help break walls as well as other Arcanine. I use adamant over jolly as one of its two attacks has priority making the attack boost, I feel, more useful than a speed boost. As long as sleep powder doesn't get to it this guy is more than capable of taking out common grass pokemon such as Venasaur.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
---
Scyther hates stealth rock and I like Scyther therefore a rapid spinner is needed. Sandslash (my favorite pokemon) was used on this team for a long time. But it was only truly useful when people underestimated him as a SD Earthquake or Night Slash could be a forced to be reckoned with. Yet as a rapid spinner he was lackluster so I moved toward Hitmontop. I decided against the traditional rapid spin set up in favor of something more fitting to my teams theme mentioned above. This guy is still more than capable of getting rapid spin off and Fake Out/Mach Punch is able to clean up many a team.

Golduck (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Encore
---
Rain dance is evil. I figured since RD teams were all the rage when I made this team Golduck would be a welcomed addition. It tears through Sunny Day teams even more efficiently than RD teams and is also able to take on walls with encore. Expert Belt is used as it often takes on Venasaur and Milotic and the added damage is welcomed. This guy is probably the most versatile member of team as it really isn't locked to any job. Despite being NU Golduck has proven his worth to me time and time again.

Scyther (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Quick Attack
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit
---
I usually hate Scyther. It is guilty of association with Scizor and got an evolution when Pinsir didn't. Yes I am still bitter about that 3 generations later. All that aside Aerial Ace with its amazing speed, power, and choice band is just too good to pass up on. With Stealth Rocks off the field Scyther is free to rain down death and horror on all. Bug Bite was chosen over U-turn as Scyther usually takes down 2 to 3 pokemon during a sweep (which U-turn would hinder) and scouting is too dangerous for Scyther due to stealth rocks also hitmontop and ambipom due it much better. Pursuit is for ghosts or pokemon I feel run in fear of Scyther.

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Return
- U-turn
---
I enjoy fake out doing massive amounts of damage. This guy is usually my scout but can easily take out a poke or two with fake out and return crushing anything slower than it that isn't resistant. Taunt is there to take care of walls and U-turn helps with grass pokemon and of course is useful for making a quick get away. Spirtbomb is the only thing that completely stop Ambipom as its pursuit usually KOs if I U-turn away.

I like your team a lot, but just on a glance it seems you have a weakness to Swellow. Swellow has flying STAB on three of your team members, and none resist Facade or Brave Bird. It can do some serious damage to anything you throw out, and it can Protect through Fake Out. Just food for thought. I'm not particularly savvy to RMT yet, considering I'm new to the meta game.

Your Hitmontop is pretty poor at spinning since it has no way of harming ghosts. I would change it to the Foresight spinner set. If you really want to maintain an offensive spinner, use Hitmonlee. A LO set with Close Combat, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, and Rapid Spin can be potent, if a bit frail. It also gives you a free switch in to Thunder Wave, a move which cripples most of your team.

The problem with running Ambipom and Scyther as your dynamic duo is that they are both walled by Rhyperior, Registeel, and even Aggron. If you are adamant about keeping Bug Bite instead of U-Turn on Scyther, I would switch either Quick Attack or Pursuit for Brick Break, since those moves don't help you sweep anyway (which is why you wanted Bug Bite). If you don't want to do that, I'd switch Taunt for Low Kick on Ambipom, so that Hitmontop isn't your only answer to the aforementioned walls. Without a fighting move on Ambipom or Scyther, an opponent can freely switch between Rhyperior, a ghost, and a special defender to completely wall your team, especially since you have no stat uppers to eventually break through.

Thank you for your comments. I've decided to give Azriel's hitmonlee set a go and I put Brick Break on Scyther. This however was done more for Aggron, Registeel, and Steelix as Bug Bite does more to Rhyperior than Brick break. I'll update my main post sometime today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)