VGC VGC 2015 - First Trick Room Team

This is my first try on a vgc trick room team. I have at least battled a lot of doubles before, but would like some rating for it. Audino sets up trick room, while talonflame is still free to attacks because of priority. Gastrodon and Slowbro can also do some great teamwork. During testing the team, I've often found problems with Mega Charizard Y, and would like to know how to improve its tolerance for it.

Conkeldurr_XY.gif
talonflame.gif
MSlowbro_ORAS.gif
Gastrodon-E_XY.gif
Ferrothorn_XY.gif
531.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave
EVS: 20 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Wide Guard
Rock Slide

Conkeldurr becomes a fast sweeper inside of trick room and can still hit quickly with mach punch if the trick room disappears. Drain Punch is mainly for recovery and for dealing massive amounts of damage. Wide Guard can stop opponents from using moves like Heat Wave on Ferrothorn, or Rock Slide on Talonflame. Rock Slide is used for coverage and flinching potential.

tumblr_mbmx44B8t91qczibyo1_500.gif

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-turn
Quick Guard

Talonflame is the big backup of the team if trick room would fail. It has great speed and can sweep the last remaining pokemon if needed. While trick room is active however, Brave Bird still gets priority and has great usage. Quick Guard is mainly used to kill off any fake out Kangaskhan. Talonflame is also a great choice if Audino doesn't make it into a battle. Should often be used as a lead, due to the ability to U-turn out when trick room gets set up.

tumblr_npazj93wcl1s7cyfgo1_500.gif

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Relaxed
EVS: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Mind
Surf
Fire Blast
Slack Off

Slowbro is the primary bulk of the team. It can use it's Calm Mind to set up higher defenses while also gaining offensive potential. Slack Off is for recovery. It lacks any psychic moves because it needed the fire-type coverage and didn't have enough moveslots. Surf is chosen over Scald for a little more damage, and to activate Gastrodons Storm Drain.

xbaa07.gif

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Quiet
EVS: 180 HP / 108 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Earth Power
Scald
Ice Beam
Recover

Gastrodon is the primary offense of the team. With expert belt and the movepool it gains wonderful coverage. It can get a large boost to it's offensive potential when paired with slowbro's surf.

k1zbyo.gif

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Brave
EVS: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Gyro Ball
Seed Bomb
Curse
Protect

Because of ferrothorn being bulky and having two common weaknesses, Fire and Fight, it becomes a big target for both opponents attacking at the same time. Protect can easily grant a free turn for the partner. The Curse can set up defenses and offenses at the same time, much like Slowbro. Gyro Balls still counts the speed stat, so it ignores the trick room, and can deal tons of damage. Lum Berry is to save it from burns.

tumblr_mg5hsameAB1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Healer
Nature: Relaxed
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Trick Room
Simple Beam
Protect
Knock Off

Simple Beam is a "simple" move that I think deserves more attention. It can be used on Slowbro and Ferrothorn to make their stats go sky high. Audino is the one to set up Trick Room, and it can also stall out with protect, or remove items with knock off. It is the support of the team. Healer can help out other pokemon on the team.

tumblr_m985kzeiy21r76bvyo1_500.gif

Last edited:
May I suggest using Beheeyem instead of Audino? They both learn Simple Beam and Trick Room, and while Beheeyem has lower defense and hp, it has higher Special Defense, and is no slouch offensively. It can either avoid Slowbro's surf with telepathy or hit harder on the switch with Analyctic. Also, why run Seed Bomb over Power Whip on Ferrothorn?

May I suggest using Beheeyem instead of Audino? They both learn Simple Beam and Trick Room, and while Beheeyem has lower defense and hp, it has higher Special Defense, and is no slouch offensively. It can either avoid Slowbro's surf with telepathy or hit harder on the switch with Analyctic. Also, why run Seed Bomb over Power Whip on Ferrothorn?
Beheeyem is a wonderful idea, but it's not exactly the pokemon you remember from the top of your head xD Will definately try it! I use seed bomb because I have so many times been messed up by missing something like an overheat or draco meteor, I prefer accuraccy over power. I will consider it though.

Also, seeing as how you plan to have multiple mons using set-up moves, another Trick Room user wouldn't be bad. Maybe remove Fire Blast on Mega Slowbro for it?
You already have the fire coverage on Talonflame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)