Resource VGC: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is Rock Head Alolan Marowak viable? I really don't like recoil damage from Flare Blitz..
As much as the recoil can suck, Lightning Rod is definitely the better option. Lightning Rod is what makes Alolan Marowak even worth using, because otherwise it's just a slow, fairly frail attacker, which is essentially worthless in a doubles format. There are much better Trick Room attackers and physical Fire types out there, though few quite as strong as it, but without Lightning Rod, its weaknesses entirely overwhelm its strengths.

As much as the recoil can suck, Lightning Rod is definitely the better option. Lightning Rod is what makes Alolan Marowak even worth using, because otherwise it's just a slow, fairly frail attacker, which is essentially worthless in a doubles format. There are much better Trick Room attackers and physical Fire types out there, though few quite as strong as it, but without Lightning Rod, its weaknesses entirely overwhelm its strengths.
Alright, cool! Thanks!

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What are Play! Points for?
Play points are awarded for attending events and are essentially participation points. In the past there were certain tournaments that had a Play points requirement to attend, but as far as I am aware, there are no tournaments anymore that require a certain number of Play points to attend.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What are Play! Points for?
Play points are awarded for attending events and are essentially participation points. In the past there were certain tournaments that had a Play points requirement to attend, but as far as I am aware, there are no tournaments anymore that require a certain number of Play points to attend.
The Worlds Pokemon Championship is the only tournament that requires a set amount of Play points to enter.

If you accumulate a high amount of Play Points relative to your region (North America, South America, Europe, and Oceania) in the Sun, Moon, and/or Ultra series, you can also earn travel invites (partially paid trips, or fully paid if close by) to International tournaments and World tournaments

EDIT: Celestavian is right.

Last edited:

Celestavian

Smooth
I believe you have Play points confused with Championship points. Championship points are awarded for placing high at events and that is what determines who earns an invite to the world championships, with the top players of each region getting travel awards to Worlds.

Idk ig this was asked already, but are the regionals nationals and worlds going to be under the ultra series? I'm still confused on how its gonna play out.

Hi! How many IVs in Spe are better for this set? 0 or 31?

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick Room
- Protect

Celestavian

Smooth
Drain Punch or Low Kick on Toxicroak?
I would say Low Kick is better, since the extra recovery from Drain Punch is highly unlikely to be enough to keep a frail Pokemon like Toxicroak alive for very long. You're better off dealing as much damage as you can before Toxicroak gets knocked out.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm having trouble dealing with Dialga and Amoonguss.
What are the common counters?

Currently, I'm trying to use Kyogre to chip away Dialga's health, but it doesn't look very good to me.
Amoonguss is usually taken care of by Tapu Lele, but I don't bring it if I see Dialga.

I'm having trouble dealing with Dialga and Amoonguss.
What are the common counters?

Currently, I'm trying to use Kyogre to chip away Dialga's health, but it doesn't look very good to me.
Amoonguss is usually taken care of by Tapu Lele, but I don't bring it if I see Dialga.
groudon threatens both, even the mushroom wont take a non-stab fire punch well in the sun.

So now that we've had SUMO and USUM for a while, most of the training and breeding techniques have become fairly standardized I'm sure.

That being said, what's the best/quickest way to level up to get mon's ready for VGC? I have two days to prep for a Midseason Showdown and need to get myself some mons. Short of some miracle where someone is giving away battle ready mons including legendaries, I'm going to have to do a lot of grading over the next two days. :/ lol

Also, I should note I have no cool Festival Plaza booth's set up and realistically won't be able to grind to get the good houses quickly.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So now that we've had SUMO and USUM for a while, most of the training and breeding techniques have become fairly standardized I'm sure.

That being said, what's the best/quickest way to level up to get mon's ready for VGC? I have two days to prep for a Midseason Showdown and need to get myself some mons. Short of some miracle where someone is giving away battle ready mons including legendaries, I'm going to have to do a lot of grading over the next two days. :/ lol

Also, I should note I have no cool Festival Plaza booth's set up and realistically won't be able to grind to get the good houses quickly.
Chansey SOS chain on Poni Island. They sometimes call Blissey as well.
If you can bring some thief users, you can get some lucky eggs from Blissey. Also don't forget to use the rotom bonus exp+

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
I've just noticed Ditto got ranked on the VR, particularly high too (B-)
Can someone tell me its niche and probably at which games it got to put work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)