Project VGC Next Best Thing - Week 8 (won by Helios of sun)

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It took a lot of time to decide on another mon for NBT, but in the end i came up with a cool one that i'm using much in this period. However, before I show the next mon let's see who won last week.
The winner of NBT week 7 is Evelyie with her Scary Face set!
Now... maybe it's time to reveal our week 8 mon...
Greet the mighty Melon Queen Tsareena!
Tsareena.full.2045903.jpg

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
------------------------------
Tsareena @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Taunt
- Helping Hand
- U-turn

You have until September 16 23:59 gmt+2 to submit your set, Enjoy!

:ss/Tsareena:
Tsareena (F) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Triple Axel

Is this gimmicky? Probably but could you make someone mald with the combination of the custap pinch berry and endeavor? Probably. imagine putting a Rillaboom into range of Kyogre with this combination.

Last edited:
Tsareena (F) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 132 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Synthesis
- Sunny Day
- U-turn

You guys know I love Tsareena, and so, I already messed up with alot of sets and I have plenty of ideas, but one that caught my eye was a Synthesis set, I got inspired from the hype of Groudon and Tsareena, and Umbreon on S8. Synthesis is boosted from Groudon's Drought, and it also can set by itself in case it's against Kyogre teams or Pelipper / Politoed. Power Whip is its main STAB and U-turn of course, for positioning. The spread allows Tsareena to survive Tornadus's Hurricane.

ArnavChawla

formerly Hexer003
Tsareena (F) @ Muscle Band
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Power Whip
- Play Rough
- U-turn

This tsareena is somewhat trick room oriented and with muscle band as the item and a strong STAB like power whip , it is helpful in dealing a good amount of damage to prevalent water type pokemon like kyogre.It also has moves like triple axle and play rough for ice and fairy type coverage and has u-turn as the pivot move.

Tsareena (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Atk / 188 Def / 68 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Trop Kick
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Helping Hand

I made this set surprisingly fast and I think this set can work in the current metagame due to Zacian-Crowned having high attack and more pokemon, I won't state in this post.+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 228 HP / 188+ Def Tsareena: 120-142 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. I optimized the set for grassy terrain. Taunt stops shenanigans such as Spore and Parting Shot. Helping Hand supports the main attackers of the team that can be Zacian-Crowned or Kyogre. Trop Kick is a great method to do damage while lowering attack and U-Turn is for pivoting.

Tsareena (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide

One of the newest sets I've seen popping up is a Band Tsareena set, which fits especially well on teams such as Kyogre. Max Speed means that you outspeed most Rillabooms in the format without Tailwind boosts and you are thus able to use Triple Axel on it first, which is a OHKO. Power Whip, though inaccurate, along with Grassy Glide form a powerful STAB move duo with complements Tsareena well, while U-Turn is a great move in general for pivots.

Yeah it's finally back ! time to make another piece of shit !

1631743661044.png1631743405960.png1631743461428.pngYeet the Pikachu Ball ! (YTPB)1631743461428.png1631743405960.png1631743661044.png
1631743417816.png

Tsareena (F) @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 68 Def / 92 SpD / 76 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect / High Jump Kick / Triple Axel
- Power Whip
- Fling
- Taunt / U-turn / Helping Hand

This set is so fun ! Speed Control on (T)sareena is epic and makes it so good as a support for kyogre. You can Paralyze everything which is really frustrating for your opponents to deal with, on top of that Kyogre can now freely run Mystic Water Wave Incense Sea Incense. Lets Look at some Calcs.

24 Atk Tsareena Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 176-210 (100.5 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Calyrex-Shadow Astral Barrage vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Tsareena: 109-130 (60.8 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
24 Atk Light Ball Tsareena Fling (30 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 68-80 (38.8 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO ( This staked with life orb + power whip kills Calyrex Shadow)

Finally Evs in Def and Speed are to outspeed Calyrex-shadow after para and live Cb adamant rilla's U-turn.

ENJOY ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)