Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
Groudon + Zapdos

This team aims to capitalise off of the synergy between Groudon and Weather Ball Zapdos. It has two modes of Speed control, namely the Tailwind and primarily the Trick Room mode, set up by Mandibuzz and Dusclops, respectively.

:white herb:
Groudon with the White Herb can reset any drops from Intimidate and hit hard with its high base 150 Attack and strong 120 BP STAB spread move in Precipice Blades. Since it is a very heavy Pokemon, Groudon can also use Heat Crash and effectively gain STAB on it thanks to sun and hit every neutral target Pokemon for a large amount of damage. Rock Tomb is used on this set over something like Substitute to apply additional offensive pressure on Ho-Oh and also for Speed control.

:safety goggles:
Zapdos synergises nearly perfectly with Groudon once you give it Weather Ball. It is capable of denting Rillaboom and walking it, walling Kyogre in sun and hitting it hard in return with Thunderbolt and ruining Zacian-C and Urshifu-R's day with potential paralysis in addition to taking almost no damage from them. The Safety Goggles allows it to ignore Amoonguss completely and hit the desired targets since it ignores Rage Powder and it can't be Spored for the same reason. Roost helps its longevity.

:eviolite:
Dusclops is the Trick Room setter of this team and supports Groudon out with its middling Speed as such. Its Haze allows it to reset boosted Xerneas making it less threatening and Pain Split is a reliable recovery move. Night Shade is used for consistent chip damage on targets like Incineroar and Rillaboom.

:sitrus berry:
Incineroar is the primary defensive glue to this team providing Fake Out support and bulky pivoting with Parting Shot. Flare Blitz hits noticeably hard in the sun. Throat Chop is used for Calyrex-S and to block sound moves like Snarl and Parting Shot from opposing Incineroar. Incineroar also easens the Calyrex-I matchup which this team struggles against.

:assault vest:
Rillaboom is the secondary Fake Out + bulky pivoting Pokemon on this team. This one, however, is more offensive in nature than most Rillaboom right now. This is so that it can hit a member of the opposing Hoenn duo hard. The 20 Speed EVs help it outspeed the more common variants of Rillaboom and get a Fake Out off before them. This set has Drum Beating over Wood Hammer to preserve Rillaboom's bulk and also for even more Speed control.

:grassy seed:
Mandibuzz is a Pokemon which easily handles the incredibly common Calyrex-S and with the Defense boost from Grassy Seed, Mienshao as well. It can reliably set Tailwind while also having Foul Play which does a lot of damage to most restricted Pokemon because of their high Attack stats. Snarl lowers the Special Attack of crucial targets like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. Roost is reliable recovery on this bulky Pokemon.​

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/ad7ff245a95a7140

The idea of this team was to have mons that could function individually but also work phenomenally together. I was originally playing around w mons including utility Thunderus and zapdos, however after experimentation decided they were not the greatest fit for my team. Whilst zapdos seems to be a popular pick, running it on a sun team would have forced me to run thunderbolt and weather ball as offense, something I wasn't entirely confident with. After multiple adjustments I was able to put together this team which I believe works well. I haven't played all that much but it so far sits at around 1500 on ladder. Retrospectively, this team is definitely hyper offense. Almost all mons are partially bulky to ensure they achieve what they need to (and survive specific hits). 3 out of the 6 mons have the ability to easily pivot allowing for the easy set up of sun and pressure both in and out of trick room. Each mon on this team apart from cresselia has the capability to do extreme damage.

GROUDON

Probably the most straightforward. Full investment in hp/attack to utilise tr and still be able to deal significant damage under an intimidate. I opted for swords dance as it can be an effective way to punish the opponent. Life orb is to maximise damage output. Under trick room, even with one intimidate, groudon can sweep the floor with most other restricteds or meta teams.

ENTEI

Definitely one of the best mons on the team and comes to most games. Entei is a bulky fire type with a respectable 115Atk but its real selling point is inner focus and sacred fire with its 50% burn rate. Whilst the choice band is not the most conventional item choice, with the scarf variant being popularised thanks to wolfe, I found that under sun choice band sacred fire can KO or deal insane damage to every mon. Paired with its great bulk, this makes for a dangerous threat. If I remember correctly this thing can 2HKO even an incineroar with sacred fire. I originally had crunch to deal with Caly-S over stone edge however I found stone edge to be better at dealing with meta teams. Its also not fully EV'd for attack with some bulk investment for survivability and pivoting. Absolute zacian counter. As tsareena can be very annoying for this team being able to OHKO it immediately is super nice.

CRESSELIA

Such a diverse mon. Has a range of utility moves but decided to stick with ice beam for landorus, rillaboom, opposing groudon ect..
Great ability, being able to potentially switch into earthquakes or earth powers directed at mons such as incineroar and entei. With both mental herb and cresselias amazing bulk, you can ensure a trick room going up. Speaking of its bulk, with moonlight cresselia can stay relevant throughout the game, chipping away opponents for decent damage that usually makes all the difference. Mental herb is niche but protects from taunt and the occasional whimsicott encore. Full bulk investment, very versatile. Trick room has been a great counter against fast mons such as scarf ogre, Caly-S, Xerneas and zacian.

INCINEROAR

Almost a given in the current meta. Average moveset of fake out, snarl, parting shot and flare blitz. Some attack investment meaning flare blitz does great damage under sun a definite surprise factor that wins games. EV'd to survive full Atk meinshao close combat. One of the teams counters to caly-S. Basically incineroar doing incineroar things. 4Spe EV to outspeed opposing incin.

RILLABOOM

Maybe its just been considered worse than wood hammer but solar blade rillaboom can do ridiculous damage. A necessity to deal with mons like kyogre. Also really nice as a second fake out user and pivot hence the bulk, av and u-turn/fake out. Very good late game to revenge kill and pressure opposing mons. An example of my choice to limit my team to "only good mons". Great type synthesis.

URSHIFU-SINGLE STRIKE

There's a reason urshifu has been gaining popularity recently. That reason is for its ability to completely ignore protect, an invaluable resource on any team especially in the series 10 meta. Rapid strike has been more popular however doesn't particularly fit on a sun team. As fairy is not nearly as common (bar xerneas {iron head}) I believe Urshifu is a great pick. With choice scarf it is able to outspeed almost everything and acts as a hard counter to many pivots or protects with unseen fist/wicked blow. It easily outspeeds caly-S and is great against other restricteds who may want to protect and pivot. I was searching for a while to find a mon that disallows the slow play of the opposition (a clear way to ignore hyper offense). Urshifu really forces the opponent to play fast and offensively, the type of play this team is built specifically to outcompete. great as a late game sweeper or early pivot to set up sun.

:Groudon: :Entei: :Moltres-Galar: :Regieleki: :Rillaboom: :Charizard:
https://pokepast.es/bea94f9309a6044b

The main idea of this team is to take full advantage of the sun.
So Groudon is our sun setter, oh and no need to explain what he is doing there!
Then we have Entei with a Choice Band, he's there to do maximum damage and he's exactly the right one because he ignores Intimidate and can't be flinched by his skill, which makes him indispensable in this offensive setup. To help against the Calyrex-Shadow / Psyspam matchup, I preferred to include Moltres-Galar which in addition with Snarl handicaps all special offensive threats. (and here I think also matchup rain)
Talking about matchup rain, I put the core Regieleki/Rillaboom which counter it very well and support our sun abusers very well against the recurrent threats of the metagame.
And finally, Charizard, the centerpiece of the team, with a Choice Scarf and his Solar Power talent that will take his special attack up a notch, he is there to surprise with his speed and even to make a huge hole in the opponent's team with Blast Burn, allowing to get out of very complicated situations and especially in endgame.

(Sorry for the very short description, there is not always much to say when presenting an offense.)
(Mb, it s Hurricane Moltres instead of Protect)

Last edited:
:Groudon: :Spectrier: :Weavile: :Entei: :Whimsicott: :Zapdos:

Lets just dive into the team
:Groudon:
First off we have the mon of the week, Groudon. I opted for the white herb sub set on groudon because once don is behind a sub its not worried about incin switching in and lowing its attack, and even if its attack is lowered it'll just be brought back up with the white herb. Its solid ground typing means it only has 3 weaknesses which are covered very well by its teamates. Groudon also sets up the sun for entei to do big damage and change zapdos weather ball to fire type.

:spectrier: :weavile:
these 2 are obviously the main draw of the team being mons you don't see very often, scarf spectrier is a actually pretty good, needing little speed investment to outspeed regieleki. It also has tailwhip so i could lead spectrier+groudon and get a defense drop on both opponents and if I manage to hit pblades i"m doing tons of damage. Now onto the Weavile, Weavile is mainly here for fake out support and beating landorus, most sun teams generally struggle against any form of landorus, weavile makes quick work of both forms with its 4x super effective ice type attacks. Not to mention its half dark type so it cant be effected by prankster and has a favorable mu into calyrex shadow.

:entei:
Most Entei you see on sun teams are scarf, however I like protect on my Entei, and with tailwind support I didnt see much need for scarf. Enteis pure fire typing is just great to have and is boosted by the sun Groudon sets up. Rising in popularity Entei has become one of my favorite mons to add to any build.

:whimsicott: :zapdos:
The whimsicott is pretty standard but you might notice the misty terrain, misty terrain allows groudon to avoid grassy glides from rillaboom and launch back with a powerul heat crash, along with protecting groudon from status condistions. Zapdos is a mon whos picked up some popularity as of late as it fits really good on sun teams and just hard walls amoongus with safety goggles. Zapdos gives us another offensive option with stab tbolts and sun boosted weatherballs.

Hope you enjoy the team!

Congratulations to Gfazzo for taking the W on this week!
Shoutouts to jrmun for coming in super close on it! We had really cool teams this week, I'm super happy with y'all!

Anyway...
images.jpeg.jpg

Your week 10 Pokémon is Kyogre! You have untill Thursday, 16th of September 23:59 GMT-3 to submit your teams!

evelyn's tip: there are many teams with trick room kyogre! worth experimenting :) :kyogre:

:Kyogre: :Regidrago: :Stakataka: :Zapdos: :Incineroar: :Rillaboom:I built this a while ago with some friends and changed it a bit.

:Kyogre: :Mystic water: Mystic Water>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wave Incense and Sea Incense. Not much to explain here.

:Regidrago: :Dragon Fang: The main idea of Regidrago on Kyogre teams is using it as a way of dealing with Palkia and Eternatus which if you position it well it can do that and its sheer offensive presence can destroy unprepared teams. Substitute is to try and absorb Spore from Amoonguss. Special defense investment is chosen to maybe take a hit from Calyrex-S or Kyogre better.

:Stakataka: :Safety Goggles: Given that this team has Regidrago and Kyogre a strong Xerneas answer is needed and that answer is Stakataka, Stakataka can provide Trick Room for Kyogre and Regidrago. The teams Fake Out users can help Stakataka to set up Trick Room.

:Rillaboom: :Assault Vest: Rillaboom is here to answer opposing Water-types mainly Kyogre as this team otherwise struggles to deal with it.

:Zapdos: :Rocky Helmet: Zapdos can help deal with stuff like Amoonguss, Rillaboom, Urshifu-R, and Zacian-c to an extent importantly giving the team a non Rillaboom Pokemon to thwart Water-types. Rocky Helmet is used as Stakataka already has Safety Goggles

:Incineroar: :Chople Berry: Incineroar is Incineroar, it provides a valuable Intimidate to try and handle Zacian-c. Incineroar is also decent into Calyrex-S teams and to try and answer these teams best it has a Chople Berry for Mienshao.

Last edited:
My main idea when playing Kyogre is pretty much having a more bulky team, that can play the pivoting game induced by teams with Xerneas and Zacian-C most of the times. Here's the team:

1631212734048.png
1631212147543.png
1631214386504.png

Kyogre @ Wave Incense
Ability: Drizzle

Level: 50
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Thunder

- Protect
Pretty standard set. I prefer Modest over Timid to get more consistent K.O's on Zacian-C. Everybody knows that Wave Incense is the best Water-type item. Outspeeds Regieleki in Tailwind
1631214357506.png

1631212888052.png
1631212874638.png
Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind
- Protect / Hurricane

- Trick Room
The reason I am running Whimsicott over Tornadus is because Whimsi gives me Trick Room and helps with the Groudon matchup in Grass Knot. The spreads outspeeds Tornadus.
1631212999545.png
1631213082215.png

Rillaboom @ Rose Incense
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Fake Out

- U-turn
I like speedy Rillaboom alot. Pretty much standard set else the spread, I also don't run Protect even with the Rose Incense. Wood Hammer Knock Off to help me a little bit more in the TornOgre mirror
1631213300663.png
1631213290118.png
Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Taunt

- Triple Axel
This has been one of my favorite Tsareena set so far. It has good damage output while supporting the team well with Taunt and of course, Queenly Majesty. The Speed allows it to outspeed Calyrex-S in Tailwind.
1631214451621.png

1631213444006.png
1631213435528.png
Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Snarl / Throat Chop
- Parting Shot

- Fake Out
Incineroar
1631213598807.png
1631213581603.png
Luxray @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Snarl

- Ice Fang
As I said earlier, I prefer more bulky Kyogre teams. And Regieleki didn't offer me that, it was frail, and too fast meaning my Volt Switch weren't much safe. Zapdos was a cool choice, but with Play Rough Zacian-C getting more common it could be broken more easily. So I chose Luxray. Luxray offers me a slow pivot in Volt Switch, Intimidate support, turning the Zacian-C matchup more easy, Snarl for Calyrex-S and opposing Kyogre, and closing off with Wild Charge as its main STAB and Ice Fang for Landorus.

I think the worse matchups to play against with this team is:

1631213919409.png

I think Eternatus is almost an insta-loss, since it just hard Kyogre so hard. My main strategy here is to K.O all of Eternatus's allies and try finishing it off with a critical hit. Yeah. I am that bad.

1631213991023.png

Seeing Zapdos-G's drop really got me going for the double Intimidate, but sometimes it is still around, so you really rely on Kyogre's attacks to effectively K.O it wiithout it wiping the team.

1631214096598.png
1631214082552.png

I have 3 Grass-types. Even if I have the Kyogre, I got to control the weather well to take this core down. It's not impossible, but Entei really pressures me hard.

And that's it! Hope you guys liked it :)

Attachments

Last edited:
:oranguru: :incineroar: :kyogre: :tapu koko: :torkoal: :tsareena: Here is a team based off a Sun series team I really liked.

:oranguru: :mental herb:
Oranguru is a very consistent Trick Room setter. It has great support options in Instruct and Taunt, as well as a cool offensive option in Foul Play. Mental Herb gives an additional safeguard to guarantee that Trick Room will go up.
:incineroar: :sitrus berry:
Incineroar is the staple VGC all around option. This one specifically runs both Snarl and Parting Shot to maximize the impact that it can have on hindering opponents' offense.
:kyogre: :wiki berry:
Wiki Berry Kyogre is a interesting defensive option. Recently, cool Kyogre items have been popping up, including Assault Vest on Japanese Teams, and Leftovers on other similar teams, like that from my friend Quentin. With the great support from Tsareena and Incineroar, Wiki Berry gives Kyogre additional survivability. Unfortunately, as a result of this bulkier, Trick Room oriented set, this Kyogre has to carry Origin Pulse, instead of Water Spout, as a precaution outside of Trick Room. This can lead to potential scenarios where missing Origin Pulse is extremely punishing, but good players don't miss moves :) Kyogre also carries Thunder instead of a secondary water STAB, as to exert more pressure in the Kyogre mirror, in combination with Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain. This also helps against Urshifu-RS and Yveltal.
:Tapu Koko: :focus sash:
Tapu Koko is underused, due to Regieleki being better on most fronts, and Electric Terrain being nerfed. However, it fits this team really well. Paired with Tsareena and Incineroar, these three Pokémon can cycle extremely well, to get into an advantageous position. This Tapu Koko does not carry protect, instead opting for the moveset of Thunder, Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam, and Taunt. With Tsareena, the threat of Fake Out and other priority moves breaking the Sash is lessened, and this allows Tapu Koko to get away with no Protect. Fast Taunt that is not priority is extremely undervalued, and this set takes advantage of this. The ability to pivot out of Incineroar and Tsareena into Tapu Koko to stop potential Spores, is also incredibly useful.
:torkoal: :choice specs:
As an alternative weather option to Kyogre's rain, Torkoal provides immense offensive pressure paired with Oranguru's instruct. It does a lot of damage, and I think it is quite funny watching the opposing health bars deplete to taking 2 Choice Specs Eruptions in one turn. This covers many of the problematic matchups that Kyogre has.
:tsareena: :assault vest:
Tsareena's ability is vital to keeping Kyogre alive, and maximizing the impact of Tapu Koko. It is the majority of the physical damage on the team, handling with grass types with Triple Axel, and High Jump kick doing unexpected amounts of damage to Incineroar and the like. With U-turn, it can cycle effectively into advantageous board positioning.

Last edited:
:oranguru: :incineroar: :kyogre: :tapu koko: :torkoal: :tsareena: Here is a team based off a Sun series team I really liked.

:oranguru: :mental herb:
Oranguru is a very consistent Trick Room setter. It has great support options in Instruct and Taunt, as well as a cool offensive option in Foul Play. Mental Herb gives an additional safeguard to guarantee that Trick Room will go up.
:incineroar: :sitrus berry:
Incineroar is the staple VGC all around option. This one specifically runs both Snarl and Parting Shot to maximize the impact that it can have on hindering opponents' offense.
:kyogre: :wiki berry:
Wiki Berry Kyogre is a interesting defensive option. Recently, cool Kyogre items have been popping up, including Assault Vest on Japanese Teams, and Leftovers on other similar teams, like that from my friend Quentin. With the great support from Tsareena and Incineroar, Wiki Berry gives Kyogre additional survivability. Unfortunately, as a result of this bulkier, Trick Room oriented set, this Kyogre has to carry Origin Pulse, instead of Water Spout, as a precaution outside of Trick Room. This can lead to potential scenarios where missing Origin Pulse is extremely punishing, but good players don't miss moves :) Kyogre also carries Thunder instead of a secondary water STAB, as to exert more pressure in the Kyogre mirror, in combination with Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain. This also helps against Urshifu-RS and Yveltal.
:Tapu Koko: :focus sash:
Tapu Koko is underused, due to Regieleki being better on most fronts, and Electric Terrain being nerfed. However, it fits this team really well. Paired with Tsareena and Incineroar, these three Pokémon can cycle extremely well, to get into an advantageous position. This Tapu Koko does not carry protect, instead opting for the moveset of Thunder, Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam, and Taunt. With Tsareena, the threat of Fake Out and other priority moves breaking the Sash is lessened, and this allows Tapu Koko to get away with no Protect. Fast Taunt that is not priority is extremely undervalued, and this set takes advantage of this. The ability to pivot out of Incineroar and Tsareena into Tapu Koko to stop potential Spores, is also incredibly useful.
:torkoal: :choice specs:
As an alternative weather option to Kyogre's rain, Torkoal provides immense offensive pressure paired with Oranguru's instruct. It does a lot of damage, and I think it is quite funny watching the opposing health bars deplete to taking 2 Choice Specs Eruptions in one turn. This covers many of the problematic matchups that Kyogre has.
:tsareena: :assault vest:
Tsareena's ability is vital to keeping Kyogre alive, and maximizing the impact of Tapu Koko. It is the majority of the physical damage on the team, handling with grass types with Triple Axel, and High Jump kick doing unexpected amounts of damage to Incineroar and the like. Additonally, unknown to many, Tsareena gets Feint. This is incredibly useful in breaking Focus Sashes, and allowing Kyogre and Torkoal's spread moves to go through Wide Guard. With U-turn, it can cycle effectively into advantageous board positioning.
Hey, nice team! Just telling you that Tsareena lost Feint in Gen. 8, so please remove it from the explanation.

Kyogre+Miltank+Oranguru
:ss/kyogre: :ss/miltank: :ss/oranguru: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/incineroar: :ss/stakataka:

This team was quickly made but what pokemon to put along with Kyogre was the only thing taking time to think of. I tried an idea similar to this previously but I couldn't get it to work. This team focuses on Kyogre in Trick Room which allows you to threaten the faster metagame.​

Pokepaste: Kyogre and unused stuff

:kyogre: :mystic water: I thought of using Trick Room Kyogre because of the faster metagame that Kyogre wouldn't always be able to keep up with. Scald can burn pokemon such as Zacian-Crowned which will threaten the team. Water Spout does huge damage to pokemon that aren't immune or resisted to it. Even resist have a hard time tolerating the monsterous damage Kyogre can use. Ice Beam is for coverage that can destroy both Landorus.

:miltank: :assault vest: Miltank is one of the two interesting choices I have put on the team, Sap Sipper seems to be a great switch in to grass types that will threaten Kyogre. Assault Vest can take more special moves, and Miltank actually gets Steel Roller so it can do great damage along with Rillaboom's grassy terrain. Body Slam can paralyze and Body Press can take advantage of its above average defense. High Horse Power is ok coverage.

:oranguru: :mental herb: To support Kyogre and Miltank, I thought of using Oranguru for my Trick Room setter. Instruct allows my pokemon to ko the opponents pokemon or at least do a great amount of damage. Ally Swap is annoying and can save pokemon, and Encore can disrupt the opposing team.

:rillaboom: :miracle seed: :incineroar: :sitrus berry: I put these two together because their synergy with each other is a popular thing, so why not? Rillaboom can give Miltank a attack boost through Grassy Glide and Throat Chop on Incinceroar deals with opposing Incineroars and Calrex-Shadow.

:stakataka: :safety goggles: Stak is the TR abuser and Wide Guard can be valued against pokemon similar to Groudon which gives players a hard time.

Well I hope you enjoy my team because I tried to persuade you to use the team have a good day you get the drift

AV Ferrothorn Rain

Fairly standard tornogre team with some spicy embellishments, namely AV ferrothorn which I find pretty underrated and very useful in the rain mirror, among other matchups.

Dead standard kyogre set. Nothing to say here.

Another dead standard offensive tornadus set, you know the drill.

AV Ferrothorn hard walls a solid half, at least, of a standard rain team. The EV's OHKO 36 hp / 4 def kyogre 100% of the time, and avoids the ohko from jolly ursh's close combat, apart from 6.3% of the time. It's obviously pretty good vs xerneas, and a good option vs a t1 calyrex-shadow/indeedee lead, since knock off can be somewhat unexpected.

Sitrus Incineroar with ev's ripped right off of pikalytics. I chose a fast one to hopefully win fake out speed ties, which is useful vs. a t1 xerneas/incineroar. Put in as as fake out and intimidate support and helps vs. zacian and the odd ferrothorn or celesteela. Of note is roar, which was put in after seeing one too many mental herb / trick room turn ones. This doesn't work vs redirection, but safety goggles gives up too much bulk imo. The strat then is just to KO the amoonguss turn one and then stall out the remaining turns of trick room while being one mon up. It's also quite useful vs. xerneas.

Landorus was put in as another layer of insurance vs. zacian and eternatus, and to provide a switch in to regieleki. Eternatus in particular usually blows out kyogre teams as soon as they get a cosmic power up, so imo having something to deal with that is basically mandatory.

Most put tsareena into tornogre teams but honestly tsareena is kinda overrated. Opposing players know to expect a tsareena and will usually be pretty hesitant just to grassy glide when they know one is in the back, and having literally every high power move be of crap accuracy is really, really painful. Having psychic terrain kinda fills the same role, stopping grassy glides priority and so having some more chances to kill the monke. Scarf indeedee also rolls calyrex leads with shadow ball, and trick just gimps xern and trick roomers if you play it right. Having a powerful scarf attacker also takes a little pressure off of the need to always have tailwind up.

This team is pretty flexible with leads, but most of the time I've found that saving tornogre for lategame helps to avoid the techs that literally every opposing team will have against it, and gives you more room to counter trick room or a turn one geomancy.

:Mantine: :kyogre: :tapu koko: :tsareena: :toxicroak: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/e359650218c7c530
One of my favorite teams I've made this series, so many fun mons and sets.

Mantine is a very underexplored mon in the current meta with 2 great abilities in water absorb and swift swim along with a fun move pool mantine can be quite the problem for opposing teams. Mantine gets access to the moves wide guard and tailwind allowing it to stop spread moves from opposing kyogre and calyrex shadow, also with the swift swim ability your able to set up a super fast tailwind. Icy wind is one of my favorite moves, it really comes in handy in the kyogre mirror.

not gonna go into much detail its a very standard kyogre set, I had mystic water on this build before but without the tailwind up it wasn't able to do the damage i wanted,

tapu koko gives us a good damage into opposing kyogre and urshify. LO+Terrain boosted thunders do like 60%+ into basically everything. Koko also allows me to change the terrain to stop potential grassy glides and spores into my team.

Toxicroak has been seen on rain teams in the past due to its ability dry skin making it immune to water type attacks while gaining health back from the rain kyogre set. Provides fake out support and a very cool type combination in poison and fighting.

Pretty standard tsareena, its a must have on kyogre teams with rillaboom being all over the place.

This slot was excadrill for quite sometime, but it never did that well in testing, I decided to make the switch to Lando to better help against zacian and eleki, plus intimidate is nice. This sets really fun to use as u may notice the landorus has weatherball, so in the rain you can chunk either form of landorus and ground types in general with a super effective water type attack.

I've been really busy lately so sorry if the post seems rushed. Hope you all liked the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)