Visualize Your Last.fm History

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Yours will all probably be more interesting than mine as all I really use last.fm for is free internet radio (combined with 6GB/mo data on an iPhone it's friggin' great).

How to do this yourself:
1) Go here and type in your last.fm username. Click Generate.
2) Copy the text and paste it in the text box here.
3) Set the text to half and half or something under edit so it isn't all ugly and diagonal.
4) Hit PrtScr on your PC (whatever screenshot is on Mac/Linux), paste it in an image editting program and export a cropped version of just the picture as .gif or .png (not .jpg which will make this uglier).
5) Upload it here.
6) Post it in this topic.

Edit: I take it back about the iPhone app being great. Apparently as of yesterday they've stopped serving Canadians. God I fucking hate the music industry.

i like putting songs on repeat

also i am dumb, i didn't know how to make the diagonal go away so i just hit randomise and blinded myself over and over. then i realised half-and-half is actually under the layout menu

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

most of these were recommended by other users. This'll probably change soon though. CK started off by recommending me a few albums, but then he went out of control and gave me like 50 to work with. Surely a few of them will force me to listen to it over and over again.

This is really informative!

Edit: The top part of the buttons are showing, I couldn't see them properly when I cropped it :O

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The killers have ~150 excess plays because I fell asleep one night with Mr. Brightside on repeat. A lot of this represents what I used to listen to over a year back, so this isn't exactly a perfect depiction of what I listen to now.

I did two of them, one for the last 6 months (a period in which I was introduced to lots of great new music) and my overall charts, with stuff i've been listening for years

i'm sure no one cares, but i really love seeing this shit B)

overall charts

6 months

firestorm, this is a great find

Only issue is that it would not take my Why? plays at all. I tried removing the ? and still nothing. Why? would be probably 3 times larger than The Thermals, which is the second most.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
overall charts

dunno why it seperated crosby, stills, nash, and young. it also only does the top 50 bands.

may as well advertise my lastfm name: theamato to anyone lookin.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It warms my heart to see all the God is an Astronaut.

I'm the best!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A tip, when saving, save as .gif or .png, not .jpeg. Jpegs have really crappy compression for things like this.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Damn, I thought it automatically selected .png, it does on my work computer.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DM with the insane clown posse

also i love how all the Lights plays on everyones list was all me :p lights4ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)