Volt-turn and Knock Off: An Explosive Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In this article, i will explain this strategy and why it works. Basically, with a lot of U-turn and Volt Switch users, it is very easy to wear down most Pokemon after they have lost their item, so the little damage of U-turn and Volt Switch is always meaningful. A good SR setter makes this strategy even better. Examples of such Pokemon:
  • Knock Off + U-turn Gliscor
  • Knock Off + U-turn Lando-T
  • Knock Off + U-turn Torn-T
  • Knock Off + U-turn Mega Scizor
  • Not every Pokemon has to have Knock Off + U-turn / Volt Switch
  • Rotom-W
  • Mega Manectric
  • Knock Off Thundurus
  • Knock Off Landorus
  • Knock Off Ferrothorn
  • Knock Off Mega Venusaur
  • Knock Off Mandibuzz
  • Volt Switch Zapdos
  • Taunt + SR + U-turn Gliscor (good SR setter)
  • Stealth Rock + Knock Off Landorus (good SR setter)
  • Mixed SR Tyranitar + Rapid Spin Excadrill (good SR setter + good anti-SR support, plus sand damage to wear foes down even faster)
That's it for now, tell me what else do i have to include or explain to get approval, i am new to this. I have other article ideas btw, so can i go ahead and post more threads, or do to manage one thread each time?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a pretty interesting idea, and I know that you know enough of your stuff to make an article on this. Approved!

Also, you can submit as many article ideas at once as you want, though it's typically a good idea to work on up to 3 articles at a time so you don't risk biting off more than you can chew. But once you complete some, you can do more if you want. And when adding this to the Article Workshop, you'll want to add [36-BS] to the left of your article title.

I'd give you access to the Article Workshop if you didn't already have it, but I don't have that power sadly, nor can I tell if you have access already or not. Tagging Bummer for confirmation.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd give you access to the Article Workshop if you didn't already have it, but I don't have that power sadly, nor can I tell if you have access already or not. Tagging Bummer for confirmation.
He does now!

You can have several articles in the works, although it's preferrable if you finish writing one before moving on to the next. Our art department becomes particularly vulnerable, as someone canstart illustrating an article in the works, only to sometimes discover that the author won't be able to complete it for various reasons. Also, have some general rules:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.
2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).
If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
Welcome to the force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)