Warstory- The First of many!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So i finally decided to load Shoddy. This was my first win in like 4 battles. Im pretty happy with the results.

Also i don't know how to do those pokemon pics people normally put first, so for now i will just list the pokes in order of apearance:

Hauntershadow92 [Me]:

Raja [Opponent]:

Me in Purple
Raja in Red
My thoughts Bolded
Slops and Props: Italicized (Spelling?)
Pokemon in Blue
Damage in DarkGreen
Lefties/Minimizing Stats etc. in Normal Font.

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause

Raja: sent out Mesprit (lvl 100 Mesprit).
hauntershadow92: sent out Weavile (lvl 100 Weavile ?).
hauntershadow92: Weavile is exerting its pressure!

hauntershadow92: GL
raja: you too

hauntershadow92: Weavile used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Raja: Mesprit lost 29% of its health.
Raja: Mesprit used U-turn.
It's super effective!

hauntershadow92: Weavile lost 55% of its health.
Raja switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
First Turn. I did little he did a lot. Give and take. U-Turned out so know i have a Skarmory breathing down my neck.

6-6 Tie

hauntershadow92: Weavile used Brick Break.
Raja: Skarmory lost 14% of its health.
Raja: Skarmory used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.
Off to a decent start. Un-fortunatly i don't have a Spinner, which i REALLY need for this team to work. So i have to work on that part.

6-6 Tie

hauntershadow92: Weavile used Ice Punch.
Raja: Skarmory lost 20% of its health.
Raja: Skarmory used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Un-fortunatly, i felt i had no safe switch into this monster. So I really needed him to be at lowest health possible bfore i died.

6-6 Tie

hauntershadow92: Weavile used Ice Punch.
Raja: Skarmory lost 21% of its health.
Raja: Skarmory used Brave Bird.
hauntershadow92: Weavile lost 65% of its health.
hauntershadow92's Weavile fainted.
Raja: Skarmory was hit by recoil!
Raja: Skarmory lost 13% of its health.

Yeah, i saw that coming.
A). Good thing Weaville wasn't needed for later game
B). He did the job of weakening Skarm which really did the thing next turn
C). Brave Bird really helped me here. The recoil did enough Damage for....

6-5 Raja

hauntershadow92 switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
hauntershadow92: Magnezone was hurt by Spikes!
hauntershadow92: Magnezone lost 18% of its health.
hauntershadow92: Magnezone used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Raja: Skarmory lost 140% of its health.
Raja's Skarmory fainted.
Magnezone's leftovers restored its health a little!
Magnezone restored 6% of its health.
Nice bit of luck there. Looks like that last hit towards Weaville was not in vain, though i really did not need it for the 140% Damage....

5-5 Tie

Raja switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Raja: Breloom used Spore.
hauntershadow92: Magnezone fell asleep!
hauntershadow92: Magnezone is fast asleep!
Breloom was badly poisoned!
Magnezone's leftovers restored its health a little!
Magnezone restored 6% of its health.
Ok. So now im sleeping....WAKE UP! Unfortunatly that won't happen <_<

5-5 Tie

Raja: Breloom used Sky Uppercut.
It's super effective!
hauntershadow92: Magnezone lost 117% of its health.
hauntershadow92's Magnezone fainted.
Breloom's Poison Heal restored health!
Breloom restored 13% of its health.
Well that annoyed me. Zone did nothing here. Too bad. I hate spore.

5-4 Raja

hauntershadow92 switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Breloom's attack!
Raja: switched in Mesprit (lvl 100 Mesprit).
hauntershadow92: Salamence used Flamethrower.
Raja: Mesprit lost 44% of its health.
Mesprit was burned!
Mesprit's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mesprit restored 6% of its health.
Mesprit was hurt by its burn!
Mesprit lost 12% of its health.
Well. Not what i was hoping for. It worked out though. The burn was a little added bonus. At this point i think i posted: "Well, I lost." Some reason it didn't show up. But w/e. I had a feeling i had nothing left to turn this around.

5-4 Raja

Raja switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Raja: Blissey lost 19% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
At this point i was getting frustrated with Mence barely denting his pokes. I was about to choose another move when i realized i had a Hera! [I don't normally use this team nor most of these pokes]

hauntershadow92: switched in Heracross (lvl 100 Heracross ?).
hauntershadow92: Heracross was hurt by Spikes!
hauntershadow92: Heracross lost 19% of its health.
Raja: Blissey used Ice Beam.
hauntershadow92: Heracross lost 20% of its health.
Ok. Good thing i switched or my Mence would have been done for. Too bad for the Spike and Ice Beam Damage on Hera. He was still holding up long enough though.

5-4 [Still] Raja

Raja switched in Mesprit (lvl 100 Mesprit).
hauntershadow92: Heracross used Close Combat.
It's not very effective...
Raja: Mesprit lost 21% of its health.
Raja's Mesprit fainted.
Heracross's defence was lowered.
Heracross's special defence was lowered.
Ok that was quite a bit of luck. If that didn't happen, i would probably have lost.

4-4 Tie [Finally]

tyson_blue has entered the room.

Raja switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Raja: Lucario used Extremespeed.
hauntershadow92: Heracross lost 75% of its health.
hauntershadow92: Heracross fainted.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
Well, Hera loses to a primary attack. Too bad.....

4-3 Raja

Salamence's intimidate cut Lucario's attack!
Raja switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Raja: Blissey lost 19% of its health.
At this point keeping Mence in would be stupid, knowing Bliss has Ice Beam. So i switched into something also weak to ice....

4-3 Raja

Choice Specs prohibits the use of this move.
hauntershadow92: switched in Drifblim (lvl 100 Drifblim ?).
It's super effective!
hauntershadow92: Drifblim lost 34% of its health.
Yeah i know, switching into an Ice Beam, something im weak to is risky. But i knew that Driftblim can take at most 3 Ice Beams, and i had to set someting up to defeat this Blissey.

4-3 Raja

hauntershadow92: Drifblim used Substitute.
Drifblim lost 25% of its health.
Drifblim made a substitute!
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Drifblim!
Drifblim's substitute faded!
Unfortunatly, it looks like my plan to set up won't work here. So off to another plan to set up!

4-3 Raja

hauntershadow92: Drifblim used Haze.
It's super effective!
hauntershadow92: Drifblim lost 31% of its health.
Drifblim was frozen solid!
Drifblim's Salac Berry raised its speed!
Drifblim lost its burden!
Ok, Plan 2 fails too. If I was not frozen, then i wouln't have died the next turn.

4-3 Raja [Still <_<]

hauntershadow92: Drifblim is frozen solid!
It's super effective!
hauntershadow92: Drifblim lost 34% of its health.
hauntershadow92's Drifblim fainted.
Ok. My plan was to pass my Zard a Sub + Speed. Unfortunatly that didn't work. Good thing for plan C.

4-2 Raja

hauntershadow92 switched in Havoc (lvl 100 Charizard ?).
hauntershadow92: Havoc used Belly Drum.
Havoc lost 50% of its health.
Havoc's attack was raised.
hauntershadow92: Havoc lost 27% of its health.
Havoc's Salac Berry raised its speed!
Ok so far so good. Plan C is working. Im now at +4 Atk and +! [I think] on Fire Attacks and +1 on Speed. If i was not hit by Ice Beam, Plan D would have been to use Double-Edge to recoil myself into Blaze+Salac range.

4-2 Raja

hauntershadow92: Havoc used Fire Punch.
Raja: Blissey lost 165% of its health.
raja's Blissey fainted.
Ok, that was exactly how i planned on Blissey falling before my BL knees. The only thing that Walled me if Havoc were to be defeated. Good thing it was KOed before then. I was still losing, but not as much as i do on WIFI.

3-2 Raja

hauntershadow92: Havoc lost 49% of its health.
hauntershadow92's Havoc fainted.
Stupid darn Lucario and his extreme speed. Well, i was mad. The poke this team was centerized around fell. At this point i KNEW i was dead. Knowing the Cario had Orb, he could probably use Dragon Pulse and KO my Mence. The odds were definatly against me. 1 Mence against 3 other pokes. One of which i didn't know who it was....

3-1 Raja

Salamence's intimidate cut Lucario's attack!
Raja switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
hauntershadow92: Salamence used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Raja: Heatran lost 127% of its health.
Raja's Heatran fainted.
Pure luck right there. I did not expect Hydro Pump to hit, nevertheless OHKO the switched poke. Unexpected OHKO right there. Still losing, but not by too much.

2-1 Raja

Raja switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Raja: Breloom lost 118% of its health.
Raja's Breloom fainted.
I was super shocked when this happen. A OHKO form Mence really isnt hard, but using a move that is not effective against full health AND getting a Crit, the Hax Gods are surely on my side now. I still had my doubts, cause im fairly new to this whole battling competitivly. I aslo HATE using low Acc. moves, in fear of them missing.

1-1 Tie [Drum rolls]

Announcer: Final Round! Next one down losses!

hauntershadow92: Salamence lost 44% of its health.
Raja: Lucario lost 101% of its health.
raja's Lucario fainted.
hauntershadow92 wins!
I was incredibly stunned. Quite a turn-aroud eh?

raja has left the room.
hauntershadow92: Aw, i was about to say GG
Well, you can't win and NOT say GG. It's mean.
[/FONT]

Props:
-Salmence for doing that impressive sweep
-Magnezone and Weaville for a tag-team KO
-Havoc [Charizard] for destroying Bliss who would have walled Mence and then i would have lost
-My 4th plan working
-Hera for doing something
-Raja for my best battle on Shoddy so far and then for going into the chat to ask how to beat a BellyZard, lol.

Slops:
-Hera for not living up to what I heard it could do
-Weaville did not live up to its potential
-Magnezone barely did anything; got spored then OHKOed......
-Driftblim for failing at his only role in this team
-My 3 plans failing
-Havoc [Charizard] for being stpped way too quickly [accurssed priority move]

Overall, i feel this battle worked out. If anyone has any suggestions as to a better Baton Passer, please and thank you! If anone has any questions/comments please state them, please. Also, did i sound cocky at all?

Thank you for reading! It took me forever to type!

THATS A CANT READ, X_X

delete all the fonts and bright colors(lightgreen) and lower the size, and only post the score when a poke faints, make the commentary a different color then balck and the chat in battle not black

take a look at other warstories for help, like adaron's or mine, others, etc.

so everyone can actually read it and please post good battles not ones with terrible play ad luck alot, we dont like reading those

I tried to read it even with the font problem, but when I saw that you left Weavile in to die even though you had a Magnezone, I decided to stop reading.
Why wouldn't you switch him in immediately once you saw skarm?

EDIT: Read the rest of it, and it really was a bad battle. Also: do you even know what Haze does?

My eyes are bleeding.

I managed to read around the horrible formatting, and what I saw was a crappy game, with a win cemented by pure luck. Exactly the game we don't want to see.

I tried to read it even with the font problem, but when I saw that you left Weavile in to die even though you had a Magnezone, I decided to stop reading.
Why wouldn't you switch him in immediately once you saw skarm?
this

Along with argh my eyes ectect

Ok, sorry about that. I edited it. Is it better? Im having trouble with the fonts and size........

Edit: I left Weaville i to die because this was a test, and i wanted to see the strength of all my pokes. So standing up to a skarm was my test for Weaville. I'll know for next time to weaken it then switch to Zone. Please don't harass me for my desicions. Only harass me if those desicions made me lose.

ease up on the guy he didnt mean to post this shit thread on purpose.you should try to "lurk more". and use the preview feature before posting a thread.

Ok, but reading other threads can't help my text problem.......It tried it at 2 which was the first one. The 2nd try is at one. I will try 2 again.

EDIT: Is that better?

I said in the begginig that i don't know how too. I asked if someone would tell me.

Edit: please stop saying what i missed and not helping me on that. This is obviously my first time posting one, and if i missed something then i obviously do not know how to do that. I read all the stickies before posting, so i dont get in trouble. Also, where is the preview button?

No offense, but this really isn't good warstory material, heaps of huge mistakes for no reason. Keeping Weavile in on Skarm when you had Magnezone for no reason, using Haze on Driftblim when it did nothing and letting 'Zone die for no reason being the most glaring. Check the warstories in the archive to see the quality and aspects of the battles which make a good warstory in future.

What I meant about the Weavile comment is that 'Zone is THE Skarm counter, so even next time you shouldn't leave Weavile out at all. Switch to 'Zone immediately. You'll trap Skarm (if it isn't holding shed shell) and you'll OHKO with Thunderbolt. No need to weaken it with Weavile.

Anyway, sorry if I sounded harsh. Wasn't being mean on purpose. Don't give up and I look forward to seeing you progress (that is if you keep on posting more warstories)

People, stop ripping his confidence into shreds. He's new and doesn't know much. Not everyone here can write warstories as well as TheMantyke.

Firstly, sprites can be gotton from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/ and those should be the only sprites you use.

Secondly, you don't need to test your pokes. The strategy PokéDex can be referred to in seeing what counters what. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Thirdly, don't use bright colors or font tags when writing war stories. A blue like I'm using is fine, but lightgreen and yellow aren't good colors. The commentary is pretty good for a first.

Use proper grammer!!!! People will take you a little more seriously, since being lazy when typing shows us you aren't serious about this. When you get a real job, showing up to work wearing checks and blacks and looking half asleep isn't good, and its the same idea here. If you want people to respect you and think you're actually serious, don't be lazy when posting. Capitalize the letter "I", the word is "I'm" and type out the word "to".

Damn that was a nice(and gamesaving) crit from Mence. I don't see hydro pump on too many Salamence, it looked like it works pretty well for you though. I guess Heatran mighta done a lot more had you not had it.

Stopped reading after you didnt send magnezone into skarmory and let it setup spikes and kill weavile - what a waste of using magnezone and weavile. I look for interesting thoughts/comments/insights on the battle and I know it will be lacking after that terrible play.

No offense, but this really isn't good warstory material, heaps of huge mistakes for no reason. Keeping Weavile in on Skarm when you had Magnezone for no reason, using Haze on Driftblim when it did nothing and letting 'Zone die for no reason being the most glaring. Check the warstories in the archive to see the quality and aspects of the battles which make a good warstory in future.
Ok. Obviously i was using a strategy here. Weakening the Skarm so i can switch in Zone and KO it with one hit. Sacrificing Weaville had like no effect on the battle at all. And anyway, I didn't know that Magnezone was THE counter to Skarm. I didn't think it had enough juice to hurt Skarm a lot. I used Haze, because i knew Driftblim was done for and i had no attacking moves that effect a Blissey. And i made a slight error there. I accidentally thought for a split second Haze = Taunt. I didn't want Bliss healing or anything. That was my bad and a poor choice. And a few small mistakes that didn't do anything that would make me lose [cause well, i didn't lose] doesn't give you the right to flame me on my desicions. And there was really only 1 mistake and that was the Haze thing. And i definatly will say that.

@Tweezers: Its ok. I needed someone to at least be nice about it. If i had known Zone was THE counter to Skarm, i would definatly not have let Weaville die.

@Acredula: Thank you. I didnt realize you could use Pokemonelite for the images. I thought there was like a coding for it on Smogon's posts. There was something like that somewherer else and that is why i got confused. I will go and edit it now. Also sorry for the green. I don't know what i was thinking.I understand the whole grammer thing, but it really shouldn't matter HERE if I put "i" instead of I or forget the apostrophe or type out 2. This really isn't that important. Yes, if I was in an interview or something that is important i wouldn't slouch and use improper grammer.

@Automatic: Thank you very much. I don't normally use Hydro Pump and it really helped. So I'm going to keep it.

lol. Having read Acredula's post, I can confidantly say that he's one of the more subtle trolls I've seen in a while.

Ok. Obviously i was using a strategy here. Weakening the Skarm so i can switch in Zone and KO it with one hit. Sacrificing Weaville had like no effect on the battle at all. And anyway, I didn't know that Magnezone was THE counter to Skarm. I didn't think it had enough juice to hurt Skarm a lot. I used Haze, because i knew Driftblim was done for and i had no attacking moves that effect a Blissey. And i made a slight error there. I accidentally thought for a split second Haze = Taunt. I didn't want Bliss healing or anything.And a few small mistakes that didn't do anything that would make me lose [cause well, i didn't lose] doesn't give you the right to flame me on my desicions. And there was really only 1 mistake and that was the Haze thing. And i definatly will say that.
If you hadn't made those mistakes (they weren't that small, you lost 2 pokemon that could have been avoided) you would've most likely had a decisive win instead of a narrow win.

While not knowing about 'Zone countering Skarm is forgivable it made much more sense, as it only takes 25% from both of Skarm's STABs, has a type advantage and Magnet Pull. It didn't make sense to keep Weavile in after it did that little damage. As for 'Zone after it was slept, it should have been switched, as having a pokemon alive and asleep is better than not having one at all, and 'Mence could have switched in on both Breloom's STABs. A poke should only be sacrificed when it can't do anything else (as in it's outsped and killed by everything the opponent has).

Remember, even if you win doesn't mean you can't improve on how you played (I'm sorry if I mis-interpreted you but I got the vibe of 'I can only be criticised if I lose'). And I'm sorry that my last post was a bit mean spirited. Long as you listen to the criticisms and take them into account you should soon be having battles that would certainly make good warstories, best thing to do in general would be to make sure you know the roles and general counters and moves of most OU pokemon and then start predictign what your opponent will do from that knowledge.

Dear lord you're terrible. =/

Please don't post anymore warstories for a long time. Please.

You're "strategy" was flawed, and the Salamence sweep was lame. Come on, a lucky crit ftw? How awful.....

We smogoners want battles that display good prediction skills and tough battles. What we don't want to see are lame one sided battles filled with blunders, and we really don't want to see battles that end in haxy sweeps.

Urgh, your starting was horrible, to say the least. Why bother weakening Skarm when Magnezone OHKO's Skarm no matter what? Why leave Zone in breloom?
(I stopped reading after that part)
Also, here's a tip. Don't put the scores until a pokemon gets knocked out. Especially, don't put the scores every round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)