What is your favorite general food?

My favorite food has to be Hawaiian pizza, Pineapple and ham on a pizza is just too amazing ahahaha, I have a story about it if you guys wanna know that involves me first relationship and how we broke up over pineapple on pizza, but only if you ask, a bit off of the topic of the thread, what is your favorite general food?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
General Tso's chicken is the only general food I'm aware of

sorry had to, my real answer is mashed potatoes, my mom makes them with a ton of butter and they come out SO good

hmmmmm.... I love so many different kinds of food.... this is hard.

There are few things more satisfying than an excellent broth. My recipe usually involves simmering smoked meat and bones overnight with onions, garlic, herbs, and hot peppers. Just makes for a very warm, rich, and spicy broth that works well for ramen, or as a base for more complex stews. I’ve added roasted peppers, onions, and tomatoes to this to stew down for a long time with a beef roast, or goat with spices and curry.

I’ve also taken rinds from a Parmesan reggiano wheel to make a really great broth to serve scallops and potatoes in... like a sort of lighter play on a seafood chowder. Added some lemon, herbs, and white wine along the way. Was super good.

I guess that is just a really long and complicated way to say I LIKE SOUP and the many different kinds of soup.

General Tso's chicken is the only general food I'm aware of

sorry had to, my real answer is mashed potatoes, my mom makes them with a ton of butter and they come out SO good
Sometimes the best cooking is the cooking that comes from the family, I love my mom's coleslaw and my grandmother's mash potatos

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As my Mum is Swedish, she has introduced me to some strange Swedish foods but my all time favourite is something called Kalles Kaviar. Kalles Kaviar is mainly made of salted cod roe, sugar, canola oil and spices and it is gosh darn delicious. Salty and a little sweet, its perfect on toast and hard-boiled eggs. It has a very polarising flavour of being 'fishy' and 'salty' but I love and im currently saving a tube of it in the fridge. It looks like this.
Egg_sandwich.jpg

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I can get this right by saying “noodles”

The category that includes beef pho, Nam Ngiao, Shrimp Wonton Min, Spaghetti Bologna (w/ meatballs!), Teuchi Soba, Singapore Rice Noodles, Pancit Bihon, Chop chae, Fried Saimin, Lobster E-Mein, Cup Noodle, Somen Salad, etc. etc. etc.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As my Mum is Swedish, she has introduced me to some strange Swedish foods but my all time favourite is something called Kalles Kaviar. Kalles Kaviar is mainly made of salted cod roe, sugar, canola oil and spices and it is gosh darn delicious. Salty and a little sweet, its perfect on toast and hard-boiled eggs. It has a very polarising flavour of being 'fishy' and 'salty' but I love and im currently saving a tube of it in the fridge. It looks like this. View attachment 288660
Sounds tasty!

Japanese food in general. My favorite is sushi, but I am also a big fan of ramen, tempura, and maki.

If I'm going to pick a specific dish in every category:
Sushi - raw salmon
Ramen - anything with beef or pork belly (not familiar with the names)
Tempura - Tendon
Maki - California Maki

I also love the smell of ramen being cooked. Makes me very, very hungry.

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I like lots of food, I don't mind anything really. Although I haven't gotten a chance to try out some foods, I've definitely still eat A LOT. I pretty much eat anything and everything someone gives to me, however I mostly eat food from my ethnic background. That'd be from Lebanon and there's quite a variety of foods you guys might have heard of or maybe tried. Heres a list:

For one, you may have tried 'hummus'- Hummus (on the left) is a dip or spread that is made from mashed and cooked chickpeas blended together with tahini, garlic and lemon juice. It goes great with so many things, whether dipping bread or with meat. Another thing which you may have seen is tabbouleh (on the right). Tabbouleh is a vegetable salad made mostly chopped parsley, tomatoes, onion, mint, bulgur, and olive oil, lemon juice, salt and some optional additions.
1606455776031.png
1606456276027.png

Another thing you may have tried is Sfeeha (on the left). It is a dish consisting of cooked flatbread with a minced meat topping, often with minced lamb topped with tomatoes, onions, pine nuts and spices. And finally, I'll move onto my favourite of these foods: Stuffed zucchini or kousa (on the right). Kousa is the Arabic word for squash or zucchini. They are a short and wide shape which is ideal for stuffing. The are usually stuffed with rice and ground beef and go well in tomato broth. I love the smells, taste and just all these foods overall. I highly recommend them if you ever get the chance to try them. There are lots of other foods that can fit into my general favourite food category, but these are the main ones. Now I'm hungry...
1606456024428.png
1606456443400.png

I like lots of food, I don't mind anything really. Although I haven't gotten a chance to try out some foods, I've definitely still eat A LOT. I pretty much eat anything and everything someone gives to me, however I mostly eat food from my ethnic background. That'd be from Lebanon and there's quite a variety of foods you guys might have heard of or maybe tried. Heres a list:

For one, you may have tried 'hummus'- Hummus (on the left) is a dip or spread that is made from mashed and cooked chickpeas blended together with tahini, garlic and lemon juice. It goes great with so many things, whether dipping bread or with meat. Another thing which you may have seen is tabbouleh (on the right). Tabbouleh is a vegetable salad made mostly chopped parsley, tomatoes, onion, mint, bulgur, and olive oil, lemon juice, salt and some optional additions.
View attachment 294636 View attachment 294638
Another thing you may have tried is Sfeeha (on the left). It is a dish consisting of cooked flatbread with a minced meat topping, often with minced lamb topped with tomatoes, onions, pine nuts and spices. And finally, I'll move onto my favourite of these foods: Stuffed zucchini or kousa (on the right). Kousa is the Arabic word for squash or zucchini. They are a short and wide shape which is ideal for stuffing. The are usually stuffed with rice and ground beef and go well in tomato broth. I love the smells, taste and just all these foods overall. I highly recommend them if you ever get the chance to try them. There are lots of other foods that can fit into my general favourite food category, but these are the main ones. Now I'm hungry...
View attachment 294637View attachment 294639
I think my favorite Lebanese food is fuul - mashed fava beans with olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and garlic, topped with parsley and chopped tomatoes, with a side of pita bread. It's traditionally a breakfast food, but you can have it for any meal. It's relatively cheap, filling and delicious.

Sushi burritos, picture a burrito sized sushi roll if you havent heard of these, i can eat these every day but theyre pretty hard to find if youre not in a big city.

Probably cheesecake. But aside from sweet things, I would have to say homemade pizza. ANY shop bought or takeaway simply cannot compete imo, or I've yet to find one that can. As for vegi/vegan stuff, I really really love warm, comforting, hearty, stew like recipes such as sweet potato lentil dhal or chana masala.

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm a sucker for Nachos, especially with jalapeños.
Favourite dessert is apple pie by a landslide

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Savory: I'm a sucker for raw salmon, I've never done it but I think I'd be able to eat a whole salmon by myself just because I love how it tastes so much. When cooked, I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS eat the skin and make sure it doesn't get too dry. Some other foods I absolutely love are yakisoba, napolitan pasta, homemade margherita pizza and the ramen from my favorite ramen shop.

Sweet: cold coconut cake, banoffee pie, passion fruit mousse and Nutella come to mind as some favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)