What kind of Pokemon (type, ability, role, moves, etc.) do you wish existed?

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
not sure if its a tm or an "aouter" yet. but if an autoer venausaur would be a great one.
But that'd break the tradition of Torrent, Blaze, and, what was it... Overgrow or something. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind giving the starters more unique abilities.

Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting
Grass/Dark
starters?

Edit: Also, I think water should have a status. "Drenched" or "Water-Logged." It wouldn't cause damage unless you're a fire type, and it doesn't affect water types. Works like burn and para, lowering Sp Attack, but it also lowers Evasion.

But that'd break the tradition of Torrent, Blaze, and, what was it... Overgrow or something. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind giving the starters more unique abilities.
yea but those abilities suck... and you know it. i agree with you there.

my reason for vena getting the auto was because he gets leech seed as a recovery.

other abilities could be:
acid rain cloak - (better name would be nice) + 20% evasion
acid rain body - ( same as above) heals pokemon 1/16 in acid rain

I'd love an evolution for Banette. Dusclops got one, so why not its counterpart? It also would have better Speed and a better physical Ghost move. Maybe its own signature.... That'll be for a later date.

Tentaghoul... It's the only pokemon I ever want to see :P I could even list the moveset, ability, base stats and everything now :(

Anyways I'd like to see some of the pokemon now get their own Evo's aswell as some pre-evos to attempt to make sense of things *Cough*Kangashkahn*

A pure flying type would be nice, as would a wider range of Grass&Fire types.

I'd like a decent Grass type to use, preferably a Grass starter, one with a decent special Grass move that wasn't Grass Knot or Solarbeam. Grass types need a 95 base power special move. Fire, Water, Ice, and Electrics have one, and those are some of the most common moves.

Magmortified

acid rain cloak - (better name would be nice) + 20% evasion
acid rain body - ( same as above) heals pokemon 1/16 in acid rain
Acid Rain Shroud
Acid Rain Absorption

The main issue is that this just becomes hail that favors a different typing at that point. I think some unique benefits should be applied in Acid Rain... or maybe call it something totally different. Like, Sandstorm gets a 1.5 boost to special defense, while hail has a unique ability or two, and fewer types are resistant to damage.

1.5 boost in defense to Muk. >=D

Acid Rain Shroud
Acid Rain Absorption

The main issue is that this just becomes hail that favors a different typing at that point. I think some unique benefits should be applied in Acid Rain... or maybe call it something totally different. Like, Sandstorm gets a 1.5 boost to special defense, while hail has a unique ability or two, and fewer types are resistant to damage.

1.5 boost in defense to Muk. >=D
Ooh, now that would be something. Acid Rain should do 1/16 damage to non-Poison types--Steels included. (Picture acid eating away at steel, if you will.) It should also provide for a chance to inflict Poison to non-Poison/Steel Pokemon. Heck, maybe it could also turn regular Poison to Toxic Poison.

Ooh, now that would be something. Acid Rain should do 1/16 damage to non-Poison types--Steels included. (Picture acid eating away at steel, if you will.) It should also provide for a chance to inflict Poison to non-Poison/Steel Pokemon. Heck, maybe it could also turn regular Poison to Toxic Poison.
Or we could make Acid Rain do this.
  • 1/16 damage to all non-Poison types except for Steel types which take 1/8 damage.
  • Allow Poison type attacks including Toxic to hit Steel types
  • 1.5 boost to defense/special defense to all Poison type pokemon.

Hypno should have a female male evolution thing going on like Ralts Gallade does....and the female Evo should be called Bitchno.

We need more kick ass Poison types, and Electrics with better defenses. Is anyone else supprised this thread has not been locked?

Or we could make Acid Rain do this.
  • 1/16 damage to all non-Poison types and poison type heal 1/16 as well
  • 1.5 boost to 1 or 2 random stats while acid rain is in effect (determined on the turn acid rain is used not when the pokemon is switched in )
i like this better

The way I see it is that even if we make a 120 everything base stat 720 bst poison type with a 1.5x boost to everything during the "Acid Rain" (Which i think is stupid because poison is a totally different thing to acid) It still fails due to shitty STAB and an Equally shitty type matchup.

I'd like a decent Grass type to use, preferably a Grass starter, one with a decent special Grass move that wasn't Grass Knot or Solarbeam. Grass types need a 95 base power special move. Fire, Water, Ice, and Electrics have one, and those are some of the most common moves.
Energy Ball says hi. It's not quite 95 power, but I don't see anyone saying Psychic needs a 95 power move. Leaf Storm exists too, if you're into moves like that.

It sounds like you'd be fond of Sceptile, and maybe also Roserade. Also Grass Arceus lol.

Magmortified

(Which i think is stupid because poison is a totally different thing to acid)
If memory serves, there actually is a move called Acid. It's poison type.

I can already see myself using an Acid Rain team if the boost is given to Defense.

Some addition thing I thought up about Acid Rain.
  • Pokemon with Poison Heal as their ability gain an addition 12.5% or 6.25 health back.
  • Fire Type attack gain an 1.5 boost, but user take 12.5% damage back. I believe this one make little sense but it's interesting nonetheless.
Personally I think Chip's suggestion and that defense boost would be cooler.
  • 1.5 boost to defense while acid rain is in effect.

Special Defensive Grass/Electric starter, or maybe Sunflora evo? (Solaplant)

Mawile and Sableye evos. Better poison and bug types. Ice/Electric special attacker, Dragon/Steel legendary or even uber.

I personally don't think a pure flying type would be that cool. It's been a tradition to give flying pokemon a second type, so why break that tradition? Aswell as the overgrow/torrent/blaze traits for starters, no reason to change a tradition. There are other ways of improving the Metagame.

Some addition thing I thought up about Acid Rain.
  • Pokemon with Poison Heal as their ability gain an addition 12.5% or 6.25 health back.
  • Fire Type attack gain an 1.5 boost, but user take 12.5% damage back. I believe this one make little sense but it's interesting nonetheless.
Personally I think Chip's suggestion and that defense boost would be cooler.
  • 1.5 boost to defense while acid rain is in effect.
personally i think we need acid rain to be set apart form the other types of weather, and a boost to defense seems all too similar to sandstorms 50% Sdef boost to rock types, so i purpose this:

1) negation of foes traits that only mold breaker can negate

2) add a 15ish% boost to acc to all poison moves and if acc exceeds 100% then it never misses

3) no crits, -10% to move effects used by non posion types (allthough paralyzes chance to paralyze you each round is still 25% and the hax items isnt negated as well)

4) if poison is inflicted by a poison user by the chance of a poison attack while acid rain is in effect then it automatically becomes toxic poison.

i could come with more but....ehh

Magmortified

personally i think we need acid rain to be set apart form the other types of weather, and a boost to defense seems all too similar to sandstorms 50% Sdef boost to rock types, so i purpose this:
There's nothing saying it needs to be set apart. =P

My idea of Acid Rain:

-1.5 Defense boost. Obvious.

-Lefty-negating damage to everything but Poisons. Also obvious, but I may as well list it.

-Steel types can be affected by Poison and Poison-type moves - but only for the duration of Acid Rain.

-Now for the twist: The amount of damage done by Acid Rain at the end of each turn increases by x% (by 1-2%, maybe) for each Poison type attack used. As you're essentially polluting things more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)