What religion or belief system are you?

What religion or belief system are you?

• Total voters
I am a Muslim and find spots in other religious beliefs similar to us
We can come to a conclusion that thereare two categories there is one religion in which the people stray
Eg christian islam jews
Some similarities between them are
1. Similar names for mesangers
Eg abraham in cristianity and ibrahim in islam
The other type is beliefs made by ancient people like the norse and greek religions
And I think god exists because the universe is too perfect to be there on its own

To be honest, I'm not a very religious person, but I still want to believe in some kind of power, in something more. But if I choose, then Buddhism attracts me most of all, it's very exciting, it's more than a religion, it's a whole culture. I have done a little research on this topic https://studydriver.com/buddhism/ and I find their philosophy amazing.

Last edited:
I'm a mennonite christian, I tend to not like viewing it as my religion, and more as my faith. Was raised in a christian household, but it was always about my relationship with God, and not about certain religious rules and codes. My faith didn't really solidify until early university where I had been going through some pretty terrible times mentally for a few years prior. It was during that darkness that I think God really reached out to me and helped pull me out and put me in a more sound state.

I'm a Christian. I believe that God exists and that the universe around us is too complex to have been made by accident. I believe that only a divine Creator can be the explanation for how various things in nature, and our bodies work. In addition, we live on a planet that is perfect for human needs and is the perfect distance away from the sun to keep us warm without burning to death and not being too far away to be frozen to death.
While all that is well and good, I absolutely detest a lot of people who claim to be Christian and don't practice their faith whatsoever.
Example: Homophobia, transphobia, racism, and sexism are especially prominent in the Bible Belt area of the United States. 1 John 4:20 says "If someone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen."
I don't believe God made any exceptions for gay people, trans people, black people, or women in this verse. You cannot call yourself a Christian and have hatred in your heart for a certain group of people. As such, I practice my faith by being inclusive, and non-judgmental. Christians have a bad rep as being bigoted so I want to do my part (however small it may be) to help erase that stigma. I have several friends who are LGBT, transgender, different races, and even atheistic and agnostic.
TLDR: I don't care what you are as long as you're not a dick.
I posted this a while ago and while nothing here has changed, I feel like I need to explain my views a little better.
I believe in Creationism because I believe the universe is far too complex to have been an accident a la the big bang.
To be more specific, I believe in a subgenre of Creationism called Old Earth Creationism. This subgenre in my opinion does a better job rectifying the Bible with scientific facts. It basically says that the universe and everything in it was created by God but unlike what's more common in young earth creationism, I don't believe for a second that the universe is <10k years old. Facts from Geology and Astronomy strongly disprove the idea of a young earth. Also I believe in microevolution which is a theory that says species change over a long period of time to better adapt to their environment. However, I do not believe in macroevolution which is the idea that says humans and all animals evolved from different animals with a common ancestor.

I'm agnostic, and lean very heavily towards atheism. Of course no one knows for sure, so that's why I prefer calling myself agnostic over atheist. However, I don't see any proof for God existing.

However, just because I'm not religious myself, doesn't mean I'm anti-religion. I respect everyone's beliefs (unless someone's beliefs include sexism, homophobia etc.).

I'm agnostic/agnostic-theist. I do believe there is some sort of god but I don't follow a specific reason, I don't personally believe any religion is completely correct about what god is. But people can believe whatever they want, plus religions are fairly interesting to read about tbh

I’m an Evangelical Christian, though I always worry that I’ll be judged or seen as an entitled prick (for lack of a better word) because of it, though it’s mostly me worrying more than I should about what people think of me.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
I am a Christian (Church of England/Protestant born). However, I don't believe in all of the laws and believe that we should find our own relationship with God. I get that that could be used to justify personal subjective morality, but eh, if you know you know. I grew up around a lot of Muslims so I know a bit about it too.
I know there's some sort of perceived notion
I don't get this either; I always thought that science is the blueprints of the universe set in place by God.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm agnostic/agnostic-theist. I do believe there is some sort of god but I don't follow a specific reason, I don't personally believe any religion is completely correct about what god is. But people can believe whatever they want, plus religions are fairly interesting to read about tbh
i like this explanation. i'll officially call myself agno-theist (patent pending)

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm a Modern Orthodox Jew out of LA and honestly I love the communal aspect that religion brings regardless of your beliefs. In Judaism, it's all basically one big family, regardless of where you're from, and everyone is there to support you or give you a hot meal. Honestly the best part about religion is that feeling of belonging to something bigger than yourself and I genuinely believe if I ever become not religious, I would keep so many traditions/customs just because they make me happy and whole in a way.

Personally, I'm big into the idea that it doesn't matter how you worship as long as you're trying to connect to something higher, and even if you don't necessarily believe in a God (I for one fall under this umbrella a bit, or at least my ideas of God aren't conventional), religion is just a path to bettering yourself imo, and that's great!

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
I have been an atheist for pretty much forever. I was Catholic educated for 19 years which was very interesting. I never accepted the idea of God and was not a fan of Church and praying. I found that being an atheist at catholic schools early on was really not good. Anytime I would express my beliefs I would got harassed or told off. Thankfully religions have become much more understanding especially certain institutions. Atheism seems to be more accepted nowadays because under freedom of religion I should be free to have no religion. I feel like atheists and agnostics overwhelm those of religious faith in modern times just because people are more comfortable with expressing themselves and disagreeing with how parents want to educate them. I personally am open to the idea of a higher power of some sort. It's awfully strange how we just have this universe where we live for a long time and then die. Seems strange to die and to just not exist for eternity. I don't believe in an almighty figure however because science contests a lot of what people thought were Godly signs. I have a lot of respect for religious people because it takes courage to have faith. As long as they don't use religion to back ethically irresponsible (how I'll phrase it) beliefs like disapproving of LGBTQ+ people and their rights to marriage and just to be themselves. I think everyone should understand the Bible is up for interpretation and definitely not use it to be hateful or not believe the Earth is flat lol. But believe what you want as long as you don't force your beliefs on others. Honestly don't know where I went with this post but I did go somewhere I think. Here's your daily reminder to take care of yourself, to be kind to others, and take a chance on your dreams because life will not wait for you. Good bye! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)